Forum Settings
Forums

Yamaguchi Noboru Continues to Write Zero no Tsukaima While Under Treatment For Cancer

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2012 7:32 AM

Dec 2011
Hope his health doesn't get effected by writing. I bet it's pretty stressful.
Jun 17, 2012 10:38 AM
Jan 2012
I don't wish for this to happen. >:
The cancer of course I don't want to happen.. D8
Stay strong!
Jun 17, 2012 1:24 PM

Dec 2010
Respect! i wish him the best, but truly gotta respect that kind of willpower; if only everyone was that dedicated to what they cared for.
Jun 17, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2010
Yuumihara said:
supermegasonic said:
question: is the novel's really still going? i could have sworn it would have finished looking at the ending of the ZnT F

The anime didn't go like the novel ,I think only the first season was adapted from the novel.

whoa really?? damn thats a bit of a suprise.

Jun 17, 2012 7:34 PM

Jul 2010
much respect, get well soon!

Jun 20, 2012 7:04 AM

Feb 2010
i second this ..
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Aug 29, 2012 6:12 AM

Jul 2011
13man18 said:
He's strong. I respect that. Even though I do want the novels to finish, but sometimes I think it's better for him to rest more.

Not only strong but amazing, he really loves what he does, but I agree he should rest.
RESPECT!
Oct 26, 2012 6:56 PM

Aug 2008
I hope he gets better.
Oct 26, 2012 8:41 PM

Aug 2009
dtshyk said:
Author Yamaguchi Noboru posted on his Twitter that he has been writing Zero no Tsukaima novel while under treatment for the terminal cancer. He disclosed the illness last July and took a surgery last August. He said he lost his hair due to the side effect of the anti-cancer drugs. The side effect of the drugs prevents him from writing for two-thirds of the month and he works slowly during the rest of the month. He said he wondered if it's better to stop writing the novel because he could not work with his full strength but he decided to deliver the novel to the readers since that's the only thing he can do and that's his everything.

Source: Yamaguchi's Twitter account

I got a family member with breast cancer, so I know what his family is going through and idea what he is going through. So the tips I can offer anyone getting chemo is the following-

1.If the doctors ask if you are eating well and you are not eating well, do not lie and say you are eating well.You are only jeopardizing your health when you lie about adequately eating well.

2.If you are having any additional health problems let the doctors know.They need to know everything regarding your health.

3.Get an external feeding pump.Hand feeding nutren or some other supplement through a peg port is too fast and will cause diarrhea and nausea.The external pump feeds you at a rate slow enough to where your body can absorb it.So the pump can be hooked up at night while you sleep so you only have to put with the inconvenience of an external pump for a little bit. Amazon is a good source for nutren and external feeding pump bags if your insurance does not cover nutren, external feeding pump bags.External feeding pump bags can be rinsed out ounce to be reused.

3.If the nutritionist/dietitian says to take sesame oil, then mix it with the nutren to be fed through the external feed pump.The sesame oil is to help maintain your blood platelet count.Blood platelets help prevent you from bleeding to death over little cuts,bumps and bruises. Some doctors will say your not supposed to put sesame oil in external feeding pump bag,but some people can't handle swallowing sesame oil, nor can they find something to mix it in that they can eat.

4.If you can get marijuana and it is legal where you are at then get it . Marinol/ Dronabinol is extremely expensive and poor substitute for marijuana as a appetite stimulant.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 2 minutes ago

0 by Snow »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

40 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.