Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 28, 2012 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
BloodRequiem said:

The first chapter was pretty damn bad.

Is it I-don't-like-genderbent-loli-characters bad, or is it actually just bad? Not a personal attack, I'm actually curious.

Mind you, while the design is greatly uninspired (seriously, they could've given her a better outfit), the concept they used for Jack didn't sound too bad from what I heard. Still if it's really that bad, I would hope that they'd get someone like Urobochi or Nasu to monitor the project.
Oct 28, 2012 9:40 PM

Apr 2012
ronri said:
BloodRequiem said:

The first chapter was pretty damn bad.

Is it I-don't-like-genderbent-loli-characters bad, or is it actually just bad? Not a personal attack, I'm actually curious.

Mind you, while the design is greatly uninspired (seriously, they could've given her a better outfit), the concept they used for Jack didn't sound too bad from what I heard. Still if it's really that bad, I would hope that they'd get someone like Urobochi or Nasu to monitor the project.

Don't know if it's because of the translation but the dialogue was handled very poorly. At times it felt like it was just talking heads. You just don't feel the emotions and the suspense. Reika is also a pretty bland character. The way she just immediately accepted everything about the grail war and the world of magic without many questions just seems unrealistic to me.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 30, 2012 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
FSN anime>>>FSN UBW movie.

I couldn't imagine how F/SN anime is better than F/SN UBW Movie.

Oct 30, 2012 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
I prefer they make tsukihime arc route with a mix of akiha and kohaku route
Oct 30, 2012 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
Sa-chan_ said:
ssjokg said:
FSN anime>>>FSN UBW movie.

I couldn't imagine how F/SN anime is better than F/SN UBW Movie.

The only thing UBW has better than the tv series is the animation.They didnt even animate the fights right in the movie.Also watch the movie without any info about Fate/ and/or the holy grail wars.I doubt you will see the story anywhere. UBW is fights,fights,fights,dolphins,fights .
Oct 30, 2012 5:43 PM

Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
dolphins

LoL
Nov 28, 2012 11:53 AM

May 2009
ufotable's HF opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVKubaZVoTs

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19462321

Looks amazing. Please give the rights to ufotable and let them do their thing.
Nov 28, 2012 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Nov 28, 2012 12:06 PM

May 2009
Totally. I think the song was switched out. I'm guessing it should be the same song as the Fate and UBW openings. Here's the UBW opening in case it hasn't been posted:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19461459
Nov 28, 2012 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:
Totally. I think the song was switched out. I'm guessing it should be the same song as the Fate and UBW openings. Here's the UBW opening in case it hasn't been posted:

Only the part before the FSN logo was posted here.I think the video was from an event.Thanks
Nov 28, 2012 1:48 PM

Apr 2012
stAtic91 said:

O yeah! The game is released today. I totally fapped to dat Ufotable Kojirou.

BloodRequiemNov 28, 2012 2:35 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 28, 2012 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit!!! I want an HF anime now! After seeing that opening I know which route is my favorite.

Kotomine was kick ass and that scene at the end with Rin vs Sakura's shadows... Damn!
Ragna92Nov 28, 2012 2:48 PM
Nov 29, 2012 2:38 AM

Apr 2011
Give Heaven's Feel anime thnxbye
Nov 29, 2012 4:56 PM

May 2009
Here's better quality and the actual song for the HF op: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19465549
Nov 29, 2012 10:44 PM

Apr 2012
stAtic91 said:
Here's better quality and the actual song for the HF op: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19465549

Wow Kadokawa is doing a great job at removing the trailers.
Dec 1, 2012 1:29 AM
Jul 2007
Low quality link for HF OP: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDgxODc2ODM2.html

I gotta say WOW... The HF OP deserves an "I came in my pants" award. Why don't they make it into an OVA or TV series ;_;
eraltergDec 1, 2012 1:42 AM
Dec 3, 2012 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
I think this thread is good enough for posting this here.
From the YT comments in a trailer of the PSvita FSN:
Dear F/SN fans, I don't understand why u guys hate DEEN so much and keep saying there's no FSN Anime and stuff but I still love FSN made by DEEN. Remember the OP disillusion DEEN made? Remember the simple but beautiful ED Anata ga ita mori? Remember the epic ED Hikari which resembles Archer. Remember Saber's last moment with "Kimi to no Ashita"?

continues to this:
To tell the truth, the only thing ufotable wins over DEEN is animation, nothing more. Fate's characters design by Ishihara Megumi is way better than ufortable. They also did a good job in developing characters, especially Saber and Shirou. Just because ufotable did a "well-animated" Fate OP doesn't mean they can do Fate better than DEEN LOL."

Thoughts?
Dec 3, 2012 7:33 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Dear F/SN fans, I don't understand why u guys hate DEEN so much and keep saying there's no FSN Anime and stuff but I still love FSN made by DEEN. Remember the OP disillusion DEEN made? Remember the simple but beautiful ED Anata ga ita mori? Remember the epic ED Hikari which resembles Archer. Remember Saber's last moment with "Kimi to no Ashita"?

continues to this:
To tell the truth, the only thing ufotable wins over DEEN is animation, nothing more. Fate's characters design by Ishihara Megumi is way better than ufortable. They also did a good job in developing characters, especially Saber and Shirou. Just because ufotable did a "well-animated" Fate OP doesn't mean they can do Fate better than DEEN LOL."

Thoughts?

3/10 too obvious
Dec 3, 2012 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

continues to this:

Thoughts?

3/10 too obvious

Maybe he was a troll yeah.But we have seen people liking FSN more than FZ before so...
Dec 3, 2012 7:36 AM

May 2009
I think he's wrong.
Dec 3, 2012 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
Deen isn't satan himself, but I believe Ufotable is better at adapting stories from other media into the anime world. They did an incredible job adapting F/Z light novel, and the only thing that fucked them over big time was the author himself (concerning the Lancelot scene and Gil talk with the grail) - the same can be said with kara no kyoukai.

I like the art and design of Ufotable more too, their style is more gritty and dark, more suitable for stories like F/Z, KnK and Heaven's feel especially which are tragedies and melancholy - Deen is more... I don't know, moe, concerning this.
Dec 3, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2009
I think ufotable's art and character design is absolutely perfect for Type-Moon - as seen in KnK, F/Z and now these F/SN openings. DEEN handled Shirou's character very poorly - I disliked the guy when watching the anime, but playing the VN made me find him interesting and somewhat like him. OP and ED songs do not make an anime so I don't know why he's even bringing that up, but Fate/Zero and KnK had fucking Kalafina so automatic win there.
Dec 3, 2012 8:59 PM

Sep 2011
Heaven's Feel OP (better sound quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbXtniO6ims

Quick! Watch it before it gets taken down. =u=
Dec 4, 2012 2:53 AM

Aug 2009
ronri said:
Heaven's Feel OP (better sound quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbXtniO6ims

6 hours later:

Why do I go to bed during the most important times?
Dec 4, 2012 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:

Well, isn't it great that I managed to save it then? ;)

https://vimeo.com/54855218
Dec 4, 2012 7:27 AM

Aug 2009
ronri said:
ssjokg said:

Thanks for that.
Dec 4, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
ronri said:
ssjokg said:

"Untitled 2" Smart.
Dec 4, 2012 1:50 PM
Jul 2012
ronri said:
ssjokg said:

how the fuck did i not see this already, this is so awesome, and shirou looked pretty badass in the opening.
Dec 12, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2011
Since we're discussing about Heaven's Feel...

On the first 3 panels, when was that? Or maybe I'm missing or forgetting something? o_o

Dec 12, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2009
Sa-chan_ said:
Since we're discussing about Heaven's Feel...

On the first 3 panels, when was that? Or maybe I'm missing or forgetting something? o_o
It was from Carnival Phantasm

Dec 12, 2012 7:50 AM
Nov 2010
They should just remake the UTW movie into a decent one or a full series.
Dec 12, 2012 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
ronri said:

6 hours later:

I dont get why they like to delete videos like this and trailers. Its pretty much a free advertisement for them
The Art of Eight
Jan 12, 2013 10:48 PM
Oct 2012
It would truly be a gift from God if ufotable remade F/SN. I do not believe F/SN has the right to be the sequel to F/Z. F/Z was so amazing - nearly flawless. I would love to see what ufotable would do with the concept.

I think that if it is to be remade, it should throw out a lot of things from the original adaption. F/SN was sone poorly, but the story it portrayed was not that great either. A lot of things about F/SN need to be changed, not just how it was adapted. I am not insulting the visual novel, I am just say that what I saw in the anime was not very good.

Anyway, I would experience sheer ecstasy if this series was remade. We can all only hope I guess.
Jan 12, 2013 11:45 PM

Dec 2012
Time for Ufotable to adapt HF route now. I'm always sadden for all the strategies that Sakura and Kariya have to endure, so I want Sakura to be happy more than any character in Fate. If they decided to make HF, it's going straight to my top 5
Jan 13, 2013 3:35 PM

Apr 2011
Heaven's Feel route + Saber's character arc from Fate + Archer's arc from UBW + ufotable & Kaijura = EPIC WIN. Difficult to pull it off, though.
Jan 13, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
Anything Type-Moon relevant by ufotable is always a good thing; a Fate/Stay Night remake of any route would be pure gold, especially Unlimited Blade Works or Heaven's Feel. Of course, a Tsukihime anime or Mahoutskai no Yora adaptation would still be welcome :)
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jan 14, 2013 6:04 PM

Mar 2011
name93 said:
Heaven's Feel route + Saber's character arc from Fate + Archer's arc from UBW + ufotable & Kaijura = EPIC WIN. Difficult to pull it off, though.

Well, since we already know Saber's backstory from Fate/Zero, all they have to do is market it as a sequel to that (which it is). And they could always have Saber tell Shirou about Kiritsugu on their nightly patrols.

Saber character arc: Check.

As for Archer's arc, yes but not in the way I think you're saying. The way Archer treats Shirou in UBW is much different in Heaven's Feel simply due to the fact that Shirou decided against being an ally of justice on his own. The best thing they could do for Archer is finally give us concrete details on his life when Shirou releases his arm.

Archer character arc: Check.

ufotable and Kajiura are a given. On a personal note I'd like it if they used the original EMIYA in the soundtrack. Besides that, Kajiura can do whatever she wants. :P

The other (infinitely more expensive) option is to adapt all of the routes and give them a season each.
Jan 15, 2013 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
Errol said:
name93 said:

Well, since we already know Saber's backstory from Fate/Zero, all they have to do is market it as a sequel to that (which it is). And they could always have Saber tell Shirou about Kiritsugu on their nightly patrols.

I was talking about Saber's character arc from the Fate route. It's the second half of an arc that started in Zero. Or do you think fans will be fine with her being reduced to a plot device with two and a half scenes, whose only purpose is to allow Shirou to symbolically kill his ideals? Saber Alter may be cool, but there is zero character development for her there. In other words, she's redundant.

People seem to forget that, regardless of the similarity in tone, Fate/Zero is NOT a prequel to Heaven's Feel. It's a prequel to Fate/Stay Night ( as in, the WHOLE of F/SN ). If you want to create a sequel to F/Z, it has to fuse elements from all three routes. Otherwise the story is as incomplete as DEEN's adaptation, only with better production values if ufotable and Kaijura are on board.
Jan 15, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2011
name93 said:

I was talking about Saber's character arc from the Fate route. It's the second half of an arc that started in Zero. Or do you think fans will be fine with her being reduced to a plot device with two and a half scenes, whose only purpose is to allow Shirou to symbolically kill his ideals? Saber Alter may be cool, but there is zero character development for her there. In other words, she's redundant.

People seem to forget that, regardless of the similarity in tone, Fate/Zero is NOT a prequel to Heaven's Feel. It's a prequel to Fate/Stay Night ( as in, the WHOLE of F/SN ). If you want to create a sequel to F/Z, it has to fuse elements from all three routes. Otherwise the story is as incomplete as DEEN's adaptation, only with better production values if ufotable and Kaijura are on board.

This is actually true, which brings me to your previous point:
name93 said:

This, I totally agree with. This is the only way an anime of F/SN could work as a proper sequel to the F/Z anime. Doing Heaven's Feel on its own just won't be enough, as a lot of character development for Saber and Shirou are in Fate and UBW respectively.

Sure you'd have to make adjustments in Shirou's transitioning from his UBW mindset to his Heaven's Feel one, but I think it's necessary considering how a lack of proper exploration in Archer's character just lessens his impact as well as Shirou's.

Now this is just me, but in regards to Saber, they could use her character development from Fate while still allowing her to die as Saber Alter. It'd be interesting in the way that it could feel more in line with F/Z. Giving her a tragic death like that could even be twisted into something that's almost reflective of Lancelot, in that only through a violent struggle (being possessed by Sakura) and dying that way could she finally realize her mistakes while finding some form of inner contentment of her rule as a king. Heck throw in the Fate ending as a sort of "vision" of realization in her last moments to give a bittersweet touch to her ending.
ronriJan 15, 2013 8:31 AM
Jan 15, 2013 9:42 PM

Mar 2011
name93 said:
Errol said:
name93 said:

Of course I don't think fans will be satisfied with that. I'm also well aware of everything you mentioned. I just believe that if ufotable were to animate any part of F/SN, it would be Heaven's Feel and Heaven's Feel only. And if we're going to a create a good adaptation of that route, fusing major elements of all three routes is NOT the greatest idea. Especially considering that's exactly what DEEN did.

Its not just difficult to pull off, but if you want a cohesive story, its damn near impossible regardless of how complete it may be. That's not to say that having some elements from the other routes isn't a good thing. Hell, I'm all for having servants backgrounds touched upon somehow. I just don't believe having something as massive as Saber's arc from the Fate route covered in its entirety as possible if we want the story flow as smoothly as possible.
Jan 19, 2013 5:44 AM

Apr 2011
Errol said:
Of course I don't think fans will be satisfied with that. I'm also well aware of everything you mentioned. I just believe that if ufotable were to animate any part of F/SN, it would be Heaven's Feel and Heaven's Feel only. And if we're going to a create a good adaptation of that route, fusing major elements of all three routes is NOT the greatest idea. Especially considering that's exactly what DEEN did.

Its not just difficult to pull off, but if you want a cohesive story, its damn near impossible regardless of how complete it may be. That's not to say that having some elements from the other routes isn't a good thing. Hell, I'm all for having servants backgrounds touched upon somehow. I just don't believe having something as massive as Saber's arc from the Fate route covered in its entirety as possible if we want the story flow as smoothly as possible.

Going for a straight, word-for-word adaptation of HF would be making the same mistake as DEEN, if not worse.
F/SN anime was as mediocre as it is because it only adapted one third of the whole story. Sure, they tried to tie up a few loose ends and character arcs by putting some elements from UBW and HF routes, but the effort was very lackluster and they put little thought into how well it integrated with the rest of the story, resulting in that abysmal Caster Arc. The mistake was in the approach and execution, not the underlying intent.

The problem with a possible adaptation of HF is that it doesn't stand on its own. It does ultimately resolve the plot and a number of characters who were brushed aside in the previous two routes get the deserved screentime, but it won't add up on its own, and it most definitely won't work as a proper sequel to F/Z, despite the similarity in tone and themes.
The emotional impact of HF relies a lot on the things that were already established in the previous two routes. Sure, lots of plot elements and the setting has been already covered by F/Z, but there's still plenty of groundwork for both the story and characters in HF that were only covered in Fate and UBW.

HF focuses on Shirou, Sakura, Zouken and Kotomine at the expense of almost everyone else, including some pretty major characters like Saber and Archer. Saber in particular is a tricky problem to solve since she's the face of the franchise and has already been established as one of the main characters by F/Z. The game could afford to relegate her to a plot device with only a handful of scenes in HF route, because she already had her story told in the Fate route. Since we already saw her "real" story, we accepted her diminished and different role in other routes, and it allowed the writer to give the same character different roles and incarnations - hence her name "Saber Alter" in HF.

A sequel to F/Z does not have the luxury of a multi-branch game like F/SN. It can't afford, from a purely narrative perspective, to dump a few major characters for the sake of others and to not conclude their character arcs. I may be focusing on Saber a lot here, but that's primarily because she's the only major character who gets the stick in HF. Everyone's story is solved at the expense of hers and this is a real narrative problem.

And like I said, it's not just her - one of the main reasons why casual fans really loved F/Z and loathed F/SN is because Zero gave equal ( well, proportional ) focus to ALL of the characters. In each route of F/SN, we only get to really know a couple of characters ( with the exception of Shirou and Rin, who are pretty much constantly present ), while Zero managed to balance its large cast of characters brilliantly, and it's a singular, linear story. Servants in particular were a strong point of Zero ( three kings FTW! 'zerker in his awesomness! insane but lovable Caster! ), along with the great rivalry between Kirei and Kiritsugu and several really loveable characters like Iri and Waver.

The point is, a proper sequel for Zero must have that same balance. Kiritsugu was more or less the main character in Zero, but he wasn't as omnipresent as Shirou is in F/SN. SN has an equally large cast, and while none match the awesomeness of Rider, they all deserve proper screentime and the recurring characters from Zero ( primarily Saber and Gilgamesh ) need to have their arcs properly concluded.
All of this requires massive re-writing of the original VN, a creation of a "Super-route".
ALL three routes are equally worthy, and while I agree that HF provides the best "meat" for a sequel, UBW and Fate cannot be ignored, and all routes have something worthwhile to add in regards to both character development, plot and the substance of the story.

Sure, hardcore F/SN fans will piss their pants out of happiness even if ufotable only strictly adapt HF route, but then again, it's not the hardcore fans that the studio will target if they make a sequel. Readers of the VN constitute a minority of the total viewership, especially since F/Z was immensely more popular than F/SN anime by DEEN, and there's a sizable number of people who only ever watched Zero and aren't interested in either the F/SN anime ( since they heard it's crap ) or in the VN.
Hardcore fans will watch ANYTHING ufotable bring to the table ( see what I did there? ), so the studio should focus on satisfying the entirety of the fanbase and even add some more, which can only be achieved with a PROPER sequel that covers F/SN in its entirety.
In the end, ufotable are a company, and while they might not be greedy bastards and actually care about the quality of their products, they still have to take money into account and balance between the money they invest into the budget and the expected profit from the distribution. More profit = more money for future endeavours. And a "super-route" approach promises greater returns than a fan-pandering adaptation of HF only.
Jan 19, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
The thing is that it's impossible to make an anime that can cover all 3 routes.
Jan 19, 2013 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
Ragna92 said:
The thing is that it's impossible to make an anime that can cover all 3 routes.

"Glory lies over the horizon. Challenge it because it's unreachable".
I'd rather see them try and fail miserably than not try at all.
Jan 19, 2013 1:37 PM

Mar 2011
Ya know, all of these possible problems could be easily solved if adapting all three of the routes and giving them a cour each wasn't so goddamn expensive.
ErrolJan 19, 2013 1:41 PM
Jan 19, 2013 1:40 PM

Apr 2011
Errol said:
Ya know, all of these possible problems could be easily solved if adapting all three routes and giving them a cour each wasn't so goddamn expensive.

Maybe if all the fans chipped in...? :D
Dammit, where's Gil's treasury when we need it the most?!
Jan 19, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
name93 said:
Errol said:
Ya know, all of these possible problems could be easily solved if adapting all three routes and giving them a cour each wasn't so goddamn expensive.

Maybe if all the fans chipped in...? :D
Dammit, where's Gil's treasury when we need it the most?!

Take my bank account ufotable. JUST TAKE IT!
Jan 19, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2011
Jan 19, 2013 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
@name93

Oh wow, props for the write-up. Good post is good. I read all of it, and you pretty much outlined in detail as to how I feel as well as what would make sense for Ufotable to do should they ever decide on making a "sequel" anime to F/Z.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.