Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2012 11:13 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it looks like for the first half Xiao-Mei is trying really hard to persuade Rick of not being the person behind the attack. Sadly she forgot the wound she got. It’s also sad that it certainly does fool a little Rick despite having doubts but does not fool me at all. She is indeed the one of the attacks and the wound she got is obvious of it. Rick has all the more to wonder about.

Nice conversation between Hans and Amelia but also with the conversation he had with Rick in the spoiler
it’s always cool for Hans to get screen time. He is one heck of Character design not common in animes but perhaps such as Record of Lodoss War.

About the beginning, nice to see Airy feeding Kaguya and of Rick being concerned over her. While I appreciated Amil meeting Hans, seems he did not take the beverage offered to him. Well that’s bad! I would take anything offered to me by Amil. Nice to see Rick going through the cupboard here while showing a nice bread depiction here. It was kind of obvious that Madara in the spoiler
along with Rick’s flashbacks that something is concerning Rick a lot. I also have some doubts around that guy of the orphanage TBH. He seems deceiving a little. It’s nice to know that looking through the window, worrying are Airy and Neris here.

About Xiao Mei’s visit, as much as Xiao-Mei in the spoiler
was MOE! Wonderful in her serving, which exposed quite a nice amount of her chest’s cleavage at the very least and most of all her expressions while trying to brush off her wound’s true cause. This leads to her eye glare and finally a Rick doubting glare here. That shows Rick is doubting her. She still was MOE in eating that fish bread too.

Hans’s fixing up the furnace, it’s done in the spoiler
finally fixed! Glad it happened nicely.

Rick’s walk on the beach and meeting Xiao-Mei. Quite nice background at first to show out. While I won’t deny the beautification of the beach and atmosphere in the spoiler
it was done nicely. It’s also on PAR with the quality of EF series. It leads up to a nice Rick x Xiao-Mei for shippers to truly see their interactions while being alone is a bliss for them. I separate it into 3 points:

A) The beach part in the spoiler
it shows how nice Mei’s smiles are and legging swinging. The MOE of her in that part is nicely shown and the environment is once again nicely done.

B) When giving the kids toys in the spoiler
Xiao-Mei’s compassion was so great. It showed Rick that Xiao-Mei at very least is a nice person that gives away the kids. A compassion in helping the less fortunate. Not something common among her job traits TBH.

C) Finally the last stroll as they say in the spoiler
where Xiao-Mei’s charms come out in regards to the plushy she is holding.

So that being said one can appreciate that is exciting Xiao-Mei x Rick ordeal. I know I did.

About back at shop, from the looks of the girls reactions in the spoiler
it translates as half serious and MOE/happy. With Madara being there, it was obvious the serious was resolved or postponed till it does get resolved. Well Amil and Rick’s smiles were the best but that’s only due to leading it up to something.

About Amil x Rick, IT’S HEREEEEEEE! Finally some Amil x Rick alone time. Hence the something that leads up to this part. First of all I like Amil’s way of sneaking up on Rick in the spoiler
while her smile was quite the MOE treat. It went further to please me that a beach stroll occurs in the spoiler
a most bliss for me.
I truly like a lot Airy and Amil in this series. So for me either one to be with Rick alone is great. Neris being left out does not bother me. Amil’s smile at the end of that beach stroll were MOE once again. Perhaps more than last ones.

About back at the shop take 2, well in the spoiler
it shows how much the girls are happy at being able to bake again. Many of the fans are also. Notice the shop now has a terasse to eat outside. Pretty neat IMO. Finally I cannot deny the happiness of Kaguya waking up in the spoiler
she looks much better.

About the end of the episode, so in thee end I could not believe my eyes at the following,

PIRATESSSSSSSSSSSSS! THEY ARE HERE! OH SHIT! Time for action! The ship is huge! Big like never and the pirates designs are nicely done in the spoiler
that is KICKASS DESIGNS! So hyper over them. I don’t know but I like that guy in the following,

the way he looks in there. Finally, looks like shit will stir in the spoiler
for next episode. Girls are anxious.

About preview, one thing in the spoiler
WTF is that. Who is that? What is the problem there? What is the situation. Well it looks bad IMO. This will be wild next episode!
Yumekichi11May 24, 2012 1:41 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 24, 2012 12:21 PM

Nov 2007
No OP, which was aired as an inserted song. So the island is full of people with past is different from present.

It is also fixed.

The guy getting chance to ask the cat girl about last ep. So she admits. And she knows about the prince testing him. Which is real self... He's being thinking of that after the visit with her. She came back to answer his answer... unluck the "key" and help out the poor children.

Then he announced to the girls that he wants to find out about the past, which he can use the sword. However, he admits who he is now and chose to be bakery worker.

Reopened bakery with restaurant?

The girl who got ashore recently shows smile.

Pirates and more people coming to the island??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2012 12:58 PM

Nov 2008
It's Dylan and oh shit that rival pirate crew and dear god what an oversized WWII-esque battleship.

Kaguya is finally up and smiling.

I like the new Madera's Bakery. it has an outdoor cafe which is really nice.

May 24, 2012 1:38 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
I though it was more of Rick's bakery since Hans fixed it, I though he would pitch in a little extra! ROFL! Guess not.

Yeah then Madera might get more popular on Sunny days. I know IRL they are very $$$ for restaurants.

May 25, 2012 5:50 AM
Mar 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
]WTF is that. Who is that? What is the problem there? What is the situation. Well it looks bad IMO. This will be wild next episode!

Looking from the clothes, it looks like it is Rick washed ashore. Maybe a flashback scene.

Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
I though it was more of Rick's bakery since Hans fixed it, I though he would pitch in a little extra! ROFL! Guess not.

Yeah then Madera might get more popular on Sunny days. I know IRL they are very $$$ for restaurants.

It is Rick's and the girls bakery, looks like Hanks finished repairing the oven..

The girls (Airy, Neris, Amil) were also washed ashore like Rick and Kaguya and it looks like people who washed ashore doesn't really remember their past, it's a coincidence or not?

It looks like there are also 2 teams of pirates now.
One with a normal wooden ship and one with a warship (which some of their ships were destroyed in Episode 3).
I wonder why is there so much gap in their technology? Maybe the warship came from a really far away land or possibly another world..
melina_putriMay 25, 2012 7:26 AM
May 25, 2012 8:44 AM

Oct 2010
Pretty cool episode. Loved the exchange between Rick and Xiao-Mei. More pirates next week. Hopefully new intro. ^^
May 25, 2012 8:48 AM

Dec 2011
The conversation between Rick and Xiao-Mei was great. Though I don't quite understand why Xiao-Mei was the burglar. Like Amil said, I think that is inevitable that Rick will leave sooner or later.
May 25, 2012 9:45 AM

May 2012
Xiao-Mei is there to try and find what the Royalty is deviously hiding.

I KNEW it! it's people who wash up on the island that lose their memory. It's not that the people lose their memory, but that someone/something forces them to lose their memory before they get on the island. And I'm sure it has everything to do with the royal family, but maybe not?

I don't trust those people at ALL!

Xiao-Mei <3
May 25, 2012 10:15 AM

Jan 2012
A decent episode, some information about Xiao-Meis stealing purpose. Also pirates at the end. What will happen I wonder? Looking forward to next episode.

May 25, 2012 11:02 AM

Jun 2011
I came to like Xiao-Mei more than before now, I think she is more interesting than the three others ^_^ . But still the anime returned to it is slow-paced flow, if this is only 12 episodes I suppose we won't get to see much things happen in the last episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2012 11:15 AM

Oct 2010
Seiya0890 said:
I suppose we won't get to see much things happen in the last episodes.
OH NO NO! It's the opposite. I am expecting episode 10, 11 and 12 to be action packed with tons of budget pouring from what is saved up. It always works like that with some series.

May 25, 2012 12:43 PM

Apr 2010
So the girls where washed ashore as well quite a surprise if you ask me.
I wonder where they originally came from what are there background story's and are there more people around that washed ashore it just makes me wonder about the island population.
Why is Xiao-mei trying so hard to get stuff from the castle and what are the people in the castle up to there seems to be something hidden up there sleeve not to mention the knowledge the prince had about Rick.
And what is with the pirate's coming to the island part which we saw in the preview i thought the island was pretty much closed of from the rest of the world.
May 25, 2012 1:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
the eye candy Xiao-Mei the character designs are really very good. I think there's a story being told also, just not sure yet (I sort of miss a lot of the dialog whenever Xiao-Mei is on the screen).
May 25, 2012 1:57 PM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Seiya0890 said:
I suppose we won't get to see much things happen in the last episodes.
OH NO NO! It's the opposite. I am expecting episode 10, 11 and 12 to be action packed with tons of budget pouring from what is saved up. It always works like that with some series.

Let's hope it will be the case this time as well, but I wouldn't mind if we get more actions before ^_^ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2012 2:20 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the Xiao-mei parts. Interested to see what that huge ship is exactly.
May 25, 2012 4:23 PM

Dec 2011
Xiao Mei....... MOE
May 25, 2012 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
Xiao Mei is awesome, now a confirmed fact. The episode was enjoyable, i'm looking forward to some more of Rick and group's backgrounds and Hirohashi Ryou next week.

But... just what's up with that motherfucking huge battle ship by the end of episode?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 25, 2012 5:42 PM

May 2011
So rick and the chinese girl had some conversation.

Oh and looks like something bad is going to happen
May 25, 2012 5:45 PM

Jul 2011
Love Xiao Mei
May 25, 2012 11:34 PM

May 2010
it was alright nothing special
May 26, 2012 9:02 AM

May 2011
Yeah didn't anticipate that the other girls drifted onto the island either. It was faintly amusing to have Rick and Xiao Mei being pissed at each other when Xiao Mei wouldn't even explain why she's stealing anything. But it was nice seeing her coming around to tell Rick a little bit about why she's going through with it all.
May 26, 2012 4:35 PM

Jan 2008
Washing up on shore...apparently is a popular way of moving from one place to another. At least 5 characters have done it so far.
May 26, 2012 6:03 PM

Mar 2010
Shining hearts x harvest moon ... at least it feels like kinda.
I'm officially bored of the peaceful atmosphere.. doesn't feel like part of a shining series (at least so far?) Not many episodes left either
May 26, 2012 6:24 PM

Mar 2011
it seems that ship is the cause of why there are a lot of stranded people on the island
Good ep
May 27, 2012 4:03 AM
Mar 2012
MoonFox said:
Shining hearts x harvest moon ... at least it feels like kinda.
I'm officially bored of the peaceful atmosphere.. doesn't feel like part of a shining series (at least so far?) Not many episodes left either

I'm gonna guess you never played the game version..

Though it is as you said, the game play is really similar to Harvest Moon/Rune Factory series, the player has to do some foraging and collect ingredients to fulfill the citizens request which mostly involved bread making in order to advance the story.

Also, somehow monsters are completely doesn't exist (so far) in the anime version.
May 27, 2012 7:20 AM

Mar 2010
Still no action whatsoever, really slow paced.. The contents of the anime thus far could have been done in like 3 or 4 episodes.
May 27, 2012 7:50 AM

May 2010
So the girls came awashed from the shore like Rick, that's interesting !

May 27, 2012 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
I still don't really get this anime at all >.<

All I understand is Rick washed up on the island, became a baker, and has no memories of his previous life. Hank is keeping a robot that has mysterious effects/abilities related to whatever was dragged out of the ocean. Most of the episodes show the girls and Rick baking, delivering, and selling pan.

Is this anime just about bread with a little bit of plot about secrets to keep viewers guessing what is going on? (clearly I am doing it now =.=")

May 28, 2012 1:36 AM

Jan 2011
hanging on by a needle thread with this but mei was alright.
May 28, 2012 9:01 AM

May 2012
xuezhi said:
I still don't really get this anime at all >.<

All I understand is Rick washed up on the island, became a baker, and has no memories of his previous life. Hank is keeping a robot that has mysterious effects/abilities related to whatever was dragged out of the ocean. Most of the episodes show the girls and Rick baking, delivering, and selling pan.

Is this anime just about bread with a little bit of plot about secrets to keep viewers guessing what is going on? (clearly I am doing it now =.=")

From what I've read, that's pretty much how the game goes. it's VERy different from a usual Shining game. Probably why it didn't do so well.
Jun 6, 2012 5:27 PM

May 2011
Xiao-Mei was being really cute this episode.

Meh a part of me wants the status quo to stay the same and for Rick to just stay as a baker but another part of me wants otherwise. I'd feel really bad for Neris, Emil, and Airy if he just ends up giving up his baking job. Hmmm so all 3 of them are vagabonds too, oooh.
Jun 13, 2012 12:49 AM

Aug 2010
It's always nice when the best girl gets a lot of screen time. Who sent back the Super Yamato to medieval fantasy land #23.355? 4/5.
Jun 19, 2012 7:46 AM

Feb 2012
Screw the three main girls, Xiao Mei is that girl you would want but stupid Rick gives shit about romance.
Jul 3, 2012 10:46 AM

Jul 2011
Xiao Mei is <333
and oh shiiii- at that giant ship near the end
Oct 4, 2014 4:20 AM

Mar 2014
The Baker in realization , seeking the truth of all questions in doubt and worries .
A Thief of secrecy through overlapping qualities that aids who need care the most .
The choice of the "present job" . continuing the job of a new life . Le coeur is back !! ~
Apr 9, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
Although the appearance may suggest a TV series light enough, however I see my part some seriousness and incisiveness in the plot shown so far.
The same I can say that today's episode is quite thoughtful and showing a good deal of mysteries, are quite curious to find out what hides Xiao.
Do not hurt the atmosphere during the story, relaxing and cute; I also see that Xiao is not so secondary as a character, happy with everything. Very cute drawings, well-made.
terrablu2003Apr 9, 2015 8:28 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 26, 2012

63 by Syureria »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2012

77 by syncrogazer »»
May 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 12, 2012

148 by syncrogazer »»
May 18, 2020 8:12 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

72 by AllenVonStein »»
Jan 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Jun 21, 2012

41 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 13, 2015 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.