Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion

May 18, 2016 7:36 PM

That opening scene had me laughing. It's a boy! LMAO

I didn't really like this. The directing style isn't really my thing.

Jun 6, 2016 11:43 PM

A surprisingly strong start for a 40 episode series. Oscar is impressive, Andre sympathetic and they seem to have the right amount of chemistry from the very first episode, which I feel is definitely going to be one of the features of this anime.

The tone is quite melodramatic at times, and in a good way. As long as it doesn't go overboard...
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 7, 2017 10:35 PM

Wow, I think I'm hooked already. The setting is excellent, and Oscar seems like a badass MC. Plus I'm a huge sucker for those classic 70s OPs, dat bass!

Sep 21, 2017 1:57 PM
don't know why but the opening reminded me of assassin's creed 2's opening.
good first episode, and i really like the background musics.

Nov 7, 2017 1:45 AM

This looks pretty nice. Audio quality isn't bad; I expected a lot more compression and artifacts, due to its age. I wonder if the visual quality can keep up for 40 episodes, without recycled cuts. I'm not very into the hyper-emphasized drama (feels too old-school, and yet not absurdly over-the-top like JoJo). But I did like, for example, that scene where Oscar and her best friend were fighting in that secluded location.

Dec 10, 2017 12:37 PM

Really awesome art and I'm also fond of the setting,this is most likely going to be great.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Feb 7, 2018 11:46 AM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Really strong first episode.I for one wasn't a big fan of Utena which was inspired by this, but was definitely a fan of this first episode.

Oct 20, 2018 8:12 PM
</overrated>

I wasn't expecting so much to happen in episode 1. Heck I wasn't expecting to be overwhelmed like I did but here I am. So excited for this.

Oct 21, 2018 7:24 PM

Stripes said:
I wasn't expecting so much to happen in episode 1. Heck I wasn't expecting to be overwhelmed like I did but here I am. So excited for this.
I started watching this about 20 days ago. I just finished it today and saw that someone commented on episode 1. This show gets slow at time, but keep with it, it truly is incredible.

Jan 5, 4:00 PM

Ah, gender roles the anime.

I wonder why Oscar didn't hurt her face when her father pushed her down the stairs.

It broke me a little when she decided her path with putting the military uniform on herself thus throwing away her womanhood. She's still such a beautiful rose.
Shame on her father, really. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't live a life of a boy.

It was a good first episode. I'm sold to watch further.

Feb 23, 5:46 AM

It's annoying to see people being greedy for a male child but this man went too far. I like Oscar, really interesting to see how this goes.

May 29, 8:08 PM

I'm not into girls beating up guys if it doesn't seem feasible, but I think they did a good job here. 14 year old Oscar looked pretty much equally built to the 15 year old servant.

I watched Anne of Green Gables just before this and it also started with parents wanting a boy and ending up with a girl.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]