Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (53) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2008 9:52 AM

Mar 2008
Last Thursday-ism.

Nah, I don't give a damn for religion anymore.
Sep 27, 2008 9:54 AM

May 2008
ladyxzeus said:

*raises hand*
I have a doubt. Please somebody explain me the difference in atheism and agnosticism. I am quite sure one is considered "religion" and the other is not.

You don't need to believe in a god to practice a religion.
Sep 27, 2008 9:54 AM

Sep 2008
angel999 said:
ALICE-in-chains said:
angel999 said:
Azamat said:
angel999 said:
Azamat said:
I'm an atheist, and i don't believe in any superstitious nonsense. Empirical evidence and logical reasoning is all there is to it.

Oh, btw; there's actually a club here for us atheist on MAL. http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=5543

PLEASE EXPLAIN ALIENS THEN. Where's the logic?

Aliens? what is there to explain?

There are people who believe in the possibility of intelligent life forms existing outside our solar system. I for one find it plausible.

Well then you acknowledge them as being superior intelligence thus YOU AGREED THAT THEY CAN YOU CONTROL SINCE THEY ARE SMARTER THAN YOU.....this being said if they control YOU.....WOULD THEY NOT BECOME YOUR GOD?????

You are not so smart it seems!

GOD is not someone more powerful or intelligent than me. you makes no sense GOD is just GOD

You just contradicted yourself.....should GOD BE GOD then who says he cannot be any superior life form????
Haydee said:
Personally, I don't really care if there is a god/goddess, or a whole bunch of celestial beings watching us from above. However, I am interested in the possibility of one, in the same way I feel about demons, ghosts, etc. Mild curiosity I guess.

Religon has never been important to me, and I don't think it ever will be. You could probably blame this on the Catholic school system.

Careful they say curiosity killed the cat.

Mod edit: posts merged

GOD is GOD, GOD is not a man nor woman nor being just is it is US who is experiencing GOD from our point of view every one belives that there idea of GOD is the correct one, or that GOD is themselves and through a powerful means to enforce there idea of themselves onto people this is close to rape as you can get with out being actual physically raped it more a mental rape than anything.

GOD is the very essence of love peace and harmony so this makes no sense to say that GOD would do these things.

people do them so thats why no person can ever be GOD just assume they are simply because they are a part of GOD. maybe that is why we die. so there can be no true corruption of what it is.

as for cats being killed i LOL'd

Sep 27, 2008 9:57 AM

Dec 2007
Haydee said:
ladyxzeus said:

*raises hand*
I have a doubt. Please somebody explain me the difference in atheism and agnosticism. I am quite sure one is considered "religion" and the other is not.

True true. ^^ But that does not really answer my question (nor wiki does, I don't read it since it appeared on TV that all the religion related articles were written by a teen with the help of the book "Theology for Dummies" T^T)
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Sep 27, 2008 9:59 AM

May 2008
ladyxzeus said:
Haydee said:
ladyxzeus said:

*raises hand*

True true. ^^ But that does not really answer my question (nor wiki does, I don't read it since it appeared on TV that all the religion related articles were written by a teen with the help of the book "Theology for Dummies" T^T)

Atheists believe that there is no god. Agnosticts believe that there is a possibility that a god exists.
Sep 27, 2008 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
ladyxzeus said:
Getting quick answers, a week for this board to be deleted. *sigh*

Anyway... No religion is not just a bunch of people under the same ideals that gather in a space. Unless you accept political parties, clubs and associations as Religions. Religion is a broader sense than GOD IS GOD. Once, in a similar debate, I wrote "your ethical views and moral beliefs can be considered your "religion", being officialized by a set of rules and dogmas that support your beliefs and connect you to other people". It's a very broad generalization, but it works more or less.

Till the moment I have never found a person that was able to define religion and I have never found a scholar (in the issue) that had the need of defining it. xD

Now, referring to aliens, nobody said they were superior life forms. As far as we know they can all be amoebas.
Azamat said:
There are people who believe in the possibility of intelligent life forms existing outside our solar system. I for one find it plausible.

If you considered this sentence as THERE ARE SUPERIOR LIFE FORMS OUT THERE then you must consider us, humans, un-intelligent beings.

There are many nuances and a position as THIS IS BLACK AND CAN'T BE WHITE WITH GREY STRIPES is really not adequate (sp?) The fact that people can debate accepting the views of others and teaching instead of preaching is what makes us civilized people.

If I wanted to listen to caps lock I have 3 Evangelic Churches near my house. It's funnier to watch it live.

nihilis said:
For me atheism is a religion too becouse you believe in something, you believe that THEIR is no god so. :D

*raises hand*

an atheist dont belive in god an agnostic dont believes at all he would say "i dont know if their is a god or not"

edit: a sry Haydee was faster :D
nihilisSep 27, 2008 10:03 AM

Sep 27, 2008 10:04 AM

Sep 2008
GOD is a platypus's religion is the lake it swims
Sep 27, 2008 10:07 AM

Jul 2008
nihilis said:
OZ31 said:
nihilis said:
OZ31 said:
If your athiest then why post in this thread, It's those idiots that start the flame wars.

No People who call others idiots for there" Religion" are those who start the flame wars.

At no point did I call anyone an idiot for their religion. And it's spelled their not there.

For me atheism is a religion too becouse you believe in something, you believe that THEIR is no god so. :D

Yes, but we are speaking in a broader perspective, not just what YOU believe constitutes as a religion. That's like saying I believe prostitution is a religion.
Sep 27, 2008 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
Boursk said:
Third time Angel999! You don't need to reply to different people in seperate posts. Learn to use the edit button if you forget anything in your post!

Sorry but I am just lazy...:P
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 27, 2008 10:13 AM

May 2008
OZ31 said:
nihilis said:
OZ31 said:
nihilis said:
OZ31 said:
If your athiest then why post in this thread, It's those idiots that start the flame wars.

No People who call others idiots for there" Religion" are those who start the flame wars.

At no point did I call anyone an idiot for their religion. And it's spelled their not there.

Yes, but we are speaking in a broader perspective, not just what YOU believe constitutes as a religion. That's like saying I believe prostitution is a religion.

re·li·gion
a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
Sep 27, 2008 10:20 AM

Nov 2007
Catholic.
Been going to Catholic/Religious schools since pre school.
But I'm not big on practicing my religion. I believe in God and all that, but I'm not one of those Pro Life, Anti Gay Christian either. I hate when people think I am one of them.
StephanBlackhawkSep 27, 2008 2:14 PM
sad
Sep 27, 2008 10:31 AM

Dec 2007
Haydee said:
ladyxzeus said:
Haydee said:
ladyxzeus said:

*raises hand*

Atheists believe that there is no god. Agnosticts believe that there is a possibility that a god exists.

Thankee :3

Will now post the quote above at the Latin American Pagans discussing circle and watch them flaming each other to death. x3
Sep 27, 2008 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
Haydee said:
OZ31 said:
nihilis said:
OZ31 said:
nihilis said:
OZ31 said:

re·li·gion
a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

Religion:a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
Sep 27, 2008 10:38 AM

Mar 2008
I dont really follow a religion but I did it would be Buddhism
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Sep 27, 2008 10:41 AM

May 2008
Yes, that's why your own person spirituality can be your religion as well.

It doesn't have to be some instutitionalized denomination like some act it is.
I tell people I'm religious and they respond with "Why don't you think for yourself instead of letting some delusional science hating freaks control you."

I've no problem with atheists, but I can't relate to them, and I don't like it when they(some of them) act like Christianity is the only religion and all religion is a form of control. Makes it seem more like a knee-jerk reaction to what little spirituality they've been exposed to.

I am thinking for myself. I found my spirituality and what it means. I found my religion and what it means. To not be thinking for myself would be to just cave in and join atheism just because a bunch of atheists said hateful things to me.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 27, 2008 10:45 AM

Jul 2008
ukonkivi said:

I tell people I'm religious and they respond with "Why don't you think for yourself instead of letting some delusional science hating freaks control you."

I've no problem with atheists, but I can't relate to them, and I don't like it when they(some of them) act like Christianity is the only religion and all religion is a form of control. Makes it seem more like a knee-jerk reaction to what little spirituality they've been exposed to.

I am thinking for myself. I found my spirituality and what it means. I found my religion and what it means. To not be thinking for myself would be to just cave in and join atheism just because a bunch of atheists said hateful things to me.

I think this should be the last reply of the whole thread. Great post.
Sep 27, 2008 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
Kionniko said:
cyruz said:
The last topic about Religion went to hell and this one doesn't seem to be different. Aynway, spam posts deleted. Stay on topic.

If you're just here to joke, go back to the Spam forum. Continuous spamming will result in a temp ban.

I wasn't joking, satanism really is my religion. It's not all goat killing, church burning, raping and black magic like most of people think. It's actually is a real religion, with book and church. -.-;

Lawl, LaVeyan Satanism, Lawl...

LaVey died a rich mothafucka from his vaunted bible which was just Nietzsche and Kant combined written down in even more dramatic style and stuck the name 'satanism' to it for no reason but to sell more.

Theistic Satanism on the other hand is pretty awesome, and their book either The Holy Library of the Christian faith or the Recitation of the Islamic Faith.
Perelman, martyr
Sep 27, 2008 11:26 AM

Nov 2007
Well..... This thread turned out to be eh... Interesting xD

We're seriously off topic and it's even getting hard to differentiate between trolls and serious posts.

"Sanity is overrated."
Sep 27, 2008 11:32 AM

Sep 2008
Azamat said:

We're seriously off topic and it's even getting hard to differentiate between trolls and serious posts.
Hey, I gave some lengthily posts showing of my fancy education in physics and mathematics which I botched and addressed some themes in metaphysical analytics... don't look at me, I'm smart.

I don't like Nietzsche by the way.
Perelman, martyr
Sep 27, 2008 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
Hmm.
I was raised a Christian.
but nooooow
I'm between agnostic(ism? xD) and athieism.
Yeah, I'm kinda undecided.
I definetely don't believe in Jesus, though. Perhaps some of the old testament is real.
*shrugs*
Sep 27, 2008 11:49 AM

May 2008
I am an Orthodox Christian born in Bulgaria, living in Canada and studying in science.
You can make your own judgement on how fanatical I am.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Sep 27, 2008 11:55 AM

Sep 2008
Baptized as a Catholic,
but I consider myself a Unitarian Universalist.

What isn't red? What isn't blue?
Sep 27, 2008 12:04 PM

Dec 2007
ukonkivi said:

And that's it.
Sep 27, 2008 12:13 PM

Feb 2007
khorven said:
Azamat said:

Hey, I gave some lengthily posts showing of my fancy education in physics and mathematics which I botched and addressed some themes in metaphysical analytics... don't look at me, I'm smart.

At least you were right, you damn try hard.

pseudoskeptics are amazing beyond belief.
Sep 27, 2008 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
selective_yellow said:
khorven said:
Azamat said:

At least you were right, you damn try hard.

pseudoskeptics are amazing beyond belief.
Mehh, many people claiming to be 'sceptic' are all but, most notewardly James Randi, being convinced from the start on things with a 'paranormal' aurora are 'false' and things with a 'scientific' aurora are 'true' is not scientific at all.

I've tried hard but I have not yet found any on what scientific background Herr Randi actually has.
Perelman, martyr
Sep 27, 2008 1:38 PM

May 2008
Christianity.
Sep 27, 2008 2:26 PM

Feb 2008
Agnosticism/Nihilism
Sep 27, 2008 2:44 PM

May 2007
Looks like the mods are having fun with this topic :D good luck, guys.

Agnostic buddhist. As I've stated in every other religion topic posted...that have all been shut down. X3 Just a matter of time before this one is too.
Sep 27, 2008 2:49 PM

Sep 2008
Burek said:
Agnosticism/Nihilism
Winner.
Perelman, martyr
Sep 27, 2008 2:52 PM
Jul 2008
I practice Catholicism, but I guess if anything I just use it as an emotional crutch to get by with stresses and stuff that life brings. I guess I'm not THAT connected with the religion as others. I guess I'm not a faithful Catholic or something
Sep 27, 2008 2:59 PM

Feb 2005
Well, most religious debates on the internet (and IRL for that matter), usually ends up reminiscent of a grand fleet battle where indestructible ships line up broadside with infinite ammo and exchange fire until either, they all get bored and return to port, or someone pulls the plug and drains the water.
It's virtually impossible to convert anyone, no matter how many fancy cannons you've brought or boarding parties you've sent.
But for anyone who enjoys watching naval battles, it's a brilliant pastime...
Sep 27, 2008 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
Atheist, totally.
Sep 27, 2008 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
atheist fag here

and with this post my post count has increased, making me 1 post cooler than before
Sep 27, 2008 3:04 PM

Dec 2007
Agnostic, but I like some of the ideas in Buddhism and various Neo-pagan religions. Organized religion in general seems a bit.. off to me (to put it nicely).
Sep 27, 2008 3:13 PM

May 2008
Sep 27, 2008 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
Nonreligious, but my parents had me baptized at a Lutheran church as a baby.
Sep 27, 2008 3:59 PM

Apr 2007
Buddhism. I was raised as a Christian but I decided to convert to Buddhism because I didn't believe things I read in the bible. I'm not extremely religious, but I do practice it.

Sep 27, 2008 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
Christian I guess, but that's all. I'm not really that religious, probably on the same plane as my parents, which means.... yeah, we sometimes really don't care.
MoonKittySep 28, 2008 4:24 AM
''... you know what? As a writer, I bring life into those who will experience happiness, sadness, torment and love in stories I write. They will have the opportunity to discover what being important means... and all because I will never be able to do the same as they could. If I could, I would put myself in their place right now. But no, my magic isn't like that...''
Sep 27, 2008 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
Am not into religion anymore.
Sep 27, 2008 5:41 PM
Aug 2007
I am a Christian of the Church of God variety. But I'm not overly religious.

[I also ship Jesus/Mary Magdalene. DRAMA >:3]
Sep 27, 2008 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
the_seventh_l said:
I am a Christian of the Church of God variety. But I'm not overly religious.

[I also ship Jesus/Mary Magdalene. DRAMA >:3]

OHOHOHO The Da Vinci Code came to my mind
sad
Sep 27, 2008 5:48 PM

Aug 2007
Agnostic, but more like "lol@religion."
Sep 27, 2008 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
Catholicism, but lately my belief is ~~~ so so.
Sep 27, 2008 5:58 PM

Mar 2008
I'm a Christian. Don't go to church though. Haven't been to church in like 10-15 years.

I'm not devout either =/. Just simply believe in God.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Sep 27, 2008 6:14 PM
Sep 2007
i'm athiest. i don't really care...and neither should anyone else. :/

my best friend is Jehova Witness and SHE doesn't care. so HAH. xD;; lol
Sep 28, 2008 6:33 AM

Dec 2007
I believe in science. Don't confuse that with atheism though, scientist and atheist are both different things.
Sep 28, 2008 6:38 AM

Nov 2007
I'm a muslim by birth but I'm not really religious. I believe in God, and that's it. Seriously, I didn't expect there to be so many muslins on this site.
amayadoriSep 28, 2008 6:44 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Sep 28, 2008 7:00 AM
Aug 2008
None, I don't really like to involve myself in these things.
Sep 28, 2008 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Roman Catholic. Period.
Sep 28, 2008 7:35 AM

Feb 2008
Ecclectic Wiccan.

And not one of those crazy teenage 'witches' either. My whole family (on my mum's side) is pagan. Interestingly enough my father is Catholic.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (53) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Translate the above user's random english word into your language! v6

Kunii - 9 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
37 seconds ago

» Invest or Reject

DoisacChopper - Yesterday

12 by DoisacChopper »»
1 minute ago

» Rate the anime opening/ending above you v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jul 25, 2021

4459 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
6 minutes ago

» Would you pat or slap the above user? v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Oct 5, 2022

9621 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
8 minutes ago

» Have you played the game above you? v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jul 20, 2021

5775 by PlasticRobot »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.