Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (201) « First ... « 187 188 [189] 190 191 » ... Last »
 
Poll: Which MAL Signature do you like the most?


Jan 24, 2010 12:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 150
PresSiT said:
Immortals killed the chibi revolution. They forced me to go Baccano! D:
I used a stock render and logo. Made the texture, brushes and the torn-edge eraser myself, applied them, and finally overlayed some filters. Its better viewed on normal MAL.


Short revolution XD
nice sig
 
Jan 24, 2010 5:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 421
CharisMagic said:
poketonip said:
No one commented on mine, so... please.
Oh, sorry. >.>

It's really cute (cause Kimi ni Todoke is ;]) but I think the glow around the edges is a little too harsh. >.<

And also maybe something to make updates stand out a little more?

PresSiT said:
@poketonip: No one just got around to. I usually do 'batch comments', rather than spamming the thread with individual ones. :]

Great choice of picture! Here's some suggestions for your sig:
- Make it small, cute and subtle to fit the picture theme. You can try cropping the image to show less background, focusing on Shouta and Sawako. That would give you a smaller image. Then round the edges and feather them for the subtle feel.
- Move the updates to the white part at the bottom, make it a then make a bracket for em so they don't feel like a random addition.
Hope thats enough. :O

@Charis: Love the texture and feel. How did you make those crumple lines at the edges? o_O
Thanks, and I did feel the edges were a bit undefined there. The thing is my LCD screen slightly changes colors based on the angle you look at them. It didn't look so undefined, but now I know it is. :P
 
Jan 24, 2010 5:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Luppi said:

@Android17: Well I must say the previous font was better, don't know what everyone had against it, this one looks more plain than the other one. XD


The old font looked less plain indeed but this one is more readable then the old one so thats why i changed it to this one


PresSiT said:
Immortals killed the chibi revolution. They forced me to go Baccano! D:
I used a stock render and logo. Made the texture, brushes and the torn-edge eraser myself, applied them, and finally overlayed some filters. Its better viewed on normal MAL.



I think it looks better on night mal then on the nromal one.
 
Jan 24, 2010 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
Just updated mine. (probably the avatar is still not updated)

It`s realy simple, I mean I didn`t do anything on the picture itself coz it was really nice as it was. Didn`t have any original ideas for the layout so I made it picture up and the update down.

I like my previous one more, but it was really bad cut in night mal xP
 
Jan 24, 2010 7:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6187
Luppi said:

@SnG: Nice girl, otherwise looks like every sig of yours just in another color. XD


Indeed. D: Gotta find that thing called Inspiration soon. DX
.
 
Jan 24, 2010 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1127
Anything will do. Experiment with shapes, objects and whatnot. Or start with a render and let inspiration come. :)
 
Jan 24, 2010 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1587
@Android17: I think the other font was really good readable, there are far bader ones.
@BoomStick: Good thing to see you with a new design, I also like the picture, uhm and how did you do the updates field, with a brush? :3
@CharisMagic: Quite chilling and relaxing atmosphere that your sig has. <3
@PresSiT: I really like this one, looks far better than your previous one.
 
Jan 24, 2010 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1755
Mmmm lots of pretty new sets. *-* I especially love Charis & Pressy's.
@ poketonip: I don't know why, but I feel like the whole sig should be smaller. ._. maybe cause the quality looks like it's basically a screenshot, which I'm assuming it is. Or maybe that's just because it's a jpg.
@ Boomstick: sexy. *-*
Luppi said:
@BoomStick: Good thing to see you with a new design, I also like the picture, uhm and how did you do the updates field, with a brush? :3
Mmm I'd imagine it could be made using the basic circle brush with the outer glow layer style, and just a rounded rectangle for the middle. And I think I see a few tiny text brushes as well.

sighhh I want to make a new set but I think my PS obsession is just... over. Or close to.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
 
Jan 24, 2010 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 27
@kyrori - You might want to fix this:
http://i45.tinypic.com/21144uw.jpg

Not everyone has a newer LCD Monitor, so they can't display pages that are 1440x900 or greater. To fix it you might want to make the margins a percentage or align the page to the right all together.
Modified by Kraust, Jan 24, 2010 12:15 PM
 
Jan 24, 2010 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 421
kyrori said:
@ poketonip: I don't know why, but I feel like the whole sig should be smaller. ._. maybe cause the quality looks like it's basically a screenshot, which I'm assuming it is. Or maybe that's just because it's a jpg.
The quality - or the effect - is on purpose, so it looks like a dream. But I'll see if it looks better smaller. Thanks!

Btw, I think it's a screenshot. I found it on photobucket (and stealed it >:D).
 
Jan 24, 2010 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1755
Kraust said:
@kyrori - You might want to fix this:
http://i45.tinypic.com/21144uw.jpg

Not everyone has a newer LCD Monitor, so they can't display pages that are 1440x900 or greater. To fix it you might want to make the margins a percentage or align the page to the right all together.
Yeah I know about that. I dislike CSS so I cba to fix it. >.>
poketonip said:
kyrori said:
@ poketonip: I don't know why, but I feel like the whole sig should be smaller. ._. maybe cause the quality looks like it's basically a screenshot, which I'm assuming it is. Or maybe that's just because it's a jpg.
The quality - or the effect - is on purpose, so it looks like a dream. But I'll see if it looks better smaller. Thanks!

Btw, I think it's a screenshot. I found it on photobucket (and stealed it >:D).
Ahaha, it just might be my preference for smaller sigs. I was just about to say to do rounded corners until I saw Pressy's comment which basically was what I wanted to say, haha.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
 
Jan 24, 2010 3:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 663
Nice new sets everyone! Pressy, the border of your sig is awesome :D :D
and Boomstick, nice sig, but I liked your old one better ^^ but I like the placement of this new sig's updates.
@ poketonip: hmm...I don't know why, but that date/time update part is bothering me...maybe try using only the title?
SnG said:

Gotta find that thing called Inspiration soon. DX

Same here.....D: I want need a new sig, and I've been searching zerochan for pics for about an hour, but so far no luck D: D:

KokoroChan: Nobody will beat our SuperAwesomeAsianNinjaSkillzzz (S.A.A.N.S.)!!!!!! l P h o t o s h o p G a l l e r y l
 
Jan 24, 2010 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6187
.. Found that bitch thing called Inspiration.

Therefore, Mukuro Rokudo appears.. What do ya think, peepz? :D
.
 
Jan 24, 2010 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
Well I made mine a couple of days ago. Please comment =)
 
Jan 24, 2010 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 512
I think this was like the first signature I've ever used at MAL XD Like, 2349028039434 years ago.
Too lazy to make a new one *o* so I'm recycling LOL.



 
Jan 24, 2010 6:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 421
@SnG I like it! I just think the shadow should be a little lighter.
@Davyu Cool. The only problem I see is the images' resolution. Everything's a little blurry.
@lovescream I do love your sig. I just don't love the "My Recently Watched Anime" title there, but since you made this a long time ago, you probably don't have the photoshop file anymore, so changing it would be a pain in the oompa-loompa.

Gee, I always complain. It's for your sake, guys!
 
Jan 24, 2010 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
poketonip said:
@Davyu Cool. The only problem I see is the images' resolution. Everything's a little


Hm thanks, I think the image to the left is the only problem though..or does the background and the other image need some fixing as well?
 
Jan 24, 2010 7:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 421
Davyu said:
poketonip said:
@Davyu Cool. The only problem I see is the images' resolution. Everything's a little


Hm thanks, I think the image to the left is the only problem though..or does the background and the other image need some fixing as well?
Honestly, they do. But If you get a new one in perfect resolution to replace the one on the left, the others will look as pieces of that person's (on the left) mind, so being a little blurry isn't an issue for those on the right.

Just make sure you get a really nice one for the left!
 
Jan 24, 2010 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
Ok thanks again =)
 
Jan 25, 2010 3:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1127
Thanks for the comments guys ;]

@Davyu: Love the way your sig blends. The colours look really warm on night MAL!
@SnG: Finally found your bitch inspiration eh?! She looks great!~ (Ignores mukuro being a gay guy) >.>
Modified by PRESSit, Jan 25, 2010 5:59 AM
 
Jan 25, 2010 5:31 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 691
Thanks for the comments ^^

And SnG I think you change your siggy a bit too oftenly?.. Maybe wait for a while and your bitch inspiration would come following you before you start searching it for yourself maybe :D

Also ^ YAY for the baccano sig, above
 
Jan 25, 2010 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
kyrori said:

Luppi said:
@BoomStick: Good thing to see you with a new design, I also like the picture, uhm and how did you do the updates field, with a brush? :3
Mmm I'd imagine it could be made using the basic circle brush with the outer glow layer style, and just a rounded rectangle for the middle. And I think I see a few tiny text brushes as well.


yah~ I like playing with basic stuffies :3 sometimes come out good~ and uhm for the middle part I used a shape :o but yeah the circles are basic brushes with glow x3

Susurrous said:

and Boomstick, nice sig, but I liked your old one better ^^ but I like the placement of this new sig's updates.


yah I like my other one better too xD I`ll probably play a bit again with it, by using the same picture but making it in another shape, coz I feel this one as boring o_-

@SnG- Luv it *-* Really like the shape that you made it in~
@lovescream-love the colours <3
 
Jan 25, 2010 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6187
DarkFlash said:
And SnG I think you change your siggy a bit too oftenly?.. Maybe wait for a while and your bitch inspiration would come following you before you start searching it for yourself maybe :D


LOL. Nah, she's fine bitch maiden. She would end up somewhere drinking tea rather then chase after me. xD

@ Everybody:
Thanks. :D

@ poketonip:
Well it is shadow after all. It's supposed to be dark, right?
.
 
Jan 25, 2010 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1587
Updated my sig, its Zazie Rainyday from Mahou Sensei Negima. :D

Here is how the ava and sig looks in Night MAL:



@SnG: The sig is great, but the ava's quality somehow is bad. o.o
@lovescream: Nice pic. <3
Modified by Luppi, Jan 25, 2010 1:31 PM
 
Jan 25, 2010 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6187
Is ava really bad? D: But it's the same as signature.. Same quality png everything. D:
.
 
Jan 25, 2010 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1587
Yeah somehow Mukuro looks quite blurry in the pic, don't know why, maybe because of the scanlines?
 
Jan 25, 2010 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6187
Luppi said:
Yeah somehow Mukuro looks quite blurry in the pic, don't know why, maybe because of the scanlines?


Oh, maybe.. Ah, I'll remake it once.. when I get some time. xD
.
 
Jan 25, 2010 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1587
Sure, so anything to say about my sig, I think its not that good? XD
 
Jan 25, 2010 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
PresSiT said:

@Davyu: Love the way your sig blends. The colours look really warm on night MAL!

Thanks =), you see anything I need to improve on other than the resolution of person on the left?
 
Jan 25, 2010 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6187
Luppi said:
Sure, so anything to say about my sig, I think its not that good? XD


I like it. It is pretty simple, which is a bonus to me. xD

Is the background transparent? aka How it looks in Dark MAL?
.
 
Jan 25, 2010 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2172
@ Luppi
I don't like the glow, and since the left part is a bit cut off, you should align it to the left, not to do right. And you should make the colors more radiant with either adjustmen layer or with this method: set image to Lab Color > go to channels > select channel a, but make all other visible too > change the contrast o channel a > do the same with b channel
 
Jan 25, 2010 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1981
*thread fix post*
 
Jan 25, 2010 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1981
agreed with suni, the glow cuts off on the left, so either re-do the glow or allign it left. it's probably not noticeable on normal MAL, but shows up on night MAL
 
Jan 25, 2010 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
Hey guys if I can't find a better res image..is there anything I can do to make the res better?
 
Jan 25, 2010 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2172
@ Davyu
You could clean the image with Neat Image, and shaprben the whole thing, and add some contrast to it... But to be honest, making a new sig takes much more less time.
 
Jan 26, 2010 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
@Lupppi- I like the art of the picture <3 the design I guess looks better on day mal, but on night mal looks good as wel ;3 I think would be little bit better if it had glow on the down and upper part of it, like the way to has on the left and right :O Won`t make it look cut and all o.o and also round a bit the line that is behind her on the left side as it is on the right side :3
but in total I like it <3

Updated mine again. Couldn`t stay with the other one >.>
Still my immagination is stuck, but I like it more (reminds me of my sig with Len <3)
Any suggestion for the update part? coz I kinda don`t like the colours and I`m really bad at choosing ones. :I
I guess is more of a day mal sig also o_o

avatar that goes with the sig
Modified by Shinshoku, Jan 26, 2010 3:19 AM
 
Jan 26, 2010 5:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1626
@Boomstick: Oho, that one's pretty cool :o
 
Jan 26, 2010 5:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1127
@Davyu: The updates portion and heading might need to be moved down a bit, but then that might require too much work. Try working with blurs and glows to make the poor resolution less obvious.
@Luppi: It doesn't really good imho. The font isn't really suitable, and I feel you should actually design the sig instead of simply using the base image or render. Also, the glow opacity is set too high, which makes her look badly rendered.
Edit: I checked it out on normal MAL, and it looks pretty good there. :] Dark MAL is still a big nono though. :S Might just be my opinion, cause i think you need to put some of your own work into your sig at least.
@Boomstick: Inspiration or not, it still looks damn good :) How bout light, airy shades of pink?
Modified by PRESSit, Jan 26, 2010 5:21 AM
 
Jan 26, 2010 5:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 421
Awesome, Boomstick.
 
Jan 26, 2010 11:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5547
@ Boomstick - I liked your previous a lot, but I like this one more. Very pretty and clean. :)
 
Jan 26, 2010 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1587
@BoomStick: Mmh don't like that the girl is so see through, but otherwise its good. :D

Made a new one, don't know I just liked the girl. :/
 
Jan 26, 2010 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 421
Luppi said:
@BoomStick: Mmh don't like that the girl is so see through, but otherwise its good. :D

Made a new one, don't know I just liked the girl. :/
Princess of Persia, lol!
But it's awesome!
 
Jan 26, 2010 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
Thank you all ^^

PresSiT said:

@Boomstick: Inspiration or not, it still looks damn good :) How bout light, airy shades of pink?


:O! I`m gonna try that >w< thanks~
also gonna work again a bit on the shape of it coz I kinda` dun feel well with the circle o___O and fix the border omg o_O just saw that I cut it on the left side >.>

@Luppi-yah I like the girl as well o_o it`s a nice sig tho :>
 
Jan 26, 2010 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 486
Okay, finnaly I updated my signature.
BIG tnx to saka for the php code and all his advices!

Relunx
 
Jan 26, 2010 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1587
Uhm I can't see it. o___o

@BoomStick and poketonip: Thank you very much, any idea out of which part of her I should make the ava? :3
 
Jan 26, 2010 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4069
@Relunx: epic sig is epic.... but dont look now... part of her head is missing.... D:

@Luppi: also epic, though you might want to play with some border styles

@Boomstick: smexy glass is smexy
Modified by saka, Jan 26, 2010 1:25 PM

I am a banana.
 
Jan 26, 2010 3:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
=3
@Relunx-Air Gear ftw <3333 it`s a awesome design really, no more to say <3
Modified by Shinshoku, Jan 26, 2010 3:15 PM
 
Jan 27, 2010 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1381
@BoomStick: awesome sig BD glass style FTW <3
i just realize it's shinobu O.o

@Relunx: nice air gear sig :D i like how the updates like that, good job making it ;Db
 
Jan 27, 2010 1:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 730
@Boomstick
I liek your siggy :3

suzuka_pew said:
glass style FTW <3
 
Jan 27, 2010 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1587
Relunx: Nice design, but there are too much images in the sig and I personally don't like the color of the sig. :/
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (201) « First ... « 187 188 [189] 190 191 » ... Last »