Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Approve?

#1
May 13, 2012 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
IT’S TIME PEOPLE! S2 is coming up and I got some scoop for all of you! 16 New characters! WOW! AMAZING! Chaos will be insane in S2! The time will really have to be chosen well or it could be loads more deaths? Let’s see!

Among the many characters that are insane in the list I chose 3 of my favorites out.

First of all that girl in the following,

Nice blonde hair! I like her glasses. Looks a little small breasted but hair style is nice.

The following girl,

MERMAID! O_O WTF! MOE! Amazing really to have made such a girl. I assume she turns like that and can turn into a human girl. NICE! Mermaid curse is not around at that time period and world.

Finally I present COOLEST SHIT!

That guy is CRAZYYYYYYYYY! Design is wow! Can’t wait to see him animated and in action.

Other characters in the list
  • That is some weird dude in the spoiler
    seems to love eating. Weird face alright.

  • This guy in the spoiler
    looks like he is dead. Zombie like? WTF? Weird guy but I like his style and appearance.

  • BLACK GUY in the spoiler
    makes me think of the one from Tiger and Bunny. Hope he has the GAY tendencies to make it comedy worth. Hope his fighting style is nice.

  • THAT TRAP in the spoiler
    looks like a small boy but as if a girl loli. Looks like he has one of the Sins Weapons.

  • Glasses Nerd guy in the spoiler
    seems to bleed out from the nose. A pervert perhaps? If it results in more fan service. COOL! Other than that not much can say.

  • WOLF GUY! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! In the spoiler
    By far my 4th favorite to watch out for. I love people like him! Makes it cool! Really want to see his power! He looks KICK ASS!

  • Diving guy in the spoiler
    looks like some kind of hunk like KOUKI! DAMNNNNNNNNN! Can’t wait to see his gentlemanly charms.

  • Broom/Thief girl in the spoiler
    looks cute and perky. I like her appearance in general. Can’t wait to see her in action. She looks like a teasing type and comedic.

  • This girl in the spoiler
    she some kind of counter attack fist type? Well it looks like it. She seems interesting but design is generic.

  • SAMURAI GUY in the spoiler
    is COOL! NICE! Like his appearance and he seems quiet but deadly.

  • Person in the cloak in the spoiler
    WTF and Who? Weird. Really no info on that person.

  • A bird character in the spoiler
    AHAHAHAHAH LOONY TUNES? Well can’t wait to see that.

  • OK WTF IS THAT in the spoiler
    looks like a MOE animal but WTF at its appearance. Oh boy! ROFL!

  • NICE SHIP DESIGN! In the spoiler
    that’s enemy ship IMO.
SO WOW! ALL THE CHARACTERS! S2 is going to outboast S1 for sure!

Proof this is not BS! In the spoiler
Those are all character original sketches, which means 100% they are in S2.

WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW PEOPLE? Voice it out!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#2
May 13, 2012 4:17 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113470
Shit's going down and that last scene from the second part of the season 1 was priceless, especially Tori's last words.

Hmm, about the characters...that mermaid, scientist, witch, boxer, etc. I sense something big going to throw down.

Also, the ship reminds me of Dark Flattop from Yugioh 5d's for some reason.
 
#3
May 13, 2012 4:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Stark700 said:
Shit's going down and that last scene from the second part of the season 1 was priceless, especially Tori's last words.

Hmm, about the characters...that mermaid. Also, the ship reminds me of Dark Flattop from Yugioh 5d's for some reason.
Cool! Glad you follow me around.

Still insane 16 characters! WOW!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#4
May 13, 2012 4:21 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113470
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Shit's going down and that last scene from the second part of the season 1 was priceless, especially Tori's last words.

Hmm, about the characters...that mermaid. Also, the ship reminds me of Dark Flattop from Yugioh 5d's for some reason.
Cool! Glad you follow me around.

Still insane 16 characters! WOW!

Am bored right now lol.

Honestly though, I didn't like season 1 of Horizon In the Middle of Nowhere except the first episode (which was impressive, if they followed it, I would of gave it a very high score). The final 2 episodes were pretty good in my book though.

Since action started in the final 2 episodes, especially the second half of the final episode, I'm guessing there'll more action and less talk.

Ye, summer's going to be interesting this year (for sci-fi fans). This and Rinne no Lagrange, Sword Art Online, etc

 
#5
May 13, 2012 4:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Shit's going down and that last scene from the second part of the season 1 was priceless, especially Tori's last words.

Hmm, about the characters...that mermaid. Also, the ship reminds me of Dark Flattop from Yugioh 5d's for some reason.
Cool! Glad you follow me around.

Still insane 16 characters! WOW!

Am bored right now lol.

Honestly though, I didn't like season 1 of Horizon In the Middle of Nowhere except the first episode (which was impressive, if they followed it, I would of gave it a very high score). The final 2 episodes were pretty good in my book though.

Since action started in the final 2 episodes, especially the second half of the final episode, I'm guessing there'll more action and less talk.

Ye, summer's going to be interesting this year (for sci-fi fans). This and Rinne no Lagrange, Sword Art Online, etc

I see well I did not mind the flaws too much but the intro seems it could have been done better. Instead they slowed it down for richer atmosphere immersion and background story which resulted in less action and more talk. To aver that they need to do the opposite in S2. Episode 1 will tell more and it should start with action all around.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#6
May 13, 2012 4:28 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113470
Yumekichi11 said:
I see well I did not mind the flaws too much but the intro seems it could have been done better. Instead they slowed it down for richer atmosphere immersion and background story which resulted in less action and more talk. To aver that they need to do the opposite in S2. Episode 1 will tell more and it should start with action all around.

Yup. So, this is their chance to redeem themselves :P

Those Tori expressions were priceless though, I think I might hunt some stitches for AMP later this week.

 
#7
May 13, 2012 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I see well I did not mind the flaws too much but the intro seems it could have been done better. Instead they slowed it down for richer atmosphere immersion and background story which resulted in less action and more talk. To aver that they need to do the opposite in S2. Episode 1 will tell more and it should start with action all around.

Yup. So, this is their chance to redeem themselves :P

Those Tori expressions were priceless though, I think I might hunt some stitches for AMP later this week.

Should check mines I did. I should finish up on other ones though.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#8
May 13, 2012 5:09 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24905
now its up to round 1/3 of the cast of the novels by my count
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
#9
Jul 15, 2012 5:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
lol, 16 is still just the top of the iceburg.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jul 18, 2012 10:14 PM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
Having an even bigger cast is not something to be amazed by. Downgrades the series greatly when you cant even remember half their names.
 
Jul 19, 2012 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
sarroush said:
Having an even bigger cast is not something to be amazed by. Downgrades the series greatly when you cant even remember half their names.


Not really, depends on the person itself.
The number of characters is irrelevant to the quality of the story, there's even some "smaller casted" stories that's not even successful.

One Piece also has many characters, but the story rarely drops it's quality. You're focus is about the current events, not remembering all the characters.

There are many other works that has many characters but can still deliver quality.
ex: Dragon Ball, Hunter X Hunter. Naruto

You're not supposed to expect to see all of them at the same time. If you can't remember all of them then it's your own fault.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jul 24, 2012 10:56 AM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
kaimax said:


The number of characters is relevant to a story that is apparently known to be complex. You don't get a good story without characterization. The anime barely has any characterization. Which already weakens the story.

So no, adding an additional 16 characters, while barely paying attention to the current ones, is not something to rejoice over.

You also can't compare OP, DB and Naruto to Horizon. The former all have over 100 episodes and which helps you to remember 99% of the names.
Modified by sarroush, Jul 24, 2012 11:02 AM
 
Jul 24, 2012 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 324
sarroush said:
kaimax said:


You also can't compare OP, DB and Naruto to Horizon. The former all have over 100 episodes and which helps you to remember 99% of the names.

Season 1 was a thousand page counting Novel. There are like 18 novels like that. So you can compare it.

Also, Queen's Blade. Your opinion is invalid. Because of that, and because of kaimax making too much sense

Sarroush >:l

-----------
On a more serious note. While I'm not happy with a character dump like this, it doesn't put me off from watching the anime.
 
Jul 24, 2012 11:17 AM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
LordStraw said:

Season 1 was a thousand page counting Novel. There are like 18 novels like that. So you can compare it.

Also, Queen's Blade. Your opinion is invalid. Because of that, and because of kaimax making too much sense

Sarroush >:l
----------------
On a more serious note. While I'm not happy with a character dump like this, it doesn't put me off from watching the anime.


You still can't compare it. 13 episodes cannot compare to a full blown 100+ episode series, no matter how many pages it took from the novel. It just shows that the adaptation was weak, nothing more, Straw.

You're tormenting me on MAL now too?
HA! I'm not alone. Character dump isnt always a good thing.
 
Jul 24, 2012 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
sarroush said:
It just shows that the adaptation was weak, nothing more, Straw..


If you can actually show me a study about "number of characters correlations to a success of a story" then it's your win, if not and it's just your personal opinion, which is nothing of value other than to yourself.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jul 24, 2012 6:16 PM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
kaimax said:
sarroush said:
It just shows that the adaptation was weak, nothing more, Straw..


If you can actually show me a study about "number of characters correlations to a success of a story" then it's your win, if not and it's just your personal opinion, which is nothing of value other than to yourself.


Yes, because people actually do scientific studies for things like this.

There is nothing to win or lose. I'm stating my opinion just as you are. More characters when the old ones didn't even get 1% of characterization weakens the story. And I already downplayed your comparison to DB & OP, so your point became moot in that angle.

Horizon has a weaker story than it should due to the fact that the original media for it has a countless amount of volumes and it lacks much needed character development.

If you like a story that contains barely any characterization, then enjoy. Nothing wrong with that. However, some of us actually like caring for characters because it adds to the enjoyment of watching the anime. When characters don't develop and are flat, 1 dimensional, you don't care for them. So adding to these underdeveloped characters, even more underdeveloped characters is beyond silly, and is not something to be excited by.

You thinking otherwise is YOUR opinion. Therefore I'll kindly repeat your words. This is your opinion, which has nothing of value but to yourself. End of story.
 
Jul 24, 2012 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 52
sarroush said:


Horizon has a weaker story than it should due to the fact that the original media for it has a countless amount of volumes and it lacks much needed character development.

If you like a story that contains barely any characterization, then enjoy. Nothing wrong with that. However, some of us actually like caring for characters because it adds to the enjoyment of watching the anime. When characters don't develop and are flat, 1 dimensional, you don't care for them. So adding to these underdeveloped characters, even more underdeveloped characters is beyond silly, and is not something to be excited by.


Gotta agree here.

Horizon has potential. I won't deny that. A massive cast isn't always a bad thing. But come on. When you don't care about most of them (or cant remember their names) it ruins much of what the anime could have been.

This type of series needs to flesh out its cast before adding another massive number of people. It would be a much more enjoyable series in that sense.

You could argue that Tori and Horizon have the needed development because they are the "mains", but that doesn't justify NOT developing the others. Specially given they are in nearly every episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 24, 2012 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
sarroush said:
kaimax said:
sarroush said:
It just shows that the adaptation was weak, nothing more, Straw..


If you can actually show me a study about "number of characters correlations to a success of a story" then it's your win, if not and it's just your personal opinion, which is nothing of value other than to yourself.


Yes, because people actually do scientific studies for things like this.
.


So bring it here, don't just spout your opinions again.

And I've already said from the front that it depends on each subjective.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jul 24, 2012 6:59 PM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
kaimax said:

So bring it here, don't just spout your opinions again.


/unabletonoticesarcasm.

I'm sorry, did my opinion offend you because it's not the equivalent of yours? Or are you blinded because you gave it a 10?

I will "spout" my opinion however I see fit. Why? Because yours is an opinion as well. Grow up. Someone will see flaws in something you deem a "masterpiece".
 
Jul 24, 2012 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
sarroush said:
Someone will see flaws in something you deem a "masterpiece".


Never said it was a masterpiece, are you blind or something?

Let me repeat my first post
"The number of characters is irrelevant to the quality of the story, there's even some "smaller casted" stories that's not even successful."
I never did say It was good or bad, I just said like the above sentence.

You know another thing that has massive characters and successful? Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I'll assume you're going to say that I' m wrong so:
Care to explain what makes RoTK different that Horizon?

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jul 24, 2012 7:12 PM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
kaimax said:

You gave it 10. Close enough.

You are implying that Horizon having a massive cast isn't a bad thing and it doesn't ruin the quality of the story. Which, for the record is your opinion.

You are seriously comparing RoTK to Horizon?
RoTK for one has more than a single form of media, and is a historical novel. The characters have already been fleshed out because they were REAL. And if we're also going to add in the anime for RoTK, it's longer than Horizon's. Which gives more chances to develop the characters and add to the story.

Comparing Umineko no Naku Koro ni to Horizon is a better comparison. Ignoring Umineko's Sound Novels and just concentrating on the first season, it has more than a cast of 20. It has a compelling story, and doesn't miss out on characterization. On that point, AngryDevil is right that a massive cast doesn't always mean a bad thing, why? Because Umineko utilizes its cast and actually has you feel something for them, while adding to the story. This is something that Horizon unfortunately lacks for the most part.
Modified by sarroush, Jul 24, 2012 10:11 PM
 
Jul 24, 2012 7:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 52
Comparing Romance of the Three Kingdoms to Horizon doesn't make much sense aside from character size. It's like comparing Skyrim to Dragon's Dogma. Both have a bunch of characters, however one's story and development is clearly stronger than the other's. Which is which? Take your pick.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 25, 2012 4:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 324
sarroush said:

Horizon has a weaker story than it should due to the fact that the original media for it has a countless amount of volumes and it lacks much needed character development.

If you like a story that contains barely any characterization, then enjoy. Nothing wrong with that. However, some of us actually like caring for characters because it adds to the enjoyment of watching the anime. When characters don't develop and are flat, 1 dimensional, you don't care for them. So adding to these underdeveloped characters, even more underdeveloped characters is beyond silly, and is not something to be excited by.

I actually agree with the first part. A little.

For the second part, I can't stop laughing. *looks at favourite characters* Dem hot characters with big boobies.
sarroush said:

You still can't compare it. 13 episodes cannot compare to a full blown 100+ episode series, no matter how many pages it took from the novel. It just shows that the adaptation was weak, nothing more, Straw.

You're tormenting me on MAL now too?

Comparing Horizon to your average Shounen was an insult for Horizon in the first place >:l

I can't stop following the erotic scent of your beautiful body.
 
Jul 25, 2012 5:03 AM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
LordStraw said:


I actually agree with the first part. A little.

For the second part, I can't stop laughing. *looks at favourite characters* Dem hot characters with big boobies.


ALL of them aside from Mei (who has the first but not the 2nd, because she hasn't been shown enough yet) have advanced personalities and are actually very developed. So honestly? You have NO idea what you're talking about. Big boobs doesn't mean anything and it never has.
Modified by sarroush, Jul 25, 2012 5:18 AM
 
Jul 25, 2012 8:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2214
Not bad
 
Top