Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 2, 2017 1:18 AM

Jun 2015
Finally it is over, the best part indeed. This is the first time I found the antagonist's goal better than the protagonist's goal. I am glad this part isn't more bizzare than part 6 and Araki use clever way to defeat Valentine and Dio. Too bad that boy died from cold.
Jan 31, 2017 6:54 AM

Aug 2016
Damn, i almost forgot how much of a bastard Dio was. By the way, why exactly did Valentine preferred Dio to have the corpse? He knew that he would only use it for his personal benefit, bringing fortune to noone but himself, so how did he view it as a better option?
Feb 8, 2017 10:57 PM

Mar 2014
Best JoJo (Johnny = Araki's best-written character), best JoBro & best villain (Funny = Araki's 2nd best character).

But Goddamn, the pacing was shockingly fast, considering this was Araki. And too many underused characters + plot-points.

9/10 (equal fave part along with BT)
Feb 17, 2017 2:23 AM

Oct 2014
Farenait said:
why exactly did Valentine preferred Dio to have the corpse? He knew that he would only use it for his personal benefit, bringing fortune to noone but himself, so how did he view it as a better option?

He knew Johnny wouldn't give a shit about America and would only use the corpse for himself, possibly leaving the country with it. Dio might have only used the corpse for his personal gains but at least he would store it in the vault, in America, bringing good fortune to the country like Valentine wanted.
Feb 18, 2017 4:54 AM

Aug 2016
Gluzin said:
Farenait said:
why exactly did Valentine preferred Dio to have the corpse? He knew that he would only use it for his personal benefit, bringing fortune to noone but himself, so how did he view it as a better option?

He knew Johnny wouldn't give a shit about America and would only use the corpse for himself, possibly leaving the country with it. Dio might have only used the corpse for his personal gains but at least he would store it in the vault, in America, bringing good fortune to the country like Valentine wanted.

Even if he stored it in the vault, doesnt it all come down to how its owner will use it? How would good fortune be brought to America just by it being in the vault while Dio wouldnt care less about America and only use it to benefit no man or country but himself?
Feb 18, 2017 5:15 AM

Oct 2014
Farenait said:
Gluzin said:

Even if he stored it in the vault, doesnt it all come down to how its owner will use it? How would good fortune be brought to America just by it being in the vault while Dio wouldnt care less about America and only use it to benefit no man or country but himself?

The corpse will give a new ability to the one who owns it but it l passively brings good fortune around it I guess. Valentine would have done much more with it by changing the morals of the world itself "taking the first napkin" but just having the corpse stored in America is better than nothing.
Feb 25, 2017 5:25 AM

Aug 2016
Gluzin said:
Farenait said:

The corpse will give a new ability to the one who owns it but it l passively brings good fortune around it I guess. Valentine would have done much more with it by changing the morals of the world itself "taking the first napkin" but just having the corpse stored in America is better than nothing.

I get it now, thanks
Mar 10, 2017 7:31 PM

Feb 2016
I absolutely LOVED SBR.

Man if the johnny and gyro vs funny valentine ever gets animated by david production, it would instantly become the greatest animated moment for that particular year of anime.
Apr 10, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2016
Lucy Steel is best JoJo, she DID IT! Defeated The World single-handedly, using her head (and someone else's). The chapters involving her were hands down my favourite in SBR, with the sole exception of the Ringo Roadagain ones.

pkKodama said:
The one thing I don't understand about this part is why did Funny betray and try to shoot Johnny during their deal? It felt like a Win-Win situation, if only he hadn't tried to kill him, Johnny would have saved Funny, Funny would bring Gyro from the other world and then Johnny would definitely let Funny have the corpse parts.

This! I was hoping the story would take an unexpected turn like that, where the so-called protagonist and antagonist come to an understanding. Instead, it went the way of a classic Western shootout. It would have made more sense if he had waited until Johnny had fixed him, and then backstabbed him - possibly using the alt-Dio's help, whom he had already briefed and brought into the base world. Drawing his gun and shooting was downright stupid and felt out of character.

Because of this gripe and Araki not bringing Gyro and the others back, I place this part below 2 and 6. 2 was just all-round awesome with the best JoJo ever, and 6 had the most amazing and bizarre Stands ever.

Apr 21, 2017 7:51 PM

Oct 2012
Such sad end :(
That kid Gyro wanted to save ended up died of cold too
"Signature removed"
May 11, 2017 6:37 AM

Aug 2014
This was one hell of a ride from start to finish, but I can easily see why people consider this the best JoJo to date. Excellent character development for our MCs, Valentine was a great villain and Gyro is, along with Bruno, easily one of the best sidekicks in the entire series goddamn, may he rest in piece ;_;

Easy 10/10 for me.
May 21, 2017 9:53 AM
Aug 2014
I love the KARMA in Diego's Death. Diego's decapitated head looked like it tried to replace the other Diego's head and take the body(but failed) in a similar manner of Dio replacing Jonathan's head to get his body. These little things makes JoJo so fascinating...
Aug 1, 2017 3:59 PM

Dec 2015
One thing I don't remember being explained is what and why Hot Pants knew about Dario Brando?
Sep 10, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
What a pathetic ending.
Sep 24, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2016
It was good, the epilogue was lackluster though, which is a shame because Part 7 is pretty damn good.

Although it has many, many things I didn't quite like, like Lucy, I don't like her and I don't like how much of a damsel in distress she was, Parts 4, 5 and 6 female characters were pretty good, I don't know why Part 7's had to be so mediocre.

But that doesn't mean SBR didn't had lots of great moments, in fact, it's probably on my top 3 JoJo parts, but there are many negative factors. As such, although I wanted to give Part 7 a ten or a nine, I feel like it wouldn't feel right. It's almost is though.

8.4/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Oct 17, 2017 12:33 AM

Jan 2015
TheDawnBerserker said:
Re-read this part and it's truly the best part ever, a masterpiece, didn't like it that much at first read.

Definitely made the good choice by reading it a second time
What made you not fall in love with it the first time?
Nov 27, 2017 8:00 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, why did Dio have to lose like that...
Mar 4, 2018 9:02 AM

Jan 2017
Along with many others, i also feel steel ball run is the best part now as of now. It had an unique setting and an actual story in contrast to the other parts. It also has the best protagonists duo, Gyro and Johnny, from all the series. Their interactions is one of the many highlights of this arc. Gyro is my favorite character and his death was a heartbroken moment, even when i was spoiled about that. There were a lot of fantastic battles during the course of the race, like Ringo Roadagain shootout, Dio and Hot pants vs president, Johnny and Gyro vs President etc. Listening to AC/DC was an added bonus to the experience.
There were also some plot conveniences towards the end with d4c abilities, but whatever it didn't hinder the plot or distract too much from enjoying the story. Also, bringing back Dio' s world felt forced and uninspired, but the ending was satisfying and gave some sense of closure to Johnny.
GundiokMar 4, 2018 9:15 AM
Mar 8, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
m4rc0 said:
What I noticed right now is that we have no Speedwagon in SBR. That's a shame.
Well, there was the Speedwagon Foundation, at least.
Apr 11, 2018 7:52 PM

Dec 2016
I really loved this story, Gyro from the start became my favorite character, eventually as the story progressed Johnny gradually become my favorite character. Araki does a good job at character development.

I like how most of the characters have realistic backstories from poverty, broken families, death of a relative, suffering from injustice and etc. Also all of the characters had a realistic motivation in regards to taking part of the steel ball run.

Araki didn't pull any punches when he wrote Gyro's violent death, Valentine shot Gyro's corpse several more times for good measure.

The ending was very bittersweet Johnny lost Gyro, lost the race meaning that he didn't get the money he desired and he didn't finish off Dio, however, his father apologized, he got his legs back, he found motivation and Dio is dead.... I mean Diego.
Brahmastra_Apr 11, 2018 8:04 PM
May 14, 2018 6:18 PM

Jul 2017
SBR is by far the best Jojo part. Most well written, realistic and developed Jojo, best Jobro (who happens to be best Zeppeli), best designs, best main cast (who all have distinct personalities, quirks and their own purpose/goal for entering the SBR race, minor villains and side characters got a lot more depth and actual backstories than previous parts, it delved into more deep, philosophical themes compared to previous ones which felt more “fun”, it had amazing character development, a unique setting and atmosphere, great overreaching plot with entertaining mystery & twists.

It had some of the most creative stands (which were used in a refreshing way by keeping them simpler), spins & steel balls being a interesting addition to the existing abilities. Furthermore, SBR had the most well written, complex, morally grey villain to date- Funny Valentine. Him and D4C are both fabulous. Also, Diego is best DIO. Not to mention, Johnny & Gyro have the most well written, believable friendship ever.

My only flaws are: Sandman and Pocolco being wasted potential, Hot pants died in a underwhelming way (and I wish she got more character interactions with Gyro and Johnny), Valentine and Johnny’s stand becoming overpowered and convoluted. Furthermore, some stands were too simple and not interesting e.g. Tusk act 1.

That being said, this story isn’t about Johnny winning the race, it’s a journey about self discovery, growth and accepting oneself. 10/10
FlexstyleMay 18, 2018 2:51 PM
Sep 16, 2018 4:22 PM

Aug 2014

Araki, you fucking monster 😂😂

And so we've finally reached the end.
I honestly couldn't tell you which one I had to pick between this and Part 2, for the most overrated JoJo part. Didn't really like how the stands were incorporated in the most of the fights...mostly because of the spin technique (hopefully this is the last time we'll ever see them) and Johnny being crippled for pretty much the majority of the story also didn't helped. I also didn't care for Johnny's or Gyro's character that much. (Diego is GOAT tho)
But I still wouldn't say I was disappointed in the end, I guess I was expecting more because of all the praise it got. The final fight and overall finale were at least satisfying a lot better than most parts I'll admit.
7/10

My ranking so far :
6>5>3>4>7>2>1
KashKetchumSep 17, 2018 2:49 AM
Oct 16, 2018 3:37 AM

Jan 2015
I really wish I could have read this blind, but the fact that it still ended up being my favourite manga ever and favourite JoJo Part, above Diamond is Unbreakable, really says something about its quality!
Nov 3, 2018 5:19 AM

Aug 2014
Great main characters & development, believable friendship, backstories for most important chars, well planned story, interesting stands, great fights, probably the best fanservice moment ever (Za Warudo), overall bizarreness...

The beginning was a little slow, but since the first stand emerged (not counting Pocoloco's), I was hooked till the end. That was amazing. Everything I loved in JoJo's + some new twists. Easily my favourite part.
Dec 29, 2018 1:34 PM

May 2009
Yea, this one goes down as one of the indisputable best manga of all time, one of the best western stories of all time as well. 10/10
Apr 28, 2019 10:33 PM

Apr 2014
loved this. amazing character cast, definitely my favorite out of all the JoJo parts (although Part 5 is close). the plot was so-so but i honestly don't consider plot as the main appeal for myself. the setting was so fun as well, and i loved the horse racing. i honestly wish it was just about the horse racing, the whole "corpse" searching felt a bit lackluster to me. speaking of lackluster, the last arc was probably my least favorite, i'm gonna pretend it ended without the whole "alternative Dio" situation

if it weren't for Gyro, Johnny would have easily been my favorite character. i'd actually say he's my favorite JoJo or at least tied with Giorno. Gyro is still best boy though. my favorite side characters were probably Hot Pants, Lucy (oh poor thing), and Dio from the base universe

Lucy really went through so much shit, i'd say i felt the most bad for her throughout the manga. she was pretty much alone in her struggles until the end where she reunited with Mr Steel. i wouldn't say i necessarily "liked" her but her character was simply GOOD

(god how i wish there was an alternative setting with Gyro and Johnny participating in a horse race)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 11:02 AM

Aug 2015
Finishing SBR on the National New York Day... what a coincidence.

What a ride, this is definitively the best Jojo part for many reasons (characters, setting, consistency, battles, villain, art) and the final panel of Johnny is beautiful. Having that said, it sucks that I already knew who was going to die, act 4, the scenes and that same panel lmao.

Btw the kid dying years later is both funny (ha) and cruel at the same time. Just Araki being Araki.

Surprisingly, I don´t think I ever disliked an arc. Even though people say the beginning is slow I really like it (maybe because I like competitions or tournaments in general, and the SBR race was done really well. For some reason I though it was going to be interrupted at some point.

The only thing I did not like was the final duel. I don´t mean the whole arc against Valentine (that is for me the best battle in all of jojo) but rather the Johnny vs AlterDio one. It was rushed due to being on the race at the same time, but it feels like going back after having Johnny defeating Diego (which by the way is best iteration of Dio), and specially because this Dio is just the old one, without all the good traits that Dino boy got.

I will say that Stone Ocean´s end left a huge impact (yes I liked it a lot), but this one is the best in terms of how everything ended. Although AlterDio does not really fit in some ways more than being a throwback or some small fanservice. If Poloco wins by finishing first and Johnny goes third or something, it would be an 11/10 for me.

Btw Johnny is the best Jojo and the best written character Araki have made (at least until part 7). I love everything about him going from his design, to his motives and backstory. Also Tusk is cool (and broken) but does not take the place of my favorite stand: Weather Report.

Finally, I really liked the fact that pretty much no one was fighting against evil (besides AlterDio, which can be considered a bad guy). Everyone wanted Jesus for their own motives and, surprisingly, Valentine was the most noble of them in terms of his ambition.

Now, let´s visit the Crazy, noisy and bizarre town of Morioh once again.
Sep 28, 2019 1:21 PM

Mar 2019
This honestly feels even more bittersweet than Part 6's ending.
Well, what can I say? Steel Ball Run was awesome. I'm not sure if it's my favorite but it's definitely near the top. C:
Wasn't a big fan of the last couple of chapters, though. They were kinda like Part 1. I appreciate what they have done and caused for the series as a whole but reading them just wasn't too enjoyable...
Now it's time for Part 8. I've heard a lot of rather... weird things about it. I'm excited to give a try. It does kinda worry me how close to the end of JoJo I've got, though. I don't want it to end. ;-;
OωO
Mar 14, 2020 8:33 AM

Oct 2018
This was an amazing part with some of the best characters with great development, steel ball run was really good.
Mar 25, 2020 4:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely masterpiece part again, the characters were just so great like story and the stands
Apr 30, 2020 5:41 AM
Mar 2015
This part definitely deserves the praise it gets! It is, however, not my favorite part. It did have the best villain (dethroning Pucci), the best JoJo girl (Lucy), the best story (by a landslide), and the second best final battle (behind Killer Queen).
But I did find the beginning slow and the stands were overall not as good as in parts 4 and 5, the latter having several of my favorites. The side characters weren't as interesting as the one in parts 4 and 5 either, aside from Valentine and Lucy that is. Josuke is also still the best JoJo.

Overall, my current ranking of the series is 4>5≈7>>2>6>>3>>>>1
Jul 15, 2020 10:09 AM
Jun 2017
Wow, what a ride this was!

I'm glad that Johhny survives; for a second i thought he was gonna die.
Gyro's death still hurts, but it's not JoJo without a painful death, I guess.

Overall, an incredible part.
Jul 29, 2020 7:05 AM

Jan 2017
that's the 3rd time lucy got molested by a creepy pedophile. poor girl. at least she gave dio what he deserved.

i was hoping hot pants would show up at some point after her fight valentine, to help johnny, but she never did. guess she really died after all.

killing off the boy with a cold was just unnecessary tbh.

this was a very bittersweet and yet beautiful ending.
i'd say sbr is among my top 3 parts along part 2 and 4 in no particular order.
Aug 5, 2020 7:56 PM

Oct 2013
A happy ending! Johnny is healed up and it seems that Lucy took the Corpse.

That was one of mangas that I will never forget, definitely. Beautiful story of friendship and overcoming obstacles with even more beautiful art (I especially loved the detailed panels showing New York in the last stage of the race).

This Part was simply fantastic. It had its flaws (like some boring arcs in the first half), but it reached the pinnacle of quality in its second half.
AdnashAug 6, 2020 5:42 PM
Aug 9, 2020 10:48 AM

Dec 2018
I’ve finished part 7 a few years ago but I can never stop myself from re-reading it all. I am genuinely in love with this part so damn much.

Aug 25, 2020 4:59 PM
Sep 2015
what a ride, i started it at the beginning of this month and read a few chapters on and off, then ended up binging the last 2/3 of the series in a couple days. I really enjoyed the ending, poor johnny though losing all of his allies and his best friend, like someone said unlike the other jojos johnny really only had gyro to lean on instead of a whole group
Aug 30, 2020 6:21 PM

Mar 2020
FUCK! Can Dio just win one time without these mfs ruining it smh let my boy shine.

This Part was definitely on another level compared to the previous ones, best plot/best setting and easily some of the best cast ever not just in Jojo universe.
This shit really was an amazing journey. The character development of Johnny and Gyro was just beautiful, shit even Dio and Lucy got some great character development.

Araki's character writing improved a lot. Gyro, Johnny, Diego, Valentine and most of the characters in this part had some of the best backstories & depth in the whole series.

Usually Araki focuses on like 3 characters, but most characters in this part were unique in some way, even fuckin Ringo who appeared in like 2 chapters is more memorable than a lot of other Jojo characters in previous parts.

i'm still kinda annoyed that Sandman died early tho, feels like his character was just wasted potential. He should've been the one winning it all not Pocoloco with his dumb OP ass luck stand.

Part 7 definitely lived up to the hype, one of my favorite Manga ever. Gyro & Diego are easily some of the best characters i've ever seen.
Johnny was great too, probably my 2nd favorite Jojo after Joseph, i just think he got overshadowed by Gyro & Diego.
BlufaceBabyAug 31, 2020 12:39 PM
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 21, 2020 1:01 AM

Apr 2020
Man, I'm emotional right now.
This was a great part with a great ending.

Onto Jojolion
--AbiSa--
Dec 18, 2020 10:58 AM

Mar 2020
That was a great way to end it, this really was good man. Easily the best part of Jojo for me, Araki really did a good job with this. This one was different from all the other parts but I really liked how Araki went on with it. Johnny and Gyro's friendship, all the stand users, Valentine, and Dio... everything was just great.

Araki is a genius, easy 10/10
Joe, Joe Forever....
Jan 26, 2021 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
This was a great ending to this series, in previous parts (such as part 3, 5 and 6) I felt that the way everything was wrapped up was not the best. However Steel Ball Run finished everything in a satisfying way.
I really liked how Lucy had a pivotal role in Dio defeat even without her having a stand ability; I really liked the inclusion of "The World" in the final part of the story; Valentine was a phenomenal villain (not as good as Pucci imo but still an amazing one) with a compelling backstory and motivation; as well as all the twists and turns this final arc had.
There were a few minor things that I didn't like such as Poco Loco having such a big focus in the first part of the series and later on being put completely on the side... which defeats what Gyro stood for about overcoming adversities (and by extension something intangible like luck) with willpower with that was what inspired Johnny to follow him; Higashikata character serving as nothing more than a "red herring"; the way Sandman was utilized was quite uninspiring; and Johnny father apologize sequence came out as rather forced and didn't have the emotional impact it could have had.
Still, despite those minor nitpicks I would still say this was a great series. The battles were engaging, a lot of interesting story elements and subplots, great characters with compelling backstories, and the way the relationship between Gyro and Johnny was written was really well done. One of the best parts of the franchise for sure, and I am interested in seeing how the things will progress in part 8 because this is a strong start to this universe.
Jun 14, 2021 1:04 AM
Oct 2020
What a ride and what a fantastic story! Congrats to pocoloco on the win, Johnny should have won tbh. Overall definitely the best part of the series, the stands were great, the characters were great(especially gyro), the villains were great, and it even had Jesus Christ himself. What a great way to reboot the franchise. Onto part 8
Jul 10, 2021 3:00 PM

Mar 2021
I like Tusk Act 4. But otherwise, Johnny's bullets and Gyro's steel balls got stale at some point. I also love D4C. But it was quite inconsistent with it's powers. I didn't like the fates of most of the main characters. Def not my favorite part. Having said that, I could still say I liked SBR overall. It was a fun ride.

Aug 11, 2021 3:17 PM
Apr 2021
Perfect ending for masterpiece 🐐/10
Aug 23, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2020
Damn what an end, Dio died with a respectful death tbh i love the way he died because he didn't die of Johnny. Am also glad that Johnny managed to stay alive and to return Gyro's corpse to homeland. Now the corpse is in the shelter and nobody can get it, i think that's fair because a lot of people wanted it but nobody accomplished it and got it. I love this series probably one of the best JoJo's. I'll probably give it a 9/10 but we will see that doesn't matter rn. I like the idea of race with horses because is a lot different than past JoJo's. Great manga, now i need to read 8th part and it just finished few days ago :).
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Aug 29, 2021 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty lit read start to finish, now I truly understand why so many people rate and cherish this part so much.

One thing I really admire about Araki, unlike many other mangaka, is that he tends to bless unexpected MVP performances to certain key characters, like he did with Emporio in part 6. Araki had the opportunity to turn this into a 'Goku-show' type of material but instead he elevated Lucy and Steven Steel to incredible heights and allowed them to truly shine, deliver final blows and establish awesome legacies.

Cannot wait to see this lovable part get animated later on, I miss the adventures of Steel Ball Run already. 🐎🤠
Oct 7, 2021 8:51 AM

Jul 2008
Really great ending... What a story. It didn't look like Dio had locked the crypt in time, so I'm guessing either Lucy or Johnny have the actual corpse. The way Lucy was illustrated in the end made it look like she knew something that Stephen didn't. It suffered from some of the same problems as the other JoJo parts, namely the logistics of some of the stands is a bit baffling and some of the stuff just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you stop to actually think about it, but the manga was exciting through and through.

One thing that bugged me... In the black and white version, there's an extra chapter with Stephen Steel's backstory. In it, a young Lucy encourages a down on his luck Stephen to pursue with the idea of the Steel Ball Run race. When all the planning is done and the race is going to go ahead, he returns several years later to thank her, and for some miraculous reason Lucy now looks exactly the same as his deceased fiancé. This is never addressed again and, after some research, I've found out this chapter is omitted in the colour version. Wonder what happened there. I spent the whole manga wondering why Lucy had the same appearance as Stephen's first love, thinking it had some larger significance, but I guess it was retconned or something.

Mummykun said:
The one thing I don't understand about this part is why did Funny betray and try to shoot Johnny during their deal? It felt like a Win-Win situation, if only he hadn't tried to kill him, Johnny would have saved Funny, Funny would bring Gyro from the other world and then Johnny would definitely let Funny have the corpse parts.

Valentine always intended to betray Johnny, that's why Johnny threw him the empty gun. Johnny wanted to test that Valentine didn't have a concealed weapon, knowing that if Valentine picked up the gun as Johnny instructed, it would react with its counterpart from an alternate dimension and be annihilated, thus revealing Valentines bluff. Valentine realised Johnny knew what was up, so went for a Hail Mary and tried shooting him.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 13, 2021 10:41 PM

Jul 2021
i cried, def wasnt dissapointed after people said it was the best part
Nov 2, 2021 5:11 AM

Jun 2020
Loved this part. Indeed the best part of the series. Araki really continues to evolve in both writing and art. Gyro best character. :')
Dec 5, 2021 2:02 AM

Dec 2020
Oh well, that was a wonderful ride. Loved it. Especially the Sugar Mountain and the True Man's World Arc. Gyro and Johnny were a great duo. Diego (Dio) was well written too. And Funny Valentine is easily my second favourite antagonist in JoJo.
To be honest, Valentine probably had the best intentions with the corpse.
And why, just why can't Dio win in peace?!
Time stopping is a ridiculously powerful ability yet he doesn't use it properly.
Just stop time and decapitate the user. But no, we have to throw those knives and shoot bullets, don't we? Bruh. He had enough time to kill Johnny.
That end for Dio wasn't satisfying at all. I wanted him to win but he acted incompetently.
Hot Pants and Wekapipo were wasted potential. Specially Hot Pants.
Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. I will probably give it an 8 or a 9.
Probably my third favourite JoJo part after Part 3 and 4.
3>4>7≈5>2>6≈1
troilus_05sDec 5, 2021 2:06 AM
Dec 6, 2021 3:00 AM

Dec 2020
Mummykun said:
The one thing I don't understand about this part is why did Funny betray and try to shoot Johnny during their deal? It felt like a Win-Win situation, if only he hadn't tried to kill him, Johnny would have saved Funny, Funny would bring Gyro from the other world and then Johnny would definitely let Funny have the corpse parts. Funny's actions and explanations seemed to be reasonable up to that point and if only he hadn't betrayed Johnny he would definitely be accepted as a good president and there would be no reason for them to fight at all. I guess the best explanation is that Funny thought Johnny would end up betraying him anyway, so he thought that trying to kill him with the pistol was his last chance to survive while he still had the chance to do so.

In my opinion, Funny Valentine wasn't going to betray Johnny. I mean, he swore on the napkin his father had left for him. To betray Johnny after that was out of character for him. (If that was what Araki actually intended then it was bad writing). So, I think that Funny brought the gun as a backup plan. IF Johnny doesn't agree to his proposal and tries to shoot, he needs to have a weapon too, right? But Johnny told him to pick up the gun and if he had done that, the gun would have fused with the gun in his pocket and Johnny would think that Funny was going to kill him with the gun. So, Johnny would end up shooting Funny without waiting for any explanation. Funny didn't think Johnny would use a gun to see if he was going to betray or not. There was no way Funny could talk his way out of this. There was no way Johnny would wait for an explanation so Funny just bet everything on shooting him with the gun.
troilus_05sDec 6, 2021 3:14 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can i skip parts and read this?

PermanentHaki - Apr 1

41 by Blueberry173 »»
Apr 15, 7:30 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 96 Discussion

federgolo - Nov 18, 2016

37 by Shibas_StonedAF »»
Apr 9, 3:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 1, 2009

24 by jiminybillybob »»
Apr 5, 1:15 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 27 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

19 by Wiziliz »»
Mar 21, 8:00 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 89 Discussion

grandy_UiD - Apr 25, 2012

36 by animalia »»
Mar 5, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.