Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2012 7:54 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's so sad. Are they gonna kill each other after meeting again? Why did this have to happen to them?
Dec 27, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
It really is sad. And it all keeps happening to them because the God-like kid likes his failure and doesn't fix it... Truly sad.
Jan 27, 2013 3:32 PM

Apr 2011
This is why we can't have nice things. Because God is actually a kid and doesn't like to fix his mistakes.

Jokes aside, a touching story. Nice twist to a normal vampire romance.
Apr 4, 2014 4:31 PM

Feb 2010
I had a feeling he was going to die from the start
i cry errytiem
Jan 6, 2017 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Meh, pretty lame story.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Apr 10, 2017 10:16 AM
Jun 2015
it's so sad. my heart, it hurts.
Jul 25, 2022 3:01 AM

Dec 2009
It remains puzzling in the end, so it's difficult to overly praise it as is, but it's still an intriguing story albeit flawed. 5/10.

I'm actually not a fan of vampires, but as I was reading more of Kaoru Fujiwara's manga, I decided to read all of them.
This one completes it.

I'm confused as to how Cecil hypnotized herself and/or her brother to regain the memories of her past lives now that she's Kanna, and what's the internal meaning of why they love but kill each other repeatedly in reincarnations. Aside from the fact that their life is a flawed "loop" from Heaven which they somehow have a hint seeing that vision.

It's still occasionally common till this day that Kaoru Fujiwara's art blends in a non-dinstinct manner because it's difficult to recognize characters as different people sometimes.

Nogi/Simon having split personality disorder of three from trauma of dying was cool, but his "life" in the manga was abruptly short-lived after being killed by Kanna/Cecil which lead her to remember who she was.
So, his involvement was disappointing in the end. Seeing his doppelganger briefly before is interesting yet odd in how it's logical to this supernatural world.
Although, he did get his wish when he asked his sister to "free him of this world."
... It's just very anticlimactic to have the split personality killer quickly die after he's revealed to be the brother of Cecil.

Next to Cecil, Ren is even more perplexing.
As her brother stated, I think he's part of her curse of (her first) men who've raped her...
I wonder if it was her own doing through hypnotism afterwards or if it's originally all a part of her life which she simply utilized for survival.
Her original nonchalant attitude in hindsight is kinda strange as well.

The other characters, Lui and Maria weren't very meaningful at all in the end which ironically they point out to in the end as if they're not part of the story.
I personally felt that the cop was creepy in how he compliments a high school girl's (Kanna) attractiveness and seems to be overly concerned "romantically" to save her.
... Which maybe somehow ties again to her "curse" of attracting "perverts" as her brother said.
The cop's sudden bedridden daughter being the messenger to Ren of fate felt off, but the whole concept is cool even though this story isn't executed greatly.

Ren raping Cecil after he kills his father upon seeing her raped by him was disturbing, but it's all even more perplexing to me in hindsight when I try to think of a meaning to why that's her life.
It's weird to simply accept as a choice from a child in Heaven. I feel like there's another meaning or more to their relationship and that it should lead to peace eventually, but I guess not which is hard to accept.

As vampires who can live in the sun, seemingly without supernatural strength but hypnotism and mind reading was cool.

It's flawed but acceptable for how entertaining and intriguing it is. Not Kaoru's best work though, I think.
IMO, her top best are; The Night Fish* and Fetish.
Feb 10, 2023 3:16 PM
Apr 2022
it was so confusing. did kanna forget cecil's memories in the end bc she was like i don't remember which were dreams and which was reality and she doesn't remember that she pushed the officer so he could shoot ren like whaaaat is going on??? also it was hard to tell the characters apart bc they all looked alike. i actually liked the manga at first but then it got weird and confusing after the whole kanna is cecil. 
Mar 14, 2023 3:54 AM

May 2020
I’ll admit this manga was getting boring, what with Kanna being the equivalent of a depressed doll for most of the manga and Ren being a complete dick. But the last two chapters really elevated this manga for me.

The idea of Cecil/Kanna and Ren/Sebastian being stuck in an eternal toxic loop where one of them turns the other into a vampire, who regains their memories and then kills the other in revenge for the previous loop is just mind-blowing and is a pretty unique way of using the concept of reincarnation.

The art wasn’t the best but the story, at least towards the end, made this a decent read.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Omae ga Sekai o Kowashitai Nara Chapter 2 Discussion

Angra-Mainyu - May 5, 2010

3 by rebelakuma »»
Jan 25, 2015 10:19 PM

Poll: » Omae ga Sekai o Kowashitai Nara Chapter 16 Discussion

Sanichi - Oct 31, 2010

1 by czerah »»
May 8, 2012 7:42 AM

Poll: » Omae ga Sekai o Kowashitai Nara Chapter 15 Discussion

czerah - May 8, 2012

0 by czerah »»
May 8, 2012 7:30 AM

Poll: » Omae ga Sekai o Kowashitai Nara Chapter 14 Discussion

czerah - May 8, 2012

0 by czerah »»
May 8, 2012 7:15 AM

Poll: » Omae ga Sekai o Kowashitai Nara Chapter 13 Discussion

czerah - May 8, 2012

0 by czerah »»
May 8, 2012 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.