Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 19, 2012 5:01 PM

Jul 2011
Rea's personality is not anything special and shes just damaged goods... But oh well, even tho i like Ranko more, id still like to see Chihiro with Rea as stupid people go with stupid people
May 19, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
Not a fan of Wanko, but I enjoyed the flashback of her past and how they came to met. Which should us why she has a crush on Chihiro . Next episode looks like the father going to be doing some snooping? Other people looking at Chihiro and Rea, while wondering in the mall. I sense fan service with the cloth shopping, and that night scene in the spoiler.
May 19, 2012 6:41 PM

Oct 2008
well, this episode WAS THE WORST EPISODE IN ANY ANIME EVER
May 19, 2012 7:05 PM

Dec 2008
Ugh makes me so angry. Wanko's pretty much got the perfect figure and everything in comparison to rea, and she is just plain better. BUT OH WAIT clearly she is going to lose. The one time where i want the cousin to win... its like I never win!
May 19, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
MorningGlory said:
I think its more like Chihiro is saving his CD from the dog rather than saving Wanko from the dog lol

That's exactly what I thought!!!

Sorry Ranko but your most definitely going to lose. Rea x Chihiro are a must, they are written in the stars....no but seriously their going to end up together, because that's just the way its gotta be : )

I missed Rea this episode, so I'm glad she's coming back.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 19, 2012 9:56 PM

Nov 2010
Ha, I like how Wanko is the one forcing everything for some people here but Rea isnt. I like Rea, but come on now lets be realistic. Obviously Chihiro is going to end up with Rea. That is a given since episode one, probably even the summary of the series. These types of shows have predicable relationship endings, which 99% of the shows nowadays do. Im an underdog fan, so Im a Wanko fan, but know the chances of her winning are slim to none.
May 20, 2012 1:44 AM

May 2009
Sieye said:
Ha, I like how Wanko is the one forcing everything for some people here but Rea isnt. I like Rea, but come on now lets be realistic. Obviously Chihiro is going to end up with Rea. That is a given since episode one, probably even the summary of the series. These types of shows have predicable relationship endings, which 99% of the shows nowadays do. Im an underdog fan, so Im a Wanko fan, but know the chances of her winning are slim to none.

Wanko is forcing herself onto Chihiro. Everything she does screams "I'm gonna get you, no matter what it takes!", and a later scene in the manga drives that point home even further. She is quite willing to go to extremes to win Chihiro over, and ruin his relationship with Rea. Now, I don't care if you find that last relationship unhealthy or whatever, but Wanko should have gotten the clue by now that he simply isn't interested in her, yet she still pursues him, when she knows that the chances of her succeeding are very slim, especially if he can find a way to preserve Rea for a very long time.

Rea is, by comparison, much more innocent, or even naive. I don't see her pushing herself onto Chihiro willingly (instinct is another matter, though this has more to do with it not being able to fully distinct love from hunger).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2012 4:42 AM
Feb 2012
So this week we got an episode centered around Wanko and Furuya's past.
Well, picking the episode apart is unnecessary since I enjoyed every little bit of it. Actually I might write a few words about the end. Seeing Wanko trying to kiss Furuya was surprising but not too much. It's ridiculously obvious that she loves him (she even said it, duh) so having this little love triangle will turn out to be fascinating for sure. How will it affect the relationship between Furuya and Rea? Will Furuya eventually realize that he has feelings for Wanko too? Or will they end up together because of Rea leaving this world for good (they better not go with that possibility)? So many questions and a still unknown number of episodes left. By the way, 5/5

It looks like all the eighth episodes of my anime this season look fairly promising. Accel World, Nazo no Kanojo and now even Sankarea. Looking forward to it.
RachmaninowMay 20, 2012 4:47 AM
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 20, 2012 6:11 AM

Oct 2009
Wanko is hotter

oh right.. but she is alive
May 20, 2012 6:42 AM

Aug 2010
I find the lack of Rea in Sankarea disturbing...I hope the teaser was accurate and she will have much screen time come the next episode. The last scene with almost kissing Chihiro was good though 3/5.
May 20, 2012 7:36 AM

May 2010
Ranko is best.This episode made me fall in love with her.

By the Way,I didn't know that Mero-chan was the one doing the previews,I thought it was Rea....I was decieved,:(.
May 20, 2012 8:42 AM

Jun 2008
Damn girl. 99,99999% of men in the planet we prefer having you than a zombie and you had to fall in-love with the one of the biggest weirdo on the planet and his zombie fetishes.

Shih said:
Parents who promote incest... hehe o_o

Not all countries have the same taboos about cousins. In many you can marry your cousin. Don't know how it is in Japan though.

choyos said:
I like this approach better than the manga. Manga was a bit more dramatic, but this actually went into some major details and made the relation a bit more real.
Is nice that for once the mail character actually remember things from his past and doesn't suffer some selective amnesia.
Yumekichi11 said:
So Ranko LOST already as she will never be #1 kiss for Chihiro.

I think Ranko is a more likable character than Rea (more noticeable in the anime), sadly Chihiro doesn't allow himself to see her in that way.
Ranko will loose unless she makes some major personality changes to be less annoying to him and more like Rea... but then she would just be another air-head with big boobs.

I don't think he cares about the kiss situation as much as the fact that Ranko is too "unlady like" towards him (I don't really think he care about the cousin situation either)

Unlady like has nothing to do with it. He just has zombies in the brain. Besides he promotes the unlady like behavior from her because his so tense(just look how indifferent to everything he was as a kid) that makes her react like that just so she can get any type of response.

Anyway Wango truly doesn't have a chance because we have a zombie girl and only one man in the world that can like being with a zombie girl so it's inevitable. Also the whole theme is the living zombie girl so she has privileges in the story. Only way for Wango to win is if the anime has a tragic "zombie dies" ending which i doubt.

Anyway am not sad about it though. His a boring self-centered person really, she's too good for him, hopes she finds someone else that can actually care for her.
Although i like her i thing those two(Rea x Zombie boy) fit each other better since they are both messed up.

Btw now we know where Wango got her looks. That mother of hers is hot stuff. Unfortunately her father looks like his running on low battery. How the hell does that guy managed to grab a lively hot woman like Wango's mother is beyond me.
MonadMay 20, 2012 9:12 AM
May 20, 2012 8:51 AM

Sep 2010
A childhood friend episode.... Meh.....

Anyway confirmed love triangle.....

3/5
May 20, 2012 11:42 AM

May 2011
MorningGlory said:
I think its more like Chihiro is saving his CD from the dog rather than saving Wanko from the dog lol
Lol nice one.

Such a cute episode, poor Ranko even though she's so awesome she doesn't have much of a chance against Rea. Starting to like Ranko a bit more than Rea now after this ep. Ugh Chihiro you oblivious doofus.
May 20, 2012 2:20 PM
Apr 2011
Zombie vs live human? Doesn't matter how cute the zombie is I think I'd rather choose the girl who's alive!
May 20, 2012 9:05 PM
Aug 2011
OK Furuya just lost my respect for him.....
May 21, 2012 7:55 AM

Oct 2007
Whether you like Ranko more or Rea more is your problem but I honestly don't see how Chihiro has already chosen one over another. It is true that Rea has a better chance than Ranko since she is a zombie which is his fetish. He prefer zombie over a normal girl but that doesn't mean he has no feeling for Ranko and it is the same when Rea was still a human.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 21, 2012 1:08 PM

Nov 2010
No Fanservice nor Sanka Rea this week

Yay for Wanko! \o/
May 21, 2012 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
this episode totally makes me to get excited about the anime again (since I don't read the manga) (since the previous episodes were rather boring)
Cute Chihiro and Ranko! Seriously didn't expect that coming! I see many emotional scene's here, or is it just me.
I hope the next episode will be far more interesting (what is it related to Producer?! ww)
May 21, 2012 7:21 PM

Jun 2009
Her chances were doomed once Wanko was labeled as childhood friend.
May 21, 2012 8:40 PM

Mar 2008
no Chihiro x Rea in this episode .. -_-
May 22, 2012 3:29 AM

Jul 2009
It's so funny to see the massively diverse reaction in this thread.

Some loved it to bits, some hated it to the extreme
Some began to love Ranko, some began to hate her.

the MAL community is hilarious as always.
May 22, 2012 4:50 AM

Jan 2012
jeroz said:

Well, different people have different opinions.It wouldn't be interesting if everyone had the same opinion....
May 22, 2012 7:17 AM

Jun 2010
No REA in my SankaREA show. GTFO!!

May 22, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2011
I liked the episode, but I want more of the story is the present.
Next episode Rea's father might mess around with stuff again, I'm looking forward to it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 22, 2012 11:50 AM

Jul 2011
Alright, I mean I like this and all, but I just have to ignore the fact that they're cousins for me to enjoy it.
May 23, 2012 2:23 AM

Apr 2012
jeroz said:

what is so hilarious and deviate of people having different opinions
it's called human nature
never heard of it?

anyways looking forward to the next episode
looks like the pedophile father is going to be as creepy as always ~

May 23, 2012 11:13 AM

Mar 2011
They were watching Dawn of the Dead! I love that movie.
May 23, 2012 4:18 PM

Feb 2009
Well I don't understand why Ranko has so many people who hate her, I mean I've seen annoying childhood friend and so far from what I see she's pretty cool.

I feel so sad for her for falling in love with Chichiro the usual annoying male lead character. In anime I've yet to see a guy who is really that interesting to have so many girls falling for him.
May 24, 2012 5:07 AM

Apr 2009
Ranko gets her time in the limelight, her very own 20+ minutes of fame. Took a little break from the source material to further develop Ranko's character, but it also managed to show some of Chihiro's backstory with it. Not such a bad thing, but it could mean that they're trying to fill in some gaps if they're planning to stop at a certain point that I'm thinking of.

Gotta love those preview skits at the end by Mero/Yuka Iguchi. Looking forward to some more zombie moe next episode...
May 24, 2012 1:41 PM

Jun 2009
Blaaaghh I feel so sorry for Ranko.
The backgrounds in this anime are so freakin' lush!
I'm gonna use a lot of them as wallpapers (using Windows 7 cycle mode).

I definitely liked the insight into their past. Now I see more of Ranko beyond "AHHH MOOEEE". It's pretty cool that she stuck around with Chihiro like that despite him being completely oblivious to her, hell even now he's oblivious.
May 25, 2012 1:16 AM

May 2009
Demonicpoodle said:
Blaaaghh I feel so sorry for Ranko.
The backgrounds in this anime are so freakin' lush!
I'm gonna use a lot of them as wallpapers (using Windows 7 cycle mode).

I definitely liked the insight into their past. Now I see more of Ranko beyond "AHHH MOOEEE". It's pretty cool that she stuck around with Chihiro like that despite him being completely oblivious to her, hell even now he's oblivious.

Well, instead of clinging to him and doing all sorts of stuff to annoy the hell out of him, why can't she just say that she likes him, or even that she's in love with him? Why does it always have to be the guy who has to figure out what the girl is thinking? Why can't the girl make the first step once in a while, especially once she notices her Love Interest isn't responding the way she'd like him to?? Communication goes both ways.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2012 10:34 PM

Sep 2008
Ranko was alright in this episode.

Chihiro's ignorance is frustrating. Another conveniently-ignorant MC for the sake of harems and misunderstandings. This show really is taking a dip. Quite a shame, the first 3 or so episodes were very well done.
May 30, 2012 4:42 PM

Jan 2012
I do feel a bit of empathy for Ranko, if I was in her situation I'd be upset.

But let's face it.

Rea is better
Ranko is his cousin
Jun 3, 2012 7:04 AM

Aug 2011
Wow an entire ep dedicated to Ranko, Rea was no where in sight.

I still find it odd how Furuya was so into extreme zombie films even from a young age. Considering his past, he actually hides it very well when he's outside, as if he has no fetish at all.
Jun 11, 2012 1:28 PM
Jun 2012
I really hope ranko doesn't decide to turn herself into a zombie just to apeal to chihiro. I suspect that might ruin the series.
Jun 22, 2012 9:33 PM

Dec 2010
Wow the studio captured the whole manga very well. I loved the emotions involved and the deep thinking. If you took a listen to the dialogue and scenes very carefully, you can see how much effort was put into this show. Very beautiful.

Bumped my score for this show from an 8 to a 9 out of 10.

Jun 25, 2012 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
Why was he such a dumb kid?
Who would rather be within their own interests when such a cute girl was willing to play with you?
Jun 28, 2012 6:37 AM

May 2011
-Quasar said:
Her chances were doomed once Wanko was labeled as childhood friend.

This, "childhood friend" zone is worst position to be in on a Japanese anime.
Jul 2, 2012 8:21 AM

Jan 2012
really nice to get some back-story on Wanko here, so for me a nice filler and looks like were getting back on track after this so no harm done..... Loved how at first she hated him for the whole zombie thing, but gradually just fell for him, the scene with the dog was cute as-well but as other people stated earlier, it could have just been he was protecting his beloved DVD xD

I like Wanko, I think underneath the fan service and the way she kinda teases Chihiro and pokes fun, she does really just love and care for him!
Jul 3, 2012 3:22 PM

Sep 2011
I don't mind this pairing to be honest. Great development within only 1 episode. xD
Jul 4, 2012 12:28 PM

Jun 2010
incest...
~MoChiQuacHiE~♥
Jul 5, 2012 10:11 AM

Jan 2010
when Furuya was a child, he was so cute ♥____♥
Jul 23, 2012 9:59 PM

Dec 2009
Loved the Ranko episode. Since this anime is called Sankarea..it's pretty obvious that Chihiro is going to end up with Rea. I don't really mind though, I never really liked Chihiro from the beginning. Hope to see more Ranko in the following episodes.
Jul 26, 2012 11:14 AM

Feb 2011
Amazing episode . We get to see more about their past . Also full of Ranko x Chihiro

Oct 16, 2012 10:04 PM

Apr 2008
A so sweet episode! Go Ranko, go!
Dec 3, 2012 9:46 PM

May 2012
Cousins. Only in anime.
Dec 26, 2012 2:16 PM

May 2012
Great backstory on both of them and well a more revealed side of her loving him... was quite nice to see actually but well lets see what's next!
Apr 17, 2013 1:49 AM

Apr 2012
Ranko is definitely the underdog in this one. She's clearly in the friend zone for Chihiro who didn't look to thrilled at the prospect of being kissed.

Loved the Engris movies.
May 2, 2013 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
I like how they made Ranko and Rea likeable characters, so which ever one he chooses i'm fine with.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.