3It was OK
7.1%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.6
322 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 20, 2012 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The ghost girl get to get jealous this time with that short hair girl that cannot see her, and is bothering him.

The scary real one got into ghost girl. And she doesn't want to admit that she is herself separated. So that spirit hating innocent one for putting the emotion to it.

She died because she got cursed (name on the stone).

The girl, with the evil one inside, pushed the guy down the stairs. He got hurt, but she doesn't remember him.
tsubasaloverMay 20, 2012 9:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 20, 2012 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
Dat jealousy, not surprised at all considering everything up to this point. Anyways, intense episode.

Well, the shit's going down in this episode. It seems that there is some jealousy issues going around even though I'm not too surprised at this point:

Despite the comedy of jealousy in the beginning of the episode, it later turns into chaos but that's what I like about the show B)

Like light and dark, good and evil, ying and yang.

Great episode overall performed by my favorite ghost troll of the Spring Season, Yuuko.

Also, pay attention to the ED. You might find some differences.

Stark700May 20, 2012 11:40 PM
May 20, 2012 11:41 AM

Nov 2008
I won't be surprised if this ends in an actual nice boat, it nearly happened due to Yuuko being possessed and Niiya getting pushed down the stairs by the evil Yuuko. So a curse killed Yuuko, that's no way to go by any means.

May 20, 2012 3:16 PM

Jul 2010
A definite more serious episode here. Teiichi almost bought the farm when "Evil" Yuuko pushed him down the stairs.
May 20, 2012 6:30 PM

Nov 2008
They took a lot of shortcuts to get here... it's too bad that the anime isn't longer and then they could have filled in more of the lead-up to the current situation.

But they did pull in all of the key points. (And I liked all the "Ef - Memories" moving skies" <g> )
May 20, 2012 7:19 PM

Nov 2008
Hope this doesn't end with an original anime end.
Good serious episode, btw.
May 20, 2012 7:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Whoa

Sad story, all the way around.
May 20, 2012 7:54 PM

Dec 2010
That jealousy O_O, well to be honest i thought this part was going to be later in the anime considering how they skip around; but i guess it was good timing to do it now and finish with another arc, if they end this part like they did in the manga (which they should) then i look forward to the end of next episode XD

DuroDeMatar said:

Well the manga isn't over so i don't see how they could end it another way...i mean they could always do another "arc" and at the end of that arc ends the series but that really isn't a ending since like the manga a lot is left unresolved since its not truly over.
May 20, 2012 7:55 PM
Oct 2010
DuroDeMatar said:

i cant see it ending any other way. dont think he was ever pushed in the manga

dat ending drawing. hnggg
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 20, 2012 7:59 PM

Nov 2011
I actually wasn't expecting any development on Yuuko until the end, if ever, so it was quite interesting to see. The revelation was indeed underwhelming, or rather presented in an underwhelming way, so I expect there to be more to it. Rather than being "possessed", it felt more like she pushed her more of her feelings/memories onto the her other self. Well, with DID, I suppose that's more or less the same thing.
May 20, 2012 8:03 PM

Feb 2012
Shadow Yuuko is finally here and thus the real shit starts. Now, be a man Teiichi and bring our beloved Yuuko back, poor girl is suffering too much.
Nice job with the Shadow Yuuko scenes, the visuals certainly contributed to the importance..

We had that point in the manga discussion when this is actually taking place, guess we had forgotten it but according to the Rock of Curses it must be around our present time.

Not sure about the spoiler tag since it isn't one anymore but just in case, this is basically a reminder.
May 20, 2012 8:03 PM

Nov 2008
KingCez said:
DuroDeMatar said:

i cant see it ending any other way. dont think he was ever pushed in the manga
He was pushed in the manga

I know it's going that way but well..
May 20, 2012 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
Wow crazy episode. Definitely cant wait for next week :D
May 20, 2012 8:39 PM

Feb 2011
PROGRESS. Looks like I'll keep watching this.
May 20, 2012 8:49 PM

Jun 2010
Whoa! Didn't expect that when I first saw it. Can't wait to see how the anime progresses it.

May 20, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
WTF
NIIYA DIED OR WHAT D: R.I.P JK =x
Broken right leg and minor head injury.
YUUKO is having an Amnesia again..
MatheineMay 20, 2012 9:09 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2012 9:06 PM
Nov 2011
Yuuko is so cute when she's clingy towards Teiichi and jealous (^_^)
Glad there's finally progress being made to the storyline. Pretty crazy!!!
May 20, 2012 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
Wow crazy stuff at the end..she forgot Teiichi :|.
May 20, 2012 9:51 PM

Feb 2012
SHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I did NOT see that coming! I figured she would attack one of the girls or something!
Thank God they didn't leave it at a cliffy where he was just lying at the bottom of the steps looking dead.
Yeah, Yuuko... might want to pretend she is invisible...
May 20, 2012 10:06 PM

Nov 2008
Awesome episode! It had me in suspense even though I knew what was going to happen. Great adaptation.
May 20, 2012 10:17 PM

May 2011
Oh damn shit!! Looks like Yuuko just got another amnesia (or maybe not?)

Looks like the mystery is gettin' deeper.
May 20, 2012 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
Holy fuck. I'm still in shock. Easily, without a doubt, my favorite episode of anything I've seen this season. I can't believe she pushed him down the stairs like that, and now she's forgotten about him completely! Oh my god, and the next episode is "Maiden of Recollection". What is she going to do when she remembers? I cannot wait at all. This show had already cemented its status as my favorite spring anime, and now it has double-cemented it. Love it.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
May 20, 2012 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
It looked like he died from the stairs. Since i don't particularly like him, i was hoping his neck snapped or he damaged his spine or something of the such. The grief from killing him could have added some pretty neat plot.
May 21, 2012 12:44 AM

Oct 2009
At around 6:30 in the video, did anyone get an OHSHC vibe from the animation when Yuuko turned to look at Niiya? > u >
May 21, 2012 12:44 AM

Jun 2010
Yuko is not in the ED...
May 21, 2012 1:40 AM

Jan 2011
Guess Yuko couldn't face her trueself..you should never lie to your persona
anyways this was the first serious episode that didn't end on a happy note would had enjoyed this ten times more if he really did die though.
May 21, 2012 2:13 AM

Oct 2011
Ugh, they kinda botched the adaption in this episode by changing the order of event to the extent that it changes characterizations. The rewrite of other parts didn't help either as it changed key scenes for the worse. In the manga Yuuko first meets her shadow alone in a hallway for the first time and her strange, clingy behavior starts only afterwards. In the manga it's also specifically pointed out that the shadow actually does *not* appear anywhere for quite some time, right until the incident with the stairs, which was a strong indication that she took back some of her negative emotions, which in turn ultimately lead Yuuko to succumb to them. They used heavy-handed, dense exposition what was originally more naturally woven into the plot and which let the reader speculate a bit longer.

3/5 from me as I can't (and don't want to) separate the source from the adaption clearly and because I think that the anime team made it inferior.
May 21, 2012 2:38 AM
Nov 2008
O.O

I think Amnesia has officially overtaken Jormungand for my personal favorite anime of the season. It was a strong enough episode as it was, but dat ending, and dem credits! I have been completely blown away!
May 21, 2012 3:05 AM
Jun 2008
There is a lot of changes between the Manga and the Anime.
But if you were to ask which is more superior. I would really had said that the Anime is much more superior compare to the Manga. The story in the Anime is much more smooth ^.^

....dunno why Jourmungand will come to comparison with Amnesia. I think Amnesia is much more enjoyable while Jourmundand is much more epic.This is just personal opinion . =P
May 21, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2010
So... Now yuuko has split personality and the shadow take all hate and so forth, all this manifested from her jealousy once again.

so the shadow pushed teiich? and made him break his leg and then yuuko forget him, that just messed up

best episode so far, nice plot development and alot of background

and dat Pic at the end
May 21, 2012 3:48 AM

Sep 2011
Now this is just the kind of anime I would recommend to my friends to watch. Great storytelling and epic plot twists with some fanservice thrown inside but not oversaturated.
May 21, 2012 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
Ending, Didnt see that one coming O_O
May 21, 2012 3:56 AM

Oct 2009
I'm impressed, best episode for now, I can't wait the next!
May 21, 2012 4:17 AM

May 2010
Getting more & more interesting.
May 21, 2012 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
shit just got real
May 21, 2012 5:51 AM

Sep 2010
Haha.... Someone pushed you down a stair case.... But you still go to see her..... derp....

3/5
May 21, 2012 6:18 AM

Oct 2011
twonline said:
Haha.... Someone pushed you down a stair case.... But you still go to see her..... derp....

Well, it's not that strange that Teeichi is curious to learn why a seemingly good friend would suddenly do something like this. The whole scene is framed slightly different in the manga where Teiichi meets Kirie on his way to the club room. She actually questions his decision to go there (in place of the reader) but in the end accompanies him.
May 21, 2012 6:50 AM

Feb 2012
Without a doubt the best episode of the series, because we actually had a chance to delve into Yuuko's psyche. I love the concept of "pushing" negative emotions onto another persona -- I wonder if Yuuko's shadow is growing stronger and stronger with each new negative emotion?

I'm also wondering if Yuuko has been through this cycle many times over the course of 27 years. Interact with the physical world, develop a new negative emotion, push that emotion onto your shadow, and lose your memory along with that emotion. I'd say it's "two steps forward, one step back," but it feels more like "two steps forward, two steps back." I think Niiya's goal moving forward will be to help Yuuko take those two steps in the right direction so she can learn and come to terms with the full circumstances of her death, without slipping back into the same cycle.

Of course, that's all hypothesis.
May 21, 2012 6:57 AM

Jan 2012
Lost her memories?
Teiichi got owned?

Meanwhile, in the magical world of anime.

May 21, 2012 7:12 AM

Jan 2012
Crazy episode, but awesome too. Will she remember Teichi I wonder? Looking forward to next episode.

May 21, 2012 8:14 AM

Apr 2010
Sometimes the anime has big resemblance's to the manga other times big differences this episode had both those things in it.
There where some nice revelations in this episode about Yuuko and next week should be interesting.
Also if the death date of Yuuko on that stone is correct then she would have been born in 1938 which means she would be 74 if she was still alive.
It also means that she has been haunting the school for 59 years and in that time allot of things would have happened which makes me wonder what kind of feelings she pushed back to that ghost.
Would she be able to deal with them all.
May 21, 2012 8:33 AM
Jan 2011
hmmmm... not sure if I'm spoiling anything if i say this but for those who have read the manga, probably already notice the the anime is going in different order from the manga. which a lot of funny and sweet moments that I enjoyed in the manga ver.are not showing in the anime...bah!
May 21, 2012 8:58 AM

Dec 2011
I did not expect Yuuko to push Teiichi down the stairs. It's even more weird that she forgot who he was.
May 21, 2012 9:14 AM
Feb 2012
Oh fuck that episode was shocking. More information about Yuuko's shadow, her forgotten memories and feelings, more about Yuuko's past, the realization of her jealousy and ultimately the out of nowhere assault on her beloved Niiya. You think that was all? No! The last reveal, the so called icing on the cake -- she completely forgot about Niiya and her feelings for him. Damn it, I'm amazed and shocked at the same time. This show. This freakin' show! 5/5

Next week *now*!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 21, 2012 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't see that ending coming!
That was interesting, this is the first time I'm looking forward another episode of this series.
May 21, 2012 10:13 AM

May 2010
I seems to understand a bit more about the Shadow Yuuko after watching it, in the manga I wasn't really clear about the connection about Yuuko and the Shadow Yuuko !!
May 21, 2012 10:29 AM

May 2008
awesome episode so she forgot yes.... its following the manga i guess hopefully she will remembers! best episode so far!
May 21, 2012 10:42 AM

Jan 2011
Not knowing what was coming, I actually took several breaks from watching during the first half because I felt like Yuuko was being hurt by the negative emotions. Then came that second half and what looked like it might be a cliffhanger before the post-ED scene. What an episode! 5/5 and a bump in the overall rating for this show. No surprise that Yuuko has forgotten Teiichi, love hurts sometimes and she avoids all negative emotions. If they can reintegrate her memories and suppressed emotions she will become a complete person (other than that pesky physical body), but I know it will be very sad because she probably died a terrible death.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 21, 2012 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
Still slow and boring as hell, and the male is such a weak char in every aspect. It looks great though(except that the UTW-underwater rip was glitchy as fuck), and the "horror" in it is lame as fuck at this point
May 21, 2012 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, I thought this was a really good episode. Actually the last couple of episodes have been a big improvement for this show. The last episode had some major flaws but this time around other than rushed pacing it was a good episode all the way around.

I see this show as a mix of the supernatural and psychological. The "other spirit" is more more a representation of Yuuko's negative emotions rather than a separate being. It's being used more as a narrative device to describe what is going on within Yuuko herself. She wants to remain this innocent girl but she was murdered and all of her loneliness over the years has evolved into this really nasty manifestation. It's literally a huge jealousy monster.

Once again I thought the fanservice and the humor in this episode really served the plot and didn't get in the way of progress. In particular the humor had a bit of a bitter edge to it that fit the tone of the episode perfectly.

The animation was as breathtaking as always and now that the plot is starting to gain some traction I can say that I am really starting to enjoy this series. It's kind of a shame that it already more than half over when it really starts to grab my interest.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 13, 2012

137 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.