Forum Settings
Forums

Hyouka Episode 11.5 to be Pre-aired on USTREAM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
May 11, 2012 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 357
According to the official website, the OVA of Hyouka will be pre-aired on the official USTREAM channel on July 7th, 2012 at 24:00 Tokyo Time (stand-by at 23:50). This is the same OVA that was previously announced to be an OAD bundled with the 3rd volume of the manga planned to be released on January 13th, 2013.

Synopsis: Episode 11.5 "Motsubeki Mono wa" (Something You Should Have)
This story takes place between the 11th and 12th episodes of what you would call the main story.
An accident occurs at the public pool!? Eru, Mayaka, and the Kotenbu members run around the pool in swimsuits!?

Staff:
Plot: Honobu Yonezawa
Script: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Storyboard/Producer: Oota Rika (K-On!)
Art Director: Yukiko Horiguchi

Source: Official Website (Japanese), Kotenbu USTREAM (Japanese)

Please note, all translations made in this article are temporary and may be subjected to revision based on official updates.
Modified by myanimelistllc, May 1, 2016 8:43 AM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/5040721
I'm Japanese, so if you have any questions regarding Japan, feel free to ask.
アメリカ育ちなので、なんか英語に関して質問があれば気軽にどうぞ。
 
#2
May 11, 2012 6:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5431
I'm so going to watch this.

Pre-airing in July when it's going to be released in January 2013 is pretty damn early but good for us anyway.
 
#3
May 11, 2012 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4652
jmal said:
But I'll end up watching it anyway. Sigh.


Same here.

 
#4
May 11, 2012 6:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 30172
i do not watch Hyouka but ill see this swimsuit episode lol
 
#5
May 11, 2012 6:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2364
so will this be part of the regular episode count or will it have its own page than?


 
#6
May 11, 2012 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 201
Meh, just sounds like a pointless episode. Which is indeed smart that they're streaming it early since by the time they usually release pointless episodes like these, no one cares in the least.
 
#7
May 11, 2012 7:38 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5149
supermegasonic said:
so will this be part of the regular episode count or will it have its own page than?


It's already got it's own page.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/13469/Hyouka_(OVA)
 
#8
May 11, 2012 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5164
>Eru and Mayaka in swimsuits
All the reason I need to watch this.
 
#9
May 11, 2012 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2019
I'll wait until its HD, I'm in no rush.

 
May 11, 2012 8:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 690
Of course, swimsuit episode. How didn’t I see this deep plot device coming?

Anyway, while I have no real interest in this OVA, I’ll end up watching it.

And for a pretty show like Hyouka, I’d rather wait than grab the stream.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
 
May 11, 2012 9:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2719
Awesome. I love swimsuit eps <3

Be glad it's not airing WITH the actual show. That way you're not forced to watch it.

AKA, don't complain about it.
 
May 11, 2012 9:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 53
Swimsuit Episode? yay!!! 0_0
 
May 11, 2012 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1133
RyanSaotome said:
I'll wait until its HD, I'm in no rush.
Me too, it's just a swimsuit ep anyway.
 
May 11, 2012 10:01 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 22976
That's nice~
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
May 11, 2012 10:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 300
Swimsuit episode? Cool I guess. Well I have been enjoying the show so I'll watch this.
 
May 11, 2012 10:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1129
A fanservice episode sounds a lot more interesting than what I've seen so far with this show.

If KyoAni's goal was to make people go to sleep, I think they've exceeded those goals.
Ok™
 
May 11, 2012 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 318
Hope the anime keeps getting better, because so far it's not all that great


"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
 
May 11, 2012 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3335
i will watch it when i start watch the whole serie
 
May 11, 2012 2:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 384
That was a bit unexpected to be pre-aired on Ustream.
 
May 11, 2012 2:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
ap19 said:
Episode 11.5 "Motsubeki Mono wa" (You Should Have)

Anisamar said:
Of course, swimsuit episode. How didn’t I see this deep plot device coming?


(You Should Have) seen it coming ;)
 
May 11, 2012 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2944
As long as the guys were swimsuits as well I'm fine with this.
 
May 11, 2012 6:59 PM
 
May 11, 2012 8:25 PM
Review Moderator
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4005
Hyouka deserves better than to be aired in shit tier quality, so I don't know if I'll be watching.
 
May 11, 2012 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
DEFINITELY WATCH!!
 
May 12, 2012 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 351
Will wait for HD for Chitanda's glorious High Quality breasts.
No.
 
May 12, 2012 1:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2851
not really impressed with this show so far so I dunno.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
May 12, 2012 4:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
going to wait until the HD version, tbh :I Hyouka isn't really a priority watch to me anyway
be my baby
 
May 12, 2012 6:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 667
good news ! ))
 
May 12, 2012 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2339
Oh hey, they put the obligatory pool episode in an extra; I don't have to feel bad about not watching it.

Hopefully more shows follow suit, and do similar for the beach and hot spring episodes.

 
May 14, 2012 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 138
So, the OVA will take place between the episode 11 and 12, that means we will lose some details between that episodes or it just nothing important.

Whatever I will watch this though
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

 
May 15, 2012 8:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 366
Of course, the mandatory pool episode in like every high school anime, haha.
 
Jun 7, 2012 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1538
Sounds like a fanservice episode......*thinks about Chitanda*......I'll be watching it.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

 
Jun 7, 2012 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1384
So what time would that be in US EST terms?
 
Jul 2, 2012 1:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 283
they literally said it was going to be a fanservice episode.
xD
TOTALLY WATCHING IT FOR OOOORREEEEKIIIIIII~!!!
 
Jul 5, 2012 3:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Modified by -OJ-, Jul 5, 2012 9:57 AM
 
Jul 7, 2012 2:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 41
So are they going to sub this immediately or are we going to have to wait till 2013?
 
Jul 21, 2012 4:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Sarukah said:
Meh, just sounds like a pointless episode. Which is indeed smart that they're streaming it early since by the time they usually release pointless episodes like these, no one cares in the least.


Exactly what I thought...and I was wrong.

It's a surprisingly important episode. Houtarou ends up really depressed at the end episode 11 but episode 12 begins as if nothing happened (with his sister back). 11.5 fills important holes.
 
Jul 21, 2012 5:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2127
shinkas said:
Sarukah said:
Meh, just sounds like a pointless episode. Which is indeed smart that they're streaming it early since by the time they usually release pointless episodes like these, no one cares in the least.


Exactly what I thought...and I was wrong.

It's a surprisingly important episode. Houtarou ends up really depressed at the end episode 11 but episode 12 begins as if nothing happened (with his sister back). 11.5 fills important holes.

I was surprised too. But it came at a price though. (Eye-cancer takes time to heal)
 
Aug 17, 2012 9:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
When is the episode Blueray 11.5 ?
 
Aug 17, 2012 10:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2719
KB-LiFe-LoVeR said:
When is the episode Blueray 11.5 ?
Probably around december?

There's only 2 volumes out, each with 2 eps. Assuming one volume per month, around december sounds about right.
 
Aug 17, 2012 10:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Yvese said:
KB-LiFe-LoVeR said:
When is the episode Blueray 11.5 ?
Probably around december?

There's only 2 volumes out, each with 2 eps. Assuming one volume per month, around december sounds about right.


I have seen this has released two so far
A great deal
Eager to watch the episode 11.5
But quality is not very bad fit
"Sorry mistake rather than respond to you on the subject sent a message to you"
 
Aug 17, 2012 11:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
jmal said:
Yvese said:
KB-LiFe-LoVeR said:
When is the episode Blueray 11.5?
Probably around december?
There's only 2 volumes out, each with 2 eps. Assuming one volume per month, around december sounds about right.

It comes out with the third volume of the manga adaptation, which comes out January 12, 2013.

Thank you
I stayed for a long wait
Eager to watch the episode 11.5
 
Aug 17, 2012 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2719
jmal said:
Yvese said:
KB-LiFe-LoVeR said:
When is the episode Blueray 11.5?
Probably around december?
There's only 2 volumes out, each with 2 eps. Assuming one volume per month, around december sounds about right.

It comes out with the third volume of the manga adaptation, which comes out January 12, 2013.
I stand corrected then :P
 
Apr 9, 2013 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 414
this ep was pointless too >.>

when did this come out after ep 22? curious*
 
Apr 9, 2013 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 414
jmal said:
ss4chris said:
when did this come out after ep 22? curious*

With the manga, in January.


and the anime ended in sept of last year..

sooo any chance for another ova but future that goes into vol 5 or ties up realtionship holes?
 
Apr 9, 2013 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1574
ss4chris said:
sooo any chance for another ova but future that goes into vol 5 or ties up realtionship holes?

I think there would be some chance of it if Yonezawa releases a 6th book and Kadokawa wants to promote it with new animation. But the anime already gave the novels an absolutely enormous sales boost, so I don't know if they'd consider another anime release necessary at this point. They'd probably move 100k of a new novel without more anime. I also don't know if a sixth novel is even planned, as it's been almost three years since the last one. There's also the question of whether KyoAni would be interested in doing more of it when they're pretty busy with animating titles from their novel line.

So I dunno, it's not impossible but I think it's unlikely.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/
 
Apr 9, 2013 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 414
jmal said:
ss4chris said:
sooo any chance for another ova but future that goes into vol 5 or ties up realtionship holes?

I think there would be some chance of it if Yonezawa releases a 6th book and Kadokawa wants to promote it with new animation. But the anime already gave the novels an absolutely enormous sales boost, so I don't know if they'd consider another anime release necessary at this point. They'd probably move 100k of a new novel without more anime. I also don't know if a sixth novel is even planned, as it's been almost three years since the last one. There's also the question of whether KyoAni would be interested in doing more of it when they're pretty busy with animating titles from their novel line.

So I dunno, it's not impossible but I think it's unlikely.


idc for another novel. i want an ova or anime to animate 5th volume because i dont have access to waht happens T.T
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.