Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2007 7:52 PM

Dec 2006
....That's scary
Sep 8, 2007 3:05 AM

Jun 2007
Goku is seen to have a four year old son named after his adoptive grandfather, Son Gohan. This five years of peace is interuppted when a warrior of the alien Saiyans arrives on Earth and reveals to Goku his Saiyan heritage. Raditz also kidnaps Gohan and threatens to destroy the Earth. Realizing that they now have a common enemy, Goku and Piccolo form a temporary alliance to defeat Raditz (Their alliance was birth of the "Z fighters"). Just when Goku and Piccolo are losing the battle, Gohan breaks free of Raditz's ship and attacks Raditz with an unexpected and massive dormant power, considerably injuring Raditz. However, in the end of the battle Goku is killed and sent to the afterlife to train with the "Lord of Worlds" (Kaio-sama), in order to prepare for the upcoming battle against two more Saiyans.

Goku learns techniques such as the Kaiō-ken ("Fist of Kaiō") and the Genki dama ("Energy Sphere" or "Spirit Bomb"), and his strength increases substantially due to the increased gravity in Kaio-sama's planet. One year after his death, the Dragon God Shenlong revives Goku so he can fight the Saiyans.[4] When Goku arrives on Earth, he easily defeats one of the Saiyans named Nappa, then challenges the more powerful Saiyan named Vegeta. Afterwards, Goku is the victor after receiving assistance from his son Gohan, his best friend Kuririn, and long time friend Yajirobe.
After witnessing the casualties of the battle against the Saiyans, Goku travels to Piccolo's planet called Planet Namek to search for the Namekian Dragon Balls in order to revive the warriors who had died against the Saiyans. Goku discovers that the powerful galactic overlord named Freeza is also on Planet Namek, searching for the Dragon Balls in order to gain immortality. Goku also discovers that Vegeta is on the planet, however had offered to team up with him to battle Freeza, with assistance from Gohan and Kuririn. Seeing how Goku's power had dramatically increased since battling him on Earth, Vegeta begins to suspect that Goku was a legendary Saiyan warrior called a "Super Saiyan". After a hard battle against Freeza, which resulted in both Vegeta's and Kuririn's deaths, Goku's rage toward Freeza enables his full transformation to Super Saiyan. Goku battles Freeza with his new power and defeats him after everyone is sent back to Earth. Goku defeats Freeza, and returns to Earth a year later, everyone who had died against Freeza and Vegeta were revived.

After Goku returns home, he is met by another Super Saiyan from the future named Trunks. Trunks informs Goku of a bleak future for Earth, where two very powerful androids (Jinzō'ningen) are terrorizing his world. Trunks also reveals that everyone who could fight for the Earth were killed by the androids, aside from Goku, who had died naturally due to a heart virus before the arrival of the androids. Trunks provides Goku with an antidote for the heart virus. Goku spends the next 3 years training with Piccolo and Gohan, not showing any signs of illness.

When the androids appear, Goku battles one of them named Android #19. It is only then that Goku shows signs of illness, and he is rushed from the battlefield. After recovering from the illness, Goku discovers that even more powerful androids named #17, #18 and #16 have been activated and defeated the Z warriors. After witnessing a greater threat arrive in the form of the artificial being named Cell, Goku knew that they had to find a way to ascend the Super Saiyan. Instead of ascending the Super Saiyan, Goku primarily focuses on mastering the Super Saiyan with Gohan for an elapsed year in the Room of Spirit and Time. Having remembered Gohan's dormant power that revealed itself when he fought Raditz years earlier, Goku trains Gohan in the room, knowing that if Gohan could become a Super Saiyan, they would be able to defeat Cell.

Cell attains his ultimate power during Goku and Gohan's training, and decides to host a Tenkaichi Budokai called "The Cell Games" in order to test his power. Goku faces Cell at the tournament, only to pass the match on to Gohan who had become a Super Saiyan during their training in the room. Relying on Gohan's power that he'd possessed since he was a child, Goku witnesses Gohan transform into a the more superior form of Super Saiyan 2. After seeing that he could not defeat Gohan, Cell begins to self-destruct in an attempt to destroy the Earth, forcing Goku to teleport Cell to Kaio-sama's planet, where Goku dies in the explosion. Cell regenerates and returns to Earth, more powerful than before. Gohan defeats Cell with help from Goku's spirit in the afterlife. After the battle, the Z warriors attempt to revive Goku, but Goku chooses to remain in the afterlife, believing himself to be the cause of many of the threats to Earth and his loved ones, explaining why he trained Gohan to succeed him.

Seven years after the events of Cell, Goku is given permission to return to Earth for one day to participate in the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai. During this time, he discovers that he has a second child named Son Goten. Goku's peaceful day on Earth is interrupted by the appearance of the Lord of Lords (Kaioshin), who informs Goku of a Universal threat that has been dormant on Earth for millions of years. The monster named Majin Buu lies dormant on Earth, attempting to be revived by the evil wizard named Babidi. Goku and the Z fighters attempt to stop Babidi from reviving Buu. However, Buu is revived during this time.

Knowing that he would need the Dragon Balls, Goku stalls Buu with his newest Super Saiyan transformation called Super Saiyan 3, so that they could retrieve the Dragon Radar before Buu unknowingly destroyed it. Goku later revealed that he could have defeated Buu in this form, however, he wanted to see the new generation learn to deal with threats for themselves. Goku returns to Other World, and finds Gohan training with Kaioshin. During this time, an ancient Kaioshin releases all of Gohan's dormant power, and he returns to Earth to fight Buu, only to be defeated by him, as Buu absorbs Gotenks (a fusion between Goten and Trunks) and Piccolo. Goku arrives to help him but Gohan is absorbed into Buu before a fusion can be made. Goku then fuses with Vegeta, who was returned to Earth by Lord Enma power to assist in fighting Buu. The pair create the super warrior Vegetto.

Vegetto easily overpowers Buu before getting intentionally absorbed in order to rescue all those who had been absorbed by Buu. Inside Buu's body, Vegetto is forced to separate back into Vegeta and Goku. The duo find all the absorbed warriors and rescue them (except Fat Buu), after which Buu transforms into an insane child-like form of himself. Goku, Vegeta, the new Guardian of Earth Dende, and the "world champion" Mr. Satan are teleported to Kaioshin's Planet by Kaioshin, seconds before Buu destroys Earth.

Majin Buu finds Goku and battles him. After an unsuccessful attempt to overpower Buu, Porunga is used to revive the Earth and its inhabitants. Goku forms a Genki Dama using Earth's energy and Buu is destroyed. Ten years later, Goku meets Buu's human reincarnation named Uub and trains him to be his successor as the Universe's greatest defender.

EXPLAIN ALL THAT IN A 2 - 2 1/2 Hr. Movie?????
and they prob. Abuse the power of CG! lolz
Sep 8, 2007 7:18 AM

Jun 2007
Well obviously they are not gonna do the entire "story" lol
Sep 9, 2007 12:15 PM
Jun 2007
yeah,but there are still some things missing in all that.like the turtle hermit.the origins of the true piccolo.and lets say thats this is a success in theaters.and decide to come out with a sequel.most likely will be about GT.by that time some ppl would say its more of the same stuff
Sep 14, 2007 8:04 AM
Sep 14, 2007 10:40 AM

Jun 2007
The Rock as Piccalo and Vin Diesal as Nappa
Sep 14, 2007 10:54 AM

Aug 2007
accela said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdqHKRYk1E

:)

For something so dodgy and lame i was moderatly impressed... So exactly like Dragon Ball Z (U.S.)

Nov 14, 2007 8:14 AM

Oct 2007
Some more details have hit the wires for the upcoming live-action adaptation of DRAGON BALL Z, reports the Hollywood Reporter. The trade announced that James Marsters will be portraying the villainous Piccolo facing off against the hero Goku, played by Justin Chatwin. Also revealed is a new release date of August 15, 2008 for director James Wong. Chatwin has begun training under the supervision of stunt performance company 87Eleven, the same team which oversaw the stunts for 300, The Matrix, Bourne Supremacy and Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer) is the acting producer on the project which begins filming later this year.

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
- the Joker
Nov 14, 2007 9:52 PM

Oct 2007
wow, i thought i saw a mock movie poster with a ugly piccolo. i guess it was true.
Mar 27, 2008 5:36 PM
Nov 2007
dragon ball live action? wdf ><;
http://imdb.com/title/tt1098327/
Mar 27, 2008 7:08 PM

Jun 2007
does anyone else think Hulk Hogan would make a good Mr. Satan? Just dye his hair and facial hair black and throw an afro on it and you get WIN.
Mar 29, 2008 3:03 PM

Feb 2008
Yuunagi said:
Sandgolem said:
Tom Cruise would make a great Vegeta.

1. He looks pretty similar to me.
2. Hes stone cold f*** nuts.

"Hey, Vegeta, what does the E-meter say about his power level?"

Then there would be the obligatory twist in the story wherein the Saiyans are revealed to be Saiyan-tologists.

lol too much
Mar 31, 2008 4:07 PM
Dec 2007
Wow.... This is gonna be nuts...
Apr 1, 2008 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Are you for real...? I suppose I'd watch live-action DBZ. With the fascination of watching a train wreck.
Apr 4, 2008 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
AHAHA! ROFL! BBZ LIVE ACTION? arent there like 289 episodes of dbz? hmmmm maybe i should, but it sounds kinda funny....whats it gonna be about?? who is going to be picolo? who can pull off goku's hair??

Apr 5, 2008 8:01 PM

Feb 2008
I have high hopes but low expectations for this movie :P

Chow Yun-Fat's presence is a good sign, though, for sure.
Apr 5, 2008 11:06 PM
Jan 2007
All I can say is:

LOL :D
Apr 6, 2008 2:46 PM

Dec 2007
Apr 17, 2008 2:26 AM

Apr 2008
Legion17 said:
I vote Jet Li for Goku.

I was smiling, until I read that.

I think the previous Vin Diesel idea was good, but that @ Jet Li ... perish the thought, please.

--

Anyway, i think this movie will be a major upset if it turns out to be ... good, lol. *imagines everyone catching whiplash as they say "wtf?!? That shit was hot!!?!?"*

I mean I think it'll suck also, but it'll be funny if it doesn't.

*edit

K, so it's gonna be somewhere between Mortal Kombat, and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation ... movie "goodness". Much better than my initial estimations, lol.
prasandApr 17, 2008 2:32 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.