Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (39) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2011
So I'm done re-watching this series and I finally understand everything. Especially on how gigantic hypocrite Suzaku was until later episodes and C.C's existence. When I was watching this for the first time and I was like 15 or probably younger than that, I just accepted everything without trying to understand anything.

I really wonder if Kallen knew that Suzaku is behind on Zero's mask since it seems she totally understood Lelouch's "Zero Requiem".

And now I'm also "somewhat" convinced that Lelouch is dead so now I'm also wondering what season 3 will offer.

Nov 15, 2017 5:40 AM

Sep 2017
I already know how this will end but the ending is so beautiful. 10/10

I hate the idea that they're gonna have sequel for this, I hope that is not just to MILK the series.
Nov 18, 2017 6:48 AM
Nov 2017
Hey i got an (i think) interesting question about the name of the last episode in relation to the amount of episodes from both sessions.

If you don't know about an import rule in chess: After 50 turns you can call out something that means remi (rematch). So i guess you all know that the anime got 50 episodes, suitable to the needed number of turns you need for this chess rule.

Because in the whole anime are a lot of references to chess, i don't think that's a random coincidence.

There were a lot of speculations about an 3 session (by the time it wasn't announced) and i think that this would be sth like a spoiler for a 3 session before it was announced.

So the name of the last episode "RE;" maybe stands for "REMI" (Rematch)

Do you guys and girls think the same about this or am i lonely with my opinion?
YuuKatoNov 18, 2017 6:52 AM
Nov 30, 2017 1:59 PM

Aug 2010
It took me 8 years to watch the whole show... gosh.

Hated the whole thing, but last episode was awesome and made me realized I actually loved the show. I feel betrayed.
Dec 3, 2017 1:19 PM

Jun 2014
Just finished rewatching the whole series, and My God, this ending is still as great as ever, probably my favourite in anime.
Dec 5, 2017 3:21 AM

Jun 2014
Tennouji said:
I really wonder if Kallen knew that Suzaku is behind on Zero's mask since it seems she totally understood Lelouch's "Zero Requiem".

Well, I'm pretty sure she knows. Lelouch could only give such a task (becoming Zero) to someone he knows very well and can trust. That narrows down the options to just Suzaku and CC but only Suzaku would be capable of carrying out the feats done by the new Zero (dodging bullets and whatnot).

What I'm more interested in knowing is whether any other of Lelouch's allies/friends (besides the five we are sure of: CC, Kallen, Suzaku, Nunally and Orange-kun) understood that it was all staged. Some of them have spent enough time with him or have known him for long enough that they might have understood what was going on.

And now I'm also "somewhat" convinced that Lelouch is dead so now I'm also wondering what season 3 will offer.

Well, something that was never explained (to my knowledge) is how Nunally managed to read his memories. That seems kind of similar to the powers of CC and VV and some people think that Lelouch has become immortal like they were. Not saying it's true or not but it's still possible he didnot die.
Dec 25, 2017 12:11 PM
Feb 2017
I love the show. Everything is just great... I fell in love with characthers... Emotion on the end :'( i mean :C .. 10/10 for sure but i have so many questions. Cant waith Lelouch of the Resseruction
Jan 19, 2018 3:08 PM
Dec 2017
Dremark said:
I don't think i've ever been happier that a show is over. Suzaku's "death" didn't fool me for a second either.

I was not impressed by the ending but at this point i'll freely admit that i'm so displeased with the way the show ended up I don't think anything could have satisfied me.

Also i'm sure that Lelouch isn't really dead and he'll show up in a sequel.
amazing how you predicted this long ago
Feb 6, 2018 9:20 PM

Jul 2016
So I decided to rewatch this episode yet again after seeing a Youtube reactor pop up on my subscription feed reacting to this one in particular and let me just say... No matter how many years it has passed since I've watched it (holy shit, a fucking decade), it will never not be an emotional ending. Strange that even though I know exactly what is going to happen in succession, I'm still tearing up a bit. That being said, Suzaku really was literally handed all the success of creating a new world while Lelouch actually toiled behind the scenes for this whole thing to happen. Suzaku preached about the system being overturned by him from the inside out, like yeah, "I can be an honorable knight and shit will magically occur." Lelouch may have had amethyst geass eyes but his vision definitely wasn't that rose-tinted, lol.
Feb 8, 2018 12:49 PM
Dec 2017
i just watched this for the first time and pretty much left me with a what the hell kind of feeling, very good.

m.c is obviously still alive for s3, the passing of the evil emperor and zero was just a show for the people. LuLu will go into hiding, i would imagine its to do with completely destroying geaus.

who knows.
Feb 25, 2018 3:06 PM
Dec 2014
5/10 for the ost and action and minus 5 for illogical plot twists,characters stupidity and the fanservice.
Feb 26, 2018 1:00 AM

Dec 2014
: I truly enjoyed the journey don’t know if I am fully satisfied with the ending or not… but to think this all ended like lelounch expected is somewhat plausible …. Now waiting ofr the revamp series
Mar 3, 2018 5:45 PM
Aug 2011
Just finished re-watching after like 5 years and i forgot almost everything since then so it was like a fresh experience. Gotta say there was too many twists in the story and i was beginning to realize they crossed the line too much (starting to get bored) but the ending changed my opinion instantly. Didn't expect to cry on it after watching like 40 episodes, but cried like a baby on the ending.

Insanely good mind games.
Mar 5, 2018 1:12 AM
Jan 2018
*Spoiler*

So C2 gave her code over to Lulu and he survived the stab?
Mar 24, 2018 4:21 AM
Nov 2017
Holy shit that was the best possible ending anyone could have ever written, a true antihero yet he went out dieing with a smile, all according to his own will. An anime where the villain wins yet doesn't win, and the line between good and evil is so blurred it's hard not to give this a 12/10
Apr 20, 2018 8:40 AM
Oct 2017
I'm not crying my eyes are sweating
Apr 23, 2018 10:30 PM

Aug 2016
Done rewatching the whole series.
Wild ride. Now I'm really hyped for S3!!!
May 6, 2018 1:58 PM

Mar 2018
suzakukaworu said:
Lelouch may have had amethyst geass eyes but his vision definitely wasn't that rose-tinted, lol.

would just like to give you props for an excellent sentence lol
May 7, 2018 1:40 AM

Sep 2017
I feel so empty now, This show was so great. Wow a masterpiece.
May 19, 2018 5:25 PM

Jul 2016
ts0l said:
suzakukaworu said:
Lelouch may have had amethyst geass eyes but his vision definitely wasn't that rose-tinted, lol.

would just like to give you props for an excellent sentence lol

haha, thanks bro. i appreciate your appreciation
Aug 17, 2018 1:40 PM

May 2015
Ok, the ending redeemed this otherwise crappy season.
But I'm still pretty disappointed with a lot of things.
Sep 24, 2018 8:40 AM

Mar 2017
I'm wishing quietly that Lelouch is the man whoose driving the cart which C.C is lying into. PLEASE
fck this show drained my heart so much, it hurts.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Oct 13, 2018 4:26 PM

Aug 2016
I never knew the real reason why so many people loved this anime, I never had the desire to give Code Geass a chance in my life. The only thing can say now, I regret not having seen this anime before, is simply amazing.

Oct 30, 2018 8:05 PM

Jun 2012
Last time I watched the series was back when it first aired. And what used to be a highly entertaining action show with mecha set pieces has now become a compelling character drama against a tumultuous political backdrop expressed through battles and conquest. Partly my lack thereof observation, the nuances of the character writing can nevertheless be lost easily to the theatrics of even the moment to moment progression

Kallen is one the more notable beneficiaries of this new lease on the show. The fiery temperament she directs at her enemies for her own goals is slowly all but supplanted by a reliance on a symbol. But far from the only reason she fights, her willpower is ironically always tied to someone or something else, helplessness overwhelming at the prospect of her anchors disappearing

Suzaku Kururugi. I don't hate this guy at all. He's a white knight in every sense of the word; upstanding, gallant, selfless, and pure. Too pure. The hypocrisy of his own actions is not lost on him as he continuously tries to justify what he's doing. But unable to accept the release of death, he eventually snaps and owns up to the contradiction of his life. Such is the tragedy of one who'd seek to light the abyss from within

Lelouch vi Britannia. Lelouch Lamperouge. Zero. His theatrics leave the series with a lasting impression, but his personality immortalizes his character. He possesses the megalomania of a villain but directed to selfless goals. He's ruthlessly brilliant at times, but saves his unbridled wrath for those who earn his scorn. He's never desensitized to the blood on his hands to the point he becomes compromised. Lelouch, in essence, has the personality of a villain but the moral center of a hero. All hail

Let's talk about the elephant in the room, R2. I like R2. Not as much as season 1, but the difference is small. The main thing holding back R2 is its heavy dive into the supernatural, becoming incredibly esoteric and at odds tonally and contextually with the rest of the series. It presumably happens for C2's development, but the bits and pieces gathered from flashbacks and dialog from other characters is enough to form an idea of her backstory. These parts of the show are at least graciously short, and the finale with Lelouch gaining the Dual Mangekyou Geass is a cathartic moment for his character

Some of the smaller things about R2. Jeremiah suddenly treating Lelouch as if he didn't have a grudge against him at all when he found out he was Marianne's son. Rolo deciding to let Lelouch go after the latter just held him at gun point. Lelouch and the Shinkirou swooping in from above to shield Shinke and the Shen-hu when there's no other way out the cave without any indication Lelouch flew past the entrance again. And the superfluousness of the Knight of 1 and Knight of 10, who exist to lose to Suzaku and Kallen respectively, and the Knights of the Round in general

Oh, and let's close this off with the Knightmares themselves. I love how they reflect the personality of their pilots. The nimble and defensive Lancelot, the frantic and offensive power of the Guren MkII, the towering humanoid fortress called the Gawain/Shinkirou, the no-nonsense straightforward Mordred, the transformative and flashy Tristan, the black and white accents aligning the muscular Galahad, the unhinged movements of the Siegfried. I love it when a mecha isn't just distinct, but reflective of the pilot inside (my favorite Knightmare, btw, is the simple, straightforward but distinguished Zangetsu)

Man this show is awesome. Also Pizza Hut
Nov 19, 2018 10:24 AM
Apr 2018
So Lelouch did all this to let him be the symbol of evil and to end the Monarchy, so the world is peaceful now.

I didn't expect that Lelouch would think so far, wow.

Lelouch is a Genius. :D

(I always wondered why Lelouch lie to to people he cares etc, this explains it all)

But the death was not a suprise, because I got spoiled on a YouTube Thumbnail about Lelouch's Death. But how the death was represented suprised me indeed.

Definetely a special ride, which I won't forget that easily!

Imho, Code Geass for now is a Masterpiece series. 10/10
Dec 12, 2018 10:32 PM
Aug 2016
Yamil_kun said:
Damn that was some ending. All that build up, plot and character development from both seasons, too chaotic and inconsistent sometimes, but it all payed off in the end and made for such an impactful conclusion.

There were some moments were i thought he was a total badass, but now i'm certain that Lulu is THE MAN.
To endure everything he had gone through, carrying the weight of all deaths and tradegy that he'd done, to play the mask of an inhuman tyrant, being isolated from his friends, former comrades, from Nunnaly.

When Suzaku started the killing, the expressions of all characters around is just gold: Nunnaly is shocked, Kallen understood what is going on (and who Lelouch truly is) and she screamed in despair, Cornelia shouting her squad to move, Tamaki and Ohgi approving the killing with hatred, sword drives through, the tears running from Suzaku... and him pretty much accepting the life of isolation as Zero... I lost there, i started crying and said "Lelouch" aloud even though it's pointless, i never felt so sad about a character.

And then Nunnaly realising from strange contact magic what his true intentions were, started to wail like mad, under the crowd cheering: "Zero! Zero!".

Can't help but pity him, such a poor boy, the world tried to crush him with all the hatred and unfairness, but still he remained true to his path, and kept his promise to Nunnaly by "making the world a more gentle place".

And it's satisfying to see that all other characters live happy into the future, with 2 seasons and picture dramas i did attached to them.
Well except for Suzaku. I hated his character a little throughout the series, but in the end he redeemed himself, and now i feel bad about his destiny.

C.C.... she doesn't seem to be sad, rather even happy, and speaks addressing Lelouch on the cart. Which means Lelouch is either become immortal (like geass giver), or his consciousness survived somehow. The first variant will explain why Nunally was able to read those memories and understand Lulu's plan. The C.C. being happy means Lelouch is still able to make her wish come true (be truly loved and die with a smile). So it's not that bad for our Lulu, and Nunna with Kallen could tell their closest friends who Lelouch really was, so they could remember him as a hero. Boy i love this ending, tragic in all the right places, and still happy feeling in the end.
don't forget Orange getting his very own orange farm in the end XD
Jan 2, 2019 10:07 AM
Nov 2018
Never watched this show until now. Bingewatched S1 and S2.
I think it was a good anime, however I have no idea how they will make the final Season/movie interesting at all without lelouch.
At least to me a follow up without him will be pure garbage.

Jan 10, 2019 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
Yamil_kun said:
Damn that was some ending. All that build up, plot and character development from both seasons, too chaotic and inconsistent sometimes, but it all payed off in the end and made for such an impactful conclusion.

There were some moments were i thought he was a total badass, but now i'm certain that Lulu is THE MAN.
To endure everything he had gone through, carrying the weight of all deaths and tradegy that he'd done, to play the mask of an inhuman tyrant, being isolated from his friends, former comrades, from Nunnaly.

When Suzaku started the killing, the expressions of all characters around is just gold: Nunnaly is shocked, Kallen understood what is going on (and who Lelouch truly is) and she screamed in despair, Cornelia shouting her squad to move, Tamaki and Ohgi approving the killing with hatred, sword drives through, the tears running from Suzaku... and him pretty much accepting the life of isolation as Zero... I lost there, i started crying and said "Lelouch" aloud even though it's pointless, i never felt so sad about a character.

And then Nunnaly realising from strange contact magic what his true intentions were, started to wail like mad, under the crowd cheering: "Zero! Zero!".

Can't help but pity him, such a poor boy, the world tried to crush him with all the hatred and unfairness, but still he remained true to his path, and kept his promise to Nunnaly by "making the world a more gentle place".

And it's satisfying to see that all other characters live happy into the future, with 2 seasons and picture dramas i did attached to them.
Well except for Suzaku. I hated his character a little throughout the series, but in the end he redeemed himself, and now i feel bad about his destiny.

C.C.... she doesn't seem to be sad, rather even happy, and speaks addressing Lelouch on the cart. Which means Lelouch is either become immortal (like geass giver), or his consciousness survived somehow. The first variant will explain why Nunally was able to read those memories and understand Lulu's plan. The C.C. being happy means Lelouch is still able to make her wish come true (be truly loved and die with a smile). So it's not that bad for our Lulu, and Nunna with Kallen could tell their closest friends who Lelouch really was, so they could remember him as a hero. Boy i love this ending, tragic in all the right places, and still happy feeling in the end.

Lelouch is alive and well cruising down the hills with CC on their chill-af cart-cruise
Zapraszam POLSKOJĘZYCZNYCH - www.payhip.com/KacperAlgierskiTalesPL
K A T - Legenda Zza Światów - wstęp:
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
a także zaklęte stwory i złowrogie, nieokiełznane bestie
zamieszkiwały Zza Światy, pomiędzy którymi można było odbywać podróże.
Wiedza na ten temat była jednak przekazywana wyłącznie nielicznym wybrańcom.
Wielcy bohaterzy musieli stawać do walki ze złem, w obronie dobra,
by przezwyciężyć zagrażające równowadze mroczne widmo ciemności i chaosu
i zaprowadzić niezbędny wszem wobec praworządny ład i porządek.
Oto legenda jednego z nich…
Jan 24, 2019 4:17 PM
Apr 2018
Not Milly x Rivalz. Good
Kallen in love with Lelouch. Good
Suzaku ended up as the good guy. Man, now I can't hate him at all.

Lelouch Lamperouge. The goodest bestest villain of all time. Basically, everyone's plans failed but his.

C.C. <3 I wonder if she lost all contact with Lelouch.

Loved this series as a whole. 9.5/10
Jan 26, 2019 4:41 AM

Feb 2018
Fucking masterpiece holy shit!

Damn that was a perfect ending for me
Feb 14, 2019 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
The sudden plot twists and new characters rapidly being introduced started to cloud the show, with plot lines so thick I found it hard to follow in the latter. How ever Lelouch's death at the end cleared everything up for me and the action was still worth the plot.

I still can't get over everyone's massive heads.
Feb 15, 2019 12:45 AM
Jan 2019
Lelouch is a character that made me hate him, respect him, hate him many times and finally admire him. I take my hat off, it's one of the best characters I've seen. His intellect and ingenuity were something to envy, and all the sacrifices he made, including himself, something to admire. He died with a smile, being aware of his sins, but at the same time of the future that he would bring with him.
This anime series, without a doubt, is the best that has been made. It covered topics such as the cruel nature of wars, the desire of humanity for power and at the same time for peace; and above all, to do everything necessary and even impossible to protect what you think is valuable to you. Lies ?, Truth ?, Love ?, Justice ?, Wars ?, Freedom? Lifetime? Death? ... He showed two sides of the same coin. He was ready, or at least I considered this story a masterpiece. It was a great pleasure to have seen this great work, which although fictional was not so far from reality. Simply wonderful.
Mar 13, 2019 9:32 AM
Apr 2016
Ah, everything went according to Lelouch's calculations yet again, he planned his own death...He never wanted to "rule the world" or whatever, damn... I liked the first season more, since this one had a lot of nonsensical parts.
Apr 13, 2019 6:34 AM
Dec 2018
Rewatched it again and man it never gets old.....Code Geass is amongst the greatest anime of all time
May 2, 2019 12:32 PM

Jun 2017
I was expecting something like this, because the world has now a common enemy, which is now Lelouch. Yep, that was their promise in C.C.'s world, Lelouch will have to die in the end. How I wish Lelouch didn't have to die, it's so unfair. He could've thought of other things, but that would have cancelled out the promise he made, but still, ALL HAIL LELOUCH!.
I wonder what happened to the Holy Britanian Empire now, is it still the same big empire. I know for a fact that it is controlled by Nunnally and "Zero" now, at least, judging from that scene at the end.

EDIT: 10/10 - Because Lelouch transcends human bounds of mortality, he is the one and only eternal Emperor of Britannia.

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
EmperorAlfredMay 3, 2019 10:17 AM
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 3, 2019 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
Well, it was a nice ending, one of those that properly shows how each surviving character continue their lives, I likes that type of endings a lot.

Gonna miss, Kallen, Anya and Villeta, lots of lovely girls in this show.
May 5, 2019 4:36 PM
May 2019
Watched the movie. As everyone knows, Lelouch is still alive, and it is explained why at the beginning of the movie.

Lelouch was resurrected by the code he got when he killed Charles. Pretty simple explanation that any intelligent person who paid attention during the original series already knew. In the movie, they state this explicitly and explain it outright for those who were too dense to catch this subtle fact before.

I mean, when Lelouch was dying, he even showed his memories of Zero Requiem to Nunnally. Even if you somehow didn't understand anything else that happened in the show (like how Codes are transferred, or how Lelouch stated Zero Requiem would grant C.C.'s true wish which meant she would be able to love someone she'd never have to watch die, or how C.C. said afterwards that she was no longer alone and it was thanks to the power of geass, etc etc etc)... even then, despite your thorough denseness, you should still understand that Lelouch didn't normally have the power to show someone his memories.

The only time in the entire series where someone is able to show another person their memories, it's when Lelouch sees C.C.'s memories, which is only possible because of her code. Hence, as soon as Lelouch showed Nunnally his memories and she reacted specifically to their contents, an alarm should have went off in your brain saying "wait how did that happen?!" and then you would have realized that he must have had gained a code since that's the only power ever shown in the series remotely related to sharing memories with others.

Anyways, the movie was very well-written and fully covered all the many details that were missed by the less-attentive and less-intelligent viewers who somehow came to believe Lelouch was dead forever. These people existing was probably largely due to misinformed people constantly repeating "THE MOST AUTHORITATIVE PERSON RELATED TO CODE GEASS SAID LELOUCH IS REALLY DEAD AND GONE FOR GOOD", but nothing like that was ever stated, not even a little. These misinformed people were sadly duped, and went on repeating the lie vehemently while ignoring any facts or common sense that made it clear they were wrong.

Imagine trying to tell someone the sky is blue, and they just scream back that they know it isn't blue because the creator of the sky was quoted as saying it's purple and it always will be. When you tell them to look upwards to see for themselves, and show them pictures of the blue sky, and ask them who this creator of the sky is who can somehow override basic facts and common sense, they just keep screaming that the sky is purple and that's the way it should be and they won't listen to anything that contradicts that (without ever giving a sensible reply or addressing anything you stated).

That's what it was like trying to talk to someone who had somehow convinced themselves Lelouch wouldd permanently die.

Take the fact Lelouch showed Nunnally his memories, which was just one of the many facts that demonstrated Lelouch had a code and thus would resurrect. Regardless of what you felt should have happened, or what you would have liked to happen, it's clear just from that that Lelouch would come back to life. But when you pointed this fact out to one of these brain dead code-denialist zealots, they'd just scream back some unrelated drivel like "BUT SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME THE CREATOR OF CODE GEASS SAYS LELOUCH DOESNT HAVE A CODE SO IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE FACTS IN THE SHOW PROVE HE HAS A CODE, I GOT MY OPINION FROM A QUOTE FROM AN UNCITED WIKI PAGE THAT WAS WRITTEN IN A LANGUAGE I DONT UNDERSTAND AT ALL SO NOW IM AN EXPERT".

Wow, good rebuttal. Very intelligent and well thought out. Heh.

I hope the deluded misinformed people who made up their own ending before and denied all the obvious facts are now able to feel the embarrassment and shame they should have been feeling all along. These people are detestable and this movie was exactly the slap in the face they deserved.

tl;dr: The movie confirmed what semi-intelligent viewers understood all along. If you want to base your opinion solely on what "the creators of Code Geass say", then you're in luck! They've now explicitly said in interviews and in canon that Lelouch took the code from Charles and resurrected.
May 7, 2019 1:18 PM
Aug 2018
Merky_Merks said:
Watched the movie. He is alive

Resurrected, as the title says

Merky_Merks said:

Lelouch was resurrected by the code he got when he killed Charles.

The movie denies this.
They refer to him as "a body", not the way you'd talk about a living person.

Merky_Merks said:

Pretty simple explanation that any intelligent person who paid attention during the original series already knew.

Completely wrong.
The anime made it impossible.
The show staff explicitly and officially confirmed he was truly dead and even denied points from code theory

Merky_Merks said:

In the movie, they state this explicitly and explain it outright for those who were too dense to catch this subtle fact before.

Wrong again.
they did say Charles and his code was involved, but never that he got his code.
the power he got is something else entirely and the movie shows that very clearly by showing us that this new power doesn't make you immune to geass, like a code does.

Merky_Merks said:

I mean, when Lelouch was dying, he even showed his memories of Zero Requiem to Nunnally.

That misinterpretation of that scene has been debunked by fans ages ago.
Even the show staff have explicitly said that was wrong, they explained Nunnally realized on her own and no geasses or codes were involved.

In Mook Animedia (28 January 2009, p.89-90) there was an interview which explicitly denied that Nunnally was seeing visions or that those images had anything to do with codes or geasses.
"How did Nunnally managed to realize Lelouch true intention, when she touched his hand at the end?"
"The way Nunnally can tell that someone is lying, just like she was able to tell that Lohmeyer was lying to her, is that she can feel the hand of the person she is talking to is sweating or lightly trembling. It's nothing like Geass or some special ability like that."
"Yes. So, she simply came to conclusion [Lelouch was lying] by herself, because of this ability."
"She is Marianne's daughter and Lelouch's little sister. Two months have passed since that defeat of Schneizel and for this two months she's been wondering constantly about what had happened, like "why it happened?" and so on. So when she touched Lelouch's hand at the end she felt that he is calm, she put the two and two together and realized the truth. Of course, we know that in anime, it's hard to explain things like that, but yeah, please accept it like this kind of "romantic" idea we had."

Merky_Merks said:

how Lelouch stated Zero Requiem would grant C.C.'s true wish which meant she would be able to love someone she'd never have to watch die

Incorrect quote.
You don't even know what the Zero requiem was for C.C.
She herself says she draws comfort from the Zero requiem to deal with the sadness from Lelouch's death, whom she mourns
C.C. herself says explicitly he's dead and that she mourns his death!!

Merky_Merks said:

"THE MOST AUTHORITATIVE PERSON RELATED TO CODE GEASS SAID LELOUCH IS REALLY DEAD AND GONE FOR GOOD", but nothing like that was ever stated, not even a little.

You are a very big liar!!
All of those things have been officially stated by the show staff many many many many many times.

Some example of the many:

"Before I started writing the story of a person called Lelouch, I confirmed with Taniguchi-director something. That thing was that the end of Lelouch will be death."

"At least he is aware of his sins and pays for them with his death."

"This man called Lelouch will pay for his sins by his death. The story follows him till he finally make this decision."

"Probably this Lelouch we see in the first episode of the series wouldn't choose death. He would try something to avoid it. He couldn't die, for Nunnally as well. But we see him changed in the last episode."

"For those two who bear the heavy sin known as killing their fathers, they share the belief that they can forgive each other by imposing the greatest punishments on themselves. Death for Lelouch who wishes for a tomorrow with his sister, life for Suzaku who wishes to atone for his sins through death."

As anyone can see, Lelouch IS confirmed to be dead and Lelouch did chose death because he saw that as the only fitting punishment for his sins.

Merky_Merks said:

These misinformed people were sadly duped, and went on repeating the lie vehemently while ignoring any facts or common sense that made it clear they were wrong.

You're the one trying to dupe people with your lies.
the examples where Lelouch is officially confirmed dead are legio.
I'll add sources to everything at the bottom of this post so all can see.

Here is the Code Geass Community Information Database which has ALL the info. All the official statements and all the ways the anime itself contradicts the fantasy that Lelouch had a code. It has sources, links, and even pictures.
Jun 8, 2019 6:55 PM

Nov 2014
This ending makes sense. It's a happy ending, at the expense of Lelouch. A tragedy for him and us, but a happy ending for the people.

But i don't care about any of that. I just want Lelouch to reveal his true self to the people i just want everyone to realize his true intentions, that everything he did is for the greater good. Nobody knew how much sacrifices he had made for their sake. They only saw the mask he put up, the act to protect them. Lelouch is the real good guy of this series, he's the only emperor who cared for the well-being and peace of his people, why can't anyone see that? Why can't they realize that he painted himself as the villain on purpose so they can live happily ever after??

This is a masterpiece. A sad happy ending. I guess only fanfictions can save Lelouch now...
Jun 21, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god, I have never felt so conflicted and torn apart by an anime ending ever! Like there are times where you want to club the MC or you just hate the ending, but the Code Geass ending was so heartwrenching, and satisfying, and horrible, and emotional :(( I am truly in a state of awe.
Honestly, all of the main characters, even subplot characters were vital, alive, and beautifully created and masterfully characterized. I love it.

All in all, a true masterpiece. An anime WAY ahead of its time. Touching on racism, nationalism, war, love, the human condition, life, relationships, and deception?? like what more can you ask for?? Truly a work of literature, honestly, if it was an ""ENGLISH"" trilogy, people would eat it up. However, I love that it is a cult fave. Probably won't rewatch because it makes me feel emotionally drained, but catch me watching all of my favorite scenes on Youtube crying at 3AM.

Lelouch Vi Britania will live on in my heart! <3

Ciao!

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Jun 26, 2019 6:20 AM

Feb 2017
I just want to put my appreciation blog here.
https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=825825
Imagine watching this series on its airing and experience a great but sad finale for our MC and craving for the continuation.
lucky, we got a new movie released and i cannot waiting for its distribution.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 11, 2019 6:57 AM

Oct 2014
I know this was "predictable" and all that but I try not to look too much into things lest I should enjoy them less. AND THUS, IT WAS A GREAT ENDING AHHHH Q___Q it took me a little by surprise and I was so freaking ready to cry until Orange appeared and I lost it LOL sjdfksjdfksdjkfj

Truly beautiful, the last few episodes have been so weird and conflicting, all leading to this... I couldn't say if this was truly a masterpiece or not, all I know is that I consider it so ;A; glad I could enjoy an anime again after so long!
fluffsnakeJul 11, 2019 7:01 AM
Aug 7, 2019 3:25 PM
Nov 2015
This ending holy tiddies I don’t wanna spoil anything even though everyone reading this is reading cause they saw it but man I need to find someone that also finished so I can just spill my mind out about this ending what a masterpiece Jesus I need a drink😭
Aug 16, 2019 10:53 PM

Sep 2017
Well, seeing as there have already been 35 pages of discussion for this episode and literally thousands of responses, I highly doubt that there is anything new I can bring to the table. The finale was immensely satisfying, instantly making Lelouch a much more respectable character. I didn't think the writers would be able to conclude the story and wrap up all of those loose ends as well as they did, but they pulled it off marvelously. I have no complaints for this finale. It was one of the best series finales I have ever seen and I applaud the production staff. 11/10 episode, 9/10 show.

Sep 10, 2019 5:02 AM

Apr 2015
So I just finished the final episode of Code geass and all I can say is that I'm mindblown! The ending was so amazing and caught me by surprise tbh and it was such a satisfying ending.Truly made me love Lelouch's character. Now I understand why people love Lelouch so much. One of the best MCs out of all the anime I've watched. Easy 9/10
All Hail Lelouch!
Oct 3, 2019 9:58 PM
Aug 2019
WOAH finally finished this series I didn't expect to cry but this is so sad, lelouch directed all the hatred to himself then getting killed so people would reunite :(
This series is good as people say I can understand now why people love lelouch so much.
TellatezOct 3, 2019 10:02 PM

Oct 4, 2019 7:29 AM
Jun 2019
I was unable to sleep after watching last episode
Nov 9, 2019 8:51 AM
Oct 2019
Most over rated ending in anime history, and it's what made me hate this anime so much.
The concept that Lelouch's plan would ever work is ludicrous. They really had to pull off some B.S. moments just to make it work, and pretty much make everyone an idiot so Lelouch could win.

The so called "peace" Lelouch made is a lie with Suzaku being a false hero.
It doesn't at all touch upon true political issues, corporate corruption, racism, and many other issues that need to be addressed to create world peace. (I'm actually happy the new movie points some of this out).

Lelouch himself had just told his father forcing kindness on people is an act of villainy. Yet what did Lelouch do? Just that. He was nothing by a hypocrite who placed himself above everyone else. He had the means to make the world a better place in a gentler manner once becoming emperor. Instead he created a war that costs millions of lives and ruined many more. Does that really honoring Euphi's, Nunnally's or anyone of the good people's desires? Personally I consider him mentally unstable and his so called grand scheme to bring about peace was nothing but a suicidal note.
Nov 9, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2014
Crazymallets said:
Most over rated ending in anime history, and it's what made me hate this anime so much.
The concept that Lelouch's plan would ever work is ludicrous. They really had to pull off some B.S. moments just to make it work, and pretty much make everyone an idiot so Lelouch could win.

It doesn't at all touch upon true political issues, corporate corruption, racism, and many other issues that need to be addressed to create world peace. (I'm actually happy the new movie points some of this out).

Lelouch himself had just told his father forcing kindness on people is an act of villainy. Yet what did Lelouch do? Just that. He was nothing by a hypocrite who placed himself above everyone else. He had the means to make the world a better place in a gentler manner once becoming emperor. Instead he created a war that costs millions of lives and ruined many more. Does that really honoring Euphi's, Nunnally's or anyone of the good people's desires? Personally I consider him mentally unstable and his so called grand scheme to bring about peace was nothing but a suicidal note.
The peace he wants is not ridding the world of all those elements. Because those will always exist as along as humanity exist. There's no way to change that. The peace he wants is no more war. and he did just that by creating a common enemy for everyone because the only way for those at opposite sides to work together is if they have a common enemy. and by eliminating that enemy, Lelouch achieved world peace by ending the detestation between groups.
Nov 9, 2019 11:28 AM
Oct 2019
ttcchen said:
Crazymallets said:

The peace he wants is not ridding the world of all those elements. Because those will always exist as along as humanity exist. There's no way to change that. The peace he wants is no more war. and he did just that by creating a common enemy for everyone because the only way for those at opposite sides to work together is if they have a common enemy. and by eliminating that enemy, Lelouch achieved world peace by ending the detestation between groups.

Except those components mentioned are what causes war in the first place and it doesn't erase the fact that he's a hypocrite.
Your two biggest issues of war are differences in religion and racism, and as long as these exist, war and hate will always continue. Not to mention you have powerful military companies and mercenary companies that profit on war, who would find ways to directly oppose peace (which once again the new movie does a good job of pointing out).

You are right, these elements will always exist, but a strong enough leader could at least work on minimizing these elements. If anything Lelouch's actions could easily backfire and intensify these elements. Having a common enemy only puts a band-aid on the issue, and unless the true issues are addressed, people will just find another person to place their hate on. Considering the writers pretty much decided to make everyone in the world idiots for the last 6 episodes, I doubt any of them have the capabilities to actually maintaining peace.

I would have had more respect for the ending if after becoming emperor Lelouch tried to do things a more peaceful ways in honor of Nunnally and Euphie's memory, but still rejects any notion of friendship and love towards him as he decides to live solely to repair a world he helped break and that he doesn't deserve such pleasures.

In the anime he was already developing anti F.L.E.I.J.A and if schneizel did try something, Britannia had the military strength to oppose it. Not to mention Lelouch could have easily emptied out his prisons and sent former criminals to help fight if needed.

He should have only been willing to take such an extreme plan after he accepted the U.F.N. offers of limiting his votes to 30% but then suddenly learns that Nunnally is alive. Knowing that schneizel would use her either against him or as some sort of scape goat would have then made more sense as to why Lelouch would be willing to take such drastic measures. A.K.A he tries to do things the right way, but now cost is something he himself is not willing to pay now, so he reverts back to how he normally does things.
Pages (39) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

430 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.