Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2012 6:44 PM

Jan 2010
Th' way I see it, if Law's got Shanks in mind Luffy'll have to take him down right here. If it's Blackbeard, I get the feeling it'll simply be setting something up for later on (much later, I'd have to assume). Big Mom seems like she's relatively close by, and also the easiest to exploit for some reason, so it's a good possibility. I actually sort of like the idea of Luffy never meeting Kaido face to face at all, and sort of just hearing about him from time to time. Also, Law would most definitely make a good ally; he's an excellent start to Luffy's Pirate King Armada.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
May 17, 2012 10:15 PM

May 2011
If Luffy doesn't take up this offer, he didn't develop at all since episode 1. I'll lose any praise I ever had for him.

About the Yonkou, It's definitely not Shanks. Law witnessed first hand the relationship between Luffy and Shanks at the war. He's not an idiot. It's definitely not going to be Blackbeard. Kaidou has received too much hype from Moria, Shanks and X Drake. He is probably the most "evil" from all of them and I see Oda using him far later on in the story.

Big Mum is the only logical answer here. 1: She's freaking ugly, 2: Has hostility towards Luffy and Fishman Island (Jinbei can possibly assist in this battle), and 3: As others have mentioned, Kidd has already expressed hostility towards her crew and the trio did team up at Shabondy once before.

Also, this "Key" on Punk Hazard is very intriguing. I wonder if it's some sort of special chemical weopon. If it were Pluton, I'd be shocked.
May 18, 2012 4:40 AM

Dec 2010
Epic chapter by farr!!

Im a little scared the alliance wont happen though, no matter how much I want it. Just seems to good to be true.
With my luck he's prob gonna suggest taking down shanks :/

Love luffy's aiming attack, target system is always a cool look ;)
And Franky was hilarious! Love Rampaging Chopper! <3
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
May 18, 2012 6:15 AM

Jul 2009
The fighting scenes were a little jumbled in this chapter. Law seems to know a lot more about the new world than anyone else...
May 18, 2012 8:12 AM

Jul 2011
flame_master_14 said:
Th' way I see it, if Law's got Shanks in mind Luffy'll have to take him down right here. If it's Blackbeard, I get the feeling it'll simply be setting something up for later on (much later, I'd have to assume). Big Mom seems like she's relatively close by, and also the easiest to exploit for some reason, so it's a good possibility. I actually sort of like the idea of Luffy never meeting Kaido face to face at all, and sort of just hearing about him from time to time. Also, Law would most definitely make a good ally; he's an excellent start to Luffy's Pirate King Armada.

This. I was thinking around the same lines. I'm curious to how Luffy will respond to his invitation.
May 18, 2012 8:17 AM

Jul 2009
I think Law wants to beat Big moma , look they give SWEETS to kids which are fucking big like her and they are drugged , perhaps they want to give her some kind of poisonous candy to make her addicted to it and use her to fight other emperors ?
May 18, 2012 5:06 PM

Feb 2011
For those of you leaning towards the idea that 1 of the yonkou's took Laws crew, that's absurd.
If Law had lost his crew, I doubt he would've just been lingering around and discovered Punk Hazard. He even said something about "sleeping on this island". I think he'd be a bit more concerned if his crew was gone.
He wasn't expecting Luffy and so I see no reason to believe he lost his crew.
Most likely, His crew is doing something for him or awaiting his orders. That's the most reasonable inference.

A lot of people thought that Law was being forced by CC but that theory has been proven wrong due to latest chapters.
I believe Luffy will accept Laws offer. It is usually obvious when Luffy is going to reject something based on how Oda presents Luffys responses. This match up is perfect and there is no reason for Luffy to say no. Oda has already hinted towards a long term friendship between the two, so...
May 19, 2012 3:55 AM

Mar 2009
Could the Yonkou Law is targeting be Big Mom? Fighting Blackbeard might be a bit too soon. If he was planning to attack Shanks, Luffy would definitely disagree.

ANd all this while we haven't seen any of Law's crew. Really curious as to what happened to them
zanpakutoflamesMay 19, 2012 4:05 AM
May 21, 2012 1:09 AM

Apr 2009
Luffy, please accpet alliance!
May 22, 2012 5:38 AM

Aug 2011
interesting chapter!

it is indeed absolutely epicness.

what could trafagar law be planning to take out yonkou with luffy?

perhaps he wants to work under luffy's protection,

i cant wait for more chapters, i'll look forward to it :D
Aug 31, 2012 2:03 PM

Oct 2011
I fell asleep.
And it's quite predictable that it'll be Big Mom,
Shanks is too close atm and BB is too far, more like a final villain...Kaidou might be, just to fodderize him but I don't think so

1/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 3:42 AM

Feb 2013
Law has a plan to defeat a Yonkou!
May 25, 2021 11:21 PM

Jun 2017
Obviously, Luffy likes Law so there's a big chance that he will accept the proposal!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 11, 2021 9:11 AM
May 2020
Franky gets a rumble ball and immediately makes the battle harder on EVERYONE else! Then Law comes in with an alliance proposal!!! It is also great to see how Luffy's battle smarts have upgraded.
R.I.P. Brown Beard... wait, this is One Piece, he might not be dead??? I mean if Cariboo's brother and crew survived that sea monster attack, why not this guy?

WAIT, we never get to see what the YETI COOL BROTHER'S FACES LOOK LIKE??? AND THEY ARE GONE NEXT CHAPTER?!?? (flips table)
Aug 19, 2022 4:21 PM

Mar 2021
LAW YOU CRAZY BASTARD. I'M IN. Possible Luffy x Law alliance !

Oct 24, 2022 5:58 AM

May 2021
Oh god, I so want a Law and Luffy alliance.

Apr 21, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2022
Luffy x Law is going to be one hell of a tag team
Mar 9, 8:01 AM
Jan 2021
Man these Chapters are so boring
i hate this arc already and the drawings get worse too
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.