Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone!? Will there be a new season of Sekirei and Highschool DxD, I must know.

New
Jun 9, 2012 11:13 AM

Apr 2012
Yeah, as the title says, is there any new information regarding if there will be a second (for Highschool) and third (for Sekirei) season?

I've heard that the Blu-ray for Highschool sold pretty well but...So I thought, let's ask MyAnimeList.net, surely they will help me...right..?...right? ;_;
Pjupp doesn't do signatures, but if he would they would probably be the best signatures in the world.
Jun 9, 2012 11:45 AM
May 2012
no. i searched and didn't find anything
Jun 9, 2012 11:53 AM

Mar 2012
Not sure.
If you look at whether there is enough material from the authors you may be able to judge whether another season could be made.
Sekirei pure engagement really didn't follow the manga as much as it could have. Don't know how they'll pull off another season.
Jun 9, 2012 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
EsPwnage said:
Not sure.
If you look at whether there is enough material from the authors you may be able to judge whether another season could be made.
Sekirei pure engagement really didn't follow the manga as much as it could have. Don't know how they'll pull off another season.

Tho it hasn't ended thy full history, so it would feel weird if they didn't continue. Sekirei is for me one of the good harems cause the main person isn't useless.. also..Ku-chan <3
Pjupp doesn't do signatures, but if he would they would probably be the best signatures in the world.
Jun 9, 2012 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
I've seen some harems/romance which have lasted 2 seasons at best 3 if they are really lucky. Mind you I haven't watched a lot of anime. There is a chance of new season two happen but that would take time and if they did start something they would not necessarily announce it straight away. Usually OVA's and specials are made to accompany the volume releases and those usually come prior to any new season. It's dependent on how the sales in Japan go and whether people like it enough for another season to be made. I'm certain lots of people if not everybody knows this and mentioned it.
Jun 9, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
no new news on sekirei season 3, but it is bound to happen.

btw, anyone know when highschool DxD is going to get dubbed?
Jun 9, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2010
Hopefully Highschool DxD will get an S2. Surprisingly good for something I thought would focus on ecchi. Also @Shuhan, probably not.
Jun 9, 2012 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
Shuhan said:

Fair chance, since FUNimation acquired it and all. And FUNi almost ALWAYS does dubs of series.

Anyways, we'll just have to wait until BD/DVD sales come out. Hopefully DxD sells good, I'd like another season. It's like glorified hentai with actual plot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2012 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
If the sales are good enough.
Jun 9, 2012 4:51 PM

Mar 2012
Sekirei S2 had a light cliffhanger as ending and it said to be continued, so it is likely just not any time soon.

As for Highschool DxD, just started watching it so don't know.
Jun 9, 2012 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
Don't think so.
Jun 9, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2008
If their sales were good then it's likely. Both their mangas/light novels or whatever is still ongoing aren't they?

With that said, the ugly part of the industry shows itself when I'm still waiting for a full metal panic season, d.gray-man season, kaze no stigma season and etc. that'll likely never hit the screen.
Jun 9, 2012 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
Last I checked Highschool DxD sold about 9.1k combined DVD/BD sales for Vol. 1. Not sure about the rest. However, if later volumes can average atleast 8k combined I don't see why not. Though I think if its light novel source material gets a boost that could also green light a next season.

I myself hope it will since I enjoyed it. Highschool DxD and Haganai need season 2s!
Jun 9, 2012 9:53 PM

Jun 2012
Kurano said:
Shuhan said:

Fair chance, since FUNimation acquired it and all. And FUNi almost ALWAYS does dubs of series.

Anyways, we'll just have to wait until BD/DVD sales come out. Hopefully DxD sells good, I'd like another season. It's like glorified hentai with actual plot

didnt realize funimation acquired it, thanks. hopefully it does get dubbed
Jun 10, 2012 12:14 AM

Jul 2010
still waiting on sekirei season 3 :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

25 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

42 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
9 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

70 by PostMahouShoujo »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

21 by Vendicator »»
13 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

17 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.