Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2012 4:24 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What was the point of this chpater? I felt like I wasted my time even waiting on it. I just want him to finally go find Otsu (whatever her name is) and stop fighting like he said he planned on doing and just ending the manga. This is starting to drag and it takes too long for the scans to come out.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

May 28, 2012 11:17 PM

Aug 2007
It's all about perspective philosophy and the write and wrong of killing way of the sword life and death the lives it effects etc. It's been this way for three to four years since the end of the battles against 100 samurai. I figure if you're this far in you know that much. Either way the plot is definitely going somewhere next month as to where who knows.
May 29, 2012 4:42 AM

Jan 2010
I don't think its been a year since I started reading. I know the updates are far and apart. Honestly after his fight w/ the 100 samurai I really didn't get too much of what was going on. Maybe I should re read the last 10 chapters or so.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jun 3, 2012 5:00 AM

Apr 2010
LuffyVsNaruto said:
What was the point of this chpater? I felt like I wasted my time even waiting on it. I just want him to finally go find Otsu (whatever her name is) and stop fighting like he said he planned on doing and just ending the manga. This is starting to drag and it takes too long for the scans to come out.

I haven't read the Yoshikawa Eiji novel yet, so I can't tell much about Otsu. However, I have read many books about his life (even Musashi's book, Gorin no Shou), and I can tell you Musashi probably never had a love, it's just the fantasy of the novelist.
Musashi is 27 years old now, at the moment the manga takes place in 1611, and this the year when he begins practicing the zazen meditation. The recent chapters have a much more philosophist viewpoint than before. Musashi is thinking about the way of his life, what does it mean to be a swordman, life and death. I like these inner portrayals of his feelings (recent chapters) and for example a few chapters ago you could see his menacing aura cover the other swordsman in fear and run away.
A year later, he fights with Sasaki Koujirou. There are many other events that would be worth adaptating in his life after the duel with Koujirou, but it seems it would be the end of the manga. (Before his hiatus he said he'd finish the manga the same year)
By the way, the boy in this chapter will be Musashi's second adopted son when Musashi is around 40 years old.

P.S sorry for my poor English skills, I feel very bad today.
Jun 7, 2012 11:54 PM

Apr 2009
I don't feel like I've wasted my time with this chapter. It was good, it shows Musashi's thought process and how he is coming to his own understanding of things. It's always been like this between his fights, or even during his fights, and I really like that. It has way more depth than just slashing away.
One of the best manga I've ever read, and this chapter didn't do it any harm. Slowpaced doesn't necessarily mean it is getting bad or anything.

Jun 9, 2012 1:46 AM
Dec 2010
Vikopaulum said:
I don't feel like I've wasted my time with this chapter. It was good, it shows Musashi's thought process and how he is coming to his own understanding of things. It's always been like this between his fights, or even during his fights, and I really like that. It has way more depth than just slashing away.

One of the best manga I've ever read, and this chapter didn't do it any harm. Slowpaced doesn't necessarily mean it is getting bad or anything.

Agreed!
Jun 10, 2012 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
Seriously, go Wiki Miyamoto Musashi. If you're expecting more massive battles, then expect to be disappointed. Just drop the manga already, it's not for you.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 14, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
I think that Takehiko just released the 306th chapter, there is no one who can scanlate Vagabond ? We're talking about one of the best ongoing seinen >__<
Sep 28, 2012 1:33 AM

Jan 2010
Beatnik said:
Seriously, go Wiki Miyamoto Musashi. If you're expecting more massive battles, then expect to be disappointed. Just drop the manga already, it's not for you.

I wasn't expecting any more major battles It just all this philisofical stuff gets confusing when you have new chapters coming out every so often. So like I said before I should probably re read the last 10-15 chapters to get a feel of what is going on. I just didnt like this chapter in particular. I like the last few before.

Nov 13, 2012 10:59 PM
Nov 2012
Honestly i have to say that miyamoto musashi is one of the most inspirational people ever. This managa helped me find books written by and about miyamoto. After reading about his experiences and his take on life, I was able to kick my 3 year habit of smoking a lot of weed daily. the man left the world a long time ago and his words to this day reach out the people that he intended them for. I'm now enrolled in york university working towards my masters in social economics. I plan to study for far more years. Up until i came upon this manga all i wanted to do was smoke weed and have fun. I was so surprised on how powerful this mans philosophy that it made me check mine. Its just to bad that i had enough time to quit weed and get into uni before the author even released a new issue XD
Jan 19, 2013 10:53 AM
May 2012
Whew caught up! I've gotta say though, as much as I like the action packed episodes I really enjoy the quiet ones where Musashi stays at homes and just helps out people, learning things about about himself in the process. Strange...
Jun 27, 2015 4:26 PM
Oct 2011
Silgrond said:
LuffyVsNaruto said:

I haven't read the Yoshikawa Eiji novel yet, so I can't tell much about Otsu. However, I have read many books about his life (even Musashi's book, Gorin no Shou), and I can tell you Musashi probably never had a love, it's just the fantasy of the novelist.
Musashi is 27 years old now, at the moment the manga takes place in 1611, and this the year when he begins practicing the zazen meditation. The recent chapters have a much more philosophist viewpoint than before. Musashi is thinking about the way of his life, what does it mean to be a swordman, life and death. I like these inner portrayals of his feelings (recent chapters) and for example a few chapters ago you could see his menacing aura cover the other swordsman in fear and run away.
A year later, he fights with Sasaki Koujirou. There are many other events that would be worth adaptating in his life after the duel with Koujirou, but it seems it would be the end of the manga. (Before his hiatus he said he'd finish the manga the same year)
By the way, the boy in this chapter will be Musashi's second adopted son when Musashi is around 40 years old.

P.S sorry for my poor English skills, I feel very bad today.
Didn't Miyamoto find the inventer of the Jo staff and invent two sowrd style? Those would be neat to see
Apr 9, 2018 6:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally, Musashi does not abandon Iori!!! ;)
May 9, 2019 2:32 AM
Oct 2018
LuffyVsNaruto said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

You write that long ago but it’s exactly how I feel right now. It’s not that I want more fight at all it’s just that I dont’ get why he isn’t going find Otsu and Jotaro. Like you want stop fighting perfect but why stop there with Iori that you just met while you gave up Otsu and Jotaro. And I guess he is gonna to do so for seven years or something like that since Matahachi said, while telling the story that he disappears seven years.
This manga really lost me when it start with Matahachi telling the story from the future and this 7 years elipse thing. Now when I read this manga it just made me frustrated and it’s a shame since I love it for so long now.
Apr 11, 2020 9:09 PM

Apr 2016
Seeing Takezo look after this kid is sorta refreshing. It's a nice contrast to the usual spiral of death that reverberates in this manga.
Nov 29, 2020 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
Lmao Musashi got a new child abandoning Jotaro xD!!
Jun 17, 2023 2:07 AM
Jun 2015
Looks like Musashi isn't abandoning Iori! He will stay for the foreseeable future, interesing.
Chapter 301 was definitely the turning point for Musashi and now the last 2 chapters have shown us the "new Musashi", it truly looks like he is done with killing for now, he just wants to recapture the love for life and Farming is a great metaphor for that since you give life to plants and take care of them.
"Old Musashi" would have said good luck kid and left for the next fight, him admitting in 301 his love for Otsu and now staying with Iroi shows that Musashi has opened up and developed a new level of empathy for himself, because before that he was a cold blooded murderer, now he only fights to defend himself from the looks of it!
I am really interested how this farming arc will shape Musashi!

At the people here hating that he abandond Jotaro and Otsu, well I am certain he will return to them in the future, but for now it seems its the right thing for him to stay here and rediscover himself as a human being.
Sep 18, 2023 7:12 AM

Aug 2022
How'll the kid survive all by himself?
Apr 10, 2:15 PM

Jan 2020
Iori hugging Musashi like he hugged the tree was heartwarming fr. Musashi finally stays for once instead of leaving off. Seems he'll look after the kid, finally escaping the spiral of death? Amazing character development for sure
man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.