Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 17, 2014 5:10 PM

The German Naruto opening and the English Digimon opening.

Feb 17, 2014 5:24 PM

Spiral opening

no need to ask why

Feb 17, 2014 5:56 PM

The Steins;Gate opening
ButNotForMe said:
Gundam OO s2 op2

That one sucks as well.
Hated the first opening of season 2 as well but it started to grow on me

Feb 17, 2014 5:59 PM

years after finishing it, i still cannot sit through a rurrouni kenshin opening

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 17, 2014 6:04 PM

The 4Kids One Piece Opening . . . yeah.

Also, Death Note OP 2 is one of those where people either love it or hate it.

Feb 17, 2014 6:17 PM

DarknessOfEmo said:
I agreed what people was saying Death note 2nd op was trash. Hate metal definitely. Also HXH 1st ED too.

I also hate any cliche opening they offer.

Teekyu 2 OP is not gud. ):

Durarara 2nd OP I sorta liked it awhile back, but now meh it's not appealing to me anymore.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom 2nd OP and 1st ED when I first hear Ali Project on Another, it was meh not my favorite group singer type of artist.

Psycho-Pass op 1 Wasn't entirely feeling the song at all. Though, I may like it song maybe since I haven't heard of it in a while.

Oh JC I can't believe I forgot about that one. Went from one of my favorite songs in anime (Karma) to.............(WTF?)

Feb 17, 2014 6:24 PM

Watamote's wangsty metalcore opening.

Feb 17, 2014 6:26 PM

Code Geass had some pretty bad ones imo

Feb 17, 2014 6:26 PM

JizzyHitler said:
years after finishing it, i still cannot sit through a rurrouni kenshin opening
The female singer's voice is too high for you? I can relate to you when it comes to the 1st opening. On topic I really hate Kaji's 2nd opening although I don't think it is the worst opening ever.

Forgetfulness said:
That Naruto opening where they're in the middle of a war and the opening is all the characters dancing. The drawing in that opening is also pretty ridiculous
Naruto Shippuden opening 10 http://youtu.be/BxMW3uifD04 yeah that opening was really inappropriate.
Modified by DrGeroCreation, Feb 17, 2014 6:43 PM

Feb 17, 2014 6:28 PM

lupadim said:
Spiral opening

Agreed. They could have just put a typical rock song as the OP and it would have been a million times better. Same goes for the anime.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Feb 17, 2014 6:42 PM

mayukachan said:
lupadim said:
Spiral opening

Agreed. They could have just put a typical rock song as the OP and it would have been a million times better. Same goes for the anime.

This. And I absolutely hate Mahou Sensei Negima's opening. Absolute trash

Feb 17, 2014 6:48 PM

First opening of Gin no Saji and Bakuman.
[

Feb 17, 2014 6:55 PM
Hearing Black Lagoon's opening makes me die a little inside

Feb 17, 2014 11:30 PM

Dayuum said:
Hearing Black Lagoon's opening makes me die a little inside

Awww come on! That's engrish at it's finest! Black Lagoon has an awesome OP!
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth

Feb 17, 2014 11:37 PM

I don't really hate it but I hate the fact that HxH is using the same opening (different video in every arc though) even if they already reached 110+ episodes.

Currently, I hate the new opening of Tokyo Ravens. The song is okay but I really hate it that they recycled scenes from the first opening.

Feb 17, 2014 11:49 PM

SanaeKochiya said:
I think you meant to post this under "Best Anime Openings"

Feb 18, 2014 1:03 AM

Houndthree said:
The Steins;Gate opening

Go away and come back when you acquire good taste in music.

Nihilfist said:

Same goes for you. This was (one of) the best OP of 2013.

Death Note's second OP was tolerable. First OP was better, though.

As for me, I'll nominate any OP/ED by ALTIMA.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 18, 2014 2:43 AM

AO968 said:
Houndthree said:
The Steins;Gate opening

Nihilfist said:

Ouch...

Feb 18, 2014 4:50 AM

Death Note 2nd OP - watching this kinda makes me feel like I'm high or smtg

K-On!! Op - gives me a headache.

Beelzebub 5th Op - I thought the producers should've stopped at the 4th OP

Neo Angelique Abyss openings - I felt that the songs and opening sequences don't match

Feb 18, 2014 4:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMUX34fOq44
buddy complex's opening is just horrible, its like it clusterfucked 4 different genres together at once but didnt tell any of the performers what genre the other one would be playing, like how the guitar sounds hilariously metal over pop vocals

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 18, 2014 4:55 AM

JizzyHitler said:
buddy complex's opening is just horrible, its like it clusterfucked 4 different genres together at once but didnt tell any of the performers what genre the other one would be playing, like how the guitar sounds hilariously metal over pop vocals

Nobunaga; Now with 96,5% more wub wub!

Get it NOW!

Feb 18, 2014 5:08 AM

Shippuden OP Totsugeki Rock is just horrible.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Feb 18, 2014 5:38 AM

JizzyHitler said:

Oh. My. God. Lmao. Was that an organ I heard in there too? :-o

Feb 18, 2014 5:51 AM

kazuchu said:
Code Geass had some pretty bad ones imo
JIBUUUN WOOOOOO!!!

Feb 18, 2014 7:57 AM
Hentaiking

AO968 said:
Houndthree said:
The Steins;Gate opening

Nihilfist said:

Dont talk about taste if you nominate ALTIMA.

Worst opening for me would be the new Golden Time OP.

Edit: Almost forgot HxH 2011 ED 1 - that was terrible

Feb 18, 2014 10:00 AM

The second Death Note opening is one of the few openings I've ever skipped on multiple occasions.

Feb 18, 2014 10:43 AM

AO968 said:
Houndthree said:
The Steins;Gate opening

Nihilfist said:

S'G op is fine, but it is nothing compared to real masterpieces like Bebop, EVA, GITS and LOGH
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Feb 18, 2014 10:55 AM

Can't think of any terrible openings right now. I guess Trigun's opening wasn't so great to me, got really repetitive over time and I actually skipped over them eventually (something I almost NEVER do even when I marathon shows).

In response to Nihilfist, I loved Watamote's opening. Just epic and totally unexpected in tone given the content of the show (the ending song's feeling is a lot more reflective of the tone of the anime).

In response to ButNotForMe, I actually liked EVA's ending way more than the opening. Can't really explain why, I just enjoyed the song quite a bit. I also liked how they changed it up a few times to as to who was singing the song lyrics. The opening was just fine to me.

I actually tried to start a thread about best openings/endings in Anime but it was taken down as a "listing" thread. But I'm still extremely curious as to people's opinions on the topic. I guess I just have to email or post on people's pages to find out lol. I have way more to talk about in this catagory, especially for good endings.

And whoever said the black lagoon opening wasn't good...I strongly disagree with that. The lyrics may not be easy to understand at some times, but the song is bad ass and very enjoyable to me.

Feb 18, 2014 11:47 AM

Off the top of my head I can only think of Steins;Gate and OreImo OPs being hella lame.

As for some of the best anime OPs I gotta give it to Paranoia Agent and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012).

Feb 18, 2014 12:01 PM

I don't like the Code Geass OP 2. It was just stupid and the song was really unfitting for the show, but not so unfitting that you could argue that it was a contrast (like the Madoka Magica opening).

Feb 18, 2014 2:19 PM

skuka said:
I don't like the Code Geass OP 2. It was just stupid and the song was really unfitting for the show, but not so unfitting that you could argue that it was a contrast (like the Madoka Magica opening).

Completely forgot about that opening! Yeah, I couldn't stand it. Probably has something to do with the high pitched/squealy singing voice. Try listening to that opening on full blast with your headphones... ugh.

Feb 18, 2014 2:20 PM
I don't know if I have one yet.

Feb 18, 2014 3:40 PM

haganai season 1.

Feb 18, 2014 3:49 PM

Berserk

Feb 18, 2014 4:59 PM

For shows I've finished, I didn't care for the second and fifth openings for Code Geass. I also didn't like the third opening to Fullmetal Alchemist 2003, the second openings to FMA: Brotherhood and Sword Art Online, and to a degree, the opening for Casshern Sins.

As for shows that I'm currently watching, as much as I'm enjoying Mushishi, I don't really like the OP all that much.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.

Feb 18, 2014 5:10 PM

Second opening of Golden Time. Thought the sound was broken when I first heard it.

Feb 18, 2014 7:34 PM

This is a signature.

Feb 18, 2014 7:42 PM

antonn said:
Second opening of Golden Time. Thought the sound was broken when I first heard it.

It's not a bad song. Just not an OP theme. Would be better as an ED.

midnightblade said:
skuka said:

Completely forgot about that opening! Yeah, I couldn't stand it. Probably has something to do with the high pitched/squealy singing voice. Try listening to that opening on full blast with your headphones... ugh.

The singing is bad. LOOL I mean, it's not the worst but very unfitting for an Anime OP.

FrozenBeast said:
First opening of Gin no Saji and Bakuman.

wat? Bakuman OP 1 was the best one. LOL GnS might not be for everyone but it suits the show a lot xD

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Feb 18, 2014 11:08 PM

Vongole said:
Death Note 2nd OP - watching this kinda makes me feel like I'm high or smtg

K-On!! Op - gives me a headache.

Beelzebub 5th Op - I thought the producers should've stopped at the 4th OP

Neo Angelique Abyss openings - I felt that the songs and opening sequences don't match

I pretty much hated the 2nd Death Note opening the first time I heard it. Oddly, it somehow grew on me over time. It went from being unbearable to being bad but somewhat tolerable.

I agree with everyone else, first Death Note opening was amazing. I liked both ending songs as well. I actually watched Death Note pretty recently (a few months ago) because I read the manga long ago and never felt the need to pick up the anime adaptation.. It was good that I waited a while because I forgot some things, so it made it quite enjoyable.

Feb 18, 2014 11:20 PM

I'm surprised at the number of popular shows mentioned. With so many here with lists running into the hundreds, I'd think there would be openings exponentially more vomit inducing than Death Note, Code Geass, Berserk, etc. named. Keep it coming, some are hilarious.

Feb 26, 2014 4:11 PM

Pupa's opening is freaking terrible. What even is that?

Feb 26, 2014 4:29 PM
IKKIsama said:
Berserk

Wat.

Jormungand
Black Lagoon

Feb 26, 2014 4:43 PM

The song for Another's OP is just wow. I can never get over how bad it sounds. Not a huge fan of Sakura OP 2 either especially in contrast with the excellent first OP. It's extremely bland, boring and lacks character.

Feb 26, 2014 5:28 PM

Riiken said:
The song for Another's OP is just wow. I can never get over how bad it sounds. Not a huge fan of Sakura OP 2 either especially in contrast with the excellent first OP. It's extremely bland, boring and lacks character.
It's the same people who do the Code Geass ED. Well, at least they do sound similar.

Feb 26, 2014 5:43 PM

OPs off the top of my head:

Excel Saga
Love Hina
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - I love this crazy show, but some of the OPs are just too annoying. -_-

Really, every other series I've seen at least has a tolerable opening...
*^^* Click to hug Mami! -->

Snarky memes & witty GIFs for All!
Stolen from PDot19, with credit to Ntad

Feb 26, 2014 5:46 PM

NiN10d0h said:

Black Lagoon

Are you f**king kidding me?

As for bad openings, the opening of both seasons of Working....just terrible
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 26, 2014 5:57 PM

Everything opining outside Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Welcome to the NHK, Hellsing!, Elfen Lied, Monogatari Series S2 (last OP)and To Love Ru (1S) are lame.

Feb 26, 2014 6:00 PM

UnoPuntoCinco said:
Everything opining outside Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Welcome to the NHK, Hellsing!, Elfen Lied, Monogatari Series S2 (last OP)and To Love Ru (1S) are lame.

*looks at completed list*
Well, as expected..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 26, 2014 6:10 PM

Rosario + Vampire Capu2's OP
It's not enough that it's the kind of annoying, bubbly j-pop that gets stuck in your head forever, it also adds insult to injury by reminding me of Final Fantasy X-2, one of my most hated games out there.

Every Code Geass OP after the very first one also sucked IMO.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »