Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2012 8:47 AM

Sep 2010
phnsr said:
Some posters misread the topic title. It says "worst", so you couldn't possibly say Death Note, Mirai Nikki, Another, Gantz, and so on.

Yeah it says worst but don't expect anyone to go beyond their personal opinion of what they don't like and hate. But it weren't for the overuse of superlatives on mal nobody would have anything to say.

Plus it's always funny seeing people blatantly hate on all the OPs of [INSERT RANDOM MAINSTREAM] show. You mean to tell me that Jmusic artists that make great music suddenly turn to suck w/e one of their songs gets used for a popular anime? Right...
Anime_NameJun 1, 2012 8:53 AM

Jun 1, 2012 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
I never really liked the opening for Code Geass. Naruto Shippuden opening six was the only one I enjoyed so far. Never cared for the Slayers themes either.
Jun 1, 2012 9:10 AM
Oct 2011
Anime_Name said:
Plus it's always funny seeing people blatantly hate on all the OPs of [INSERT RANDOM MAINSTREAM] show. You mean to tell me that Jmusic artists that make great music suddenly turn to suck w/e one of their songs gets used for a popular anime? Right...
It's not because the anime is mainstream no, it's because the openings suck, let's take Naruto for example (I think that's what you meant), personally I don't hate Naruto, I like where the anime is going actually, and I remember watching a couple of good openings, but the other 17+- openings were way too bad. Have you tried taking a look at some of them?
Candor123Jun 1, 2012 9:18 AM
Jun 1, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2010
Candor said:
Anime_Name said:
It's not because the anime is mainstream no, it's because the openings suck, let's take Naruto for example (I think that's what you meant), personally I don't hate Naruto, I like where the anime is going actually, and I remember watching a couple of good openings, but the other 17+- openings were way too bad. Have you tried taking a look at some of them?

Note that I commenting about the people who said "ALL" openings for any mainstream anime as being the worst openings ever. That doesn't mean mainstream anime are incapable of having a bad OP but it is highly dubious that ALL of their OPs would be the worst OPs found in anime and it becomes even more questionable considering the level of talent mainstream shows use for their OPs.

God bless superlatives. Without superlatives we would actually have to describe what makes an OP bad or the worst ever beyond personal likes and dislikes.

Jun 1, 2012 9:45 AM

Sep 2010
silversaint said:
the lost canvas op had great animation but an awful song

an for some reason they didnt change it for the second season

I actually liked the opening. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 1, 2012 10:18 AM
Oct 2011
Anime_Name said:
Candor said:
Anime_Name said:

Note that I commenting about the people who said "ALL" openings for any mainstream anime as being the worst openings ever. That doesn't mean mainstream anime are incapable of having a bad OP but it is highly dubious that ALL of their OPs would be the worst OPs found in anime and it becomes even more questionable considering the level of talent mainstream shows use for their OPs.

God bless superlatives. Without superlatives we would actually have to describe what makes an OP bad or the worst ever beyond personal likes and dislikes.
Well 'MOST' is not 'ALL'. I didn't take 'ALL' literally, nor do I think they meant it that literally, or they did mean 'ALL' since the 'worst' is not necessary the same for all people. Going back to the Naruto (Shippuden this time) example, for me it had 1 good opening and 10 bad ones, but there's also a 'possibility' that someone didn't like that 1 opening and the other ones (since they're bad). So saying blatantly that people say something blatantly is .. well blatant.

Don't get me wrong I understood what you meant and I hate people going wild over a show just because it's mainstream, but making wild assumptions is something I don't like either, especially when there's a possibility that these assumptions are wrong.
Candor123Jun 1, 2012 10:27 AM
Jun 2, 2012 10:29 AM

Sep 2010
Candor said:
Well 'MOST' is not 'ALL'. I didn't take 'ALL' literally, nor do I think they meant it that literally, or they did mean 'ALL' since the 'worst' is not necessary the same for all people.

I'm sorry what? When someone says "All of Naruto Shippuuden's OPs." then instead of taking what they said literally you go an infer something more moderate so that it appeases you? I'm and fine with not taking some phrases and slang literally but when it comes down to something as simply as the word "all" then I am going to take it to mean what it means, all.

Going back to the Naruto (Shippuden this time) example, for me it had 1 good opening and 10 bad ones, but there's also a 'possibility' that someone didn't like that 1 opening and the other ones (since they're bad). So saying blatantly that people say something blatantly is .. well blatant.

I've already said that I am not claiming that any series is incapable of producing bad OPs. My comment was pointing out the audacity of trying to claim ALL of a series' OPs are bad. Of course you're trying to change the subject by interpreting "all" to mean "most".

Don't get me wrong I understood what you meant and I hate people going wild over a show just because it's mainstream, but making wild assumptions is something I don't like either, especially when there's a possibility that these assumptions are wrong.

If you understand then why are you debating with me about whether or not a single OP is bad. My statement was a simply "lol@all anything being the worst" and you're trying to invalidate it by saying some of those alls are really bad.

Jun 2, 2012 10:35 AM

Oct 2011
Ohohoh. Here we go. I got few to add here.

Jun 2, 2012 10:40 AM
Jul 2018

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jun 2, 2012 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
^That just makes me want to listen to

I can't find the 1x hours version, tch.
Jun 2, 2012 11:04 AM

Mar 2012
deadleeserious said:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oe, pipirupirupipirupirupi rulz e_e
---------------------

mmm, the worst anime opening....

naruto opening 01... maybe(?) :/
Jun 2, 2012 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
lordzeru said:
Ohohoh. Here we go. I got few to add here.

That's some painful memories you brought back there. I'm surprised. You didn't put up a K-ON op with the lyrics though. The lyrics are a bit of a dealbreaker.

deadleeserious said:

Oh god, I have seen an episode of this. I must have blocked this out of my head.
phnsr said:

This wasn't an opening was it? I've seen this series and don't remember this being an opening. Unless I have truly blocked this one out.
Jun 2, 2012 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
The Another opening was a weird experience. Its transition from great to insufferable, to nice, to dull and so many feelings in the emotional answer spectrum is probably unequalled in anime form. Not a good opening overall, indeed.

I disagree strongly about Bokusatsu tenshi Dokuro-chan. That show simply couldn't have had another opening. It needed that mad, strident and hysterical intro more than anything else. I also like the second opening to Death note, more than the first, but guess that is reduced to the music tastes.

Can't find a proper answer to this thread. Most of the anime openings that aren't great or at least good tend to be just forgettable and I can't remember them as I finish the series.
jal90Jun 2, 2012 11:22 AM
Jun 2, 2012 11:27 AM

Dec 2011
DrunkenBlowfish said:

This wasn't an opening was it? I've seen this series and don't remember this being an opening. Unless I have truly blocked this one out.

Nah, don't worry. What deadleeserious posted reminded me of Pururin. And actually, I just recently read a review for that series, and remembered two things: 1) I already knew about it 2) pipirupipipiru. Didn't meant to imply either of those is bad. I already cast my vote, and so far nothing dethrones it for me.
phnsrJun 2, 2012 11:33 AM
Jun 2, 2012 11:34 AM

Oct 2011
DrunkenBlowfish said:
That's some painful memories you brought back there. I'm surprised. You didn't put up a K-ON op with the lyrics though. The lyrics are a bit of a dealbreaker.

See, the real reason I didn't actually look for the opening with subs, was because I couldn't bear to hear the song over and over while I searched for the video.

Anyways, I come with another batch of openings from hell.

Jun 2, 2012 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
DrunkenBlowfish said:
lordzeru said:

Jun 2, 2012 11:40 AM

Oct 2011
Marius2005 said:

That was several times more enjoyable than the original, boys cock and all, no homo. Thank you for the laugh.
Jun 2, 2012 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
^My eyes must be deceiving me, I think I saw Akagi near the end.
Jun 2, 2012 12:24 PM

May 2012
I didn't like Death Notes second opening either
Jun 2, 2012 12:32 PM

Apr 2012
Marius2005 said:

lol My sides.
Jun 2, 2012 12:54 PM

Feb 2012
Anyone what a bout this, An hilarious OP. Make me laughing so hard my belly is bounching!!!!

Can't stop laughing. This so funny and hilarious.
AmbleJun 2, 2012 1:03 PM
Jun 2, 2012 2:50 PM

Jun 2012
Naruto Shippuden Opening 11 Totsugeki Rokku-Its makes my ears cry tears of blood
Jun 2, 2012 3:29 PM
Oct 2011
@Anime_Name: what I meant that he might have meant what he/she said, since I know how bad Naruto Shippuden's openings are. Anyway this is going nowhere, never-mind, my bad for starting it.

calvinklein said:
Anyone what a bout this, An hilarious OP. Make me laughing so hard my belly is bounching!!!!

Can't stop laughing. This so funny and hilarious.

lol, it really is hilarious.
I noticed a while ago that there are alot of these videos. here is one for Steins;Gate, It's Durarara!!'s opening though, not Baccano!'s (lol @ Gel-banana, the Microwave and Alpana man or whatever his name is)
Candor123Jun 2, 2012 3:37 PM
Jun 2, 2012 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
They're common, you can just search anime opening cross overs and/or MAD crossovers and you'll find tons of them.

Anyways, every single Fairy Tail opening for me. Why? Because each opening spoils the next entire arc before it even finishes/airs.
Jun 2, 2012 3:56 PM

Jun 2011
Marius2005 said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:
lordzeru said:

oh god what the fuck
Jun 2, 2012 4:29 PM

Nov 2008
Since we are posting dub openings...

I can't decide which one is worse between that "Cardcaptors" OP and the "Mew Mew Power" OP I heard for the first time today from the post on here, as far as terrible mahou shoujo dub OPs go.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jun 2, 2012 4:32 PM

Jan 2008
Card Captor's opening was the shit back then though.
Jun 2, 2012 9:02 PM
Feb 2012
Every Code Geass OP except the first one. (Seriously, what awful songs.)
The last Gundam Seed Destiny OP. (The fack? You spoil me with 3 awesome songs and then give me a cookie-cutter ballad for the climax?)
Jun 3, 2012 3:35 AM

Feb 2012
I got another Hilarious OP. Here i go

Jun 3, 2012 4:01 AM

Jan 2012
All the fairy tail and naruto openings make me cringe.
I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them
Jun 3, 2012 5:29 AM
Dec 2011
Gungrave. Unless you like elevator music, it's not much.
Jun 3, 2012 9:04 AM

Jul 2011
Not exactly anime, but...
Jun 3, 2012 9:10 AM

Apr 2012
I'm currently watching Eureka Seven, and all of it openings have been god awful. I can't decide which one is the worst, so here's all of them.
Jun 3, 2012 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
DrunkenBlowfish said:
I'm currently watching Eureka Seven, and all of it openings have been god awful. I can't decide which one is the worst, so here's all of them.

That is funny, the openings for Eureka Seven are amazing in my opinion.

/topic
I really don't hate any anime openings that much,

UnrealPieJun 3, 2012 9:31 AM
Jun 3, 2012 9:23 AM

May 2008
all OP/ED by Ali Project
Jun 3, 2012 2:24 PM
Oct 2011
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Not exactly anime, but...
Jun 4, 2012 8:27 PM

Oct 2011
DrunkenBlowfish said:

Gotta say, you're pulling at straws here on that one. Those openings aren't anything to make a fuss about, but they aren't terrible either. I think you need more bad anime to watch.

Jun 4, 2012 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
DrunkenBlowfish said:

I'm really surprised by this. I always remembered Eureka Seven having great openings, and after watching the video my feelings are still the same. Great openings IMO, but I guess different strokes for different folks.
Jun 8, 2012 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
Every Fullmetal Alchemist opening after the first one was hopelessly generic.
Jun 8, 2012 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
I have to say the worst amine intro I've seen is from Kill me, Baby!
Jun 9, 2012 6:03 PM

Jun 2009
Scruff said:
Another's opening was ear-grindingly horrible.
And I thought I was the only one.

Also Ghost Hunt is pretty boring, there isn't even any nice pictures to look at.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 9, 2012 6:12 PM
Apr 2010
Jormungand's
Jun 9, 2012 6:41 PM

Jun 2011

It's just so boring.
Jun 9, 2012 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
The opening to Genji Monogatari sennenki (starts at 0:14). The show is an adaptation of this classic Japanese epic, and this standard J-pop schlock just doesn't fit in at all with the tone of the series.

Jun 9, 2012 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
FastWheels said:

It's just so boring.

Boring, and the song is so repetitive...but so catchy!
Jun 9, 2012 9:01 PM
May 2010

Shallow show. Badly tuned OP. Don't see what all the overrated fuss is about.
Jun 9, 2012 9:49 PM

Jul 2010
OminousFlare said:

Shallow show. Badly tuned OP. Don't see what all the overrated fuss is about.

IMO show was amazing, tho i agree about opening.It was just awful.
Jun 9, 2012 10:02 PM

Jun 2011

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlr87s_opening-1-blood-c_music
Japanese people, stop singing in language you don't know, please. The french sentences don't even make sense…
CrowsuJun 9, 2012 10:06 PM
Jun 9, 2012 10:53 PM

Nov 2011
Brave 10. Looks like a JRPG character and weapon demonstration.
Jun 9, 2012 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
PrincessxPrincess OP. I know it's old Anime, but it's just....really pointless and boring. I didn't even bother to watch it the first time.
Also the Ghost Hunt one. Great music, but it's pretty dang boring that i didn't even feel like watching it just for the music.

Ro-Kyu-Bu!'s was pretty dang terrible as well.
VyudaliJun 9, 2012 11:10 PM
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

57 by LostSpectre »»
54 seconds ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9047 by Yozarou »»
2 minutes ago

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 2 hours ago

6 by Ri-KoRin »»
3 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 49 minutes ago

3 by BlueBullet178 »»
9 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 6 hours ago

27 by alexw1020 »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.