Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 12, 2012 4:07 AM
Jun 2012
Amazing episode. This show delivers.
Yukarino lol. Looks so much like Kirie but for some reason i find the name kind of funny.

What a scary, horrible and unfair death for poor Yuuko. Dying there all alone inside the darkness while suffering from pain, cold and hunger. Her mind getting cloudy was logical considering the environment she spend her last hours. That's what you get from superstitious, religious, obsessed non logical fearful people like those old dudes. This is why people should learn to think as individuals and never let fear guide them.

ptv said:
Ziafung said:

I hope I' m not the only one who didn't really understand, why she suddenly got angry after looking at the mirror in that shrine. Did Yuuko' s dark side took form through that mirror?

Finally! after reading 3 pages i found someone who noticed that too! I understand that she saw her ruined face covered in blood and it was shocking, but i don't think it would be that big shock to suddenly release her whole hatred and other negative feelings. Is there someone who understands it better or something?

Yeah i noticed that too. I think the anime went a little faster than it should there because from what i got she didn't rely went to that shrine immediately after waking up like it might have seemed but she actually stayed there for a while before pulling herself to the shrine. So between the "is better if i am the one who dies" and looking in the mirror, some good amount of time passed making her panic and fear increase, that resulted in her snapping when seeing the bad shape of her face.

I believe she might even had spend more than a day or two down there because she was obviously suffering from serious hunger and stuff by the end.

Damn, such things wake the male protective instinct in me making me wish i could be there to protect, hug her and kick some old foolish ass.
Jun 12, 2012 4:32 PM

Dec 2010
okay. i admit that i dont like this anime that much, but omg this episode was amazing. it was made so well. the storyboard writer and director of this episode did a really good job!
Jun 12, 2012 5:40 PM

Feb 2012
Wow what an ep. 5/5

Poor Yuuko..
Jun 12, 2012 5:59 PM

Dec 2011
Excellent episode, her memories were so sad :'c
Jun 12, 2012 10:07 PM

Jan 2010
I feel like I've been run over by a truck. This was too grim, and made worse because we know that nothing will save her.

I still have to think about what my score for this episode will be. Maybe I'll need to watch it again first but I don't really feel like doing that right now.

When I think about the first episode, with the playful Yuuko teasing Niiya and Kirie, it is difficult to reconcile the extreme differences within this show.

It was incredibly painful to see her death unfold. I'm hoping that somehow, Yuuko can find redemption.
Jun 13, 2012 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
I'm afraid I'm with the minority on this one. They had to compress too much into 24 minutes and it shows, felt very rushed especially towards the end. I liked the visual depiction though with sometimes showing Niiya. I'm glad Yuuko at least didn't get raped, she suffered more than enough even without that. 3/5.
Jun 13, 2012 4:15 AM

Oct 2011
I was expecting her to be raped and tortured :/ Because one of her flashbacks in one previous episode was she was bondaged. Anyways this is the best episode so far
Jun 13, 2012 5:29 AM

Jan 2011
Best episode so far, I was waiting for a story-centered episode like this for a long time, it seems like next episode will be like this too. Sort of sad this was rushed, a 2-episode long flashback would've been mush better, but this is a 12 episodes long show, so I can't really complain.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 13, 2012 3:43 PM

Dec 2009
Wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be..
Jun 13, 2012 7:54 PM
Aug 2011
Njs_Fluffy said:
Fucking hate those demented elders

I agree.... Like if a pseudo-ritual would cure the desease!!!!!
Jun 14, 2012 4:21 PM

May 2011
God damn those fucking elders, ffs in times of panic they shouldn't go crazy like this. They were acting like what those kids were doing in the earlier episode with the red woman. Damn what they did to Yuuko was just messed up, tricking Asa in saying her name.

Love the way they portrayed this memory with Niiya seeing and feeling everything through Yuuko's eyes. It sure was depressing though knowing that Yuuko was going to end up like that at the end. On a happier note it was cool seeing Yukarino and Niiya going through a full body experience in Yuuko's body must've been nice lol.
Jun 15, 2012 3:53 AM

Feb 2012
I don't know why you all say that Yukariko looks like Kirie, well, she does, but at first I thought it was Yuuko xD
Jun 15, 2012 7:49 AM

Mar 2009
Ozland said:

I don't know why you all say that Yukariko looks like Kirie, well, she does, but at first I thought it was Yuuko xD

They look very alike, however I could see where she looked like Kirie, rather than Yuuko to many people.
She's drawn slightly differently.
I can see that and I'm sure a number of people can.
It's subtle, but there are very slight differences between the way Kirie and Yuuko look.
And therefore between how Yukariko and Yuuko look.
But I don't know how many people actually see the differences.
Mainly it's around the eyes that there's the difference. I think there was one other thing different but I can't think of it ATM off the top of my head.
Jun 15, 2012 9:48 AM
Dec 2007
windeen-windy said:
Ozland said:

They look very alike, however I could see where she looked like Kirie, rather than Yuuko to many people.
She's drawn slightly differently.
I can see that and I'm sure a number of people can.
It's subtle, but there are very slight differences between the way Kirie and Yuuko look.
And therefore between how Yukariko and Yuuko look.
But I don't know how many people actually see the differences.
Mainly it's around the eyes that there's the difference. I think there was one other thing different but I can't think of it ATM off the top of my head.
Yep, it's the eyes. Yuuko and Kyrie look pretty alike with long hair as shown in an earlier episode. But it's the eyes that give them a bit of difference. Their experession is different too.

Jun 15, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2011
The episode was really excelent overall , the story begins to flow well .
Jun 15, 2012 9:45 PM
Jun 2009
BlueKite said:
I was expecting her to be raped and tortured :/ Because one of her flashbacks in one previous episode was she was bondaged. Anyways this is the best episode so far

Same here. I admit that sacrificing her was cruel but the way she is suffering is far beyond just killin. Or at least Shadow's suffering. I was all like "what? that's just it?"
This season is so full of true slice of life. Even if there are ghosts and sacrifice, it's still so common. I mean the sacrificing in almost abandoned villages that are in danger of dying.
The other one is Hyouka, both tell us about 45-60 y/a old stories and they're so full of mysteries in the beginning, yet this is all just real stuff.
Oh well I don't mind the real stuff. It's so original for anime.
That's why I actually liked this episode. It wasn't bullshitting watchers with unbelievable and unrational stuff like the majority does.
Jun 16, 2012 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, awesome episode. Very sad and tragic. Different than I had originally predicted the flashback would go, so that made it interesting. So now Niya knows Yuuko's past. Is he going to try to get Shadow Yuuko to disappear then? I predictable Shadow Yuuko and normal Yuuko will pass on at the end. Probably a very tearful last scene with Yuuko and Niya.
Jun 17, 2012 3:51 AM

May 2011
Spectacular episode. You could really feel the essence of tragedy and pain in this flashback, it is one of the best I have seen in a horror anime. I got the chills. :O
Jun 17, 2012 10:44 AM

Nov 2009
I liked this episode a lot, not only because it explained all those mysterious we've seen until now brilliantly, but also for the creative use of first person perspective to tell the story. It was very well animated and really made you feel like a part of the story. Making Teiichi feel it and using him in certain scenes to make us feel was as clever too. Now that Teiichi knows what happened, I'm curious to see how he is going to save our beloved Yuuko out of this situation.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Jun 19, 2012 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
I was gasping at the sacrifice part. I feel sorry for yuuko. TAT

I almost cried at the end. I knew this anime have potential and there were some times that I wanted to drop this show, glad i didn't.

Awesome direction, animation and the first person view. Empathy at its finest. 5/5 for the episode, raised my score for the series to 9.
Jun 19, 2012 8:06 PM

Aug 2008
Really awesome episode. I was beginning to think this show was going downhill after all the weird and frankly pointless last couple of episodes but this episode renewed my interest in this series. I enjoyed the way they told the story; with Teiichi reliving Yuuko's memories.
Jun 20, 2012 10:01 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty nice episode.
Yuuko was a kind girl and it seemed that her sister liked her allot.
What i don't understand is why her corps never was found i mean her sister and Asa should have known where it was why didn't they look for it why was it in that school for 60 years?
Jun 22, 2012 10:00 AM

Jan 2011
yeah Yuuko was such a good and kind girl, and yet her life ended like that

i was going to decide whether to drop this or not in eps 9, but now will surely see this till the end
Jun 26, 2012 6:44 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, intense episode...
I really sympathize with Shadow Yuuko.. It's human nature to hate someone who killed you, Yuuko-san shouldn't deny her feelings and instead try to forgive.
Jun 26, 2012 11:24 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode, the despair was displayed very well
Jun 30, 2012 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
Well that sure was different, being the eyes that is. xD

Pretty good episode, must suck to feel everything she felt. Gawd...
Jun 30, 2012 10:43 PM

Sep 2008
This episode just further proved that this anime fails because it decided to have comedy and fan service in it.

If it was like this the whole way through, it would have been really awesome.
Jul 7, 2012 5:48 AM

Jan 2010
a horrible story about crazy people who thought that the victim will bring good luck.

sorry for Yuuko, BUT
Of course she is also to blame for death.
she wanted to save her friend from death, but what can you expect from crazy idiots ? ... nothing or other death.
it was obvious.
Jul 18, 2012 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
this ep made me sad..no girl deserve that..well except if shes a total bitch.
and yuuko so kind hearted
Cty Best mid
Jul 19, 2012 2:14 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, this episode really impressed me. Just plain awesomeness, I didn't expect the anime to pull off something this great! I didn't expect it to be possible, but Yuuko's death was even crueler than I had expected... I had thought they would kill her on spot as a sacrifice or something, but to leave her alive there to starve to death... so sad =(
The first person view was very unique, I really liked the way how they pulled it off :) This anime is climbing up on my rankings with each episode

Now I'm looking forward to how they'll cover this in the manga, if at all~
Jul 26, 2012 7:21 AM

Jan 2012
OMG! That epi was one of the bests i ever seen. Yuuko had a horrible and painful death. :/
Aug 16, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
strong fatal frame 2 rip-off...

knew it was a sacrifice from flashback hints from ep 2

strong bipolar disorder at the verge of death as well....

women's gonna women
Oct 5, 2012 4:42 PM

Jun 2012
Well shit, that was pretty damn sad. I havent felt these feels in a while.
Oct 14, 2012 8:09 AM

Mar 2012
wow great ep
Oct 16, 2012 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
Well that sucks, dying like that would probably suck though why nobody came to look for her is a mystery to me. Asa and her sister should have known the general area around where she was... anyways was completely wrong, really thought her younger sister would be at fault somehow for her getting sacrificed.
Jan 24, 2013 7:13 PM

Nov 2011
I think would be a lot more enjoyable for me if the guy wasn't in the background commenting on every little thing. It was a awesome history and brought a lot of insight but the guy commenting on every little thing was really annoying.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 7, 2013 8:21 AM

Apr 2012
Amazing. I know this isn't strictly a horror anime but that was one of the most chilling episodes of anything I've seen in some time! What a cruel way to kill someone.

I'm wondering why her body was just left there too and why Asa or her sister didn't try to find her/her corpse later. Maybe it'll be explained though, but if not I probably won't even mind too much :p
Jun 7, 2013 2:07 PM
Jul 20, 2013 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting.
I read the manga before rewatching this.

Her sister plays a larger role in the manga. Her role is switched with Asa in the anime. The only thing is the way her sister tricks Yuuko into being sacrificed is much more deliberate and painful.

It's told slightly better in the manga, Yuuko's anger is more justified.
Oct 14, 2013 1:56 AM

Jan 2008
Was it Yuuko that was actually chosen or was it bc Asa called her name that does make u wonder though

But other then that it was a good episode finally get to find out what really happened I wonder what the next episode is going to be like on to the next episode.
Oct 20, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2013
MorningGlory said:
ugh... I felt dizzy in FPS mode.

so, she die due to lack of oxygen .

I think she dies cause loss of blood

Nice ep best so far in plot development 5\5

Felt pitiful for yuuko. Dam those bastard wrt are they thinking sacrifices huh? Stupid
Jan 25, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
Sad way to die
Mar 15, 2014 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
Hydnlife said:
No no no no no no no man, come on, i really didnt want to watch this episode, it just left me with a bad, sad and overall horrible feeling, it made me want to cry and i never cry, the she die feeling alone,hungry,broken leg,crying for help,rage and none there help her, she didn't deserve that :'(

FUCKING SCUMBAG ELDER CINE

if you read the manga i know the one you'll hate the most aside the old bastards

i hate them too
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Apr 14, 2014 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
it's kinda weird, for 9 episodes we knew she died, we knew she was a ghost and that something must have happened.

still sucks to see it occur though... weird. Can you imagine watching this without her dying...

a 75 year old grandmother with amnesia walking around in a school uniform hitting on Teiichi.

more importantly, well done Teiichi seeing both sisters bathe together without getting hit anime style (pervy sage)
deplorableApr 14, 2014 3:19 PM
Apr 27, 2014 3:05 PM
Aug 2012
This part was so much better in the manga.
May 13, 2014 8:11 PM

Jun 2011
RediceRyan said:
Interesting.
I read the manga before rewatching this.

Her sister plays a larger role in the manga. Her role is switched with Asa in the anime. The only thing is the way her sister tricks Yuuko into being sacrificed is much more deliberate and painful.

It's told slightly better in the manga, Yuuko's anger is more justified.

I see, now that makes more sense, sigh, the anime should have followed the manga.

Edit: That candy reminds me of Grave of the Fireflies ~.~

Teiichi was quite annoying when he said "I bet you are" for so many times.
ToG25thBaamMay 13, 2014 8:17 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 24, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
Momoe looks a lot like Asa. I wonder if they turn out being relatives. I also find it really weird that they let Asa live after witnessing that (I'm assuming she lived because of the grave they found for yuuko on the hill with the other bell), especially since they chased after Yuuko and her sister for merely overhearing a plan. Someone said earlier that Yuuko was tricked into being the sacrifice in the manga but it didn't seem that way in the anime. It seemed like Asa didn't want Yuuko to be sacrificed, Yuuko was just unlucky enough to stumble over there and switch places with Asa in her non existent plan to save Asa.

Anyway, another good episode. Watching something like that really makes you burn with fury though. I was thinking the sacrifice would be much eviler than that.
appidoMay 24, 2014 1:37 PM
Aug 11, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
Another great episode!
Poor Yuuko...
Feb 28, 2015 2:02 AM

Nov 2013
Wow this episode was awesome! Dark, psychological, and gritty.

Seeing Yuuko beg for her life as she slowly died a painful death was brutal.

Aside from the unneeded comedy during the more fanservicey scenes, this episode was epic!

Intense episode.

9/10 Definitely my favorite one so far.

Jun 8, 2015 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
Surprisingly a good episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.