Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2012 4:53 AM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
it seems as there are no connections to previous parts. did i miss something?
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 3, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
Following MAL's splitting of episodes for this series, this is suppose to be episode 3 part 1.

It seems they're trying to subvert EVE again and Eiji is the new operator. What? No sex? Not even an implied one? I'm greatly disappointed! X( LOL

I find Part 1 doesn't seem to be that bad as I was led to believe, or maybe I'm just an optimist. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 26, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
I thought I was really going to hate this, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I didn't like it anywhere near as much as part 1 or 2, but it was still pretty fun even if it was a little tamer (and blander...) than the first two.
Jun 12, 2015 12:31 AM

Feb 2008
I'm completely lost at this point. Aside from EVE, I kinda don't care about anything going on here. The whole plot where dumb bikers repopulate Earth that develops fast is just insane, and not in a good way.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 18, 2016 9:44 PM

Jul 2010
ZetaZaku said:
I'm completely lost at this point. Aside from EVE, I kinda don't care about anything going on here. The whole plot where dumb bikers repopulate Earth that develops fast is just insane, and not in a good way.

Pretty much, I'm so lost too I just don't care anymore. Part 1 was the only part I've actually liked so far and doubt last part 4 will be anything amazing.

Though I do like EVE.
Jun 26, 2016 11:17 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah! No more gratuitous sex/violence !

At first, I was lost, then it was obvious it was the future after the Earth crash, following some illogical chain of unknown developments. My main problem is the period who followed directly this landing. the colony-ship was annihilated, only the core of the system survived. In other words I have to believe that the only survivors and their first descendants were able to build a new town around what remained of Bahamuth. No problem... it was probably very primitive since they had no tool nor modern material. Then over the course of 500 years, a futuristic society with 80s sense of style was living captive in a sci-fi town. Seriously? The growing population never tried to expand on the globe and let itself be captive of the new town? ...They were free from the system back then, who decided to revert back to the old ways and let the super-computer decide when to populate the planet, again?!
Apart from the more than forced initial situation, it was a very interesting continuation of the original OAV. The regression to something similar to the original premise helps of course. Except, this time, it seems a fraction of the people is on the "computer's side". I don't quite understand the need of the coupling but it might be relevant later.
Over the course of this episode, I had some suspicions but when the blond guy with shades (it was probably a trend among mysterious sci-fi characters back then) kept claiming EVE was waiting, the image of a real body imposed itself. And it is the way they chose... I hope it won't spoil this part who is otherwise more interesting than Part.II. (and has more to say!)

The chara-design keeps Part.II's style though in a more simple and appealing way. Despite simpler drawings, there are several scenes who include truncated moves: I found those moments horrible and jaw-dropping but it seems to be a decision (I just can't make sense of it)

4/5
Rei_IIIAug 13, 2020 2:35 PM
Nov 22, 2017 8:01 PM

Nov 2017
This is as bad as I remember. Some cool ideas executed poorly. Don't care about anyone in this but Eve. Dreading Part 3-2.
Feb 5, 2019 10:19 PM
Oct 2018
This was a very bad Akira rip off, and the animation isn't nearly as good as part 2
Feb 7, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2017
Having read so many bad things about part three, my expectations were incredibly low and I ended up very much enjoying it. But then I love crap 80s/90s movies xD
Aug 12, 2020 6:28 AM

Aug 2017
With Kitazume being this part's character designer, it's not surprising I found some of the characters similar to Chara Soon and Elpeo Ple from Gundam ZZ (2 girls among Eiji's friends) xD That reference to Akira was also obvious (character name + looks). Oh, and Ryo's seiyuu also got to perform as Ishtar in Macross II later.

The whole dystopian setting reminded me of Psychopass a little bit (though it came out later). A System that controlls everything, a protagonist working for some cybernetic cops controlling the city, an antagonist wanting to destroy the System and presented as an "anarchist" (alongside with other net-jackers), a cyborg guy in control (almost, he's not the most imortant one here, I guess) of the E=X organization.

Those Garland knives gave me strong NGE vibes.

Sometimes the framerate was just shokingly low though (getting Twinkle Nora vibes), and this episode clearly suffered from pacing problems. Could've been better as a TV series with more time to flesh things out (afaik Megazone23 was planned as a 26-episode series). The world where everything takes place didn't feel "alive" (unlike in the first or second part). Maybe it's intentional due to the dystopian setting.

Eve turned into a real girl somehow

Then over the course of 500 years, a futuristic society with 80s sense of style was living captive in a sci-fi town.

I think Yacob did talk about the global government or something.
St0rmbladeAug 12, 2020 6:40 AM
Oct 13, 2020 12:16 PM

Feb 2012
I'm watching the 1080p remaster and while still frames look gorgeously detailed, the animation is frankly crap; they are missing frames in some parts.

Eve looks different again (almost like Ishtar in Macross II), though she's thankfully still drawn by Mikimoto.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 12, 2021 9:54 AM

May 2012
the first 2 episodes were pretty decent, this one felt like quite the dip in quality though...
Jun 9, 2022 8:02 PM

Feb 2021
She was real the whole time? I'm confused about the continuity
Jan 13, 8:58 PM

Jun 2021
i thought for a moment that the appearance of the mc with EX suit was like the mc of koroshiya 1 lol
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megazone 23 Episode 1 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 26, 2009

28 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 14, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Megazone 23 Episode 4 Discussion

tofei - Oct 3, 2012

11 by Adriannitro »»
Jan 13, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Megazone 23 Episode 2 Discussion

Veethorn - Nov 2, 2009

37 by Adriannitro »»
Jan 12, 12:24 AM

» AIC RIGHTS Starts New Megazone 23 Reboot Project as "G-Project"

ims-tokyo - Mar 25, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Dec 3, 2023 8:32 AM

» 1980's ANIME Movies Pack WRONG ORDER

PxHC - Apr 30, 2023

3 by LelPop »»
May 18, 2023 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.