Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2008 2:51 PM
Sep 2008
can anyone tell me where i can find vol 7? i have 1-6 and love them!
Feb 8, 2009 11:33 AM

Jul 2007
Looks like it's not out in English yet. :(

oh, these little earthquakes
Feb 5, 2011 4:20 AM

Feb 2008
I wonder what the hold up is with Tokyopop. Vol 7 was supposedly supposed to be released a long while ago (a couple years ago now), and its been delayed sense then. I hope they didn't cancel it completely. (They only had just one more figgin volume to go!!!) I'd really like to finish reading this and i've already started to add it to my collection.

But seeing how Tokyopop is taking too long, i'm ready to bite the bullet and read a scanlation for it then buy it later...problem is there are no fan translations for this series on the net beyond vol 1.

If anyone is up to the challenge, I'll search/clean/edit a copy of vol 7 is someone is willing to translate it.
Nov 23, 2011 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
TokyoPop ended with manga translating so no 7th volume for us... I wanted to buy them all but now...? I'm really angry and sad... it's a really good story... :(
Hope someone will translate it soon...
Aug 1, 2016 10:35 PM
Mar 2014
It's upsetting to know that a good series was never continued or finished. The art, the storyline, and the development the characters had are still by far one of the best. For this to not be continued, or finished is heart-breaking...
Nov 16, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2015
For the novel series I found what the 3rd volume cover was going to look like. I found it on a Walmart online shopping page with out of stock on the message.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Good-Witch-of-the-West-Novel-3/10164388

It would seem they planned to release the 3rd novel volume in November 2008, but didn't do so due to them trying to acquire too many licenses on manga and the occasional LNs.

Tokyopop sure made some poor business decisions. They should've been like Viz and acquired a few at a time to release and sell before acquiring so many.

They needed to make sure the titles work. They shouldn't have tried buying as many as possible and seeing what stuck. That was too much risk for them to take on.

Plus for them to cheat out the publishing companies in Japan on the money for the licenses was a bad idea. They are slowly regaining their reputation in the European market on licenses on Japan manga, so there's hope they'll try to come back to the U.S. market in the future.
RandomcardcaptorNov 16, 2019 10:13 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nishi no Yoki Majo Chapter 36 Discussion

Pande91 - Aug 1, 2021

0 by Pande91 »»
Aug 1, 2021 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.