Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2012 1:00 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay episode, not sure what the purpose was? Just to see Madoka jealous?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 5, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2010
To show how Kyosuke is like a virginal Makoto Itou.
Oct 2, 2014 9:04 AM
Sep 2014
I didn't dislike the episode: it just felt bland.
Did we really need to have an episode like this, which does nothing to advance the story, just to remember how Kyosuke is a nigh improbable magnet to girls, whether he wants it or not?
Apr 5, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
It's a good thing that girl explained to Madoka that nothing really happened, or else she would've likely never spoke to Kyosuke again.

Sep 1, 2016 6:03 AM
Dec 2014
Ha finally a new OP! I was getting seizures. It gives of an Aha vibe, remember that "Take on me" videoclip?

As for this ep: "See that mountain? You can climb it"
Oct 30, 2017 10:23 AM
Nov 2015
I'm gonna let this slide, because guys at my junior high school did this, you know, when a boy and a girl are alone.

But I don't like when they pulled a girl out of nowhere, and the purpose was not as much exploring her psychology when faced with death, as getting the viewers turned on, pushing some buttons and extracting some lame drama.

Anyway, nice to see the city back next episode.

Do guys often behave that way, getting excited n horny when alone with a girl, even if he has someone else in his heart?
Nov 5, 2017 4:39 AM

Mar 2014
I really liked the complexity of the new girl's motives.
It was an interesting clash between Kyosuke, her, and Ayukawa.

I also felt like this really showcased just how reserved Kyosuke is. Even when a girl is begging him, he still stands by his morals.
Seeing the preview last episode, I assumed this episode would make me think Kyosuke was a HUUUUGE asshole, running off with this other girl like that... but it's actually given me a newfound respect for him.

Sean_Nessman said:
Do guys often behave that way, getting excited n horny when alone with a girl, even if he has someone else in his heart?

Yeah. From my experience a lot of guys can't help focusing on the physical side of things, even if they know they don't actually like the person emotionally. Plenty of guys seem to separate the two, especially when they're younger, but also potentially when they're older.

I assume some women think this way, too.

It's why people cheat on each other, even if they still love the person they're seeing, there's a certain allure to having some more variety when it comes to physical things.

Kyosuke might not be above thinking those kinds of things, but he's at least shy/moral enough not to act upon it, which makes sense for a kid his age. Honestly, the way this is written seems pretty realistic to me.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 30, 2020 5:10 PM

May 2016
Kyoske sure enjoys his youth.

vigorousjammer said:

Kyosuke might not be above thinking those kinds of things, but he's at least shy/moral enough not to act upon it, which makes sense for a kid his age. Honestly, the way this is written seems pretty realistic to me.

I competently agree with the user above.
Aug 26, 2021 10:42 PM
Aug 2021
Kyosuke got off easy with Madoka. He's lucky she didn't beat him up like the tennis captain in the last episode. This is one of my last favorite episodes. If he has high morals, then why did he deny having a girlfriend in the beginning (technically he has two, right)? He's thinking with the wrong head.
Jan 16, 2022 11:28 PM

Jan 2018
I'm waiting for the day Madoka beats the ever living shit out of Komatsu and Hatta.

So the tennis camp isn't over? This was a fun episode with the new girl looking like Madoka and also her encounter being similar to Madoka and Kyosuke in the first episode. I thought the girl had a dead boyfriend or something like the surfing episode.
I kind of wish the preview didn't spoil the contents of the episode.

Looks like next episode is going to be even more fun.
Jan 22, 4:33 PM

Jul 2023
It was a hot situation Kyōsuke found himself in. The first few moments meeting Oda reminds him of first meeting Ayukawa, and that he thinks the same is confirmed by the flashback.

Even though I love how Hikari calls him darling, I kinda wish Oda would replace Hikaru. She felt like a better rival to Madoka, so I'm sad she is one and done.

But it looks like people like her, who might trigger Madoka's jealousy, will be forthcoming in future episodes. The preview to the next episode attests to this.

Speaking of jealousy, I am reminded that it's said to be that Madoka's characterisation is the root of the tsundere archetype, which for a long time I used to think to be Asuka.

Well, she does seem one, but it's different. She rarely slaps and abuses Kyōsuke. So far, she only slapped him twice; in the first episode and in this.

She is cool but more like introverted and doesn't express her feelings.

Most tsundere I know follow the template of Asuka, who either verbally insults the guy (as in Senjougahara) or physically abuses him (as in Taiga) as a form of comedy.
patkarununganJan 22, 4:42 PM
Mar 30, 8:49 PM

Jan 2021
I didn't understand the girl's motives at all. So she was getting a surgery and ... what? Why did that involve him? Why was she crying? What did she even want him to do about it? None of this made any sense to me. All it comes down to is MC is again a major idiot. She asks him if he's seeing anyone which a) he is, yet he says no, and even if he believed that was true then b) he still has his sights set on someone and shouldn't be going off with a new random girl. I'll say it again, this MC makes the dumbest choices possible and makes it really hard to want to root for him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 23, 2009

38 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 47 Discussion

21 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 46 Discussion

9 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 45 Discussion

16 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 44 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 22, 2009

13 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.