May 14, 2012 3:34 PM

jama91 said:
Detroit metal city.Lmfao
ill show you fucks the proper way to rape something

one of the funniest lines ive ever heard

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 14, 2012 3:46 PM
otaking
no anime is Truly mindless
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

May 14, 2012 4:11 PM

Enjolras1830 said:

Oh please lol - you know what this thread is about and that is just arguing semantics. Of course an anime can pretty much be considered mindless. Some series are almost pure fan service (Highschool of the Dead anyone)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 14, 2012 4:17 PM
otaking
LayedBack said:
Enjolras1830 said:

Oh please lol - you know what this thread is about and that is just arguing semantics. Of course an anime can pretty much be considered mindless. Some series are almost pure fan service (Highschool of the Dead anyone)

Noting in any form or art can be Truly Mindless is the the people who its aimed at who are mindless
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

May 14, 2012 4:22 PM

May 14, 2012 4:35 PM

Enjolras1830 said:
LayedBack said:
Enjolras1830 said:

Noting in any form or art can be Truly Mindless is the the people who its aimed at who are mindless

So someone who can hardly type a sentence correctly is going to argue with me about semantics? Stay on topic, this thread is about recommending anime and it seems so far you're the only one in 3 pages to misunderstand that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 14, 2012 4:41 PM
otaking
LayedBack said:
Enjolras1830 said:
LayedBack said:
Enjolras1830 said:

So someone who can hardly type a sentence correctly is going to argue with me about semantics? Stay on topic, this thread is about recommending anime and it seems so far you're the only one in 3 pages to misunderstand that.

this is not a Rec thread its a Anime Discussion Thread, its not semantics i personality do not see any anime as mindless

May 14, 2012 4:48 PM

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou & K-ON!

May 14, 2012 4:51 PM

No such thing as a mindless anime, oh god mad drills.

May 14, 2012 5:40 PM

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

May 14, 2012 6:24 PM
Nyan Koi!

May 14, 2012 6:55 PM
Enjolras1830 said:
its not semantics i personality do not see any anime as mindless

Read the OP's definition of mindless: 'Does not require significant thought or concentration to enjoy'. Are you saying that every anime requires large amounts of concentration and thought to enjoy? Because I must have been enjoying many anime the wrong way for so long.

May 14, 2012 7:03 PM

FauxAzn said:
Redline. Fast, furious, and eye-fuckingly beautiful.
Also, Dead Leaves.
Createthebox said:
School Rumble.
jama91 said:
Detroit metal city.Lmfao
These.

mdude009 said:
Desert Punk, it requires the attention span of a dead squirrel and is hilarious as all hell.
Funny as it may be, there actually is a plot that requires a bit more attention than a dead squirrel can give.

May 14, 2012 7:09 PM

hentai_proxy said:
Enjolras1830 said:
its not semantics i personality do not see any anime as mindless

Read the OP's definition of mindless: 'Does not require significant thought or concentration to enjoy'. Are you saying that every anime requires large amounts of concentration and thought to enjoy? Because I must have been enjoying many anime the wrong way for so long.

Yep it's just semantics, I don't know what his point was. The OP explained what he wanted to discuss and what he meant by 'mindless'. If he thinks every anime requires a lot of thought and concentration then I don't even know what to say...

Dead Leaves - I found this anime to be the bad kind of mindless, it was just dull and vulgar for the sake of it, not entertaining at all.

May 14, 2012 7:17 PM

danshi kokyousei no nichijou
which is daily life of high school boys, not sure if i spelled them right..
this is the one that i enjoyed the most, it was just soooo funny

May 14, 2012 8:00 PM

Ninja Nonsense. =D

Sengoku Basara and DBZ are up there as well. I just kinda sit there and drool and go "Huh huh huh they're punching eachother. XD"

May 14, 2012 8:02 PM

Mai-hime

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

May 14, 2012 8:18 PM

Detroit Metal City
Baccano
Hellsing Ultimate
Highschool of the Dead

May 14, 2012 9:25 PM

Gintama

May 14, 2012 9:33 PM

lol definitly lucky star or k-on

May 15, 2012 12:22 AM

TTGL probably. No logic or thinking needed to enjoy this one

May 15, 2012 1:19 AM

sekirei

May 15, 2012 2:54 AM

K-On
Strike Witches
Mayoi Neko Overrun
Dead Leaves
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Seitokai no Ichizon

Wow, didn't realise i had so many.
That's kinda embarrassing.

May 15, 2012 3:33 AM

FLCL
DMC

May 15, 2012 8:06 AM
Another one of my favorites would have to be Sgt. Frog.
Man, I never get tired of that anime! :-)

May 15, 2012 8:18 AM

Arakawa Under the Bridge

So random, i was like O.o the whole time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

May 15, 2012 8:23 AM

Gintama
Feel free to recommend me good romance (BL is fine!) or slices-of-life anime I haven't seen yet!

May 15, 2012 9:02 AM

k-on in since the mind doesn't have to do any work watching it

However Excel Saga could be described as mindless because of how incomprehensible it is. there for you are forced not to use the logical part of your mind watching it.
Don't Push Me !

May 15, 2012 9:39 AM
Hidamari Sketch
­

May 15, 2012 10:10 AM
Seitokai Yakuindomo

May 15, 2012 10:13 AM

All Ecchi Anime Attract Me. :3
I Be Concentrating The Whole Time ^^

May 15, 2012 11:45 AM

School Rumble en Seitokai Yakuindomo<3333

May 15, 2012 12:05 PM

Currently Haiyore! Nyaruko-san for me, I'm loving the series so far.

May 15, 2012 12:11 PM

K-On!, I guess. At least that's the most "mindless" one I've watched; did it to take a break from more action-ey shows.

May 15, 2012 12:12 PM

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Once you get it and watch it a few times you can just zip through it.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

May 15, 2012 2:19 PM

Golden boy, without a doubt. Too much winning. Also Ultimate teacher and GTO.
For newer ones probably Madoka, Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Highschool of the dead and ofcourse Guilty Crown.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

May 15, 2012 2:28 PM

Yvese said:
Mars of Destruction.

Truly a masterpiece.
Agreed.

LayedBack said:
Gintama is clever comedy, the best anime has to offer.
Thank you for giving me a good laugh.

May 15, 2012 4:44 PM

RenaPsychoKiller said:
LayedBack said:

Well it doesn't really require a great deal of concentration, so I can't truly deny that it belongs in this thread I guess. But I think in order to write really good comedy you have to be pretty clever. Anyways the rating for it speaks for itself, Gintama is the best comedy anime as to offer. :P

May 15, 2012 5:03 PM

Gintama's comedy is so good that made Rena laugh. Secondarily, at least.

May 15, 2012 5:11 PM

A Channel ,Thermae Romae

May 15, 2012 5:12 PM

LayedBack said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:
LayedBack said:

Well it doesn't really require a great deal of concentration, so I can't truly deny that it belongs in this thread I guess. But I think in order to write really good comedy you have to be pretty clever. Anyways the rating for it speaks for itself, Gintama is the best comedy anime as to offer. :P
Most comedies don't require much thought. Gintama is no different. A clever writer is irrelevant to the viewer's mindfulness.

To say it's mindless isn't really insulting the anime, so there's really no need to defend Gintama in this aspect.

I'd say if a comedy really required people to think about it to be funny then most people wouldn't find it that funny, or most people wouldn't get the joke.

May 15, 2012 5:16 PM

jal90 said:
Gintama's comedy is so good that made Rena laugh. Secondarily, at least.

I'm not sure that's what just happened lol. Anyways anyone who drops Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood less than halfway through and proceeds to rate it a 3/10 is really hard to take seriously at all.

bottosai-01 said:
Golden boy, without a doubt. Too much winning. Also Ultimate teacher and GTO
For newer ones probably Madoka, Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Highschool of the dead and ofcourse Guilty Crown.

Agreed with a lot of those. And hmm I've been meaning to watch Golden Boy for a long time now, is it really that entertaining?

May 15, 2012 5:28 PM

Tachii said:
LayedBack said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:
LayedBack said:

Most comedies don't require much thought. Gintama is no different. A clever writer is irrelevant to the viewer's mindfulness.

To say it's mindless isn't really insulting the anime, so there's really no need to defend Gintama in this aspect.

I'd say if a comedy really required people to think about it to be funny then most people wouldn't find it that funny, or most people wouldn't get the joke.

Well what you've quoted was my attempt at defending my opinion that Gintama is a clever comedy and the best anime has to offer. I see your point, it's something I've already thought about and if you read my post carefully I've also concluded that Gintama could indeed be considered 'mindless' to some. Though I personally find comedy to often be quite thought provoking, indeed Gintama isn't a good example of that.

May 15, 2012 5:39 PM

Highschool of the Dead. It has everything that I dislike about anime, but it turned out reasonably entertaining and easy to watch for me.

May 15, 2012 5:39 PM

Often thought provoking? I can't remember the last comedy that was as thought provoking as Code Geass. And I don't mean to insult comedies or Code Geass in this analogy.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? is probably the closest one I can think of.

I don't mean to argue about opinions, but I really find it an exaggerated use of words to label comedy material.

May 15, 2012 5:41 PM

Tachii said:
Often thought provoking? I can't remember the last comedy that was as thought provoking as Code Geass. And I don't mean to insult comedies or Code Geass in this analogy.

A comedy can be thought-provoking as long as it creates an attachment strong enough to start taking its content seriously. That shouldn't be surprising after all.

May 15, 2012 5:48 PM

Usually though it is other elements like the sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy/thriller aspects that could make the same anime with comedy thought provoking. In of itself I do find it quite surprising to be called thought provoking.

May 15, 2012 5:51 PM

Tachii said:

I don't mean to argue about opinions, but I really find it an exaggerated use of words to label comedy material.

Finding an example in anime is rather hard for me to do as I'm not the most experienced when it comes to the comedy genre in anime. But when comedy is related to real world events, or different concepts, it should be plain as day to see how it can be thought provoking. I could name a ton of examples outside of anime (The Daily Show, Lewis Black) In fact comedy can really drive a point home if done correctly, you're kind of underestimating the genre. I'd be pretty surprised if there weren't at least a few anime titles that could be considered in this way.

May 15, 2012 5:54 PM

Tachii said:
Usually though it is other elements like the sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy/thriller aspects that could make the same anime with comedy thought provoking. In of itself I do find it quite surprising to be called thought provoking.

Well, in the sense of describing "thought-provoking" as an universal, probably intended by the author feeling, you are right. But a comedy is as able to get to these points with the right attachment as the genres you listed. So I wouldn't be surprised if LayedBack said that he found Gintama thought-provoking... because I myself have felt the same with my favorite comedies (so funny I mentioned two of them in this thread). And that doesn't mean they are specially deep, but that I give more importance to details -and probably magnify them- that go beyond that primary objective of making laugh.

May 18, 2012 2:02 PM

How about Lucky Star? *puts brain in a pickle jar*

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »