Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2020 8:50 PM

Nov 2016
All the lolicons coming together to save the loli was oddly inspiring
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 22, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm 15 more episodes in this timeline? I kinda doubt it, something will go wrong...
Oct 26, 2020 8:36 AM
Oct 2019
Wow this episode was great, everyone trying to help Satoko-chan...

My god this child support people are dumb AF always saying to take consideration 🤦‍♂️

I really love this build up so far, make you more invested into the characters...
Nov 5, 2020 5:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn plan, Keiichi, its a solid different plan to took the whole lead. Its really a well done plan by him. He leading every townspeople, that supported them much, to followed his led participating the whole campaign, to set a freedom to Houjou Satoko from the shackles of a deadly destiny.

But, its really a hard route to made a freedom of her. Satoko turned mad again after her sickness got worsen (this is the reason where all of the rejection coming from and she could became so mad with all of her hallucination. God had no mercy), and that Child Counseling Center chose to stay passive as they even got a threatening issues by Sonozaki's family household.

Keiichi almost went insane, after hearing the fact, and the persistent of Satoko continued to the bad condition. Fortunately she has been threaten well by Irie sensei. Meanwhile it seemed Keiichi plan to gather people as much as possible couldn't even break the whole situations. Something change. Yeah, Rika finally realized her positions to be the key to changed her own future. Could she do that? I still had a doubt. But surely i must stay the positivity as long as possible, like them!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 18, 2020 2:15 AM

Oct 2016
Man, the episodes just seem to go by so fast for me. I am very invested in this story it's so good.

I was thinking that, that if there is anyone that can convince Satoko it's Rika. I am glad she was able to realize that, even though she has been crushed time and time again but, this world is different, there is hope.
Nov 20, 2020 5:29 AM

Feb 2017
Rika doesn’t know about the volcanic gas since she dies beforehand every time. Houston, we’re gonna have a real problem even if everything else goes right.

This arc in general is really dialing in to fix all the characters’ traumas, but there’s been a distinct lack of any of the strange supernatural aspects plaguing them the whole time. I don’t think they’ve fixed those at all — nor have they identified the root of them, so I hope Rika can take one more failure to understand the true issues at work.

That being said, this is some real progress.
Sep 8, 2021 1:41 PM

Jul 2021
Ok, hear me out. I really like this anime, I do, but I can't not see when the writers are being lazy. Example: it's from the very beginning of the first series that Oishi talks to the kids like they were adults, revealing his thoughts, parts of the investigation and such, even to Rika and Satoko. So stupid and unrealistic. Also, lol at the group trying to explain to the social workers how to do their job. Why is it that almost every adult in this show is so clueless, while the boys and the girls are always the smart ones? It's good, but with more finesse and eye for detail it could have been a masterpiece. I'm still hoping : )
Oct 4, 2021 3:07 PM

Jan 2013
There's no way the Agency would just trust the words of a 11 / 12 year old and leave it like that.
"Yeah well she said she wasn't being abused so you know ... she's absolutely right and there's no way a relative could be mentally abusing her into saying she isn't being abused"
What is the agency even for if they just blindly trust anything ... ugh idk, this just really got to me.
Dec 11, 2021 8:50 AM
Jul 2021
i hope in the next episode rika manages to convince satoko to tell the child center that she is being abused by that bloody uncle of hers.
Dec 19, 2021 10:06 PM

Aug 2020
Lolicons to the rescue.

We are only 9 episodes out of 24. Too soon for this to be the goon timeline. Even if Satoko is saved, what then? If Rika dies after the festival, wouldn't time repeat itself? So if Satoko is saved, then the next mission is to save Rika from dying.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Mar 24, 2022 12:57 PM

Dec 2015
I think this whole Satoko arc would be resolved IF:

1- People found out what REALLY happened to Satoshi.

2- Sonozaki family admits they killed Satoko's uncle partner (the woman who was going to blackmail Rena's father).
Jun 3, 2022 6:03 AM

Dec 2018
Duzell said:
Satoko is just annoying , why doesn't sh just admit ? Everybody got over their problems , why is she always the drama queen?

have you ever been abused as a child? i was. shut the fuck up.
Jun 4, 2022 4:06 AM

Jun 2019
PrOxAnto said:
There's no way the Agency would just trust the words of a 11 / 12 year old and leave it like that.
"Yeah well she said she wasn't being abused so you know ... she's absolutely right and there's no way a relative could be mentally abusing her into saying she isn't being abused"
What is the agency even for if they just blindly trust anything ... ugh idk, this just really got to me.

It's not really a question of blind trust - They can have doubts or even completely disbelieve her version of events. They can be suspicious of her account or even know it is fabricated and coerced, but the point is, they don't have proof. And whether they're allowed to act further at that point in time without said proof might come down to national, prefectural, or local laws.

I don't know what the laws are governing that in Japan as a whole nation-wide or in Gifu prefecture where this is supposed to be set, but it's easy to believe they could be that way owing to the constraints of bureaucracy. Especially in a rural area (the child welfare office is in a neighboring small city, but it's not Tokyo or Osaka and concerns a resident of a rural village) and especially in the early 1980s.
WatchTillTandavaJun 4, 2022 4:09 AM
Jun 6, 2022 3:28 PM
Nov 2020
Man Satoko's uncle even more a bitch for that. Physical abuse, and now even mental abuse. What kind of sick bastard you gotta be to be that much of an asshole. On a serious note, I got to sleep its fucking 1 am now, but I can't stop, I NEED to know what happens next. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
May 25, 2023 11:16 PM
Oct 2022
Loving this arc. Seeing everyone get together really felt hopeful in this type of anime. Question is how are they going to push further to save Satoko who's clearly suffering from that horrible disorder 
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.