Forum Settings
Forums

What is the worst anime you ever watched, and why?

Pages (139) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Oct 25, 2007 5:20 PM

One Piece hands down. Dropped it immediatly. Samurai Champloo was definitly a drop as well...however I saw the dub and I'm guessing the sub has to be at least a little better...

Oct 25, 2007 5:42 PM

sorairo said:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Hated it with passion.

i TOTALLY agree! i HAAAAATE IT, i have never hated another anime so much in my entire life. I wanted to beat up every single character SOOOO bad =__= i cant even say how i despise it!!!!

Oct 25, 2007 6:21 PM

magentaanbu said:
sorairo said:

i TOTALLY agree! i HAAAAATE IT, i have never hated another anime so much in my entire life. I wanted to beat up every single character SOOOO bad =__= i cant even say how i despise it!!!!

I also was not too thrilled with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, HOWEVER... I DID like the related OAV series Akane Maniax ^____^ It helps that it was completely different.

Oct 25, 2007 8:01 PM

yay~ i'm not the only one who didnt like kimi ga nozomu eien. i was beggining to think that like everyone loved it and i couldnt think of why D=

Nov 3, 2007 8:47 PM
Jin said:
Worst piece of crap i have ever seen is GUN-dou Musashi. This thing just sucked on an entirely different level.

GUN-Dou Musashi

LOL hahahahahahhahahahahaa

Nov 3, 2007 9:04 PM

Ooh, that's a tough one...if I could name the worst anime, I would. But I forgot the name of it...

I guess I'll just say "Neo Ranga". It, for some reason, really bugged me...probably because of the narrator always talking in the beginning, middle, and end of a 15-minute episode...

That's probably not the worst, but I'll get back to you if I think of it.

Nov 3, 2007 9:07 PM
kab3451 said:
another show i dont realy like so much is cowboy bebop / samurai champloo. I'm not gonna say the're the WORST, becase they're not. but I tend to not like shows that can stand alone, and dont have a continuous storyline. I felt like i was watching filler episodes the whole time. With CB, i was waiting for them to show more character development for faye and i was extremely dissappointed when they didnt. I like character developments in shows, and there wasn't much of that in Cowboy Bebop. I didnt get through enough of samurai champloo to be able to tell.

[/rantage]

what is your definition of character development anyways? i thought both series did well with character development. if anything, cowboy bebop focuses on character development. each episode reveals more about the characters, while actions and dialogue shows their growing bond. why you should really be hating it is that you wanted a more frank series where things must be pointed out.

Nov 3, 2007 9:08 PM

magentaanbu said:
sorairo said:

kab3451 said:
yay~ i'm not the only one who didnt like kimi ga nozomu eien. i was beggining to think that like everyone loved it and i couldnt think of why D=

*cries* I've found people who dislike KGNE! I thought I was the only one! *sobs*

You three have officially become my new best friends :P

Oh and I really disliked Saikano too.

Nov 3, 2007 10:49 PM

I guess the one series that I really, really disliked would have to be Air. By the end, I ended up hating every single character in that anime.

Nov 4, 2007 12:37 AM

Iriya said:
Oh and I really disliked Saikano too.

That's because Saikano was terrible!

Nov 4, 2007 1:36 PM

1. School Days
Well the starting is quite good and I like the music, but whats with the stupid random-oh-you-are-a-girl, i need to sleep with you attitude towards the end. Nothing to say about ep12 though but if only they don't make Makoto like a pimp and just stick with the few main characters,it wouldnt turn out to be so bad, what it did only makes me think that the production company just wanted to get fast profit with this kind of story, totally pathetic.

2. Final Fantasy Unlimited
A total disappointment from an avid FF fan. Aside from the above average OP/ED and some summons, the story totally a lost cause.

3. Dear Boys
I like the manga but the anime really drags too much.

Nov 4, 2007 1:43 PM

Amaenaideyo.....
[rant]
I hate animes when the whole things about the dude getting the shit
beat out of him by every girl around him. GOD that so tired.
I wish anime studios would just end that trend.It stop being funny after the first time. [/rant]

Nov 4, 2007 2:20 PM

magentaanbu said:
sorairo said:

O.O!!! KGNE is the best!

I hate FLCL/Furii Kurii it's just too lame.

Nov 4, 2007 3:16 PM

My worst anime ever would have to be a tie between Melody of Oblivion and Brain Powerd. Brain Powerd is simply the most incoherent piece of rubbish known to the Japanese animation industry - my review puts my case a little better, so read that. Melody of Oblivion, on the other hand...possibly the most pretentious thing ever made. Stupid, to a staggering degree, and the series was clearly possessed of the opinion that it was meant to mean something, when in point of fact it didn't make any points or have anything to say whatsoever. Urgh, it hurts.

Nov 4, 2007 3:25 PM

Inuyasha.
pointless anime!
especially because of the ending!

Nov 4, 2007 7:09 PM

Ammy said:
Inuyasha.
pointless anime!
technically it didn't end, they just stopped. If you want closure read the still ongoing manga series.

Nov 4, 2007 7:18 PM

Ammy said:
Inuyasha.
pointless anime!

wow just when I was thinking I was the only one!

I can't remember at what episode I stopped exactly or if I even saw the ending, but some where around after watching the 100th windscar against pointless enemies, and after the 56th time they practically killed naraku, more than once in the same episode, and then he ran away in less then two seconds...yeah that pissed me off.

Nov 4, 2007 7:24 PM

Eiken. I just didnt get it

Nov 4, 2007 11:22 PM

sHsIkuA said:

1. School Days
Well the starting is quite good and I like the music, but whats with the stupid random-oh-you-are-a-girl, i need to sleep with you attitude towards the end. Nothing to say about ep12 though but if only they don't make Makoto like a pimp and just stick with the few main characters,it wouldnt turn out to be so bad, what it did only makes me think that the production company just wanted to get fast profit with this kind of story, totally pathetic.

i think the whole point of it was to make you hate Makoto. But I hated it too.

Eiken is another one I hate. I watched random episodes and all I saw was ecchi crap. One thing I remember watching: a girl with a big chocolate covered banana in her mouth complaining how it's weird she can't hold it even though she's used to holding bigger ones. I mean WTF?

The original hellsing makes my list only because I love the manga. It was cool until the Valentine brothers. After that it was crap.

Almost forgot bobobobobobobo. I never watched the whole thing, because it was just too stupid.

Nov 5, 2007 1:37 AM

Hana Yori Dango. That's mainly because of the annoying leading character Makino Tsukushi. At first, she is hopelessly in love with one guy, while theres another guy who's crazy about her. The usual triangle. Then, when she gets the boy she has been in love with at last, all she can think about is the other boy. And then she cries and gets hurts because the other boy shows her a cold shoulder (naturally). It is just so annoying. it ruined the whole series for me...

Nov 5, 2007 9:15 AM

E_chan said:
Hana Yori Dango. That's mainly because of the annoying leading character Makino Tsukushi. At first, she is hopelessly in love with one guy, while theres another guy who's crazy about her. The usual triangle. Then, when she gets the boy she has been in love with at last, all she can think about is the other boy. And then she cries and gets hurts because the other boy shows her a cold shoulder (naturally). It is just so annoying. it ruined the whole series for me...

i have to agree with you. i actually did think hana yori dango was a good series, but makino frustrated me the same way that you explained. It was just too rediculous.

Nov 5, 2007 12:27 PM

Must be X tv, it was so boring and I couldn't watch it to the end. And other that I must mention is Ikkitousen it's just too stupid, I watched it like few minutes and few of my brain cells died, horribly shit.

Nov 5, 2007 12:56 PM

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan was bloody and lame the plot barely made sense and the ending was stupid.

Nov 5, 2007 1:01 PM

Obviously you never seen Apocolopyse zero, lol. This is the one anime that you would hate for life, there is hardly no plot, the series it self has no exciting moments that keep you entertained and the characters look like some 3rd grade kid drew them. I remember before i was at my uncles house and my friend and I had a compitition to see who could watch the most anime before falling asleep. The last anime i watched was Apocolopyse zero and i lost and fell asleep lol. Bottom line is never ever dl this anime, yu will hate it so much you might quite watching anime all together!

Nov 5, 2007 1:25 PM

Elfen Lied is the worst anime I've ever seen!

Nov 5, 2007 1:34 PM

Elfen Lied in my opinion was pretty good, i like the twisted humor and personality of the characters in that series and the fact that there was alot of blood and gore :P

Nov 6, 2007 12:19 PM

Guidan said:
Ammy said:
Inuyasha.
pointless anime!

wow just when I was thinking I was the only one!

I can't remember at what episode I stopped exactly or if I even saw the ending, but some where around after watching the 100th windscar against pointless enemies, and after the 56th time they practically killed naraku, more than once in the same episode, and then he ran away in less then two seconds...yeah that pissed me off.

yeah!
it just made everything pointless
and omfg.. Inuyasha was so lame he had like 2 attacks and he had that STUPID battle cry! DX

Nov 6, 2007 3:09 PM

Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko is pretty awful. Never heard of it? Lucky you.

Nov 6, 2007 4:18 PM

Final Fantasy Unlimited made me mad it messed up the series i only seen the first episode.
but i played the games and that show seems weird i gauss

Nov 6, 2007 6:30 PM

1. Lucky Star! It's soooooo booring and not very funny. Way too over-rated.

2. Zero No Tsukaima. I can't believed I watched that whole crap. Didn't even bother with the second sesaon. They over did it with the Louise/Saito thing.

3. I wasn't too crazy about the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha seris either.

4. One Piece: An okay storyline and some cool characters. Everything else sucked.

Nov 6, 2007 8:07 PM

Love Hina. It's just the same crap of Keitaro accidentally doing something perverted and then getting punched by one of the chicks. And it annoys me even more when someone else does something perverted and he gets blamed for it and then beat up.

Nov 12, 2007 11:42 PM

Xenosaga over Candidate for Goddess just.

Nov 13, 2007 12:11 AM

Star Ocean EX. Though Tenjo Tenge comes close. Excluding hentai titles, which are pretty much all terrible by default.

Nov 13, 2007 2:23 AM
Dropped Inu Yasha and Flame of Recca after 1 episode, Tales of Eternia after 2 episodes, and NANA after 3 and a half.. I couldn't stand any of them.

Nov 13, 2007 9:22 AM

i dont know the name but it was all about fashion and making clothes it was uber lame oh ma gosh ff unlimited is well boring i dont know if im going to stick with it

Nov 13, 2007 5:28 PM

FireReaverX said:
Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko is pretty awful. Never heard of it? Lucky you.

yeah. its pretty bad. someone got it for me as a gift because they saw an article in some anime magazine about it... but it was pretty bad... especially since i cant remember a single thing about it... besides the fact that i didnt like it

shinkoukistar said:
i dont know the name but it was all about fashion and making clothes it was uber lame

the only anime related to fashion that i can think of is paradise kiss..which i thought was amazing, personally

Nov 13, 2007 7:57 PM

I would love to list my least favorite anime, but its rather popular, and I would probably get flamed by at least a dozen people, if I posted it as the worst anime that I have ever seen, so far, lol.

EvilDevil said:
I think the worst anime I've ever watch is Hellsing... yeah... I know that some people may yell at me and say "how dare you!!!" but I think it is very boring and bad and the plot is not plain (I haven't understood the it! XD) anime and a lot of my friends say so =]

Have you read the manga or seen the OVAs?
Modified by ensatsu-ken, Nov 13, 2007 8:01 PM

Nov 13, 2007 8:03 PM

Shining Tears X Wind: It was so bad it was funny. For some reason I'd watch it every week when it was being released just to see it get worse. Worst moment has to be at the end when Souma(?) pulled the sword from his friend....faggoty i tell you...

Nov 13, 2007 8:28 PM

Vertago said:
Shining Tears X Wind: Worst moment has to be at the end when Souma(?) pulled the sword from his friend....faggoty i tell you...

I was loling so hard at that scene, it was a yaoi momentxD

Nov 13, 2007 10:23 PM

SD GUNDAM FORCE, i dont drop many anime shows but that made me feel as dumb as when I watched shin chan.... and yet i still watched half of it

Nov 14, 2007 12:28 PM

ensatsu-ken said:
I would love to list my least favorite anime, but its rather popular, and I would probably get flamed by at least a dozen people, if I posted it as the worst anime that I have ever seen, so far, lol.

are you really that afraid? i love knowing shows that people dont like. its obvious that even the most popular shows have haters.

so spit it outtt =P

Nov 14, 2007 12:36 PM

Most... no... ALL hentai I've seen are absolute tripe. Like, seriously, I don't put them on my list because there isn't a low enough rating I could give them. >.<

Nov 14, 2007 12:41 PM

Tenjou tenge was the worst thing i have ever seen it realy insult my intelligence:P
shuffle comes close too that!!!! and school day was ...... i have no words for it. (it would be better if it was liveaction)

Nov 14, 2007 3:15 PM
Beyblade, or as the Cheat Commandos parodied, "Buy All Our Playsets and Toys!"

I'd also have said this about Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh, but Pokemon was pretty decent until season three ended, Digimon actually has substance, and Yu-Gi-Oh only sucks as bad as it does because of the 4kids treatment.

Nov 14, 2007 9:06 PM

kab3451 said:
ensatsu-ken said:

are you really that afraid? i love knowing shows that people dont like. its obvious that even the most popular shows have haters.

so spit it outtt =P

Alright then. I, for one, personally could never see the appeal of Inu-Yasha. Its fine that people like it, but personally, I got really bored with it. I mean, the first few episodes were OK, and the series had good potential, but then it just got boring for me. And after the first 2 seasons, it just became repetitive, and then got lots of fillers, to add to the annoyance. Peronally, I feel that its an extremely overrated anime. But, with that said, its not like I have a problem with other people liking it. Let's just say that its not my type of anime ;) .

Nov 14, 2007 9:15 PM

ensatsu-ken said:
Alright then. I, for one, personally could never see the appeal of Inu-Yasha. Its fine that people like it, but personally, I got really bored with it. I mean, the first few episodes were OK, and the series had good potential, but then it just got boring for me. And after the first 2 seasons, it just became repetitive, and then got lots of fillers, to add to the annoyance. Peronally, I feel that its an extremely overrated anime. But, with that said, its not like I have a problem with other people liking it. Let's just say that its not my type of anime ;) .

lol This was the huge controversial revelation? I'm sure a large number of people will agree with you on that. Even people I know who are/were fans usually criticize the filler and repetition. Remember, your opinions are always welcome. That said, Inuyasha is by no means great, but is miles away from being the worst in my opinion.

Nov 15, 2007 5:08 AM

ensatsu-ken said:

I can see why you could get bored with inu yasha. and personally, i dont think you hating it is really all that controversial. here i was thinking you were about to say you hated haruhi/death note/something else thats really really popular.

Inuyasha is just that type of show that has SOO many fillers. i watched it on tv, whenever it was on. i dont think i'd ever be able to actually sit down and watch a bunch of them in a row.. i tried and i just couldnt do more than 3 episodes haha.

Nov 15, 2007 5:38 PM

ObsidianJoy said:
Love Hina. It's just the same crap of Keitaro accidentally doing something perverted and then getting punched by one of the chicks. And it annoys me even more when someone else does something perverted and he gets blamed for it and then beat up.

I agree; I thought it was ridiculous and I could barely get through the episodes I watched.

Nov 15, 2007 5:43 PM

sister princess re-pure...

i wanted to drop it so bad but i have this nasty habit of completing every anime i start.

Nov 15, 2007 8:01 PM

I'm not sure it's fair to pick one of many that were just plain bad enough for me to drop.

Of the ones I sat through till the end, then I sat staring and thinking "Why?" I think it's a toss up,,,

Trinity Blood, Wolf's Rain, and Scryed.

Pages (139) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »