Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 15, 2012 2:50 AM

Mar 2012
Most shows, when a girl spot a boy taking a bath or similar situation, she says:
"omg, you damm Ero - Pervet. Kuoru you are Bakaa baka bakaaaaaa. " And then she runs away.
and he says: "oh boy why the hell i got in this bathroom? im hopeless, i screwed all. She wont look at me now. oh boy oh boy"

Are you sure its 11 episodes?? 11 episodes is not enough, watanabe cant do magic all the time... or will the next episode be double or 40 min?

Edit: damm it, its 11 ep. just checked wikipedia about noitaminA schedule. Strange thing is other places show 12. Im so sad now.
Edit2: For example, in animenewsnetwork show 12 will air on 2012-06-28, which leads me to think that the noitaminA schedule might be incomplete.
huntxJun 15, 2012 4:35 AM
Jun 15, 2012 4:04 AM
Jun 2008
What's with the Hawaii BGM during Bon's confession lol

Sen might run away from house along with those kids....
MorningGloryJun 15, 2012 4:10 AM
Jun 15, 2012 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
Fast pacing yet still fantastic as usual! All the feels in this episode ;A; SEEEEEEEEN!
Confession part was so cute I squealed.
Jun 15, 2012 5:24 AM

Dec 2010
SHE is giving HIM a morality speach about self-confidence? My goodness.
Jun 15, 2012 5:30 AM

Oct 2007
Only two episodes left? I don't want this to end.
Jun 15, 2012 6:14 AM

Nov 2010
The romance, the show needs more Jazz!
Jun 15, 2012 6:14 AM

Mar 2009
I just want to chime in that next week is not the last episode. There's 12 episodes in total. Also, if you read Japanese and follow the official apollon twitter, there'll be a special event involving the anime cast slated on the 24th of Jun, preceding the final episode, which will air on the final week of Jun. This means episode 11 will cram an entire volume 8 and episode 12 will squeeze in volume 9. I'm still wondering how that will turn out. Some things will have to be fast track like what we saw here in episode 10.
Jun 15, 2012 7:13 AM

Aug 2008
The last scene made me forget all the joy I had while watching this episode. I felt like crying now.
Jun 15, 2012 7:45 AM

Nov 2009
AnimeFtw1 said:
He's gonna kill himself. Is what I think.

I thought the same but it would be too much and stupid.
Jun 15, 2012 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
Sen...... :/ Don't goo... :'(
Wow this episode was such a joy and then right at the end ripped it all out of me :(
5/5
Jun 15, 2012 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode and sad ending. I'm worried about what is going to happen next week.
5/5 without any doubts.
Jun 15, 2012 10:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Powerful declaration of love deflated by not doing anything in months. Typical Kaoru!

Any chance Sentaro catches up with Yurika and Jin in Tokyo?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 15, 2012 11:28 AM

May 2012
I definitely felt like this episode moved a lot more than the others did. There was so much development.

First off, I feel Ri-chan and Kaoru's little bit was overdone, but in a good way. I don't think that would have been nearly fitting enough for the show if they had just gotten together without it being at least a little ridiculous.
I love the fact that when he figured out exactly what the mittens were for, he put them on, and when he blocked that snowball and thanked her, I couldn't take it. Those cuties...

Second, Sen needs to show more emotions. He held in everything about the affair, and then again when his father was supposed to come back. He needed to talk to Kaoru about it... poor boy is going to be so hurt when he realizes Sen is gone.

Last, I can't even begin to express my feelings in the short scene where Ri-chan is playing "Someday my Prince Will Come" on the piano. It's beautiful and so expressive and I barely have words for it, but they wrote and animated it beautifully.

The ending of this episode looks like it leads to what is going to be another heavily emotionally filled episode next week, and I can't wait!
Jun 15, 2012 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
Looks like Kaoru caught a serious case of the Japanese cold.
Jun 15, 2012 1:29 PM

Aug 2008
Seriously, Kaoru is so adorable without his glasses~ The bath scene made me LOL

But... Sen don't tell me you'll run away NO PLEASE NO DON'T
Jun 15, 2012 3:20 PM

Jun 2011
AS ALWWAYS
Jun 15, 2012 4:19 PM

Jun 2012
5/5

Not as amazing as the school festival episode, but it was still compelling.

Maybe Sen will meet up with Jun and Yurika? That sounds so awkward that it's probably inevitable.
Jun 15, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
Another wonderful episode. While Kaoru and Ritsuko moment was a bit dramatic, but still loved it overall. And like someone mentioned, about time they showed a girl entering the bath when the boy was taking it. Sentarou, why you leave?

Anyway, just want to say that the anime had been a real pleasure from start to finish. There will be complains from fans for not having much Jazz in it and taking the romance root instead, but I am absolutely fine with it. For me, the anime has been really balanced and the pacing of the story was just perfect.

Let me ruin their day for those who are thinking that there are 2 more episodes. There is only ONE episode left. Don't worry, I am sad too, because I loved the anime.

Well that sucks. I was hoping for two more episodes. I guess in some ways we get a double sized episode (two 23.5 minute episodes). And to think the translations of chapter 41-45 haven't been put up yet.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 15, 2012 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
WHAT. SEN. NO. WHYYY. D8 </3

And Kaoru. I applaud you for your guts.

This anime 1000/10.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 15, 2012 8:47 PM

Jun 2010
Ah darn, I was hoping that we'd see more of Jun and Yurika. Anyway, the Kaoru x Ritsuko scene was quite cheesy... I was expecting something better.

And now time to see Sentarou's weak side.
Jun 15, 2012 9:44 PM

Dec 2011
Great episode. I just expected more from the love scene with Kaoru and Ri-chan. And NOOOO why Sentaro?! Why?!
Jun 15, 2012 10:47 PM

Oct 2011
THAT WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD! best bath scene i ever saw
ONLY 2 EPS LEFT DDDDD":
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE SEN!
Jun 15, 2012 11:39 PM

May 2011
If there's only 2 episode left, I have the feeling that I will not be satisfied with the ending. There's still about Kaoru's mom(since Kaoru did give her a song record), Sentarou's problem(at the end of this episode), how Junichi and Yurika are doing after they left, and that festival.

Kinda want the ending to end with them - Kaoru, Sentarou, Junichi, and Ritsuko's father - playing on a stage with lots of audience.
Jun 15, 2012 11:40 PM

May 2011
Kaoru was so bold. It was embarrasing to watch when he was shouting like that *blushing*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sentarou had his bags packed. He cant leave suddenly like that T_T
Jun 16, 2012 4:48 AM

Apr 2009
STAY AT HOME, BISH !!
Jun 16, 2012 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
This snowball scene made my day XD

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 16, 2012 5:56 AM

May 2011
Seriously, all this shit going down and now Sen's father is coming back? This anime seriously needs to stop impressing the shit out of me.
Jun 16, 2012 6:59 AM

Aug 2007
... D: Don't do anything crazy, Sentarou D:

I also had to lol about Ritsuko entering the bath xD

Why is this directing so amazing. D:
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 16, 2012 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
Next week I'm hoping for less Kaoru fan-service and more jazz and bromance.
Jun 16, 2012 5:32 PM

Feb 2010
Lord_Jon_Snow said:
STAY AT HOME, BISH !!

srsly.... SEN.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Jun 16, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2011
Great confession by Kaoru but Sen, i don't peg him as one to runaway or commit suicide. Especially considering how dedicated he is to his family.
Jun 17, 2012 5:15 AM

Oct 2010
They decided to not show Maruo-kun with the scarf made by Ritsuko's friend, but I guess it's okay to skip that minor detail. Few episodes left, I hope the conclusion will be good. Sentaro leaving without notice is surprising. Kaoru's confession to Ritsuko is a bit cheesy but still nice. The only awkward part is when the scene suddenly skips to summer, with no progress on Kaoru and Ritsuko's romance.

Below are the:

Skipped parts:
-Maruo and his new girlfriend
-Kaoru offered to take Yurika's painting to his home, in the process he almost punch the student who makes fun of him.
-Kaoru and Sen went to the roof only to realize that its so cold out there.
-Sen said that Kaoru got the top score at the last examination.
-Ricchan said that the 3rd grade class will be divided according to score, so she (not Sen like in the anime) probably won't be in the same class with Kaoru anymore.

-Kaoru said to Sen's cousins that he probably will go to a med school.
-Kaoru suggest Sen to have a big family and teach his kids Jazz.
-There are actually two doors in the bathroom, Ritsuko enters from the one facing her house.
-Kaoru borrows Sen's pants

-After Kaoru left Sen's house, Sen studies in his room. Then he remembers what Kaoru said about Sen having a big family of his own. Sen talks about it with his pet bird, flustered, and goes "what are he saying, right, Sarah?" in the end.

-The next day, Kaoru passed out from his cold when handing Sen exam notes. Ritsuko went to nurse office to see Sen and Kaoru, but then she left without saying anything.

-The detail that Sen passed the exam out of mercy from his homeroom teacher (that spartan teacher). He got normal scores on all exam except math, but his homeroom teacher will take care of it.

-Kaoru's aunt is the one who left the window opened.
-The words Kaoru said in his fever to Ritsuko are all spilling without control.

-The ENTIRE bike riding scene is cut into none. Page 33 chapter 33.
-To put it simply, all Spring scene is cut into none.
-Another Maruo lovey-dovey scene.
-Kaoru walks home with Ricchan, he almost grabbed Ritsuko's hand when suddenly an elderly woman calls her cat, surprising Kaoru.

-Bon teasing Kaoru by offering to go to beach with Ritsuko.
-Beach Scene. Chapter 34 page 15.
-Another Kaoru x Ritsuko romance scene in the beach. Schemed by Sen.
-That 'the olympus' boy interrupted their lunch and invites them to perform at the next culture fest.

-Seems that Sentarou felt left out when seeing Kaoru and Ritsuko together. The watermelon scene is a proof of this. Chapter 35 page 5.
-"I'm the happiest when I'm playing a session with you". "Eh..? What are you saying so suddenly? It's embarassing!....... Me too".

-Maruo talks with Kaoru about university, and how Ritsuko will feel lonely if Kaoru went to study to Tokyo.
-Ritsuko said that she wanted to be an elementary school teacher after watching The Sound of Music.
-Kaoru and Ritsuko hides the fact that they're dating from Ricchan's dad.

Added parts:
-The bakery and glutton talk.
-No "he even takes my breath once in a while" (doki doki suru) sentence in the manga.
-When Kaoru said that he can't kiss Ritsuko because of his cold, in the manga Ricchan didn't said that she doesn't mind.

Looking back, this episode is so chopped.
Reim_SeranthJun 17, 2012 6:05 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Jun 17, 2012 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode.

Sen is without a doubt my favorite character in this show.
Jun 17, 2012 10:58 PM

Sep 2011
More boring melodrama between Ri-chan and Kaoru. Hopefully that's all done now and we can move on to the more interesting stuff
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 18, 2012 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
Oh no, Sentaro no!!! X( Another unexpected twist, this show keeps throwing me off.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 19, 2012 1:36 AM

Jan 2008
The anime just keeps on disappointing me. After reading as much of the manga that has been released so far, it just annoys me to see just how much has been cut out especially in this episode. You don't get to see the actual feelings behind everyone and it's really annoying. I hope they end the anime soon because they're not bothering to give the manga proper justice and it isn't fair that so much of the true bromance between Kaoru and Sen isn't really portrayed as it should be =/
Jun 19, 2012 3:46 AM

Mar 2012
You know its only 12 episodes...
I felt sad at first, since i also read the manga , but i think everyone should watch and judge the anime independently, with all parts cut it doesn't feel like its chopped. Its just a bit different. Too much bromance makes some ppl get wrong ideia.
huntxJun 19, 2012 3:55 AM
Jun 19, 2012 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
That is still wrong in my eyes though. I personally adore the bromance in a non-romantic way and it just saddens that they don't delve into it and that the series will be so cut down in episodes because of it. There IS such a thing as a guy relationship without butchering it up in fears of scaring people away because it feels homosexual .-.
Jun 21, 2012 1:08 AM

Apr 2012
Wow. I was looking for a new anime to watch because none of the new releases came out. I had second thoughts watching this anime but it quickly grew on me. I just watched episode 1-10 in one sitting and it was a blast. I honestly haven't seen an anime this good for a long while. I've never read the manga before but the anime is great regardless of what the manga was supposed to outline the anime to be. Honestly you will never be satisfied if compare what is missing in the anime from the manga. I didn't see any pacing problems. Loved the Jazz theme, romance, characters, and the historical references to the post world war II era. References to the great Jazz musicians like John Coltrane, Bill Evans , etc.

Feels more like a review but getting back to the subject of the next episode, another twist to the story!
Looking forward to it.

Jun 24, 2012 12:14 PM

Dec 2009
Is there really only 2 episodes left? The story they told could have been told in 5 & spent more time with music in that period.
Such junk...
Jun 25, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
OMFG NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. HELL TO THE FRIKIN NO. SENTARO IS NOT GONNA DIE.

When I think about that scenario though, it's really beautiful. Sentarou touched everyone's life, and then he left tthem... BUT I WON'T FUCKING ACCEPT THAT. I almost never curse, but situations like this require force.

Please. Please. I'm begging you, Sakamichi no Apollon. Don't take away my Sen-chan. He led everyone to happiness and sacrificed his own. He can't die! He's too awesome! D; I'm gonna cry.

5/5 - Amazing episode. I felt happy for Kaoru, but through the whole scene I was secretly paining for Sentarou. In all his actions you could feel his inner sorrow (I would know -_-")
Jun 26, 2012 4:19 AM

Nov 2009
Watching Kaoru trying to figure out what's happening was fun. The bath scene made it even better. The episode was a little hard on Sentarou I guess, in various ways. The confession was simply beautiful though. It's always so natural and beautiful when these guys make it.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Jun 26, 2012 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
I'm glad things are moving forward between Ritsuko and Kaoru. No more misunderstandings please! It's getting quite frustrating.
Jun 27, 2012 8:20 AM

May 2010
Kinda annoyed that Kaoru still downgrading himself though it's understandable (since I'm also like that).

Nonetheless, it was good to see how the romance issue was resolved without being draggy despite it's a bit cliche.

I liked how Ri-chan mentioned about confidence. Those words were pretty strong to make Kaoru back in his senses.

I was expecting that next episodes will be about purely jazz showdown but instead, another issue is coming up.

BTW, some scenes esp. the bath scene were funny. :D
Jun 27, 2012 12:02 PM

Dec 2009
WHAT???!!! Sentaro's running away? Holy shit!!

4/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 28, 2012 8:16 AM

Sep 2008
Dawwwwwwww Chi'ko was so adorable, smiling after wetting herself. <3
And then once again, that ending made me go fuckfuckfuckfuck....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2012 10:48 PM

Mar 2011
At first I thought Sen was going to jump from the window...
Jul 1, 2012 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
Nooo this anime is coming to an end! :(

Should have been 24 episodes.
Sep 3, 2012 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
I guess his Dad must the THAT scary =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 14, 2012 12:49 AM

Nov 2009
Isn't kind of bad if his dad is that scary to leave his siblings, however I am glad that he is leaving. I kind of wanted Sen's character to be a bit more... how do I put it, unforgiving, so I'm glad he is finally doing something for himself.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jun 28, 2012

462 by Nebbby312 »»
Apr 12, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dltd - May 24, 2012

253 by defaulticus »»
Apr 9, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.