Forum Settings
Forums

Anime or manga where the villain falls in love with heroine/hero

New
May 31, 2012 8:52 PM

May 2012
I don't know why but I love this so much. I would prefer the villain/antagonist to be male but I'm not too picky. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be love it can just be a crush or obsession. Thanks in advance!
May 31, 2012 9:24 PM

Apr 2012
AcidIce said:
I don't know why but I love this so much. I would prefer the villain/antagonist to be male but I'm not too picky. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be love it can just be a crush or obsession. Thanks in advance!

I'm sure I've seen something like this before... I'll look around a bit, I'm sure I can find something for ya.
May 31, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2012
This is fairly common theme in shoujo manga. One that come up to my mind right now is Skip Beat.
May 31, 2012 9:37 PM

Apr 2012
mdude009 said:
I'm sure I've seen something like this before... I'll look around a bit, I'm sure I can find something for ya.

Alright, I got some:

-Outlaw Star
-Bastard!!
-Burst Angel
-Angel Beats
-Lupin
-Black Lagoon
-Ergo Proxy
-Durarara!!!!
-The legend of basara (aperantly this one's really fits the bill)
-Tokyo Mew Mew
-Black Cat
-Mother Keeper

(I haven't seen any of the ones stated above this so I'm not sure how well they work with what you're looking for)

-Blood+ (hell, it happens about 10 times, keep in mind though they're not the main villains if that's a factor)
-Code Geass (if you count secondary characters)
May 31, 2012 11:23 PM

May 2012
Yay awesome! Thank you so much! I will check those out.
Jun 1, 2012 4:24 AM

Dec 2009
pika2000 said:
This is fairly common theme in shoujo manga. One that come up to my mind right now is Skip Beat.

cant really say it fits. Since Kyoko is a protagonist, the guys who fall for her arent that bad (well, besides Reino, but he is minor character and was present in manga for only 1 volume or so)

Ergo Proxy

i didnt really notice romance there, there is certanly some interest between main characters closer to the end.

Durarara

hard to say there is a protagonist actually, neither there is an antihero - they are all bad guys at some point...well, Mikado is the one telling main story line on the background, but his love relations are kinda normal according to the fact there are non normal people among them all.

Black Cat

both protagonist and antagonist are male characters, its not love relations, more like huge respect and deification from antagonists side towards main lead.

Also, you can try:
Dance in the Vampire Bund (Mina and Akira) - the anime itself isnt really good tbh
Deadman Wonderland (Ganta and Shiro) - wont give any spoiler. also manga is way better then anime, but i still suggest to watch it
Hana yori Dango (Tsukasa and Tsukushi) - the bad spoiled guy has a crush on nice simple (and actually ordinary) girl, romance/drama.
Hayate no Gotoku! (Nagi and Hayate) - Nagi isnt a villain, just has a horrible personality. She has a crush on mc while he seems to be interested in other things/girls
Shugo Chara (Amu and Ikuto)
Vampire Knight (Yuuki and Kaname) - sorta. You get to know that the guy had a crush on girl only closer to the end, manga is pretty good tho and shows alot more aspects of the "bad" side of main male character.
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (Yuki and Reiga) - anime itself is sorta shounen-aish, but between those 2 relations are more like between very close friends or brothers.
Jun 1, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2011
Definitely Dance in the Vampire Bund. It is a really underrated anime IMO. Honestly Code Geass would have this, but a bit differently. The protagonist is also a antagonist and there is someone who is definitely a good person falling in love with him. Its not romance though. Black Lagoon is a good one too, but it doesn't really show a relationship/couple.

Manga:
The Legend of Maian: I loved this but eventually the author did something I hate, but it fits.
Haou Airen: its smut, but fits
There really are a lot of shoujo mangas like this, but I ussually don't read them so sorry I can't help more.
Jun 1, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
theres a manga im going to read thats exactly this

http://myanimelist.net/manga/1533/Superior

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 1, 2012 11:25 PM
Dec 2011
I second Angel Beats.
Jun 2, 2012 12:01 AM

Dec 2011
Not sure, but i do think Darker Than Black would fall into this.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."
Jun 6, 2012 7:15 PM

May 2012
Thanks for all the recommendations! I will definatly check these out.
Jun 7, 2012 5:49 PM

Oct 2011
Vampire Knight(depends who u consider antagonist)?
Jun 7, 2012 6:13 PM

Jun 2010
Death Note
Aug 28, 2015 5:17 AM
Aug 2015
This is not an anime or a manga but an animated film and I think it's worth sharing. "Strange Magic" (2015)
Aug 28, 2015 5:53 AM

Jul 2015
That necro :p
Jan 23, 2016 9:19 AM
Dec 2015
AcidIce said:

Mew Mew Power is a great anime where the villain falls in love with the main character(the hero)
Jan 23, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2015
No one mentioned Akame Ga kill? Seriously ? Akame Ga kill fits the bill perfectly !!
Oct 9, 2016 8:47 AM
Oct 2014
VaroOP said:
No one mentioned Akame Ga kill? Seriously ? Akame Ga kill fits the bill perfectly !!

Rejul said:
VaroOP said:
yes man you are right ,Akame ga kill fits perfectly,anti-hero (female)falls love with hero(male).there are many emotional encouter till the last .last part is most touching,.. just watch this one.

When this thread was made in 2012 Akame Ga kill didn't exist, you genius, so of course no one mentioned it. And before responding to a post look at the date first next time. Damn necro thread resurrectors.
Oct 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2015
malonur said:
VaroOP said:

Rejul said:
yes man you are right ,Akame ga kill fits perfectly,anti-hero (female)falls love with hero(male).there are many emotional encouter till the last .last part is most touching,.. just watch this one.

When this thread was made in 2012 Akame Ga kill didn't exist, you genius, so of course no one mentioned it. And before responding to a post look at the date first next time. Damn necro thread resurrectors.

Some people use the search function on the forums. So if someone wants the same stuff he can get it on a thread that already exists. Imo its better to keep them updated so that at some point all the anime having the same characteristics can be found in one single thread.Well I guess I shouldn't have acted so surprised to not see akame on here but I didnt read the date so sorry. You call me a necro thread resurrector and reply to my post which was posted a year ago! Wew. Also, I didnt resurrect this one a year ago. Someone else did and I just replied. Peace.
Oct 9, 2016 12:40 PM
Oct 2014
VaroOP said:
malonur said:

Some people use the search function on the forums. So if someone wants the same stuff he can get it on a thread that already exists. Imo its better to keep them updated so that at some point all the anime having the same characteristics can be found in one single thread.Well I guess I shouldn't have acted so surprised to not see akame on here but I didnt read the date so sorry. You call me a necro thread resurrector and reply to my post which was posted a year ago! Wew.

Your post wasn't posted a year ago, you genius, it was posted in January. Not to mention I only replied because some other genius followed your example and responded to your necro post. Leaving all that aside if you had read the rules you would know it's against the rules to post under a thread that's older than 2 weeks. Try to read them some time.
malonurOct 9, 2016 12:44 PM
Oct 9, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2015
malonur said:
VaroOP said:

Some people use the search function on the forums. So if someone wants the same stuff he can get it on a thread that already exists. Imo its better to keep them updated so that at some point all the anime having the same characteristics can be found in one single thread.Well I guess I shouldn't have acted so surprised to not see akame on here but I didnt read the date so sorry. You call me a necro thread resurrector and reply to my post which was posted a year ago! Wew.

Your post wasn't posted a year ago, you genius, it was posted in January. Not to mention I only replied because some other genius followed your example and responded to your necro post. Leaving all that aside if you had read the rules you would know it's against the rules to post under a thread that's older than 2 weeks. Try to read them some time.

And even though you read the rules and know them so well you are posting on a thread that is older than 2 weeks. Just report to the mods and they'll do the stuff that is necessary.
Oct 10, 2016 1:31 AM
Aug 2016
malonur said:
VaroOP said:

malonur,I dont know who you think you are ?and oh..well why genius person like you doing here...you should be in some law enforcement,people here love to watch anime and share about anime they see regardless of 2yr or 3yrs old post,rather than arguing on punny things , it is true that i was unaware about the date and rule based on it,and i don't understand why are you so frustrated about,its like i had something to you . this was my first post ,i was excited to see akame ga kill name ,so i went overboard without looking date..
do not mock me with this silly things,oh..man are for real ,think to tease for little things like this,you are such a kid.
RejulOct 10, 2016 1:46 AM
Oct 10, 2016 5:04 AM
Apr 2016
I guess Sailor Moon R has those aspects.
Feb 23, 2017 3:31 PM

Feb 2017
Hummm anime with villainous crush :

* Blood Lad (the antagonist vampire, hell mafia gang leader who's an otaku falls in love with a human girl that landed in hell)

*Kill la kill (haven't watched it yet but it seems to fit the bill)

*Majin Tantei Nougami Nouro (A demon that loves eating mysteries forces a girl to find some for him to feed on)

*Black lagoon (The guy develops romantic "stockholm syndromish" feelings for the psychotic girl who kidnapped him)

*Aku no hana (This story is kinda based on Baudelaire's "Les fleurs du mal" (recueil de poésie) Anw it's about a sadistic girl who humiliates the guy she's obsessed with and abuses him, it's quite creepy, dark and disturbing

*Tokyo Mew Mew (Cute magical girls anime where the villain falls for the protagonist)

*Sugar sugar rune (In this cute fantasy anime the cold-hearted villain falls for the protagonist)

*Vampire knight+ Vampire knight guilty (I guess that you pretty much know this one anw in this anime the antagonist falls for the protagonist too)

*Kiznaiver (The male MC falls for the female antagonist )

*Katsute Mahou shoujo to aku wa tekitai shitte itta (This one is a manga but a damn lovely one, it's about the evil officer that falls for the cute magical girl and becomes quite obsessed with her)
noufa_kisakiFeb 23, 2017 5:06 PM
" I and the public know What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil was done Do evil in return " W. H. Auden

Feb 23, 2017 6:53 PM
Jan 2017
The devil's a part timer

More topics from this board

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

5 by 8oomer »»
2 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 5 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
4 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
7 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 7 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.