Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 9, 2008 11:47 PM

Jul 2007
Pointless anime: 4/10. I'm wondering if it was good enough to deserve a second season. Rito needs to hurry up and decide on something.
Nov 10, 2008 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Finally finished this cursed show, WS FTW. It had some fun moments but ultimately poor direction and awful fillers almost destroyed it. The second season will probably never come and I'm not sure I want it to. We'll never get a decision from Rito anyway, sort of like how School Rumble will never have a real ending. Bad, bad manga authors.

I'm still giving it 7/10, since it was lighthearted enough and didn't take itself seriously. Also, Tomatsu Haruka (Lala & Nagi) is easily worth 1 point.

Actually it might end.........the manga is to be stopped so maybe the author will end it. WHO KNOWS YET.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 10, 2008 12:32 PM

Oct 2008
I, too, watched this series recently in its entirety. I think it seemed somewhat good/decent, but ended up being boring and stupid as fuck due to the fillers and poor ecchi. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of blatantly riduculous amounts of fanservice/ecchi, when done the right way - but this sucked).

Also, Rito is up there in my "most annoying indecisive half-assed male leads" -list.

I gave this show a 6/10, which is kind of generous as well.
Nov 11, 2008 10:18 PM

Aug 2008
the 2 mega fillers pretty much killed it and the end devopled kinda fast lol, good ending though 9/10
lol
Nov 18, 2008 12:23 PM

Oct 2008
Why oh why good gods this show did not end like DearS? Or better, Kanokon?!
DearS were cut in half of manga, but ending is coherent and definitive = good ending for me.
Kanokon - well, girlfriend + mistress = good ending for me.
Even Shuffle had definite ending. This really suck. The problem is, that in reality many people are indecisive as well, that's not a fiction...
I'm afraid that probable 2nd season will be like School Rumble = nothing interesting in part of development of feelings.
I really hoped that Sairenji would turn out to be an alien or sth like that and only option for Rito would be Lala...
Anyway, he is indecisive fool, should burn in hell!

Nov 18, 2008 6:55 PM

May 2008
Kanokon was a royal waste of time, better luck finding what you get in that anime at various websites that I cannot post due to content violations. I still gave it a 6 tho, but thats cause every anime i see all the way through never gets below a 5 in my opinion
Nov 21, 2008 3:01 AM

Oct 2007
People can say what I want but I liked this show and I liked the ending. And just to clear things up:

Haruna>Lala anytime ^_^

8/10

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Nov 21, 2008 6:06 PM

May 2008
Smasher said:
People can say what I want but I liked this show and I liked the ending. And just to clear things up:

Haruna>Lala anytime ^_^

8/10

yay kyou, I love your sig
Nov 28, 2008 1:08 PM

Mar 2008

Overall, I rate the series 7 / 10!

I think the music class, the animation is good but the story is not succeeded!
Dec 8, 2008 9:34 PM

Jul 2008
on the post
i scanned a few words and rito was included in a bunch of them xD
i was dissapointed
there was no storyline and then, Boom
major fail
Dec 10, 2008 8:36 AM

Mar 2008
I love or Crazy for end
Socer : 8,9/10 ^_^
Dec 22, 2008 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
I was planning to give this series a 6 or even lower, but this episode totally redeemed the series. Not quite fond of the half-assed ending though.

Jan 5, 2009 9:53 PM

Nov 2007

gRr,, its all ecchi.. *sigh! i hoped for the final episodes to be serious., gRr.. and at the ending., i dont reaLLy know if he loves haruna more or lala.. but it seems its stiLL haruna..
*sigh! i like haruna ., demo love lala toO., and i want her to end up with ritO.. :(

.. i wonder what wiLL be the story of ova..
Jan 5, 2009 9:53 PM

Nov 2007

gRr,, its all ecchi.. *sigh! i hoped for the final episodes to be serious., gRr.. and at the ending., i dont reaLLy know if he loves haruna more or lala.. but it seems its stiLL haruna..
*sigh! i like haruna ., demo love lala toO., and i want her to end up with ritO.. :(

.. i wonder what wiLL be the story of ova..
Feb 5, 2009 12:19 PM

Nov 2007
omg, I actually thought her invention had worked!!! xO;;;;;
Feb 18, 2009 12:52 AM
Feb 2009
why is lala bettter? i liked her cause she was crazy!!
but i liked sarienji (how ever u spell her name) more for sonereason h, though lala was the main charecter n alot sexier.
i still had a preference towards sarenji's innocent cuteness for some reason.
now i was alway left in the dark who rito was gonna be with in the end casue they always were tied on pregression lala was persistant.
sarenji was his secret crush all along.
and the ending to this was fing stupid. it resolved nothing. n made the devilukes look weak as hell if some humans could pass taht all they used was plants.
does the manga go further then this??
anyways heres a solution to problem the problem of this whole ending.
HAVE IT BE SOME WEIRD ALIEND CUSTOM THAT THE GROOM CAN HAVE TO BRIDES!!!!!!!! THEN HE CAN MERRY BOTH!!!!!!!!!!! N MAKE BOTH THE GIRLS DOWN WITH THAT!! BAM END OF PROBLEM!!
now end that with some good anime scenes n story n we can all be happy
Mar 9, 2009 4:39 AM

Jan 2009
Finally the end, all undefined >.< if it were an anime of 13 episodes would have been much better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2009 4:56 PM

Jul 2008
I'm not really disappointed with this ending because it was pretty obvious that it was going to be an open ending. But I was hoping I was wrong and Rito would at least chose, regardless of who it was. Hopefully they make another series where he chooses, but that seems highly unlikely. It was still all worth it just for Lala.
Apr 7, 2009 4:37 PM

Aug 2007
I give the series a 6 out of 10 overall, which is pretty good considering the ass-load of fillers they had in the middle of the series.

For this episode, if they make a second series, I'll give it an 8.

If they don't, I'll give it a 3.

I like open endings but only when they have a reason to be open. To end it here would mean that we're back to god damn episode 1, meaning the story was originally leading nowhere. I haven't read the manga, but usually the storyline goes a bit further than the anime, so here's hoping for a second series.

P.S. Lets just hope the second series isn't like Girls Bravo.

Jon
Apr 8, 2009 12:40 AM
Apr 2009
are they making a season 2 for it? I dont dislike the movie but.. they made the story a little different from manga.. im hoping for season 2.. i think they're just waiting for manga to finish before making a movie..
Apr 14, 2009 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
I was actually abit suprised about the ending.
I did indeed think Rito and Lala would end up together until I was about halfway in the last episode.
Even though it did not give you a clear picture about it,you can somewhat still kinda tell that he most problably end up with Sairenji. To bad all I can see is the OVA's,which got a different story it seems. still giving this anime 8/10.
entertaining indeed,as well as well made.
Apr 15, 2009 5:55 PM
Jul 2008
Disappointing ending... although the parts with the friends helping was pretty decent. Ending was just horrible, and the invention failing was predictable. Hopefully they make a 2nd season of this
May 10, 2009 2:21 AM

Aug 2008
Another failure of an ending. Another failure at romance. In 95% of situations like these, the main character always chooses the Lala character over the Haruna character or something happens where he doesn't have to choose at all and romance isn't concluded because the creators know the main character SHOULD be with the Haruna character but how could they possibly choose her over someone as spry, physically endowed and pink-haired like the Lala character?

It's such a shame - what a dreadful conclusion to a funny and often-times romantic series. Why can't the Japanese ever have the balls to say, "you know what? Haruna is a total sweetheart. Rito's been in love with this girl for who knows how long. Why should the bouncy alien get her? Let's have a meant-to-be happy ending this time, instead of rediculous deux ex machina."

So sad. Oh well. Chalk this up to a total failure like so many others and move on to the next in the hopes they get it right this time around.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Aug 19, 2009 5:02 AM
May 2009
Ep 1-23,5 was pretty much a parody of everything that happens in the last two episodes.

Every time something "dramatic" happens you can be sure that a few seconds later some funny scene destroys the drama. e.g.: Lala goes away to improve her cooking skills and Rito grieves about his harsh words towards her? Bam, Lala is back with lots of strange stuff...

But ep25 is the "great" introduction into this serious anime-ending which is imo totally unfitting as well as redundant since after ep26 is before ep24...

I mostly liked the first 23,5 episodes, but the ending was simply awful.

pro: Lala, Golden Darkness, Yui, Mikan.
con: Haruna and most scenes with Rito and her, ep25-26

What could be better:
-They do have an awesome OST but they could use it more often.
-More Golden Darkness, Yui and Mikan. Mikan was like totally abandoned in the later episodes.

Best szene (imo): An assassin looking for work in a job center. :D (ep22)

conclusion: Nice and funny anime with horrible ending. Sometimes there's too much ecchi though. 8/10
Kiru_im_UfoAug 19, 2009 5:19 AM
Aug 24, 2009 7:27 AM
Aug 2008
Defiance said:
half a season of fillers just to watch rito continue his streak of being an indecisive bastard, terribad ending imo

Okay, the plot was incredibly stupid. But I liked the fillers.

This series was mostly funny, and somewhat ecchi, and mostly just a lot of pleasant distraction.

It did what it set out to do - i.e. deliver jokes, fan service, and silliness.

The plot was bad, but at least there was only a plot in the last three eps.
Sep 13, 2009 4:39 PM
Mar 2008
the ending sucks just like the mangas ending
hope he brings back, black cat
Sep 25, 2009 11:09 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't like the ending but maybe because I really wanted Lala and Rito to end up together..what can I say, Rito up to the last minute was so indecisive.. poor Haruna especially Lala

Dec 8, 2009 11:32 PM

Aug 2009
wow when I thought Lala erased everyone's memory I almost punched my damn computer screen in anger!! but good thingg her inventions never work XD

prety good series overall
Dec 23, 2009 11:12 PM

Jul 2009
Gehh...bad ending..again the same as the manga..

Yeah Ritto is an asshole..i hate him..indecisive to the fullest..i don't give a damn shit about Haruna, Lala give her everything for that kind of guy? fvuck Rito..worst guy

7/10 just because of Lala
Dec 25, 2009 3:11 AM
Dec 2009
I gave it a 6 because of the stupid ending. It would have been a 7 if he had waited 2 weeks and introduced the decision more and then said that, i just wanted it to close off with an actual plot to the chapter, i felt like he rushed it a bit.
Dec 25, 2009 2:53 PM

Dec 2007
Not bad, but not great either. The ending was just average which pretty much says it for the series. They had a pretty decent story to go with but they didn't push it enough.

7/10
Jan 7, 2010 10:00 PM

Sep 2009
i dont know why the first poster was so mad it was obvious something like that would happen lala or haruna im actually gland he didnt end up choosing either if he did then the fanboys/girls would have something to complain to each other about
Jan 19, 2010 1:34 AM

Jun 2009
Love the ending but something is missing though.

Yui been push to the windows =)
Everyone is present in this episode, that is what matters most.. I don't expect Rito to release some certain power (earthling) but he can jump high,

Good thing Lala's invention were always defective, coz if that is a success I might give this a low score.

The very end was a bit short, I would like to see some kind of kiss either from Haruna or Lala. Oh well Saki is still on Lala haha
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 2, 2010 9:48 AM

Nov 2009
Not such a great ending tbh. Could've been done much better...ahwell i enjoyed this anime cause of its ecchiness mostly and lala sama =D
Mar 13, 2010 6:24 PM
Jan 2008
angel999 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ONE WORD: DISAPPOINTED! A LOT! VERY FRUSTRATED TO THE POINT OF THROWING MY COMPUTER! MAD SO WRITE IN CAPS!

WTF is the problem of Rito???? WHY? WHY? WHY? WAS THE MARRIAGE TO LALA NOT DONE! SAIRENJI IS THE CAUSE SO WHY THE FUCK DID NOT THE FATHER KILL HER? WHERE THE HELL IS SCHOOLDAYS! The whole got ruined BECAUSE RITO COULD NOT DECIDE ON HIS FEELINGS??? BULL FUCKING SHIT ENDING! IF YOU ASK ME. MAN I AM SO PISSED!

RITO IS WEAK
RITO IS STUPID
RITO IS MORONIC
RITO SEES NOT TRUTH BUT BLIND STUPID LOVE
RITO CANNOT EVEN DO THE CHALLENGE WITHOUT LIKE 10 OF HIS FRIENDS
RITO GOT IN A DREAM THAT HE WAS TOO STUPID TO REALIZE UNTIL LIKE DAWN...WHICH TO ME IS LIKE 5 OR 6 HOURS.HMMMMMM....REALLY STUPID RITO!
RITO CAN BE #1 IN THE UNIVERSE BUT NOOOOOOOO!

OBVIOUSLY THE SLIME EATING CLOTHES AND ALL THAT IS...WE ALL KNOW FOR WHAT.

LOL someone needs to take chill pill. I never thought this anime was serious to begin with and if you watched this far you should have saw the ending coming. They are bunch kids. You can't expect him to marry a girl already or commit to one.

Loved the ending. I was really happy that the memory eraser didn't work.
Mar 13, 2010 6:35 PM

Mar 2010
angel999 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ONE WORD: DISAPPOINTED! A LOT! VERY FRUSTRATED TO THE POINT OF THROWING MY COMPUTER! MAD SO WRITE IN CAPS!

WTF is the problem of Rito???? WHY? WHY? WHY? WAS THE MARRIAGE TO LALA NOT DONE! SAIRENJI IS THE CAUSE SO WHY THE FUCK DID NOT THE FATHER KILL HER? WHERE THE HELL IS SCHOOLDAYS! The whole got ruined BECAUSE RITO COULD NOT DECIDE ON HIS FEELINGS??? BULL FUCKING SHIT ENDING! IF YOU ASK ME. MAN I AM SO PISSED!

RITO IS WEAK
RITO IS STUPID
RITO IS MORONIC
RITO SEES NOT TRUTH BUT BLIND STUPID LOVE
RITO CANNOT EVEN DO THE CHALLENGE WITHOUT LIKE 10 OF HIS FRIENDS
RITO GOT IN A DREAM THAT HE WAS TOO STUPID TO REALIZE UNTIL LIKE DAWN...WHICH TO ME IS LIKE 5 OR 6 HOURS.HMMMMMM....REALLY STUPID RITO!
RITO CAN BE #1 IN THE UNIVERSE BUT NOOOOOOOO!

OBVIOUSLY THE SLIME EATING CLOTHES AND ALL THAT IS...WE ALL KNOW FOR WHAT.

Jun 10, 2010 7:33 AM

Sep 2007
Now I finished it just 'cause I started watching it more than 2 years ago.
Most of show was like "Just die already" and at the end even Lala was acting retarded against her father ~_~ (a guy without a drop of common sense).
All that save series for me was few fun parts and Mikan with her matured attitude, unfortunately neither she had much screen time nor any important role.

6/10
Jun 25, 2010 4:30 PM

Apr 2010
F***ing stupid ending and mid-way through the season it was started to become total randomness that had nothing to do with the main plot.
It's too bad, I thought this series would turn out to be my favourite anime.
Sep 30, 2010 2:47 AM

Jun 2010
Im verry disappointed with these ending but im loking forword to s2 and hopefully a better relation ship than misunderstandings.
Oct 20, 2010 10:45 AM

May 2010
Ok.. The ending was satisfying but left the question, what happened to Lala's father

after the fail memory-eraser? Though, there's a S2 which might answer this.

As to the overall series, around 20% was worth watching.. the rest , never mind..

I'll give this 6/10 for its art..
Nov 11, 2010 12:29 AM

Sep 2010
This will be added to my signiture: I hate you Yuuki Rito

Now in seriousness, and unnecessary raging aside, it was ending were least feelings were hurt, but it was set up from beginning for someone to have their heartbroken for happiness of other. I am obviously upset about it but... I guess it was nice.

If you are rating this little ball of pure entertainment and light and fluffy ecchi on the same standards as a serious anime, you can judge it harshly, but what a lot of people are missing, is that it did exactly what it meant to. It made you laugh, it entertained you, the guys watching got a cheap thrill, and for us girls brave enough to admit we watched it, the tale of a bit of sweet lighthearted romance against odds made you feel fuzzy, and you had to love Lala's attitude.

It holds a special spot for me with honorable mention in it's catergory. If you wanted deep story with solid and continous plot, sorry you wasted your time, and get very angry at whoever suggested this to you. But as far as pure ecchi's like this go, it was my first so I can't speak with much experience, but this was a winner in my opinion.

Live On Team Lala!
LitvyakLoveNov 11, 2010 12:45 AM
Dec 16, 2010 3:46 AM

Oct 2010
What a terrible way to end an anime. I had hopes that rito will drop a pair and actually make a decision. I feel terrible for lala, she was willing to give so much for him and she couldn't at least get a straight answer to whether he love her or not. I also felt like punching Haruna at the end, she should have back off that event of previous episodes.
Terrible ending, i hope Motto and the OVAs are better than this.
7/10 - overall it was fun to watch but terrible progression and ending of the plot.
huh?
Mar 10, 2011 7:46 PM

Nov 2010
why are ppl giving any praise to this ending? how does accomplishing that obstacle mean number one in universe? i think the king was using it to make rito decide which girl he wants, if so he failed cause he hasn't chosen yet.

so lala cancels the marriage.. and the consequence is earth needs to be destroyed, but lala says no its ok ill just erase all that happened so far ( all 520 minutes i wasted on this stupid show ) from ppl memories. well that didnt work out so where's the consequence for canceling the marriage.

this wasnt an ending, its was just rested. the same way they reset scenes over and over again in fillers. god this show is such fail, it hurts.
Mar 22, 2011 6:25 AM

Jul 2010
He should just have gotten married and dumped Haruna.
disappointing ending :/.

Lala's father should just have seen that other relationship and killed Haruna lol , but i guess its not allowed in these kind of anime.
Apr 10, 2011 9:47 AM
Jun 2010
The whole premise was kind of annoying in this show. Rito never gave a damn about Lala in the first place so why on earth would anyone have wanted them to end up together. Lala carried this show and in a way and I'm happy they didn't end up getting married. I almost wish that memory thing had worked and she just left the two social retards together.

Lala = win, Nurse = win, Rito = fag, literally. The end :)
May 18, 2011 12:06 PM

Apr 2010
An ok ending but I thought Rito's 'test' was rather lame, I would rather have seen a more epic action battle than a silly fanservice dream. Oh well,...all in all a very average series despite some good moments
Sep 11, 2011 6:05 AM
May 2011
Satisfying ending due to the fact that I lost interest in it half-way thru. It actually redeemed itself a little, so i'll give it a 7/10. But I feel this anime is two ways, if u preferred Haruna to Lala, you would have enjoyed most of the episodes in this anime, although they were fillers. And if you didn't most of the episodes would have pissed you off.
My favourite character was Lala so watching the remaing half of the season really pissed me of. And frankly speaking the only reason why I stuck to this series to the end was cos I wanted to see what would happen to Lala, whether negative or positive. For the posters saying Rito is an idiot, yh in a way I feel that he is and on the other hand I feel like he isnt. I feel bad that he is ignoring Lala's feeling for him and might end up breaking her heart and the same time it isn't easy for you to drop the feelings for the girl u like cos a super hot alien suddenly appeared in your bath tub. But am glad it had a open ending and no one got hurt.
My laptop screen got lucky this time.....lol...:p
makfresh22Sep 11, 2011 6:09 AM
Feb 20, 2012 6:52 PM

Jan 2012
Hehe, Well that was a somewhat twist-y ending, Didn't expect the memory inventory to fail. That was a pretty fun and relaxed anime. Decent Ending. 8/10 Overall Series Score.
Mar 14, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2012
Let me get this straight, Rito is surrounded by a lot of chicks, some of them seem to have an interest in him, and yet he managed not to get a single thing going with ANY of the girls (excluding the dreams). The only things i can recall are "misunderstandings"/"accidents" like him kissing the white haired guy and the few perverted moments here and there.
Mar 14, 2012 10:57 PM
Dec 2011
icecreamman411 said:
Let me get this straight, Rito is surrounded by a lot of chicks, some of them seem to have an interest in him, and yet he managed not to get a single thing going with ANY of the girls (excluding the dreams). The only things i can recall are "misunderstandings"/"accidents" like him kissing the white haired guy and the few perverted moments here and there.

Yes, and except for the names, you have just finished describing 9 out of every 10 "harem" anime/manga XD
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» im so drunk

RuiMurasaki - May 2, 2023

18 by ToastWithNutella »»
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 13, 2008

77 by Weiwei_Wu »»
Feb 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - May 3, 2008

72 by Dywei »»
Jan 30, 9:02 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Apr 24, 2008

97 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 17, 2008

81 by Dywei »»
Jan 11, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.