Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2012 10:41 AM

Jun 2011
I really like drawing, and I do pretty good when I see the picture in front of me, but I want to be able to drive a manga character from my memory, or even invent one by myself. Could you send me some websites or give me some advices where to start?
May 25, 2012 7:28 AM

Apr 2012
Just view some manga or movies that you have interest in, and then add different clothes to that character or hair style from another manga/movie you enjoyed and keep going until you have your own mental database of the perfect manga characters.
Go on this site they'll give you a hand on free drawing and ideas: http://www.deviantart.com/#

“Fear beyond rational limits forces people to cling to normality”
― Hiroya Oku
May 26, 2012 1:25 PM

Jan 2011
i got your back homie

sycra.net- has a shitload of resources including figure drawings, references, livestreams, communities, and etc. he provides seperate links so go ahead and click resources.

here are some things people said helped.
-learn fundamentals
-study anatomy. (pixelovely, posemaniac, andrew loomis book "warning this shit is boring to read")
-try to copy other peoples work like the process. (this is wear livestream or tutorials help). study from people like john singer sargeant or your favorite artists like redjuice. (theres a video of him working on youtube check under wacom or his ustream)
- draw in sketchbook for 30 minutes a day. i do this and its helpful.
-develop your own style. (someone said that a person never has an original style because its always inspired by something.) i think this is true so studying your favorite artists help.

if you wanna talk to me bout it somemore then give me a holla
this is my god damn signature.
May 26, 2012 2:42 PM

Apr 2011
Don't give up.
May 26, 2012 3:27 PM
Feb 2012
For me it worked following Claymore manga, I started to practice and I improved a lot :)
For a manga to work you need to like it, you need to have fun making it.

More topics from this board

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 4 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
2 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
3 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
7 hours ago

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Today, 9:23 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
Today, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.