Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2008 6:30 PM

May 2008
I'll get to the point... I was going around on Aoshen's site and I happened upon the staff page. I saw this in the comments...

"Writing to let you guys know: I got a notice from my ISP informing me of a copyright infringement issue on the third episode of Tetsuwan Birdy. It specifically pertained to AoShen.

I’m not tech-savvy enough to understand what, specifically, the issue was. Was it the act of downloading, or the act of uploading? How was it being traced?"

Now I went around on Wikipedia and the Grand High Licensing List and as far as I could tell Birdy has not been licensed (except by a company in japan for broadcasting of course).

Is he just a troll? I'm in North America so does the copyright apply to me?
Sep 22, 2008 6:55 PM

Feb 2007
Probably the same issue as Sekirei some time ago. It's the Japanese companies getting a bit more strict over their products, licensed or not. As far as I know, Tetsuwan Birdy Decode isn't licensed.
Sep 22, 2008 7:06 PM

May 2008
Well at the very least I avoid torrents like the plague and only download unlicensed stuff and only use torrents when absolutely necessary.

What I want to know is if they are just suing anyone they can get their hands on or just people that seed for an extended period of time.

Am I correct in assuming DDL from XDCC or HTTP is safe?

I wish the commenter had written what country he was from...or am I just being paranoid?
Sep 22, 2008 8:52 PM

Jun 2007
chaoswings said:
Well at the very least I avoid torrents like the plague and only download unlicensed stuff and only use torrents when absolutely necessary.

What I want to know is if they are just suing anyone they can get their hands on or just people that seed for an extended period of time.

Am I correct in assuming DDL from XDCC or HTTP is safe?

I wish the commenter had written what country he was from...or am I just being paranoid?

They haven't sued anyone including subbing groups, at least not to my knowledge. They've been sending out cease and desist letters to subbing groups and people, which basically say, stop sharing the listed shows that we own a license to via p2p programs. If you don't then we will take legal action. This is why subbing groups have been stopping.

The fact is even if a show isn't licensed in the US or the country your from, it's still someones intellectual property and they can take legal action against you.
Sep 23, 2008 1:15 AM

More topics from this board

» BEST way to Enjoy Tetsuwan Birdy Series

Rustyze - Mar 2, 2016

8 by Jeehen »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:18 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ohmiharu - Jul 5, 2008

64 by PtitTete »»
Apr 10, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 12 Discussion

Jacut - Sep 21, 2008

30 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 14, 2021 2:18 PM

» Is this Shyamalan M. Night Shyamalan?

ran88dom99 - Nov 29, 2011

1 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 12, 2021 2:49 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 7 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Aug 20, 2008

26 by Punkero »»
Feb 15, 2021 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.