Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 5, 2017 12:01 AM
Aug 2015
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that MalCat has occasionally been displaying manga preview pics on my anime list, and anime preview pics on my manga list, with most titles blanking out when this happens.

I'm using the #more one as well.

Any help would be appreciated, it's only been happening for a couple of days and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong. I've switched to the Modern style in the meantime.
Whom_Are_YouJan 5, 2017 12:07 AM
Jan 5, 2017 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
Whom_Are_You said:
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that MalCat has occasionally been displaying manga preview pics on my anime list, and anime preview pics on my manga list, with most titles blanking out when this happens.

Any help would be appreciated, it's only been happening for a couple of days and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong. I've switched to the Modern style in the meantime.
Would you mind switching back to the style you were using before? I can't start looking into it until I can see the problem myself.
Jan 5, 2017 4:00 AM
Aug 2015
Doomcat55 said:
Whom_Are_You said:
Hi everyone,

Would you mind switching back to the style you were using before? I can't start looking into it until I can see the problem myself.
Doomcat55 said:
Whom_Are_You said:
Hi everyone,

Ah right, yep I've switched it back.
Jan 5, 2017 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
@Whom_Are_You This was a bug in MalCat, so thanks for pointing it out! It should be fixed now.

If you're still seeing the issue, clear your browser's cached images and files. If it's still not working after that, let me know.
Jan 5, 2017 4:52 AM
Aug 2015
@Doomcat55

Oh I see, glad to be of service then haha. Both lists are showing all the right preview pics now, thanks mate!
Jan 5, 2017 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
@Whom_Are_You Sorry to bother you again about this — the bug was a bit more complicated then I thought it was, and I had to make a change to my original solution.

If the issue comes back, change your MalCat import CSS to indicate your username and the list type it's on. E.g. for your anime list,
@import "https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=more";

would become
@import "https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=more&user=Whom_Are_You&list=anime";

and likewise for the manga list. If the issue doesn't come back, well, have a nice day.
Jan 5, 2017 3:47 PM
Aug 2015
@Doomcat55

No worries. It seems to still be working, but I'll change the CSS accordingly if the issue resurfaces. Hope you have a good one too!
Mar 10, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
Hey the images on my manga list are just straight up fucked up. How do I fix that?
Mar 10, 2017 3:26 PM

Feb 2010
YugureShadowmore said:
Hey the images on my manga list are just straight up fucked up. How do I fix that?

They seem fine to me
Mar 10, 2017 4:22 PM

Dec 2015
Shishio-kun said:
YugureShadowmore said:

They seem fine to me
WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THAT THEY ARE FUCKED UP! I AM FREAKING OUT HERE PLEASE HELP!
Mar 10, 2017 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
YugureShadowmore said:
Shishio-kun said:

They seem fine to me
WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THAT THEY ARE FUCKED UP! I AM FREAKING OUT HERE PLEASE HELP!

I said the exact opposite, and so did someone in the Support forum.

They are fine atm. The covers can be zoomed in a bit on that layout naturally. So check your lists with other layouts, check your browsers zoom settings, or make sure your Style Override box is unchecked
https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences

You may also have blocked the HD cover import URL somehow, so try the MALcat import recommended for modern lists in the OP. However based on what you said in Support I don't think this is the case, you say everyone is saying that they're messed up but the responses in the forum are the opposite and also you are seeing the problem yourself so I think it's you and "everyone's" browsers zoom settings, or maybe they are wrong since other people are saying they're fine.
Shishio-kunMar 10, 2017 7:33 PM
Jul 10, 2017 2:24 AM

Feb 2010
ImaginaryCam said:
Nothing I've tried has worked... Is there something weird going on with my list?

Looking at your CSS you haven't tried the latest solutions under "quick solutions" in the OP. You can go right to solution 2 thats what you need to do
Jul 10, 2017 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
Hi there, I'm probably overlooking something, but I tried all three of the @import codes you posted and none of them worked, even while I had all other @import removed.

I changed it back to my original code for now.

When I tried the new @import all that changed was that the Anime TITLES had images behind them, but not the covers where they are supposed to be.

Thanks.
Jul 11, 2017 12:06 AM

Feb 2010
ImaginaryCam said:
Shishio-kun said:
Looking at your CSS you haven't tried the latest solutions under "quick solutions" in the OP. You can go right to solution 2 thats what you need to do

Yeah I tried that, doesn't work but it looks like my covers are only not showing up on Chrome. I've tried the other cover generators as well.

I'm looking at your CSS. You have not tried the latest solutions under quick solutions. There is literally the same import line it asks you to remove which you still have in your animelist CSS.

Please try them then post back after following the instructions. Make 100% certain you followed them right. They changed like a week ago so you probably used it before then.
Shishio-kunJul 11, 2017 12:24 AM
Jul 11, 2017 12:13 AM

Feb 2010
KousukeKira said:
Hi there, I'm probably overlooking something, but I tried all three of the @import codes you posted and none of them worked, even while I had all other @import removed.

I changed it back to my original code for now.

When I tried the new @import all that changed was that the Anime TITLES had images behind them, but not the covers where they are supposed to be.

Thanks.

I asked in the instructions to leave the layout as is after trying the solutions. it helps to narrow down the problem when correcting your CSS

Anyways you seem to be missing essential codes

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=453755

use this. then use the imports from the OP again. If it doesn't work, leave the CSS as is after trying solution 2.
Aug 19, 2017 4:43 PM

Jun 2011
Hi. I have a little problem with my list's style, because covers suddenly disappeared. Still an hour ago everything worked without a problem (I have all covers in anime and manga).
I tried to use links with "quick solutions" (solution 1 and 2) and with "Use the default cover imports". Now I have this in the first line of the code:

Anime:

Manga:

At this time at least most of the covers work. But still not all and I don't know what to do. With other "first line" work less covers.
I will be very grateful for your help.
Aug 20, 2017 5:47 AM

Feb 2010
DarkNighty said:
Hi. I have a little problem with my list's style, because covers suddenly disappeared. Still an hour ago everything worked without a problem (I have all covers in anime and manga).
I tried to use links with "quick solutions" (solution 1 and 2) and with "Use the default cover imports". Now I have this in the first line of the code:

Anime:

Manga:

At this time at least most of the covers work. But still not all and I don't know what to do. With other "first line" work less covers.
I will be very grateful for your help.

Try again, it was just down yesterday it's working today already for some.
Aug 20, 2017 12:02 PM

Jun 2011
Shishio-kun said:
Try again, it was just down yesterday it's working today already for some.

Yes, you are right. Thanks, everything work.
Next time I will wait a few days before I start to change something. Sorry for the troubles.
Aug 27, 2017 12:25 AM
Jan 2017
So I have the Plastic Memories layout and everything seems fun but when I add new anime that i am watching it doesn't have the picture of that anime, just a grey square. Is it just me?
Aug 27, 2017 6:02 AM

Feb 2010
NepNep-Riven said:
So I have the Plastic Memories layout and everything seems fun but when I add new anime that i am watching it doesn't have the picture of that anime, just a grey square. Is it just me?

looks fine to me, still a prob? try the solutions in the OP if you didn't already
Mar 22, 2018 1:45 AM
Nov 2013
Hey there, so I just imported show data from Anilist, and put together a theme from one of the modern templates. Everything worked fine, no blurs at all. However, once I went to add shows to my list that weren't there before (Fairy Tail Dragon Cry and Kiss x Sis) those added and are blurred. Everything else is still working alright, but it seems whenever I add new content to my list, the new content appears blurred. I've read through the FAQs and have tried the different alternatives, and am not having any luck getting those blurry thumbnail images resolved. Got any ideas on how to fix this?

Here's my list so you can see what I'm talking about: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/BillBoyTM

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: Yep, it just took a while for something to update. After waiting a bit and coming back to my list, it's looking good. Leaving my comment here in case other people create a fresh list and are concerned with this.
KyorisoMar 22, 2018 1:59 AM
Mar 22, 2018 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
Quick question. I might of missed the answer. So the modern works on my Google Chrome Browser but not my Firefox. I just switched to firefox. Anyway to fix it or do i have to go to classic?
Mar 22, 2018 8:57 PM

Feb 2010
Czarls said:
Quick question. I might of missed the answer. So the modern works on my Google Chrome Browser but not my Firefox. I just switched to firefox. Anyway to fix it or do i have to go to classic?

When having cover problems, always try Quick Solutions on the first post (see the spoiler for Modern layouts).

You should need at the top for that layout
@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=dataimagelinkbefore);
Mar 22, 2018 9:56 PM

Oct 2014
Shishio-kun said:
Czarls said:

When having cover problems, always try Quick Solutions on the first post (see the spoiler for Modern layouts).

Thanks it works now. I tried them before just didnt put them in the right spot haha
Mar 22, 2018 10:00 PM

Feb 2010
Czarls said:
Shishio-kun said:

Thanks it works now. I tried them before just didnt put them in the right spot haha

Great!
May 24, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
@doomcat55
@Syaoran3
@BurntJelly
@veriti
@hahaido

Just to let you all know, MAL has made some changes and broken all the third party aps today, including your cover generators. So you might get some messages on it. Hopefully they will resolve it soon.

btw if anyone can get the full #more CSS for this account
https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy
that would be super-useful since I could share that CSS with users to fix their covers now or when this kind of thing happens again. That account has alot of anime and manga added.
May 26, 2018 7:48 AM

Feb 2018
So that's why my the covers stopped working all the sudden. I'm not very informed about what happened but do you think this has to do with how the new GDPR that came to effect recently changed every websites privacy policies?
Just your average 15 y/o otaku. :D
May 26, 2018 10:20 AM

Feb 2015
Shishio-kun said:
Just to let you all know, MAL has made some changes and broken all the third party aps today, including your cover generators. So you might get some messages on it. Hopefully they will resolve it soon.

Hey, will you post/ update the links once the problem is fixed, or should I try some ways to fix it myself? (Although so far nothing has worked for me)

Thanks in advance!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Aug 20, 2018 6:24 PM

Jul 2016
Hello,
I've tried for a while now to make the show thumbnails appear on my list, but nothing I've added to the CSS has worked.
Everything was working fine until the whole MAL site went down and stopped allowing third parties to work.
Also the fonts are only showing when I look at my own list and not for anyone else which again didn't use to be the case.
If anyone can find a fix it would be most appreciated.

My CSS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhajp6s8334i55w/skript%20without%20%40imports.txt?dl=0

My List:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Twoscoops_
Aug 20, 2018 6:45 PM

Feb 2010
Twoscoops_ said:
Hello,
I've tried for a while now to make the show thumbnails appear on my list, but nothing I've added to the CSS has worked.
Everything was working fine until the whole MAL site went down and stopped allowing third parties to work.
Also the fonts are only showing when I look at my own list and not for anyone else which again didn't use to be the case.
If anyone can find a fix it would be most appreciated.

My CSS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhajp6s8334i55w/skript%20without%20%40imports.txt?dl=0

My List:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Twoscoops_

This topic is outdated and I may have it locked later.

Did you try the preview pic solution here
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=439897

It seems the solution I posted there works for your list layout in preview

Shishio-kunAug 20, 2018 7:20 PM
Dec 27, 2020 8:20 AM

Sep 2010
I can see it on my Computer but I cannot see on mobile devices (is their a way to fix that?)
Dec 27, 2020 2:20 PM

Feb 2010
AkatsukiUlquiora said:
I can see it on my Computer but I cannot see on mobile devices (is their a way to fix that?)

Change the website on mobile devices to Desktop view or Desktop mode, etc. There should be option there somewhere.
Dec 27, 2020 2:36 PM

Sep 2010
Shishio-kun said:
AkatsukiUlquiora said:

Change the website on mobile devices to Desktop view or Desktop mode, etc. There should be option there somewhere.

Sorry no option i can't find it on the new layout but it's fine I'll just use my computer to update
Thanks anyways ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.