Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2012 10:25 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jun and Yurika were cute~
Damn this show, so good :')

Also, nice session :>
Jun 7, 2012 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
This is definitely the top show this season for me. This year so far, even.
Jun 7, 2012 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
This was such an exceptional episode!

The Jun and Yurika moments were quite emotionally beautiful. I'm also glad the potential love triangle mess was dealt with rather quickly.

That jazz session was fantastic! The musical arrangement throughout the episode was as thoroughly fantastic as it's ever been. Most scenes were accompanied with some terrific musical selections that really sold the emotion.

Show of the year for me, and it's not even close.
Jun 7, 2012 10:48 AM

Jun 2011
This is now one of my favorites!
Jun 7, 2012 10:58 AM
Apr 2011
They really did use Four.
Jun 7, 2012 11:01 AM
Jan 2012
When the train doors were closing I literally half-sat/half-jumped in my chair, smacking my legs as I screamed "DO IT!" a bunch of times. And oh did he do it. My fists raised into the air I declared a loud "YES" for my neighbours to hear. Best moment so far. I kind of have a feeling Yurika cutting Jun's hair won't be her first priority.. ;)

The gloves under the cover was a nice finish, with the icing on the cake being Kaoru's baffled "huh".
Jun 7, 2012 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad Yurika is gone, I never liked her character.
Jun 7, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2009
This is the first ever show that made me cry out of happiness...!

How my heart thumped when Jun grabbed Yurika.. Oh, their love is so beautiful! I'm SO GLAD he saved her. :') SO Happy!! They totally are made for each other. Love that waist-hug! ^_^

Yurika is so good. :) Haha! She was amazing when she felt rebellious even in front of Ri'ko. She totally hates the rich-and-proper image that she has to carry for the sake of her family. GO Yurika!! ^_^ Love her!!

I kinda knew Ri'ko would settle on seeing Sen as more of a brother than one whom she would want to marry. Childhood dreams grow old and you realise you're more family than separate. :) YAY for Kaoru!!
Dammit I SO wanna see his expression!! =D Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next!! I hope they show his face. :P

I wish I could rate this show way more than 10. :))

_____

AAAhahahaaha!!
I just noticed that the scene with Yurika and Jun is so off once he gets on the train!! :))
With the train to the right of the platform, Jun enters while Yurika hides on our side of the pillar with her parents coming from behind her. Then Jun sees her through the window which should have been the door. So the doors were closed? Plus, Yurika is now leaning on the other side of the pillar, i.e. facing her parents!
The scene continuity is disturbing. They should have at least showed her switching sides or him walking to another compartment if that was the case. He runs out in the opposite direction too! :))) Ah! It's irking me! Lol!

Update: Ah! So it is a reflection on the opposite door's window! Thanks Dinamet7!
KundaliniJun 8, 2012 1:58 AM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 7, 2012 11:25 AM

Nov 2007
Nobu's character became such a funny character.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 7, 2012 11:28 AM

Oct 2010
onzeedge said:
I kind of have a feeling Yurika cutting Jun's hair won't be her first priority.. ;)

Lol, same here~

Yurika totally bought me with that digging through garbage :D
Jun 7, 2012 11:30 AM

Mar 2008
THIS SHOW.
THESE FEELINGS.
sdfghyujkkjhggfsdfg.
Quite possibly my favorite show of the year so far.
Jun 7, 2012 11:38 AM

Aug 2008
I'm so happy! I love how every character gather their courage to make a difference in their life and to move on! :')

And that mushroom hair guy is way too weird, why dress like this? XD
Jun 7, 2012 11:38 AM

Nov 2009
That means to be in love! Wanting to be close to your love! Mostly physically! Yup, that's what love is and Yurika didn't care about those people listening to them at the station.

I SCREAMED!!! "TAKE HER, DAMN IT!!!"
Bravo, Junichi!!! An exceptional scene - Jun hearing what will happen to her... looking at the window... Yurika turning to face him with tears in her eyes... OH MY GOD!

5/5
Jun 7, 2012 11:42 AM
Jun 2012
I just made an account so I can join in on the Apollon praise.

Favorite anime of the year. Sakmichi no Apollon has reminded me why I watch anime in the first place. If only all romance anime were like this...

Enough praise though. I'm worried that Sen's gonna end up alone by the end of the series. I know it's not Yurika's fault, but COME ON. Did they really have to screw Sen over that badly?
Jun 7, 2012 11:56 AM

Sep 2009
loved the jazz brawl!

SO MANY TEARS at the end of this episode <3 This is the first show in a while I ranked 10 before it ends (usually I wait to make sure the ending doesn't off-put the ranking of a 10!)
Jun 7, 2012 12:02 PM

Apr 2008
Oh wow, Jun dragger her into the train :D

Cute and nice ep.

Jun 7, 2012 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Kind of disappointed in how it turned out, poor Sentarou ;_________;
Jun 7, 2012 12:23 PM
Apr 2010
undercoverotaku said:
I just made an account so I can join in on the Apollon praise.

Favorite anime of the year. Sakmichi no Apollon has reminded me why I watch anime in the first place. If only all romance anime were like this...

Yeah I gotta say, I'm not much of a fan of love triangles or romance anime in general because of how cheesy/corny it tends to get, but this series is handling it decently imo.
Jun 7, 2012 12:23 PM

Feb 2012
Holy crap, Jun really did take Yurika with him, one second later and the door would've shut down. So, happy end for them (we don't know how it's going to work out for them, though) and one couple is done.

"I'll have you cut my hair" MY ASS when you tell us earlier that they didn't have sex.

Ritsuko is quite indecisive but looks like Kaoru is now the one she is going for, the question is if Kaoru will accept her after all that happened and what might happen.

What's with Sen then if Kaoru and Ritsuko get together? Don't you dare let him be alone or unhappy!

Seriously, Matsuoka the stupid fang guy needs to disappear, he is so out of place.
Jun 7, 2012 12:32 PM

Dec 2007
Why so beautiful, anime?
Jun 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2010
OMG THAT EPISODE.. WAS SO FREAKING GOOD.
fangirling forever
Jun 7, 2012 1:03 PM

Jul 2011
My heart was beating so fast when Jun took her with him. And those gloves at the end!
What am I going to do with my life when this ends? There are only 2 episodes left.
Jun 7, 2012 1:11 PM

Oct 2011
I say... it was predictable.
Things between Ritsuko and Sen for one.
Also that Yurika will rather go with Jun.
So no surprise that it ended like this - what I liked was that those matters were solved that quickly. Nothing like 2 episodes of waiting and some doubts?! Come on!
But this was really good, I approve :)

What will Kaoru do :D will he remain in his emo-mode or move forward - probably also the second but how much time it will take.
Dalek-bakaJun 7, 2012 2:16 PM
Jun 7, 2012 1:35 PM

May 2012
I expected the jamming session part. It seems that it is their way of making up [just like the last time between Sen and Kaoru at school] and it was really nice..

At first, I was happy that Jun will be going to Tokyo and never coming back. At least, maybe Sen will have a chance with Yurika. But Jun suddenly took her. And I was, "what will happen now with Sen??!?!"... Poor Sen. I hope they will pair another character for him..

But the cutest of all is the gloves part at the end. The "Huh?" part was so cute they should have showed Kaoru's face.. :)

Jun 7, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Such a beautiful episode :') I'm in heaven~~~
I just love Jun and Yurika..
Jun 7, 2012 1:59 PM
Oct 2010
fishergirl16 said:
Such a beautiful episode :') I'm in heaven~~~
I just love Jun and Yurika..
This exactly... Damn, that almost made me cry.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 7, 2012 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
EdenBaggins said:
My heart was beating so fast when Jun took her with him. And those gloves at the end!
What am I going to do with my life when this ends? There are only 2 episodes left.

Source?
AnimeNewsNetwork?
The 12 episodes they mention is what they know for sure that it'll have, doesn't mean it won't have more ;)

And this anime can always get a second season.

Jun 7, 2012 2:32 PM
Aug 2011
It's okay Sen cause you've got me. ~___~

But really though...I look like a freaking idiot when i'm watching this.
I make all kinds of weird ass smiles and idk what else.

@Des: There's basically no more material left for a second season.
standJun 7, 2012 3:01 PM
Jun 7, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2011
JUN! My heart was beating so fast! I was like, "JUN GO TO HER!!!" Sigh... now they will do more stuff once they reach Tokyo. The hair will probably be long for another night. I don't mind. I like his hair. :3

And Kaoru x Riko! Yes? Don't do something stupid Kaoru! And lol he -slapped- Sen, and Sen was chill with it.

Only thing I'm worried about is that Sen will be lonely. D:

parfaited said:

But really though...I look like a freaking idiot when i'm watching this.
I make all kinds of weird ass smiles and idk what else.

This.
MirorinJun 7, 2012 3:26 PM
Jun 7, 2012 3:31 PM

Jan 2012
Yurika left with Jun. Now that was unexpected. Ritsuko finally going for Kaoru. The episode was very beautiful. Looking forward to next one.

Jun 7, 2012 4:29 PM

Jun 2008
Jun you´re the best!

Sen...T_T

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 7, 2012 4:36 PM
Dec 2008
This episode was as close to perfection as it could be. Definitely the best episode yet.

The jun and Yurika story ended perfectly. I'm glad he did take her at the end. The Jam challenge was awesome and it seems Ritsuko and Kaoru will get a good ending :D

This is one of the top animes i've seen.
Jun 7, 2012 4:37 PM
Mar 2009
I loved this episode, I just hope that the ending to this anime is good!
Jun 7, 2012 4:45 PM

May 2012
I.... JUST LOVE THIS!! >___<

Jun 7, 2012 4:59 PM

Apr 2012
Finally, Junichi and Yurika's relationship taking another step forward. The train station scene was so cute. That sudden realization hitting Junichi, perfect~
The surprise gift for Kaore, I'm glad that Riko finally made up her mind!

黒子のバスケ, こうすけ@ついった
Jun 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Jan 2012
Well it seems that all of the love triangles were broken in this episode. Which is a good thing. Great episode next up is Ritsuko and Kaoru, but I wonder will Sentarou be the only one by himself?
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Jun 7, 2012 5:13 PM

Jan 2008
Jesus fucking christ. I loved how much Ri'ko spoke in this episode. I fucking love Kansai inflections. Ri'ko's voice combined with Kansai inflections induces ASMR in me, I swear it. Particularly in the scene with Kaoru in the park. I shivered.
Jun 7, 2012 5:32 PM

Jun 2010
Sentarou forever alone :(
Jun 7, 2012 5:46 PM

May 2008
Is that a pair of gloves i see ! Also its okay Sen your still only in high school , got a lot of chances to get with girls ;D. Ah yes love what a beautiful sight !

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 7, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2008
Kundalini said:

I just noticed that the scene with Yurika and Jun is so off once he gets on the train!! :))
With the train to the right of the platform, Jun enters while Yurika hides on our side of the pillar with her parents coming from behind her. Then Jun sees her through the window which should have been the door. So the doors were closed? Plus, Yurika is now leaning on the other side of the pillar, i.e. facing her parents!
The scene continuity is disturbing. They should have at least showed her switching sides or him walking to another compartment if that was the case. He runs out in the opposite direction too! :))) Ah! It's irking me! Lol!

I might be wrong because I was confused by this at first too, but I think he might have been watching her reflection on the other window on the opposite side of the train. The doors would have been closed on that side and it would explain how he could grab her and why she would look like she was backwards. She should have appeared smaller in a window's reflection though haha!
Jun 7, 2012 6:22 PM

Jun 2009
OHMYGOD, so many feels. I don't know what to say ; w ;
This episode was perfect.
Jun 7, 2012 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
Why is it that the characters i disliked made me happy when the got to be together?

such a beautiful episode. and yay! kaoru x ritsuko finally.

As for Sen, their class is full of bishoujos so he will have his spring. he is still an immature all muscle and no brains so he is okay being alone for the time being. better start picking up fights :D

5/5. So sad that only 2 episodes remain. Loved every episode since the second episode! One of the best ongoing shows right now alongside Tsuritama. It's been quite sometime when 2 noitaminA shows ruled an anime season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 7, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
Nice episode! Pretty touching at the end.
Jun 7, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2007
That short "eh" from Bon made the episode. It was a perfect dénouement and cliffhanger combo.
Apple bunnies and takoweiners save our souls.
Jun 7, 2012 7:34 PM

Dec 2006
Ok I have a better opinion of Yurika now, I think of jun-ni and yurika as a cute couple but finally with they out of the way I hope to watch more of rit-chan and Bon <3

Wonderful episode as always~
Jun 7, 2012 7:41 PM

Oct 2011
D2Synua said:
Kind of disappointed in how it turned out, poor Sentarou ;_________;

yes! SOMBODY agrees! serisoly!> i want SEN to have sombody to love Q_Q but i also want richie to have sombody!!!!!! this episode was good.EXEPT THE END MADE ME SCREAM HORAIBLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE JUN ANDD YURIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4/5
Jun 7, 2012 9:10 PM

May 2011
I liked how Richie and Ri-chan were sitting on the bench watching that couple kiss. Which was also the same place where Richie first kissed her, last year during the holidays.

Hooray Ri-chan you're finally honest with your feelings. Furthermore, realized you were in the wrong getting mad at Richie, and noticed how much he's supported and been there for you from the beginning :)

I think once Richie sees Ri-chan he's gonna cry of happiness, shoot I would if a girl made gloves for me, and chose me instead of another guy.
Mr_DaftPunkJun 7, 2012 9:16 PM

Jun 7, 2012 9:39 PM

Apr 2011
By far my favorite anime this year <3
Jun 7, 2012 11:02 PM

Aug 2011
one of the best battle I've seen by far imo.

great emotional episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2012 11:10 PM

Feb 2012
I have very mixed feelings about Jun and Yurika finally getting together. While I’m glad they both found love, I think they threw away too much to get it. Yurika is dropping out of high school and it doesn’t look like Jun can support both of them. They are setting themselves of for a life of tragedy and regret and I just don’t see a happy ending with those two. I do sympathize with Yurika because she was stuck between a rock and a hard place, but at least she could have waited until she graduated to run away.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jun 28, 2012

462 by Nebbby312 »»
Apr 12, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dltd - May 24, 2012

253 by defaulticus »»
Apr 9, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.