Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (39) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2008 10:41 AM

Jun 2007
LELOUCH IS STILL ALIVE

/StartLoop
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!!
/Paradox Look Cannot End.

That was awesome, i hope they make season 3. WOO! Or something similar.
Damn when leloush died that was sad, What about C.C's wish!?!?!?!?!?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eat, Breathe, Sleep, Dream, Live Anime.

Trance, it's not just a Genre it's a state of mind.
Sep 28, 2008 10:42 AM

Jul 2007
Lelouch is the best character since anime came into existence. It's too bad I hated 99.99% of everyone else in the show.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Sep 28, 2008 10:44 AM

Apr 2008

It depends on how a person saw the show from beginning.

explain this one plz? Didnt know Code Geass was supposed to be deep.

Akasha made a perfect sense for me, being the weapon made to destroy the public unconsciousness and other things.

Too bad the story didnt really expand on this and made it more than some crappy plot setup to get Lelouch to the throne.

Revelation of Marianne's death turned out to be nothing more than a simple murder(no rage against V.V. Charles?). Why would she let herself get killed when she knew something up? It was just disappointing that supposedly important big characters like King Charles and Queen Marianne turned out to be a crazy couple that wanted to destroy world because it was too"ugly" for them. So they become cannon fodder for Lelouch's double geass hax and there he goes off taking the throne. Makes me wonder whats all the buildup from season 1 was for...

Another thing that bothered me was how quickly Jeremiah quickly turned to Lelouch's side and became his most loyal servant. Made it really out of character even if he is maybe somewhat insane. Then it really annoyed me when this change of sides quickly lead to the final battle against V.V. and Charles. I think writers are being lazy.

Was also surprised of how all the black knights& followers turned on lelouch without second thought especially ohgi. Like Jerimiah , he also took a 180 turn in personality and suddenly becomes one of the biggest jerks in CG. Cant believe I felt sorry for him in season 1.

Theres more I'd like to add but I have to go out for awhile.

Anyways I thought the ending was decent, probably the best way for the him to go. Not insanely chaotic but short and simple. A way atone for his sins and ask for forgivenss.

Overall I felt R2 took everything good from season1 and jumbled it up. The writers obviously didnt plan it out as well or was making it up along the way. The plot was inconsistent/confusing at times, characters felt shallow and out of place, and the number of cheap plot twists. Seemed like a bad fanfic to me.

"Taniguchi Goro said:
Even if we have 100,000 enemies, one million supporters will bring us an overwhelming victory."

This just tells me he doesnt care about quality as long it brings him cash. GG

Anyways

I give it a 10/10

Best anime I ever seen despite its flaws but what story doesnt have flaws?

clovis should've came back though....

:3

Sep 28, 2008 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
Code Geass R2 has redeemed itself with episode 25. IMHO. I nearly cried I was laughing so hard near the end. (OK, maybe I'm being just a little too dramatic.)

Thank you ImperialX. I knew he was still alive, but you managed to explain it in a completely logical way (I had forgotten about Charles' Code).
Thanks for the links, kuroshiroi. I lol'd at this comment on the first one:
If Charles DID intentionaly transfer his code to Lelouch then I’m guessing it was either an act of “live forever and suffer” or “sorry for being a bad dad, here, have immortality”. lol
skyenix said:
Best scene in the final episode: Orange is an ORANGE FARMER GOD DAMN
No, it was Orange's mini-KMF. No, that was the best part of R2. It was so out-of-the-blue I was utterly speechless.
Thespacepope said:
mystik said:
you know you wantl Code Geass R3, where Lelouch fails at farm chores and tries to use his geass on cows and chickens while C.C laughs at him. more hijinx ensues when Jeremiah shows up for a random visit with oranges and de geasses the farm animals.
Best sequel ever.
Agreed. And I wouldn't be surprised either, if an OVA like this appeared. Shakugan no Shana did it, I hear [/hates SnS].
Bakayaro said:
Oh, something worth noting(I think?), that crane beside C.C.? Yeah, Nunally taught Lelouch how to make those.

Dun dun dunnnnn....
As I remember, she also taught CC.
Blazingluke said:
ALI PROJECT RUINED MY GEASS ENDING!!!!!!!!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! SOFT SENTIMENTAL FEELINGS INSTANTLY REPLACED WITH ANGER AND HATRED!!!!!!!! RAGE!!!!!! AGGGGRRRRRRRRHHHHAAA!!!!!!!!
Although I don't hate Ali Project (worked well with Rozen Maiden), I agree it just ruined the mood for this ep.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Sep 28, 2008 10:49 AM

Jul 2007
ummyeah said:
I feel lame for crying, but I cried.

Damnnnn, you guys don't seem to like this show, but I sure did. Happy that Suzaku's not dead. Nunally crying over Lelouch was just painful, man. :( Depressing seeing all the characters all locked and tied up, getting ready to be excuted. Thought for sure Schneizel was gonna get killed, but he's just chillin' now, I guess. And Lelouch's dying in Suzaku's armmsss, and rubbing his blood on his Zero helmet--that sort of made me forgive Lelouch's doucheyness.

lol@Jeremiah and Anya's ORANGE FARM DESU

GREATSHOWWW. Now I have nothing to look forward in the week. Dammit!

hopeyourtheoriesaretrue. [:

Lelouch's "doucheyness?" Ya...he only sacrificed himself to fix that screwed up world and make it the best possible place.

I hate people like you...
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Sep 28, 2008 10:51 AM

Jul 2008
I have been a critic of this show for the last 4 or 5 episodes. This has been due mainly to the unbelievability of the plot twists. However, I am reasonably pleased with the ending. It seemed fitting. Although, it did involve a plot twist, it seemed to worked logically and didn't seemed as contrived because the twist seemed plausible to me. What I loved about the ending is how the series managed to separate Lelouch from other villains. Although, it can be argued that he is beyond repentance, he manages to do what he believes is best in the end for the country by sacrificing himself as a martyr. A martyr's death seems like the most fitting way to kill off Lelouch's character. For once the plot twists have actually played in line with character's personality, logic, and believability.

However, that being said, the damage has already been done to a certain extent. Although, the ending was the best possible given past events, there is no doubt that this season had more than its fair share of disjointness and plot twists. The plot twists seemed to be implemented for shock value alone that intended only to illicit a knee jerk response from the viewer. Twists are good as long they do not harm the coherency and fluidity of the plot. It also important to keep everything in moderation even plot twists; the sheer frequency of them damaged how much I personally enjoyed the show. That being said, Code Geass r2 is a very good series with an ability like no other to persuade viewers to keep watching even when it displeases the viewer.

Although, the show has many unique strengths, unfortunately, the plot had to flounder due to the frequency of plot twists and uneven pacing. At the same time, Code Geass has an unprecedented ability to polarize its viewers, viewers tend to either really like a certain plot twist or greatly hate it. Personally, I have felt that way too with this series. There has have been both times I have throughly enjoyed and hated the series. Overall, Code Geass will be remembered as a technical masterpiece with an addictive story that manages to simultaneously cause different groups of viewers to either hate or love the series based on how they react to the series numerous plot twists.

7.5/ 10
olliffSep 28, 2008 11:11 AM
Sep 28, 2008 10:53 AM

Dec 2007
I hate life now.

Thanks A LOT Sunrise...
Sep 28, 2008 10:53 AM

Jun 2007
Here's some food for thought:

If Lelouch is not dead, then wouldn't that make his "retribution" bullshit?
Sep 28, 2008 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
mulderman said:
Here's some food for thought:

If Lelouch is not dead, then wouldn't that make his "retribution" bullshit?

I agree. I personally believe he is dead. However, don't put it past Sunrise to create r3 and say no wait Lelocuh really isn't dead. It wouldn't be the first time they did something like that.

I also feel that it was fitting that he died in a very distorted, but still messianic way; I always knew Lelouch had the Messiah complex.
Sep 28, 2008 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
I was satisfied by the ending. But the series did become more mainstream to allow for a bigger fanbase. R2 with closure isn't as good as R1 with a big ass cliffhanger.

I do have to applaud Lelouch though in (1) creating a world that can move forward and make decisions in one table, and (2) becoming the evil that everyone could focus on. I'm glad that Nunally and Kallen were able to realize that.
Sep 28, 2008 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
4 out of 5
I liked how peaceful it became, but I wish it was a lil longer...
Kallen lived, though, so it's ok!:D
Sep 28, 2008 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
I'm satisfied with this ending too.

I think it's a good and fitting ending for this show.

I love the Szene with Jeremiha (Orange) on the Orange plant XD

At least Lelouch did the inly right thing.

I'm glad that the Black Knight's survived and that Kallen and Nunally realized wich intention Lelouch and Suzakus real had.

Oct 2007
I lol'd very hard at the ending. Everything's happy and good, all of a sudden. That was just stupid.
Sep 2008
It's over. I counted the minutes to the end of the episode. It's over.
Rest in peace in your grave, Code Geass, leave us alone from now on and make place for much better animes out there.
Well, to the topic: the episode topped the series itsself in stupidity. But a fitting finale for it, I admit that. The second season was just silly, many plot twists were just noncredible (for example: that Anya has Marianne's soul in her) and somehow it seems to me that every character got a special mecha just that the studio can make merchandise out of them. In the first season, only Suzaku and Kallen had special Knightmares, if I recall correctly (not too sure)? Anyway, the second season was just loaded with them.
It was entertaining at the beginning (I liked the bunny costume...), but it got somehow more boring and stupid with every new episode I watched. Definitly one of the most overhyped series of the last years.
I gave CG R2 5 points, normally it would be at about 4, but I added one point because Lancelot is cool and had many appearances~
Sep 28, 2008 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Regarding to whatever people say, I did like the ending. So far is one of the only endings I did like, usually animes have some really bad endings no matter how the series was. I can say I enjoy it to the end, and although it could have been better; it's still a good ending.
Sep 28, 2008 11:10 AM
Nov 2007
Decent end to a Below average series.

R2 was great until episode 15-17. Now its just decent. Glad I watched it. Moving on.
Sep 28, 2008 11:12 AM

Jul 2008

Oldy orders you to like the series and give high rankings!

Sep 28, 2008 11:16 AM

Jan 2008
Well the ending was predictable and relatively tame considering how erratic most of the season was. Honestly I am glad that Lelouch lived in the end and is now immortal with CC because at least I got the pairing I had wanted from the beginning to go through. However, even if I was somewhat pleased with the ending it still didn't save the rest of the season from its major problems and so the rating of 4 is going to stick.

Now that this is over with lets see how Sunrise can manage to screw up Gundam 00's second season.

Sep 28, 2008 11:29 AM

May 2007
Epic ending to a not-so-epic second season. Oh, well, at least in the end, he was smiling. Zerozaku, I don't really hate you anymore. I agree with the arguement "Lulu isn't dead!" because it makes perfect sense - although he can be very well dead. Ali Project, I now officially hate you. Had to mute the player and open iTunes for "Lost Heaven" by L'arc~en~Ciel (which fits perfectly.)

And: "Lelouch got divided by Zero." - pure awesomeness

OVER 9000/5 (yea, i'm overrating it, I know)

Series rating: 7.5->8/10
DaBigDSep 28, 2008 11:42 AM
Sep 28, 2008 11:30 AM

May 2008
I found it to be a fitting, end seemingly made up for a lot of the earlier plot downfalls in the series.

However, the Suzaku/Kallen fight at the end reminded me way too much of the final Ryuho/Kazuma fight from Scryed (well I guess thats not a bad thing, its one of my favorite fights of all time, but it is a little ridiculous, especially when thrown on top of the 10000 sound effects that are ripped right out of Scryed as well..)

Anyways, the only thing I have to ask is:

Bondage Nunally!?!?
Didn't see that coming.
Sep 28, 2008 11:31 AM

Aug 2007
And so he finished it with one last final move. Ofcourse he ended up dying, it would have been ridiculous if he didn't got killed. At least is was by hand of Suzaku. Also WTH at Nunnaly at bondage. Fanservice, CLAMP or just both?

Anyhow, liked this season, but I'm still curious how the original R2 would have been. Too many absurd plot twists in this. This is the last season and if they even come up with a third season, I don't give a damn about it. Lelouch is dead now, don't ruin CG any further. It's fine as it is now.

@Orangescene: It just had to be in it. For the fans. One of the funniest running gags. xD
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 28, 2008 11:34 AM

Oct 2007
I saw soemoen refering something about anime otaku, but whatever, i'm pasting the post here anyway.

Lelouch Dead or Alive?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends. :)

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.

P.P.P.S More evidence, courtesy of an intelligent anon from 4chan:

Orange knew of Lelouche’s and Suzaku’s plan and helped them out by ordering his men not to fire on Zero, he even smiled when Zerozaku jumped on his shoulder.

Now would Orange, a man who devoted himself entirely to Lelouche and threw away everything without a second thought be OK with a plan where the sole person he wants to protect in life is actually killed? The answer to that is NO, not even if Lelouche ordered him to accept the plan: he would not go along with it and would protect him with his life. There is only one way that Orange would be OK with a plan like that and thats if he knew about Lelouche’s immortality, which I assume he did as he worked with V.V. in the Geass research base. Orange was OK with this plan as he knew Lelouche would come to no harm and would be able to start a new peaceful life with the woman he loves in a world which he himself had made peaceful.

Even at the end, we see Orange on his orange plantation, completely content with the way things have panned out, he definitely could not be that happy had Lelouche actually died.

There it is, firm evidence of Lelouche’s immortality if the scene with C.C. and the cart driver wasn’t painfully obvious enough.
Sep 28, 2008 11:34 AM

Oct 2007
It's odd so many comments are about hating this show, when the number of people scoring it a 9 or a 10 out of 10 at least double (6757 votes together) the number of people who scored this as an 8 or below (2916 votes together). Guess it's easier for certain people to come home and vent off some steam at an episode they just watched after a shitty day then people whos day was the same but thought it was good.

I believe Lelouch was alive at the end, because I want to anyway. Facts or no facts I like it better that way, but some support does help. Epic ending, and I wanna give it an 11/10 :D Sure it was fast paced, and didn't explain everything...but I'm sick of the slow, has to go flashback every episode and explain stuff to you step by step anime. This "train wreck" that people call it I guess was the reason I loved it, a lot of turns and twists which weren't so expect-able I guess since it was so crazy. Having the "WTF!?" parts made it more exciting for me, since then I tried to rethink everything in the series and read other peoples opinions of hypotheses about it. I'm just wondering how Kallen realized he was trying to do good...it's not like she was in on the plan and she was hell bent on destroying him for awhile. But hey it was awesome :)
Sep 28, 2008 11:36 AM

Jun 2007
Ending was very epic. Best ending this show could of had :>

Well, i enjoyed the ride. I'll miss you, Code Geass.
I just cant believe its over.

Sep 28, 2008 11:37 AM

Mar 2007
That was one ideal ending. I was expecting a really bad end of this show due to all of the plot twists in the recent episodes, but now all of the plot twists made perfect sense and it gave us a perfect end of Code Geass.
I wasn't going to rate this higher than 8, but after this episode I'm actually giving it the same score as the first season, 9/10.
Sep 28, 2008 11:41 AM

Oct 2007
ImperialX said:
Alright, it seems that the last episodewas pretty complex and out of most of the people I've talked to, a lot of people don't seems to get it. I'm going to tie up all the lose ends with this post.

The Code is the power of immortality, which C.C. has. The 98th Emperor of Britannia, Charles, has the Code. He transferred the Code to Lelouch while strangling him in episode 21. Lelouch wanted this, and he deliberately told Suzaku to not interfere.

However, the Code does not activate unless receiver dies first. This is shown when the nun kills C.C. after transferring the Code to her. Charle’s Code activated when he shot himself. Here is one of the big misconceptions that most people have: The transfer of the Code does not involve death of the transferrer. The nun was crazy and killed herself after she transferred her code. VV was injured from the battle and died. So basically, after episode 21, Lelouch had Charle’s Code (inactivated) and C.C’s contracted Geass.

When Lelouch got stabbed by Zero/Suzaku at the end, his Code was activated. What supports this is that Nunnally got Lelouch's memories when she touched her, just like Lelouch did when he touched C.C. back in Narita. The only way this could have happened is his Code activating. This pretty much confirms that he has the Code.

Unlike C.C., and Charles, who lost their Geasses because the people who contracted them died, Lelouch didn’t obtain C.C.’s Code and thus kept his Geass, while having the Code (which he obtained from Charles at the same time). Lelouch therefore has achieved CODE GEASS.

Basically, Lelouch is the person driving the cart in the last scene. He, who is now immortal, travels the brand new world he has created together with the also immortal C.C. C.C. talks to Lelouch in the end by saying: "Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you... well, I guess thats a little wrong... eh, Lelouch?"

Nice explanation. I'm going to have to go back to ep 21 to check it out.

All in all, I was actually pretty surprised by how well they wrapped it up. Clearly it was rushed, as the first part of the episode was just a series of quick cuts and sound bites. I don't know why they didn't just go with a more standard 26 ep season, instead of the 25 eps. But seeing Suzaku and LL's plan, it did make the last few episodes make much more sense. In retrospect, that seemed like the only way Suzaku would've gone along with LL's plans to clear Euphie's name and bring order to the world.

I'm pretty satisfied with the ending, and will assume LL survived. Although visual confirmation would've nice.

Anyway, despite all the randomness in season 2, I'll miss this show quite a bit. Even when it was "bad," it was still addictive and I loved the show.
Sep 28, 2008 11:44 AM

Sep 2007
Sobzob said:
That was one ideal ending. I was expecting a really bad end of this show due to all of the plot twists in the recent episodes, but now all of the plot twists made perfect sense and it gave us a perfect end of Code Geass.
I wasn't going to rate this higher than 8, but after this episode I'm actually giving it the same score as the first season, 9/10.

Pretty much my thoughts. I thought most of the episodes in this season were rushed and there were tons of plot twists being thrown at us so I'd given it an 8. But now that it's all been explained, it makes sense to have gone through all that so 9/10 for me too.
Sep 28, 2008 11:45 AM
Mar 2008
epic ending is epic.
May 2008
I fucking cried.

Jun 2008
Best ending I coulda asked for.With al the crazy plot twists I thought the ending was gonna be horrible, but it was pretty good.

Orange-kun in the orange fields, ohgi and viletta married, kallens back to school, tamaki's bar, damocles into the sun

i still dont understand how giliford survived >>

im sad its over =[

Sep 28, 2008 11:46 AM

Oct 2007
@xMafiax post

It could have been the driver, or she could have just been looking up at the sky like you would toward Heaven and say something like that after a person has passed away. Could be now he is with Shirely or whoever, or she could have been talking about other people in the world like Oranage and Anya seem to have become friends etc.

And all that about Orange isn't quite right really. He "devoted himself entirely to Lelouche" so anything that Lelouche wanted would be done. It's said to truly love someone is to be able to put his or her feelings before your own, Orange I think would have done it without hesitation from his overwhelming loyalty to the family, which we have seen when he switched side in a second.

And what's with the, "sole person he wants to protect in life." Didn't he want to protect Lelouch's mother/family, this would have to include Nunnaly as well who is still alive, and is why Lelouch had started all of this. Although at the end it wasn't just for her it was for the world and in order to atone for his sins.

Someone also mentioned about the paper crane next to C.C. which can be taken as Lelouche being the one who made it as he was taught by Nunnaly.

Just trying to point out both sides in this, but I would rather he survived and be together with C.C.

oooh and ImperialX post = win.
Sep 28, 2008 11:46 AM

Sep 2007
Oh well, meh ending to an meh series, I'll give it an 8/10.

Sep 28, 2008 11:50 AM

May 2008
Best Possible Ending. Lulu being dead or alive didn't matter to me. I though he was dead at first and was okay with it. And it's also fine if he's alive after reading all those theories. Great ending either way.

Overall, R2 was less epic as season 1 but still an enjoyable series to watch. Not a dull moments with all the explosions and plot twists. Being a trainwreck is fine too.

Only thing I have to complain about is they did not tell us C.C. 's real name. Why go through all the trouble of hiding it on purpose ?

Sep 28, 2008 11:53 AM

Mar 2008
A Code geass season 3? I somehow hope for it, but dont think so..

It was a epic ending, really. Its a 10/10 from me, but only because i really liked the show..

And the whole "lelouch immortal" talk is just awesome.. think about it.. R.R = Lelouch.. So awesome.. Really wordless..
Sep 28, 2008 11:55 AM

May 2008
I really enjoyed the ending and I thought it made up for a lot of the parts I didn't enjoy too much earlier in the series. Although, I did still enjoy season one more than this... but the ending really did a good job explaining some things.

From watching the last scene with C.C. I assume that Lelouch is still alive, but I guess there's no way to confirm this unless there's a movie or OVA or something explaining it.

I was going to give it a 9/10, but the ending made me bump it up to 10/10.
Sep 28, 2008 11:59 AM
Nov 2007
I decided I hate Taniguchi and Sunrise for this ending.

Of course, that's not to say the ending itself was bad, even if it further confirmed my theory that Code Geass is a ripoff of V for Vendetta. No, I'm just severely pissed because this ending will inevitably result in heated flame wars over the main character's fate in a manner not seen since Cowboy Bebop's ending.

Aug 2008
did lelouch really die?
i always had a feeling that the dude who was driving that car in the end was him lol
>.>
lol

May 2008
sh4wnyo said:
I fucking cried.
Me 2 :'(
Sep 28, 2008 12:02 PM

May 2008
Great ending i'm satisfied, but i was kind of hoping C.C. would make Lelouch invincible while i was watching the ending, but that would just ruin everything
Sep 28, 2008 12:03 PM

Aug 2008
I liked the ending, was it the best show ever? No. Was it pretty damn good? Yes. Now im just waiting for an OVA of some sort to show that Lelouch is still alive i mean for one, barely anyone dies in this series and I dont think they would really kill Lelouch. I did like the fact that Zero "killed" him though.
Sep 28, 2008 12:08 PM

Mar 2008
The ending is so similar to Death Note.
Sep 28, 2008 12:11 PM

Aug 2007
Looks like Lelouch was still the genius instead of a dictator afterall.

Waiting for R3 (lulz)
Sep 28, 2008 12:15 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm.. so his intentions were good after all. He only needed to play mr. dictator in order to gather the world's hatred and die afterwards.
Sep 28, 2008 12:16 PM
Apr 2008
I goddamn hope that Lelouch isn't immortal now, and that there's going to be a third season...

Anyways, the episode was good, as compared to the previous ten that were just... fuel for the fire. I'm sorta starting to like Jeremiah now, and seeing that he's picking oranges with Anya is a plus.
Sep 28, 2008 12:16 PM

Apr 2007
To think I'd cry while watching Code Geass... This was unexpected.

It wasn't a surprise. After everything he had done, he couldn't live happily ever after. It just couldn't happen. But then, the execution... Everything was so beautiful.

Beautiful.

It's the only word I can use for this.

Surely, it was a trainwreck. Surely even on episode 24, I couldn't take CG seriously. But then, this ending... It was very nicely executed.

I raised this to a 9/10.

Well done.

I hope they don't ruin everything with OVA's or a Movie or anything stupid like that.
Sep 28, 2008 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
YungInfamouz said:
xMafiax said:
I saw soemoen refering something about anime otaku, but whatever, i'm pasting the post here anyway.

Lelouch Dead or Alive?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends. :)

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.

P.P.P.S More evidence, courtesy of an intelligent anon from 4chan:

Orange knew of Lelouche’s and Suzaku’s plan and helped them out by ordering his men not to fire on Zero, he even smiled when Zerozaku jumped on his shoulder.

Now would Orange, a man who devoted himself entirely to Lelouche and threw away everything without a second thought be OK with a plan where the sole person he wants to protect in life is actually killed? The answer to that is NO, not even if Lelouche ordered him to accept the plan: he would not go along with it and would protect him with his life. There is only one way that Orange would be OK with a plan like that and thats if he knew about Lelouche’s immortality, which I assume he did as he worked with V.V. in the Geass research base. Orange was OK with this plan as he knew Lelouche would come to no harm and would be able to start a new peaceful life with the woman he loves in a world which he himself had made peaceful.

Even at the end, we see Orange on his orange plantation, completely content with the way things have panned out, he definitely could not be that happy had Lelouche actually died.

There it is, firm evidence of Lelouche’s immortality if the scene with C.C. and the cart driver wasn’t painfully obvious enough.

C.C looks up at the sky and says that u retard.

What you say is wrong Lelouch is dead and even if he isn't there isn't gonna be a 3rd season so who the fuck cares. Stop philophising about stupid bullshit that doesn;t matter u homo
Honestly whats the point of your post? I think what he says makes alot of sense.

All your doing is bashing his OPINION
Sep 28, 2008 12:21 PM
Apr 2008
it was so sad...>.<
Sep 28, 2008 12:21 PM

Apr 2008
That was good ending <3 I was expecting something like that, but still cried a bit. The Lulu x Zero and Orange x Anya scenes were so sweet, as well as the 'epilogue'.
But I don't like how they left Lulu's death open for interpretation, with C.C. talking to him and all. It's like a little door left open for an OVA sequel, if the audience wants it. And sure Lulu was a great guy and it'd be nice if he lived, but that'd mean his sacrifice wasn't sacrifice at all and the great death scene would be wasted. Hope not ^__^
Sep 28, 2008 12:22 PM
Jul 2008
Spectacular ending. Shame its end and there is no hope for next season :(
Sep 28, 2008 12:22 PM

Mar 2008
dtshyk said:
I think the best ending possible. I expected Lulu's death but the direction of the scene was great.

So true, that's indeed the best and good ending. I was pretty sure Lelouch would die, but i thought Suzaku too. Anyway, when they said Suzaku was defeated by Kallen, and the execution scene, everything was clear in my mind.

And please, don't discuss about CC's last words. What's gone is gone. No need for a comeback.

Pages (39) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

430 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.