Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 21, 2012 8:14 AM

Apr 2010
Sometimes the anime has big resemblance's to the manga other times big differences this episode had both those things in it.
There where some nice revelations in this episode about Yuuko and next week should be interesting.
Also if the death date of Yuuko on that stone is correct then she would have been born in 1938 which means she would be 74 if she was still alive.
It also means that she has been haunting the school for 59 years and in that time allot of things would have happened which makes me wonder what kind of feelings she pushed back to that ghost.
Would she be able to deal with them all.
May 21, 2012 8:33 AM
Jan 2011
hmmmm... not sure if I'm spoiling anything if i say this but for those who have read the manga, probably already notice the the anime is going in different order from the manga. which a lot of funny and sweet moments that I enjoyed in the manga ver.are not showing in the anime...bah!
May 21, 2012 8:58 AM

Dec 2011
I did not expect Yuuko to push Teiichi down the stairs. It's even more weird that she forgot who he was.
May 21, 2012 9:14 AM
Feb 2012
Oh fuck that episode was shocking. More information about Yuuko's shadow, her forgotten memories and feelings, more about Yuuko's past, the realization of her jealousy and ultimately the out of nowhere assault on her beloved Niiya. You think that was all? No! The last reveal, the so called icing on the cake -- she completely forgot about Niiya and her feelings for him. Damn it, I'm amazed and shocked at the same time. This show. This freakin' show! 5/5

Next week *now*!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 21, 2012 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't see that ending coming!
That was interesting, this is the first time I'm looking forward another episode of this series.
May 21, 2012 10:13 AM

May 2010
I seems to understand a bit more about the Shadow Yuuko after watching it, in the manga I wasn't really clear about the connection about Yuuko and the Shadow Yuuko !!
May 21, 2012 10:29 AM

May 2008
awesome episode so she forgot yes.... its following the manga i guess hopefully she will remembers! best episode so far!
May 21, 2012 10:42 AM

Jan 2011
Not knowing what was coming, I actually took several breaks from watching during the first half because I felt like Yuuko was being hurt by the negative emotions. Then came that second half and what looked like it might be a cliffhanger before the post-ED scene. What an episode! 5/5 and a bump in the overall rating for this show. No surprise that Yuuko has forgotten Teiichi, love hurts sometimes and she avoids all negative emotions. If they can reintegrate her memories and suppressed emotions she will become a complete person (other than that pesky physical body), but I know it will be very sad because she probably died a terrible death.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 21, 2012 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
Still slow and boring as hell, and the male is such a weak char in every aspect. It looks great though(except that the UTW-underwater rip was glitchy as fuck), and the "horror" in it is lame as fuck at this point
May 21, 2012 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, I thought this was a really good episode. Actually the last couple of episodes have been a big improvement for this show. The last episode had some major flaws but this time around other than rushed pacing it was a good episode all the way around.

I see this show as a mix of the supernatural and psychological. The "other spirit" is more more a representation of Yuuko's negative emotions rather than a separate being. It's being used more as a narrative device to describe what is going on within Yuuko herself. She wants to remain this innocent girl but she was murdered and all of her loneliness over the years has evolved into this really nasty manifestation. It's literally a huge jealousy monster.

Once again I thought the fanservice and the humor in this episode really served the plot and didn't get in the way of progress. In particular the humor had a bit of a bitter edge to it that fit the tone of the episode perfectly.

The animation was as breathtaking as always and now that the plot is starting to gain some traction I can say that I am really starting to enjoy this series. It's kind of a shame that it already more than half over when it really starts to grab my interest.
May 21, 2012 11:54 AM

Jan 2011
Awesome episode, I was very surprised when I saw what Yuuko did.
I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 21, 2012 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
"Somebody" spoiled it for me so I wasn't all that surprised. He had already read the manga and I asked him personally to tell me what happened so I'm not mad.
Either way, he didn't even die if you kept looking at the ED. But that face. So funny.
May 21, 2012 12:57 PM

Aug 2010
They made him look like he was dead when he fell down the stairs o_o
May 21, 2012 2:22 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Kawaii7878 said:

I took it to be shock at what she did.

A couple of months ago I fell and broke my arm while rollerskating, trying to teach my son, no less. I was so annoyed at having fallen while trying to show him how easy it was that I picked myself up and went another couple of laps around the rink before I realized the arm was not quite right. I guess my point is it's very possible to get hurt fairly badly and be so focused on something else you might not realize it at first, and I'm not a "tough guy" by any means. To me that was what the look on his face meant.
May 21, 2012 5:34 PM

Apr 2012
katsu044 said:
Guess Yuko couldn't face her trueself..you should never lie to your persona

ahahah throughout the whole episode i couldnt get Persona 4 off of my mind. I was like ACCEPT YOUR TRUE SELF, YUUKO.

And I hope you guys watched through the end. You get a nice sexy picture of Yuuko in a school swimsuit as a reward. :3
May 21, 2012 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
Wow this might become my top favorite anime although it's nothing like what i use to like. This episode was so intense and sad, the angst was almost palpable. And what I absolutely love about it is that it somehow manages to avoid all the overused clichees in other ghost about animes: Yuuko is not really a tsundere, not really a tsunshun, she's definitely not moe... her entire character is just dark, beautiful and lovable... surreal really.Although I couldn't really say the same about Teichi.
May 21, 2012 7:33 PM

Jun 2008
Nice dark tone episode. So can her shadow self affect her actions? Could it be something more than just a shadow alter ego full with her negative feelings?

So did she forget him by pushing her jealousy to the shadow or did she forget him because she pushed the negative feelings she felt for pushing him away?

P.S - I love Kirie's thin athletic legs. That's short shirt is pefect on her.
May 21, 2012 7:58 PM

Aug 2010
I wasn't expecting that to happen. I'm really surprised.
May 21, 2012 8:05 PM
Aug 2011
Random but I love how the sky is colored in some shots.
I would like this more if the other 6 episodes weren't full of fanservice crap.

Kawaii7878 said:

Lol I know. It felt like I was watching the ending of an Another episode.
May 21, 2012 8:07 PM

Jul 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
Without a doubt the best episode of the series, because we actually had a chance to delve into Yuuko's psyche. I love the concept of "pushing" negative emotions onto another persona -- I wonder if Yuuko's shadow is growing stronger and stronger with each new negative emotion?

I'm also wondering if Yuuko has been through this cycle many times over the course of 27 years. Interact with the physical world, develop a new negative emotion, push that emotion onto your shadow, and lose your memory along with that emotion. I'd say it's "two steps forward, one step back," but it feels more like "two steps forward, two steps back." I think Niiya's goal moving forward will be to help Yuuko take those two steps in the right direction so she can learn and come to terms with the full circumstances of her death, without slipping back into the same cycle.

Of course, that's all hypothesis.

thing is, no one has been able to see her all those years, so i think most of the time she was feeling rage, sadness, loneliness, and just generally feeling crappy for too long, i think at that point it was gonna turn on her and make her..."evil" i guess, which would only mean that she did wat they said, push all of those negative emotions into another persona

May 21, 2012 8:22 PM
Apr 2011
Sweet, it's finally getting interesting.
May 21, 2012 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
so he broke his left leg and yuuko forgot him? so cliche XD (but me like)
May 21, 2012 9:56 PM

May 2008
Fantastic episode, loved every minute.
May 22, 2012 12:10 AM

Nov 2011
Thank god the story moves, was seriously thinking about dropping prior to this ep

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 22, 2012 12:50 AM

Jun 2011
OOOOOOOOOOH SHIT
wasn't expecting for that
great episode
May 22, 2012 3:49 AM

Jan 2012

DAFUQ
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 22, 2012 3:53 AM

Aug 2010
Oh wow, I didn't expect THAT to happen. A very well executed episode, loved every second of it 5/5.

I see other people thought of Persona 4 too, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
May 22, 2012 4:40 AM

Oct 2011
great episode! i wasn't terribly thrilled with the last couple, but this one brought the spookiness back to the forefront, as well as the tragedy of yuuko being trapped in a place forever, without remembrance, without love...beautiful and scary...
May 22, 2012 7:20 AM

Nov 2009
This turned out to be the darkest of all the episodes which I think was very much necessary. Can't wait to see how Yuuko will face her "dark side" and what will be Niiya's role in this.

The only part I would complain would be Kirie continuing to feed Niiya with negative things about Yuuko. I can understand Niiya having doubts since Yuuko is a ghost but still I'm sure he could have handled the situation better. I think I didn't feel that sorry for Niiya at the end due to that fact.

The best part Yuuko saying "Anata wa dare?" at the end. It was quite creepy, in a good way.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
May 22, 2012 10:17 AM

Aug 2008
Interesting revelations in this episode. Now we get the actual reason behind the term 'amnesia'; she forgot her memories because she pushes all her negative emotions onto her other personality.
May 22, 2012 11:46 AM
Jan 2011
Oh my don't tell me Yuuko just did that to Teiichi, and now Yuuko has forgotten him, Teiichi should be happy since he do things were Yuuko won't bother him again.
May 22, 2012 1:02 PM

May 2011
Avato-chan said:
so he broke his left leg and yuuko forgot him? so cliche XD (but me like)

But you have to realize. Yuuko doesn't forget; she pushes her negative emotions onto her shadow form. Since it's highly likely she feels terrible for letting jealousy and emotions get to her and she acted out on Teiichi, she chose to discard those memories and emotions onto her other self.

darkerealm said:
Interesting revelations in this episode. Now we get the actual reason behind the term 'amnesia'; she forgot her memories because she pushes all her negative emotions onto her other personality.

Right, like in the beginning she plays dumb and doesn't know how she died. The reality is she does, but the emotions behind whatever happened must be so painful that she chooses to discard them rather than face them. On top of that it must be so painful that no one ever could see her or truly interact with her. In some of the stories they do a good job of telling you how lonely it must be for her. Now put a timetable of 50+ years onto this. It's no wonder the suffering and anger she has cast off onto the "shadow" form has become so immense.

Teiichi must have been a godsend in her eyes. But the problem is Teiichi didn't respond well to her clingy personality. How can he; he's a normal 13 year old boy. Yuuko seems desperate to hold onto him and gets upset at any slight she feels Teiichi does. Such as pay attention to Momoe's hero worship, doesn't show up to school for a few days, and pretend she's not there when he's interacting with others.

i think when Shadow Yuuko merged with Playful Yuuko, the emotions flooding in of her being jealous and upset with Teiichi for not being attentive made her snap and she pushed him. i think her passing her emotions onto Shadow Yuuko and then having those emotions rush back onto her in an instant is similar to someone pretending not to be angry and then finally having enough of it and blowing up.

Nasty001 said:
Oh my don't tell me Yuuko just did that to Teiichi, and now Yuuko has forgotten him, Teiichi should be happy since he do things were Yuuko won't bother him again.

I think the opposite will happen and he'll realize that he does truly care for her and will try and work things out and get her memories back.
May 22, 2012 1:20 PM
Feb 2012
This episode is pure win... In fact, it made me find the manga and the chapter where this occurs and read what will happen next, I've read it, well beyond this point and don't regret it...
May 22, 2012 1:31 PM

Jul 2010
That was a REALLY good episode, although at times I really wanted to slap Niiya for being so naive XD

I can't wait to find out what happened to Yuuko's memory and about the shadow.

5/5
May 22, 2012 1:32 PM

Jul 2010
Spacebar said:

DAFUQ

XD God the ecchi in this show just doesn't match up at times.
May 22, 2012 1:57 PM
Jun 2011
It sucks to have amnesia, and it's hard to get back all the memories.

Let's see how's it go on the next episode.
May 22, 2012 2:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Cirris said:
Right, like in the beginning she plays dumb and doesn't know how she died. The reality is she does, but the emotions behind whatever happened must be so painful that she chooses to discard them rather than face them. On top of that it must be so painful that no one ever could see her or truly interact with her. In some of the stories they do a good job of telling you how lonely it must be for her. Now put a timetable of 50+ years onto this. It's no wonder the suffering and anger she has cast off onto the "shadow" form has become so immense.

Agreed. Seems to me the existence of a "ghost" (as opposed to ancestor spirits and such) in most cultures is usually associated with something very bad regarding the person the ghost came from just before or at the time of death - ghost aren't created from happy deaths. To me, she's essentially suffering from considerable Post Traumatic Stress and if still alive would probably have been considered a basket case.
May 22, 2012 4:37 PM

Dec 2010
I was kind of hoping Niiya stayed dead and turned into a evil ghost of vengance!
May 22, 2012 6:33 PM

Dec 2011
Love Niiya X Okonogi moments...
Yuuko-san is showing her jealousy...

But shit just got real, Damn I was surprised when Niiya was pushed down the stairs!
My God. I wonder what will happen next?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2012 10:44 AM

Oct 2011
Teiichi shouldn't have ditched Yuuko when she asked him to have lunch together. I wouldn't have.
Also, am I the only one who's annoyed of the huge amount of still pictures and that the animators often never draw the other students?
I see dead people.
May 23, 2012 12:00 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah finally some good action. I was afraid that this anime would turn into a mainstream romance/comedy one. Luckily it didn''t =D

Btw did the producers leave a huge amount of background or the story out of this anime compared to the manga?
May 23, 2012 12:32 PM
Dec 2007
Nintendosoni said:
Teiichi shouldn't have ditched Yuuko when she asked him to have lunch together. I wouldn't have.
Also, am I the only one who's annoyed of the huge amount of still pictures and that the animators often never draw the other students?
Cuts costs, looks "stylish". This is 101 in SHAFT animation rules and if I remember correctly the director of this series cut his teeth working for SHAFT (Silver Link can almost be considered a "new" SHAFT) much like Sankarea's director (who worked in Arakawa, Madoka Magica and Denpa Onna, all three being SHAFT works).

May 23, 2012 9:26 PM

Jun 2009
pyrotechnics said:
Yuuko is so cute when she's clingy towards Teiichi and jealous (^_^)
Glad there's finally progress being made to the storyline. Pretty crazy!!!

Really? I find it intensely grating and annoying. I know she's lonely being a ghost and invisible to most people and all but isn't she keeping Niya from having a normal school life? (guess not if he doesn't have a problem with it) I mean somebody has to notice him talking to himself or being dragged around by Yuuko...and think Niya's off his rocker.
May 23, 2012 10:56 PM

Mar 2011
Wasn't expecting something like this, so this is a nice surprise. Pretty interesting stuff.
May 24, 2012 3:22 AM

Apr 2009
Shadow Yuuko is finally introduced after appearing a few times in the background in some of the earlier episodes. Some of the content I thought was skipped appeared later here, apparently further reordering the content. Anyway, seeing those parts animated was great. Quite a visual treat for this episode, though I did find Shadow Yuuko's appearance to be less freaky than expected. Not black enough, perhaps?

Now that they've come back to this part, it seems to me they're planning to go through with all the Shadow Yuuko related parts in one go, hopefully also including those from the more recent chapters. The special ED visuals for this episode was also a nice touch. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 24, 2012 3:57 AM

Mar 2010
Oh wow something is finally happening! I think this is the first time I'm really anticipating the next episode..w
May 24, 2012 6:18 PM

May 2011
Oh shit so this is what the whole amnesia part is about. Wow everything is getting even more interesting now. I didn't expect the plot to become like this, hmm I like it.

Ah so that's what Shadow Yuuko meant when she said things are going to repeat itself again. Yuuko pushing her negative feelings and memories onto the Shadow yet again. Can't freaking wait for the next episode.
May 25, 2012 12:01 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, awesome episode. The way all the stories pulled into one was awesome. Kinda figured Shadow Yukko was her "dark side" or something like that, so that wasn't too surprising. Didn't see the very end coming though. I wonder what's gonna happen now? 5 episodes left; should be interesting.
May 25, 2012 5:16 AM

Nov 2010
I doubt anyone is gonna respond to this since I am slowpoke, but:

There is one interesting inconsistency.

Yuuko said that she volunteered herself to sacrifice herself in order to quell the plague. If that were the case, there is no reason why her leg should be broken. Breaking a leg prevents someone from escaping on their own; why do that to someone who volunteered. Me thinks shadow Yuuko will answer that.
May 25, 2012 7:01 AM

Jan 2011
Exkalamity said:
I doubt anyone is gonna respond to this since I am slowpoke, but:

There is one interesting inconsistency.

Yuuko said that she volunteered herself to sacrifice herself in order to quell the plague. If that were the case, there is no reason why her leg should be broken. Breaking a leg prevents someone from escaping on their own; why do that to someone who volunteered. Me thinks shadow Yuuko will answer that.

Well, Yuuko wanted to forget everything, and she did, so I'm not surprised that she could have made that up just to take Teichii's attention.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 13, 2012

137 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.