Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Steel Troops have always been my favorite of Doraemon Long Story... and I was so happy when I heard they're going to re-animate this story...

Today, I finally get to watch it, I almost cried tears of Nostalgia...

Very different from the original manga. Riruru and Judo having their own backstory... Nice touch to it...

Both song in the movies are very good, definitely among the best of Doraemon's soundtrack.

And wow... Both of them turn into angels... Pippo did turn into a much beautiful bird. T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2013 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
The scene where Pippo started crying made me blubbered like a baby. Love this movie, and also love that they added Pippo in this version.
"Eat till you explode,
Play till you drop,
Whatever reason it is, just live live live!"
Mar 8, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2012
Great animation and story. And, I agree, the soundtrack is really amazing. Shizuka Minamoto looked really cute in this version.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Mar 16, 2013 12:59 PM

Mar 2009
Most epic remake i've ever seen.
I love the animation and soundtrack. Gonna rewatch it this summer ^^
Jun 29, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2011
Why was Pippo necessary? Ririru already fulfilled the role of an envoy from the robots, and yet...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 23, 2016 7:44 PM
Jan 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Why was Pippo necessary? Ririru already fulfilled the role of an envoy from the robots, and yet...

Dramatic effect obviously, but this is one of rare few occasion that arguably works.

Definitely liking this adaptation.
Feb 25, 2016 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
dex_dash said:
GodlyKyon said:

Dramatic effect obviously, but this is one of rare few occasion that arguably works.

I guess I better check it out?
Feb 25, 2016 10:39 PM
Jan 2013
GodlyKyon said:
dex_dash said:

Didn't know until recently they added quote notification

At least for me it's working, double drama and recapture of original feeling is good. One of the best remake~
Feb 26, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
dex_dash said:
GodlyKyon said:

Didn't know until recently they added quote notification

At least for me it's working, double drama and recapture of original feeling is good. One of the best remake~

Me neither. This was something they should've had for a LONG time IMO. Otherwise there is no point in discussion on the forums, especially the episode discussions. Just rants.

Alright I'll check it out. I definitely liked the original when I was a kid. The Doraemon movies were all really good for some reason.
Feb 28, 2016 6:38 AM
May 2015
I watched this some years ago. I have never watched the original one but this one was my fav doraemon movie among all that I had watched. Really good for the age group its targeted at.
Dec 8, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2015
I've read the manga countless times, and didn't watch the original movie (1986), but I'm really enjoying this remake. And it pretty interesting where they add Pippo as new character while discarding Micros tho.
Aug 24, 2020 3:25 PM
Aug 2020
I watched the movie 9 years ago and completely felt in love with the movie and song! I used to sing it all day at school in mind without even knowing the lyrics. This song makes me remember of my childhood when there was no pain but only cartoons and imagining things. It's not just about a movie or a song. It gave me an emotion which I will carry for the rest of my life.
Dec 26, 2020 3:36 AM

May 2020
this movie was so good! I cried
Mar 20, 2021 11:33 PM
Dec 2020
Finale made me cry my ass off T_T. Never expected it to surpass the original tbh, and goddamn the soundtrack!!+
Aug 31, 2021 4:13 AM
Dec 2019
It's my childhood movie and really close to my heart.
A absolute masterpiece for me.
Jan 22, 2022 6:10 AM

Jan 2022
Well, never watched the original but read its manga in daichouhen doraemon, and i really have to say that the way to perfect a remake when you change things from original. It's been 10 yrs and still can't feel right to say this movie as a kids title, since the plot was dark and the action was explicit making it almost a really good shounen mecha anime movie. Really in my favorites.
EDIT: Yeah, and never forget the soundtracks and my favorite insert song was in it. Also, it was like one of the most perfect dub i ever watched, it was hindi dub though.
Just go and read I'm in Love with the Villainess LN.
May 11, 2022 4:42 AM

Jul 2021
It was 100/5 subjectively for me
Life sucks
Sep 22, 2022 2:18 AM
Jan 2021
This is the only anime movie I watched with my whole class. I was then in 4th or 5th standard.Now I love those good old days, our class had a smart board screen on which we used to see some movies to pass time in free periods and luckily it contained this movie
Jun 11, 2023 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
This was great like all Doraemon movies but I am unable to see why this one is specifically rated so highly
Jul 4, 2023 4:22 AM

Mar 2022
For a kids movie, this was very deep... I feel like I had watched this when I was 4-5 years old, it may have been another Doraemon movie though
Mar 8, 1:35 AM

Jul 2021
just as good as the first time which i watched when i was a child. wasn't completely a kid movie, adults can fully enjoy it too. always watched it in SD quality on tv during childhood, this time watched the BD version, it was great. the animation and soundtrack is also pretty solid. the songs especially.

10/10 (yes i'm biased cuz nostalgia).

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.