Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 6, 2012 4:25 PM

Feb 2012
i cant see any logic in this crappy ending,this ending was predictable,but i must respond on this.
first of all,about "i dont want to hurt you" thing,the fuck?
in the end,he will need to make a decision,and someone will get hurt,its unavoidable.
secondly,one of the girls you love is going to use a memory erase machine(and no,he cant be sure it wont work),what you do?nothing,absolutely nothing,u gonna give up on her(yes,i see this as giving up on her)because you dont want to make a decision,putting myself in his situation,i would never let lala use this memory machine,and why?
first of all,(yes,another one) i wouldnt accept forgeting the good times with her,secondly,it WONT help,its just rejecting the unavoidable.
so what would i do?
if i love lala,i would request few minutes to talk with haruna and tell her my decision,probably what i would do,cause i prefer lala.
if i love haruna,i would tell i cant marry lala,saying that i love lala,but there is someone i love even more(haruna of course)
in general,this ending is very unrealistic,i just cant see rito doesnt do anything while lala says she will erase his memory,in short,this ending is shit.
Jun 24, 2012 5:45 PM

Aug 2011
So Rito crossing the finish line to the Deviluke ship makes him the greatest man in the universe - unfair much?

Lala was right in saying it would be wrong of her to marry Rito without considering his feelings on the matter too but 5 seconds later when she whipped out the memory eraser, she seemed to ignore Rito's opinion completely. It would have been terrible for Lala to live with the old memories of the past if her invention did actually work. I'm glad it didn't. Also, what about Lala's father, did he just fly away after his daughter's stunt?

I'm annoyed that it ended the why it did for Haruna too, she'll still be having moments of sexual tension with him without hearing his true feelings. We only progressed slightly with their relationship. I was hoping that one girl would win at the end of this.

When I started this show, I really disliked the OP but now I've grown to appreciate it because I know the characters well. I didn't like the first ED but Haruna's ending credits is pure gold and I'd say it was the best thing about this show (alongside with Run).

Character-wise, I love them all. I think it's just the adventures they're put in that let's this show down. There were moments which were fantastic like Yami's first appearance but then I can't overlook the fillers either with the magical girl TV show. Those eps were really dreadful.

4/10. I love the mood this show puts me in when I'm thinking about it but it's actually watching it in which the problems arise. In comparison, I've heard better things about the manga so I'll read that. In the mean time, I'll move on to the OVA's because I love being with the characters so much.
Oct 11, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2008
Boy, was this show disappointing. First few episodes were kinda funny, but the rest were just garbage...
Really hope the 2nd season is better than this.
5/10.
Dec 2, 2012 1:53 AM

Sep 2011
Time for the next season! :D
Dec 29, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
The ending was fine I guess. Lala invention failed like always. But this time maybe it was for the better.

Dec 30, 2012 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
Ehh I give the show a 7. Like others have said a lot of episodes were kinda meh. Which supposedly the manga did better. Why do this? Anyway I liked a lot of characters and others aspects. I think I will probably like the next season more. If not for so many chars I like probably be more of a 6 or so.
Jan 2, 2013 3:12 AM

May 2012
Nice proper ending, and a funny twist where Lala's invention didn't work but as usual they don't so it's good that no one forgot her in the end, although I'm not sure why she decided to get back to that school after thinking that she wiped everyone's minds.

Either way it was nice Yuki almost confession and just the end was quite nice but lets see what the sequel has to offer must be something interesting as well!

Good Anime in general a bit to much useless episodes in it but in general quite nice! 8/10
Jan 8, 2013 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
I can't believe Golden Darkness lost to slime monster! D=. She could have just shapeshifted and ran away!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 19, 2013 10:47 PM

May 2009
Just finished watching ep 26 . Knowing theres a season 2 , I wasnt surprised they would find a way to make Rito not choose between Sairenji or Lala. The ending was o.k though . Haha Lala's invention failed again!!
May 24, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
Ohhhh this series was so fail. Absolutely loved the OP, but in the end it took the generic ecchi/harem setting, tried to hard to be funny, and executed it even worse than usual.

I'll give it a 4, because I'm a softie and I'd feel bad if I rated it lower.
Lemme smang it girl.
May 25, 2013 12:51 AM
May 2013
Yeah I kinda hated the ending because it screwed up but in the next season i'm hoping Lala and Rito would still be the pair I wish all will never change I'm not a bit satisfied about what happened n the last since nothing happened and the memory eraser thing failed im glad with that but I hope Rito and Lala will still be pair. sorry but i wish rito would love Lala instead of sairenji
Jul 15, 2013 5:22 PM

May 2013
Ending was decent, I wouldn't have minded if the marriage went through but whatever. Looking forward to OVAS, and the sequel.
Jul 25, 2013 11:02 PM

Jun 2013
i think it would have been way more interesting if they actually married, and haruna was like his mistress. woulda been sick. thug life, girlfriend and a mistress.

Aug 12, 2013 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
it would have been better if he got married. I wanted to know where things would end up.
Oct 18, 2013 5:11 AM

Nov 2012
lol lol lol nice end seriously..
but that end lol -_- idk what to say..
just 7~
Jan 22, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2013
Although there were some really good scenes, this season was overall kind of horrible to be honest, but it would've been half as bad if it was 12-13 episodes long. Too much lame comedy were present, seemingly to appeal to very young audience...

I guess I'll take a look at the manga.

The only reason i kept driving through the series (anime) was probably the Golden Darkness, or Mikan, same reason why I picked it up..

Well since this is one of the earlier fanservice shows, I'll let it pass. Would have probably dropped it if it was made in >2012.
Jan 24, 2014 12:05 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
This show sucked in every sense of the word. Rito is undoubtedly a fucking spineless coward.
Jan 26, 2014 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
So glad it wasn't an harem ending, just a little bit disappointed because in the end Rito didn't marry Lala. Guessing Rito wants to take their relationship slowly but sure, well that's okay for me, sadly in this episode Run-chan didn't get enough scenes, i want more Run-chan in season 2 !

Overall score 8/10, now onto the next season, hopefully it's better !
Mar 16, 2014 7:40 AM
Oct 2013
One of the best Harem anime i've seen so far :D
Can't wait to watch the second season
Jul 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
ownosourus said:
The ending was fine I guess. Lala invention failed like always. But this time maybe it was for the better.
Lala is really brave
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Aug 19, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 2013
exept the ecchi moments..this was a great episode..good ending though..i wonder if rito will marry haruna or lala ..
Nov 7, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2013
dat dream tho lol
Feb 10, 2015 2:32 PM
Sep 2014
^^^^

When i started watching this show i thought it will be hard task not to drop it, but in fact i had a lot of fun.
Humor was pretty good, i loved parody episodes. True, there was quite a lot scenes where i did facepalm asking myself " wtf am i watching", but it was good facepalm xD.
Also, why the hell every harem show has most retarded MC?
Why they never make MC with some balls ?! :S Well, i hope he will grow a pair next season :)

EDIT: Well, he did grow a pair, a pair of boobs. Ahaha.
NarcoFeb 10, 2015 3:03 PM
Feb 13, 2015 3:14 PM

Apr 2013
Wow now I can finally see why people hate Rito, he's an indecisive idiot alright.

Series started out strong but got pretty mediocre in the end. The last two episodes of plot were rather boring, but the characters were interesting so I give it a 6/10 and hope the sequel will be much better.
Feb 24, 2015 4:50 PM

May 2008
I prefer that dream ending lol
Feb 25, 2015 6:53 PM

Jan 2009
Gator said:
Wow now I can finally see why people hate Rito, he's an indecisive idiot alright.

Series started out strong but got pretty mediocre in the end. The last two episodes of plot were rather boring, but the characters were interesting so I give it a 6/10 and hope the sequel will be much better.

I personally like rito, but i do understand why people dislike him, that said i'd suggest watching motto to love ru and to love ru darkness, they are far better than the original series, plus they do expand on some of rito's issues.
May 16, 2015 9:06 PM
Feb 2015
That was nice. Finally finished to love ru and now the ovas are next.

I was scared for a second that lala's invention worked but im glad it didn't. Rito should have married lala... Well it was pretty mature of lala to think about rito's feelings.

Wait if everyone's memories were not erased wouldn't earth be destroyed??? Hmmm
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 28, 2015 4:58 PM
Jan 2015
People love to love-ru and i as i big fan of harem/ecchi bound to be harem king of anime i watched it.

I was confused with so many fillers bizarre episodes. I thought i was going to have to endure another heaven's lost property (disgusting harem anime with the most retarded and idiotic MC of all times) but actually the fillers were entertaining and fun. Lala hold her ground as a good character and Sairenji growed nicely throughout the season.

The last 3 episodes saved the season.

I need to hurry to get to the season 4 bandwagon i'm so damn curious to know why to love-ru sells so much and what will happen.
Jul 10, 2015 7:20 AM

Mar 2015
Ren's gender-bending didn't show up as much as I thought it would.

Good thing I read a few reiviews so I wasn't as dissappointed with this season. Hopefully it gets better, TLR darkness is meant to be good, I hope it lives up to its reputation (thats the main reason I put myself through these 26 eps, well that and Zastin & Yami-chan)

Anyway bring on the OVAs.
Jul 17, 2015 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
still rooting for sairenji!
Jul 23, 2015 7:07 AM

May 2014
angel999 said:
ONE WORD: DISAPPOINTED! A LOT!
Thank you very much for describing how I feel ^^ Now I don't have to rage that much myself in writing this comment.

Well, everybody says that this season is a stupid adaptation and that the rest are better so I'm gonna continue the series.

...but again: "DISAPPOINTED!"
Hibiki07Jul 23, 2015 7:10 AM
Jul 23, 2015 7:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hibiki07 said:
angel999 said:
ONE WORD: DISAPPOINTED! A LOT!
Thank you very much for describing how I feel ^^ Now I don't have to rage that much myself in writing this comment.

Well, everybody says that this season is a stupid adaptation and that the rest are better so I'm gonna continue the series.

...but again: "DISAPPOINTED!"
It is not a particularly good adaptation no, but more importantly... the first half of the original manga just isn't that great to begin with

But yes, it gets better for every new part of the franchise pretty much
Jul 23, 2015 7:23 AM

May 2014
HaXXspetten said:
It is not a particularly good adaptation no, but more importantly... the first half of the original manga just isn't that great to begin with

But yes, it gets better for every new part of the franchise pretty much
That's a good thing to know.
Aug 21, 2015 2:59 PM

Nov 2012
This season's fanservice was disappointingly tamed.

I hear the series gets lewder as the seasons pass so can't wait to get to Darkness.

5/10.
Sep 7, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
I was about to enter in rage mode. But it was OK in the end.
In general it was bad, last 2 eps is not enough to give more that 5/10.
+art (excluding that shitty CG in few scenes)
+OP song and OP art, great idea.
+Lala, yeah I love her and her VA.
+nice fanservice

-Rito is complete idiot
-super-duper dumb humour
-episodic 'plot'
-shitty humour
-uninteresting 3/4 of series
-pathetic humour

5/10
I really hope that next series will be better.
Btw, I like girls like Sairenji in most shows, but... Lala is not a Tsundere, and I just can't hate her. She is unique and in this case Lala >>>> quiet shy girl.
rsc-plSep 7, 2015 1:15 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 13, 2015 6:07 AM

Feb 2012
Well it looks like my thoughts have been already said here by many others.

I think the series was a big disappointment. Each episode was just a new gag with no to little development to anything (character development and plot). Also after watching the BD it didn't add much into it, the nipples were barely even seen in bare boobs.

Rito is the worst MC, jesus christ his actions were painful to watch. He likes Haruna the whole series showing very little to practically nothing towards Lala which was too annoying to follow.

There was wasted potential with Golden Darkness, since her character design is just screaming a main role. Luckily that seems to happen in Darkness.

I actually would've preferred if Lala's memory wipe would've worked. That would've made everything much more interesting. But since it didn't work, I feel like everything is just back to square one.

+ Lala is a great character
+ Opening

- Just too many things

Well, this is just a warm-up and starting to the next seasons, which I assume are better.
Nov 14, 2015 11:47 PM

Dec 2014
Ok pretty much based on fanservice. Thus good watch
Dec 22, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2015
Finally, finished this shitty season. The whole season is a garbage albeit a few moments from here & there. If I was Lala's father, boy would I've killed that retarded piece of shit with my ultra-sized sniper rifle. Clean cut to a nonsense!

Can't believe this midget is the best in the whole universe o.O
I was mad that, the lame scumbag retarded piece of shit "MC" got the world's best award. I would've given him, "World's shitiest retardist person ever" award!

I rate the whole season as 3/10 (I gave it 3 cause some moments were a bit good)
Also, the end song from episode 12 or 13 I guess, was really good :p

Can't wait to see what's all the fuss about in darkness :D
Dec 22, 2015 3:21 PM

Dec 2015
Show was good enough to not think about dropping it mid way, but there were too many filler episodes, some of them too boring (fire spitting girl). It breaks overall good feel.

From what I seen Haruna and Rito are too much indecisive. Without Lala they would be pretty much at the same spot as in the start of the show.

What I got from the ending is that Lala is more perceptive than I thought, realizing that forcing Rito may not be that great idea for them to be happy together yet (he would regret not saying anything to Haruna). I'm surprised that she even noticed, she acts always so blind to it. There is no way out for him now then choose Lala (save Earth).

My point of view is that Lala is better option than Haruna. Rito and Haruna are nice and cute together, but they lack something to move them forward. Lala has a clear mind about what she want, also it would be a waste for a show, to not use that unique character as her.

About waking up Rito from his dream state, I was imagining different approach here. Heroic Haruna dragging him out unconscious to that finish line. That would be great plot.
pavookDec 22, 2015 3:36 PM
Dec 29, 2015 10:23 PM
Dec 2015
I'm still too confused. WHO DID HE CHOOSE??!!!
I started watching this anime it just for fun and I only watch it all cause I wanted to see Rito and Hanura together in the end, but it isn't explicit in the anime which one did he choose.. Please, help me :'(
Apr 11, 2016 8:27 PM

Sep 2014
Wow that was a really bad episode, and even more so for an ending.

Lala wanting to erase everyone's memory came out of the blue. Her father is the universe ruler, basically the finale judge of the world. Just ask him to take care of it...?

Why would she come back to earth in the first place? She did it to escape political marriage, but because she was engaged to rito that means she can avoid it. Now that she isn't, the Deviluke people know she went to earth. It blows her cover... no point in returning to earth......

Why am I try to make sense of this shit anyway?
Sep 12, 2016 7:57 AM

Feb 2014
Man, this episode was stupid, even by To Love Ru standards. Not to mention, cheesy as hell. Even then, the episode was still fine, until he pussied out of the marriage at the last moment, and even Lala, suddenly acting out of character, decided to call it off because plot. And here I was thinking maybe Rito isn't as big of a pussy as everyone makes him out to be.
Oct 20, 2016 11:27 PM

Sep 2013
Meh...this was an ok show...but nothing to write home about.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 25, 2016 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
Rito is officially in my 'Worst MCs ever' list. Lol lol lol talk about a lame and stupid ending lol.

The series gets a deserving 1/10, I can't believe I wasted my time with this...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 3, 2016 9:05 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And thus their memories aren't deleted all because Lala's inventions fail. He couldn't even pass the exam by himself.
Nice catch by Yami, pretty cool how she can lift things as heavy as a helicopter.

Overall pretty bland show. Some funny stuff here and there but overall Rito was plain annoying.

Aug 5, 2017 3:02 AM

Nov 2011
I sat through this because i was promised subsequent seasons are much better, that better be so.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 29, 2017 6:20 PM
Jul 2016
Well I see why so many consider Rito to be the most dense harem protaginist. In that aspect the most dissapointing and infuriation anime I´ve ever watched. That ceremonial scene turned out to be over dramatic since her inventions never work, but at the same time it could´ve been the only time it finally did fortunate or unfortunate enough. That kind of twist is not uncommon after all.

Personally I´m sad she didn´t lost her memories for the sake of Haruna and Rito, the main couple to be since they both talked the first time and you knew Haruna had something for him too. The oldest anime I´ve seen but I liked the animations, it was a long yet light story and the story itself was meh, great fan service almost on par with High School DxD, but DxD was unsensored and the protagonist takes his chances and open about his harem dream and intentions with the girls.

It had everything expected except any moment(s) of real love drama that sinks the mood and touches you. The frustration with Rito and lack of something that "grabs" you like other lighthearted harems I´ve seen managed brought my rating down for me. I´m not a very serious watcher, fan service, cuteness, comedy etc goes a long way in my book... But Rito´s indecisiveness and density is just too infuriating and rage inducing. The story is too meh and the episodes are pretty stand alone except the ending and don´t play off eachother that well. So all in all I´ll give it a 6/10.

I guess the second season won´t bring much new to the table, new/additional girls probably but expecting Rito to be just as rage inducing.
HilariumosisNov 29, 2017 6:33 PM
Dec 17, 2017 10:07 PM

Feb 2013
So where can I get some of that slime?
Unexpected: Lala calling off the engagement.
Almost thought the might go for a tragic ending there. They got me... Lala's inventions never work all that well.

3/10 (not good)
Too many episodes. Not funny enough.
Best girl: Mikan
BurntJellyDec 17, 2017 10:11 PM
Feb 15, 2018 1:45 PM

Dec 2015
Good thing I started reading the manga. This first season is terrible and a filler fest. I pity those who got introduced to the series by this abomination.
May 6, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2016
Had some funny parts and was charming in a way,but I was honestly for some kind of story.

Overall,it was ok.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» im so drunk

RuiMurasaki - May 2, 2023

18 by ToastWithNutella »»
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 13, 2008

77 by Weiwei_Wu »»
Feb 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - May 3, 2008

72 by Dywei »»
Jan 30, 9:02 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Apr 24, 2008

97 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 17, 2008

81 by Dywei »»
Jan 11, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.