Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hyouka Episode 6 Discussion

Dec 11, 2015 9:58 AM

Try some moderation, m'kay? Ep 6.

Plot: Chitanda's teacher makes an error in class that causes her to get angry. However she does not understand why she got angry and so enlist the CC to find out. Turns out he just misread the classrooms. As an aside, the seven deadly sins are discussed and the reminder that treating them as absolutes is wrong but indulging in them in moderation should be the acceptable limit.

Character: We get more into the heads of Chitanda and Oreiki. Chitanda is odd in he thinking but she does carry a sort of wisdom. Her getting angry is still a mystery even when the teacher's mistake is revealed but it may be that she decided to incur some wrath to set things right.

Oreiki checks himself a bit. While he has been quite smart at deducing things, he still has a lot to learn when it comes to people. Like Chitanda. He can't say that he really knows her. That would be an example of swelled pride.

Animation/sound: This is more of a simple story so the newest animation are a bit more smaller scale. The pencil drawing had a cute aesthetic. The little chibi angel Chitandas and the holy Angel Chitanda were a cute but kinda scary sight to behold and tied back to the sins debate.

3/5. A small story and okay for the most part.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.

Mar 24, 2016 5:16 PM
All these cutes little Chitandas <3

Apr 1, 2016 4:31 PM
When they were wondering why Chitanda got angry been thinking through the whole episode she was on her period lol.

May 11, 2016 9:04 PM

Basically those "sins" describes how our world works right now .
Though , on the way how it is interesting would make me a bit of a sinner .
Nah , its just a "spur-of-the-moment." thing . Don't bother .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 12, 2016 4:57 AM

Well i lost my writing for this episode.. xD ops mostly tought tho it was interesting and funnyweird as well video for next was just perfect , a bath scene xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.

Jun 6, 2016 10:35 AM

I feel like the romantic side of the anime is beginning to show <3

Jun 21, 2016 9:03 PM

Oreki definitely had a little acid trip there when the tiny angels showed up...

A subtle hint to Chitanda being "all over him"?
Still Level 0 but I'm trying my best

Aug 5, 2016 6:12 PM
wow. As a single moment in math class generated something like a discussion of these. Oreki was smart, but I confess that it was very simple.
It was a very weak compared to previous episode.
Apparently the Chitanda is very good girl / pious to accept as well the teacher's error after Oreki explain it to her. Comedy at the beginning of the episode was good, but the middle and the end was average.
now realized at the end of each episode appears a different phrase in the footer; I think like to know all phrases.
because of title of episode. I wait more action and agressive moment,but he is very simple,moe and weak.

Nov 7, 2016 6:01 PM

This was an okay episode not too impactful

Dec 20, 2016 7:41 AM

Was I the only one who thought this episode was terrible. Like chitanda is bloody annoying, I just it's unrealistic for her nagging to go unnoticed. Like something as simple as the teacher making a mistake is needs solving? Like bloody hell, show is simply overrated. I just can't get over this episode. Everyone makes the show look so grand like it's actually that good but honestly the whole premise is bland and because I've watched so many other shows I know this. Does chitanda have him under a spell. None of these things add up

Jan 5, 2017 3:59 PM
If anybody could identify the book Houtarou's reading in this episode, I'd be much obliged.

Feb 14, 2017 6:45 PM

verdun said:
If anybody could identify the book Houtarou's reading in this episode, I'd be much obliged.

It appears to be 夏の災厄 (Natsu no Saiyaku, "Summer Disaster") by 篠田節子 (Shinoda Setsuko).

(Hint: the kanji input by radicals on Jisho.org is really useful for searching.)

May 30, 2017 10:36 AM

Chitanda = cute

Mini Chitandas = cuteness overload
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 5, 2017 5:48 PM

An enjoyable episode.

The Mini-Chitandas. 10/10

Nov 21, 2017 7:36 PM

That was honestly kind of stupid. The math question 'mystery' really took me out of the episode.

First of all, adding a range adds a trivial level of difficulty to the problem, and I highly doubt that the 'smartest' math student would be unable to determine if any of the roots gave y values in the range, barring not understanding what the notation meant.

The real offender here is that the equation had only complex solutions, but there was a restriction on x s.t. x∈[0,3]... so there's no damn solution anyway!

Anyway, students and teachers alike can make mistakes while solving, or even writing questions down. There was no damn mystery here...

Apr 30, 2018 5:40 AM

Oreki is seriously getting scared of Chitanda and I have to say she can be a bit annoying in her curiousness. Like wanting someone else to find out why she got angry? Even though the solution was pretty easy to see, especially since he looked at the class sign in the beginning.

Onsen episode incoming :>

Feb 8, 10:41 AM
Polish Hussar

nothing hapenned in this episode XD

Apr 4, 9:37 AM

enitre episode wasted of unimportant "math" problem. xDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Jul 7, 2:11 PM

Didn't like the first episodes, then the whole thing about Chitanda's uncle caught my attention. Now I'm bored again :( Apparently it gets better with the festival arc or something? I'm waiting for it. I was expecting them to help the students or deal with the students or some stuff like that... Something more like Oregairu maybe? Still, I don't feel like the episodes take that much longer to pass. I check it when I'm bored and they're almost at the end. The pacing is slow, so it helps, I guess. But I'm still waiting to understand why the anime has such a high score, is so popular and why my friends like it so much. Let's see with the next episodes...

Aug 6, 3:47 PM

They really spent a good minute bantering lol. The mystery in this episode was the definition of mundane (not like that's a bad thing). Sometimes a fella needs to stop and find the beauty in everyday life. This episode did feel more like it was explaining Eru's disposition

Sep 17, 11:18 PM

ep 6 makes me worried about the state of teaching in Japan...are there a lot of teachers that can traumatize kids by yelling at them with impunity?

Chitanda looking for a reason to "let Omichi off the hook" feels like a kind of Stockholm syndrome or suggests anger is not supposed to be expressed by the subordinate (students, female) but the anger of authorities is allowed to have free reign. Similarly, the librarian's cynical reflection on the student activism in episode 5 is harsher on the students who "acted like their toys were taken way," rather than on the school authorities who persecuted Jun Sekitani.

Oct 2, 8:04 AM

This episode was so dumb; I know it came off the heels of the first big mystery being solved, but this mystery just felt pointless. It's a nice group of characters to follow but we didn't learn anything new about them or have any interaction that felt different from previous interactions.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮

Nov 27, 5:26 PM

I like how always Oreki wants to make a deduction to impress her rather than a logical deduction.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]