Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 25, 2012 12:27 PM
Sep 2010
Which one do you sympathize with more and why? Which one deserves more blame?
hartschaoticaMay 25, 2012 12:30 PM
May 25, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
As the japanese say: jigou jitoku. Neither of them deserve any sympathy
brimskebMay 25, 2012 12:42 PM
May 25, 2012 12:44 PM
Aug 2011
I blame Sekai - She was the one that lead on Makoto to go after Kotonoha, then she blatantly "stole" him from Kotonoha.

I feel sympathy for Kotonoha - She didn't do anything wrong, and had her fragile spirit broken by Makoto(Technically through Sekai, and the other hoes)
May 25, 2012 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
the bitch kotonoha was acting like the virgin mary thats why sekai managed to steal makoto. Getting bullied around through the 12 episodes. you cant sympathize with someone like that.
May 26, 2012 1:56 AM

Sep 2011
I originally prefered Sekai because I liked her personality more than Kotonoha's.
However, as the series progressed I ended up feeling sorry for Kotonoha and warming up to her, and thinking that she had done nothing wrong and yet she was still being extremly under-appreciated by Makoto and being dragged down by the other girls.
I honestly expected it to end with her killing Sekai, rather than after Sekai killed Makoto XD
May 30, 2012 10:14 PM
Sep 2010
Honestly, I sympathize with Kotonoha the most. I felt like Sekai was to blame for most of what happened.

Let me explain.

Sekai likes Makoto even before she meets him but then when she does...finds out he likes Kotonoha. Instead of trying to compete with her and win his heart in a normal way, she pretends to be Kotonoha's friend - knowing that she's rather shy and withdrawn. And then sets Makoto up to confess to Kotonoha (not noticing any initial interest from Kotonoha towards Makoto), expecting him to be turned down by her. This is where her plan goes terribly wrong, Kotonoha ends up liking Makoto as much as he likes her (if not more).

In an act of desperation, Sekai consistently teases Makoto - even going as far as having "practice" groping and eventually sex with him. Feeling ashamed of how horrible she is for inabling him to cheat on his girlfriend, Sekai blocks it out of her mind and becomes delusional...thinking that Makoto is her boyfriend now because she gave him some ass.

Sekai became overly infatuated with him and expected compensation for her blatantly wrong doing. Which led to resentment when Makoto didn't want her anymore because he only wanted her for the body that she dangled in front of him out of jealousy of Kotonoha. Her killing him wasn't out of "love" but because she was ashamed that she had given him so much and hadn't gotten anything in return. Which isn't what true love is about.

Therefore, I primarily blame Sekai.
Jun 1, 2012 10:50 AM

Nov 2009
I prefer Sekai, I always have done in this. She felt like how any normal girl would act. She liked Makoto but feared being rejected.

Seeing that he had a thing for Kotonoha, she decided to play matchmaker to get closer to him. Maybe even be there for him as sort of a "rebound" if things went wrong. She miscalculated though, I dont think she was expecting Kotonoha to like him back. After all, Kotonoha's demeanour was mentioned to make her unapproachable by guys because of how pretty she was...earning her the resentment of everyone. I dont think Sekai could have predicted the outcome, so instead of getting closer to Makoto and being his pillar of support, she inadvertantly pushed him into the arms of another.

I never liked Kotonoha at all throughout the series, she always seemed like she was too good for Makoto and the shyness, though understandable was really overplayed on her part. It's no wonder that Makoto strayed when given the opportunity. Hell he is a teenage guy, I dont know many that would really stay true to his girlfriend in that situation.

But yes, this argument needs a Setsuna option. I thought she was a better match for Makoto than Kotonoha was by miles. The whole saving her from being bullied thing and seeing her toughen up because of him was nice, certainly a good setup for romance. At least in my eyes anyway.
Apr 3, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
Sekai.

Apr 7, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
I like Sekai better and Kotonoha was mostly to blame
Apr 18, 2014 1:08 AM

Apr 2014
I just felt bad for Makoto, he didn't deserve to die come on people wtf? He got setup by Sekai for the girl he liked, found out she was a bit too shy and embarassed. BUT AT THE SAME TIME Sekai wasn't and was there to give him everything he wanted, which led to him discovering other girls who also put out.

IF anything Makoto was just a regular guy growing up who happend to had alot of girls wanting his D.

end of discuission.
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Apr 18, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
I liked Kotonha, she may have been reserved but she was a lovely girl.

I also liked Sekai in the beginning but man, when she started pulling that practice shit with Makoto I began to despise her. She basically manipulated Makoto through sex because she knew Kotonha wasn't giving it too him.

Due to her practice sessions, Makoto's mindset completely changed. He started seeing other females as nothing more than sex objects, basically he thought it was okay to do what he was doing due to Sekai's manipulation.

Problem stems from Sekai, she suppressed her feelings for him in the beginning, then she completely fell for him and used the wrong tactic to win him over. Kotonoha was lovely man, more or less the right girl for him and Sekai fucked that up.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Jun 17, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2014
read Cross Days manga, School Days manga...and watch SD anime Makoto
compare all Makoto's there...If you hate how SD anime turned out..then play the Visual Novel...
then again...
I had to admit Kotonoha is very likable and so is Sekai( Only from the start till she started seducing Makoto).
I don't hate either of them but I rather prefer her:
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 17, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2011
Kotonoha.
Jun 23, 2014 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
I sympathise with Kotonoha!

That little b!tch Sekai can't make up her fricking mind, I have never hated a character so much that I hate her!

Makoto is just using Sekai to get s*x and Sekai was the one who paired Motoko and Katsura up, because she didn't have the courage to tell him her true feelings.

It was Sekai who started this damn mess with that practice s*x WTF is happening in her ugly little head?
removed-userJun 29, 2014 6:11 AM
Jul 15, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
Kotonoha

Sekai is a heartless slag
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 15, 2014 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
Kotonoha
Jul 28, 2014 5:40 PM

Apr 2014
I think some people in this thread forgot the last part of the final episode... you know, killing Sekai, holding Makoto's head on the yacht..
Sekai was probably the most sane of the three. Don't get me wrong though, I think all three of the characters did bad things.

I like SAO and I think School Days was a decent anime
<----shameless
Aug 4, 2014 2:10 AM

Aug 2014
nonono. sekai is all to blame. kotonoha is what we can say an empty disc. she is a naive in llove and society(e.g friends classmates family) gave her the wrong idea on love
Aug 4, 2014 2:45 AM

Nov 2009
Synklare said:
Kotonoha was lovely man, more or less the right girl for him and Sekai fucked that up.

Nah she wasn't. Not even at the start. The awkwardness was so thick between them any time they interacted that I just couldn't see any potential for anything at all between them. The fact that she wouldn't even let him touch her, pretty much at all despite them having been together a little while just amplified my dislike for her generally. I'm not a fan of holier than thou girls even if it's unintentional.

Maybe I just see the side of Kotonoha that the other girls like Otome and her group could see as I just found her bland and uninteresting and borderline unlike-able.

Should have just been Makoto and Sekai from the start then the story would have stayed pure without any of the melodrama.
Aug 6, 2014 5:59 PM
Jul 2012
Sekai since she was the one who despite already having feelings for Makoto did something as help him get together with his crush.
Aug 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Dec 2013
Kotonoha as Makoto was the reason she went nuts. Sekai always had the potential to kill while Kotonoha is normal up until she learns about Makoto and his degree in bullshitery
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 12:36 PM
Sep 2011
It's not that I hate Kotonoha but I just think that Sekai is a more interesting and realistic character than Kotonoha.Her actions were very believable .
Sep 22, 2014 11:48 AM
Sep 2014
I guess not many people comment here, but that's fine with me. Less drama to worry about, lol. Anyway, I've commented in other threads, but just to keep the ball rolling, I'll add to this one. My interest in School Days grew while playing another game, and I was glad I looked into my curiosity. A couple weeks later, I'm 40% done with the VN now. I can understand the disappointment with the anime's story since the viewer has no control over what happens, but the VN completely changes that and you get to see things from different points of view and learn things about the characters that way. I encourage anyone who was ever into the anime to get the VN, even if the only problem that exists is having the hard drive space (over 12 Gb) to handle it. It's worth the trouble. And this is coming from someone who used to hate reading and would rather play action games.
Sep 22, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2013
Sekai killed Makoto so she has my kokoro forever

Sep 22, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
Kotonoha, because she's the real victim of all the show.
Feb 10, 2016 11:28 AM
Feb 2016
I felt sorry for Sawanaga...
Feb 10, 2016 11:37 AM

Nov 2014
Boat is the best ship.

Feb 19, 2016 4:11 AM
Aug 2015
TwiggyThePiggy said:
I felt sorry for Sawanaga...

I did too, until he turned out to be a little bit rapey.

I sympathise with Kotonoha, she was all alone until Sekai befriended her, and that turned out to be under false pretences. The one person she thought was her friend betrayed her and stole her (admittedly crappy) boyfriend just as she was trying so hard to come out of her shell for him. She is bullied, marginalised, deserted by the person she thought loved her, and eventually raped by a classmate, with nobody to lean on for any support. And in all that time she never hurt anyone, she was the one being hurt over and over again. The only thing she did wrong was to trust people who did not deserve her trust.
Feb 21, 2016 6:07 PM
Feb 2016
Honestly I feel bad for kotonaha as her bestfriend went out with her boyfriend in secret and had sex with her then he also cheated on Sakai and kotonoha with another girl then breaking up with kotonaha leading her into insanity and then processing to cheat on Sakai with her friend and four others. Like come on all kotonaha did was say she didn't like pervy stuff.

But seriously did anyone else's chest get heavy and heart like pound wen Sakai stabbed makoto and u saw his pupil shrink, then after stabbing him multiple times how he took his last energy to place his hand on her shirt and saying her name, and how u didn't know if that was to beg for mercy or forgiveness or even to say he loves her.
This scene like actually made me lose currently 2 nights of sleep and I don't know exactly why.
Feb 21, 2016 6:21 PM

Jan 2016
Kotonoha is the only decent character in this s***fest... so yeah.
Dec 14, 2016 3:01 PM
Dec 2016
Neither of them, because Kotonoha was wat too shy and she was like "I have big breasts so I can run away every time you hug me because you are a pervert" and Sekai was a total bitch, she help Makoto and Kotonoha and when they were finally together she just stole Kotonoha´s boyfriend so I don´t like those characters :v
Jan 11, 2021 7:38 PM
Oct 2020
Katsura if anyone
Sekai is like the worst wtf
Worse than her Makoto and the 3 hoes that cheated behind their friend's back especially the bitch w/ a bf smfh
Feb 6, 2021 7:26 PM
Dec 2017
there wasn't any good guy in this nightmare truth be told.

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1285 by Atsunome »»
Apr 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

206 by Atsunome »»
Apr 22, 1:37 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

203 by Atsunome »»
Apr 22, 1:21 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

176 by Atsunome »»
Apr 22, 1:03 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Phrosh - Aug 22, 2007

123 by Atsunome »»
Apr 22, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.