Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 7, 2012 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
So how bloody does your anime/manga have to be before you consider it truly a bloody and violent piece of entertainment?

What truly defines brutality? Is it just lots of blood, is it saw/hostel esque type of torture and depravity, is it people going on a killing and massacre rampage? what defines this genre for you?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 24, 2013 9:56 AM
Jul 2012
I will answer your question with an example Elfen Lied, Lucy cutting up the guards in order to escape the lab. So yeah a character going on a killing spree is up there. But I like Higurashi no naku koro ni because it has another example, the hinamizawa syndrome, I find it bloody because it causes people to claw at their own throats with their fingernails, need I say more
Sep 18, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2010
Bloody doesn't mean violent and violent doesn't mean bloody. ( Being all deep here ^-^' )

There is no perfect definition since everyone has a different opinion. Bloody is gore+blood+killing sprees. It has something of a cheap horror movie where a killer chases people and they drop dead one after the other. Violent on the other side can have many different sides to it. A bloody anime is of course considered brutal and violent, but there are also psychological masterpieces that can give of this brutal vibe without showing too much blood or even no blood at all. A perfect example here, even though it's a game and not anime related, is Silent Hill. It doesn't rely on much blood and gore and yet it is damn brutal in its own way.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Most brutal anime/manga

Tiedyemind - Apr 30, 2012

5 by deadlyevilguy »»
Oct 27, 2014 4:17 PM

» Fave Yandere Female

SeigiAthrun - Jun 22, 2009

20 by TheAssassin »»
Sep 18, 2014 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.