Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 2012 2:12 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jeez the entertaiment banned is so seriously what I thought.

On the way for the AKB audition they got attack by Anti-Idol.
They even show no mercy at them and trying to kill them.

They meet Chieri (blue hair girl) .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 6, 2012 3:04 PM
Mar 2012
People pointed out that the weapons the soldiers used were non fatal.
first ep - water cannon, web, riot gears so I think this time too, the black ops were using rubber bullets probably
Either way still entertaining, with some random WTF moment....<__< but Nagisa's voice actor Karen need more improving.

There's inside jokes here so anyone that's not AKB fans won't get it but it's much more enjoyable with some background knowledge.

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) nickname is Cyborg Girl because she always look cute that she can't be human. So in this anime she's a real Cyborg

Tsubasa mentioned Flying Get, which is the title of AKB48 song, a slang word for getting a CD before it's release date, during her speech to the great "sensei" (which is their Creator Akimoto Yasushi title because he's a VP of Kyoto Art University)

http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=H49A9M5DR62O

When Yuko was lifting the chandelier off Chirie, Yuko sang one of their most famous song Heavy Rotation, which topped Karaoke chart for 45 weeks in a row, and sold over 1 million on digital chart. (FYI the video isn't as "offensive" or "fanservic-y" in Japan as foreigner think because that video brought in more fangirls to AKB fandom because they love it as much as guys, and consider it's girly and cute)

The pose the AKB girls did when they arrived, with the light flash, and the song playing in the BG is from their song AKB Sanjou. The flash was reminisce of the light thing they wear on their wrist when they perform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFNNiEb980
akbfanMay 6, 2012 4:40 PM
May 6, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
We don't know for sure what the black ops were using, but so funny they all taking Idols so seriously. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 6, 2012 3:54 PM
Mar 2012
Didn't you see the idols taking out black ops like nothing?
Anime idols are no joke yo~ They take down soldiers with their killer ribbon, light sabers, and heart wand lolololol

The creator Kawamori are known for doing crazy stuffs in his show.....I think this is just another of his quirk XD
May 6, 2012 3:59 PM

Oct 2010
I was really happy when AKB0048 came to the rescue. After shit like the following,

happening and that soldier playing around with his loaded deadly rifle barrel with such a nice face of the girl not to mention what one of them did to Nagisa's hair. The OP is worth to praise whom a list will be made later of its rich and foreshadowing elements. VERY SATISFYING episode! Edit later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 6, 2012 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it's looks like they idols have some kind of power for singing, remind a little of Macross, but it's still enjoyable to watch. :)

May 6, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
I don't why but seeing tough soldiers get taken down by idols with their hearts and such makes me smile.
May 6, 2012 6:18 PM

Jun 2011
Wow. I thought the animation of this episode was really well done.
I like the OP and ED too :D

And this, cyborg scared me
May 6, 2012 7:00 PM
Mar 2012
Shih said:
Wow. I thought the animation of this episode was really well done.
I like the OP and ED too :D

And this, cyborg scared me

More like gorg cyborg <3

May 7, 2012 12:52 AM

Aug 2010
YAY!

Watching this episode made me so happy in my pants

So, more girls coming for the audition meet up on the ship. Gonna love Sonata ^^

Also, Chieri giving that dark speech, rivals n stuff. You need to learn from Nagisa.

Speaking of Nagisa, don't belittle yourself. The Kirara may not have followed you, but it glowed when YOU showed Idol spirit.

I love all those references in the show <3 But the cake this episode goes to Mayuyu with her arm cannon. And voiced by Yukarin to boot. I'm in love.
I just wonder... does she have an eye laz0r as special attack?
WordsmithMay 7, 2012 1:21 AM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 7, 2012 2:48 AM

Aug 2008
Everything is so over the top, as expected of Kawamori, LOL.

I wonder what will happen next.
May 7, 2012 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
Cool action and that chick is a cyborg!!!
May 7, 2012 7:37 AM

May 2012
I foresee MANY problems between Nagisa and Chieri in the future to come

They look like they'll have the strongest bonds by the end though.

And I think that Chieri has the potential, but just hasn't hit it yet, because she just doesn't get what an Idol really is yet.

Though, that one person said only '6' candidates. So, either one of the original six are not making it, or Chieri's going to break fate to become whatever it is they're talking about. Probably be an enemy before that or something.

This is such an amazing show ~
May 7, 2012 7:37 AM

Jan 2012
The show is great so far. Cyborg girl with a blaster in her arm lol.

May 7, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
vampko said:

Though, that one person said only '6' candidates. So, either one of the original six are not making it, or Chieri's going to break fate to become whatever it is they're talking about. Probably be an enemy before that or something.

The extra girl is Sonata. Remember, she didn't have a ticket, so she was either
a) not able to compete in the first round of audition
or
b) got sorted out and still wants to become an idol, no matter what - she's stubborn enough for this, that's sure.
But I'm sure, in the end, she will make it.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 7, 2012 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
is it my imagination or were they talking in russian in the background at the airport before the op?
May 7, 2012 8:35 AM

May 2012
Wordsmith said:
vampko said:

The extra girl is Sonata. Remember, she didn't have a ticket, so she was either
a) not able to compete in the first round of audition
or
b) got sorted out and still wants to become an idol, no matter what - she's stubborn enough for this, that's sure.
But I'm sure, in the end, she will make it.

Ah , yeah, I realized that later.

I really wanna see the next episode !

Man, it's so different being part of simulcasts. Last time I was so big into watching anime it was always shows that already aired, so I didn't understand the anticipation and other feelings that Japanese people had always waiting for the next episode.

But, I've grown to understand that since Winter 2011.

I wanna see more soooo bad !
May 7, 2012 8:47 AM

Jul 2008
I have only one thing to say

lol
May 7, 2012 9:33 AM
Mar 2012
karimotek said:
is it my imagination or were they talking in russian in the background at the airport before the op?

One of the girl from AKB sister group HKT was voicing that because she can speak Russian.
May 7, 2012 9:39 AM
Sep 2011
The girls are still young and inexperienced thus the problems they will have to deal with probably won't be that complex in nature. This show is quite nice to watch when you don't have anything else to do but in the end I'm just not that impressed to follow it on a regular basis.
EudaimoniaMay 7, 2012 9:42 AM
May 7, 2012 12:04 PM
Mar 2012
Totentanz said:
The girls are still young and inexperienced thus the problems they will have to deal with probably won't be that complex in nature. This show is quite nice to watch when you don't have anything else to do but in the end I'm just not that impressed to follow it on a regular basis.

I wouldn't rule it out yet
AKB had done music videos where the girls commit suicide, do kungfu, ripping their arms out, decapitation, vomiting out blood in an dark apocalyptic setting, breaking out of prison with tanks shooting at them, to acting like delinquents and beating each other up bloody or shanking each other in their Majisuka Gakuen drama, or cutting wrist out of depression and considering abortion in their Sakura kara no Tegami drama so their management isn't shy with making shizz as dramatic as they can.
May 7, 2012 12:25 PM
Sep 2011
akbfan said:
Totentanz said:

I wouldn't rule it out yet
AKB had done music videos where the girls commit suicide, do kungfu, ripping their arms out, decapitation, vomiting out blood in an dark apocalyptic setting, breaking out of prison with tanks shooting at them, to acting like delinquents and beating each other up bloody or shanking each other in their Majisuka Gakuen drama, or cutting wrist out of depression and considering abortion in their Sakura kara no Tegami drama so their management isn't shy with making shizz as dramatic as they can.

That sounds rather... disturbing. Anyway, it does make things more interesting, but I doubt the anime will go into this direction since there weren't any indications that would suggest that. I did wonder what happened to the idol with the mechanic arm, though.
May 7, 2012 12:26 PM

Mar 2010
akbfan said:

That sounds... creepy. Not I'm not used to those stuff but... by idol group full of overly cute girls? Plain creepy.

Anyway, this episode was very nice. I really that the "idol ban" isn't there just for plot but the police is actually doing their best to capture idols/wannabe idols. The means they use are also realistic to a degree. I think it's obvious that they don't want to kill anyone, heck, they're really cute young girls only messed up person would intentionally try to kill them. AKB0048 fighting back is funny and badass (cyborg girl) at the same time. This anime is actually much more realistic than I thought it would be. I really like that the idols fight back by power/weapons not by singing. XD I also liked Chieri's thoughts and the always sad blue haired girl. I'm completely like her in immediatelly thinking of the worst case scenario. XD
May 7, 2012 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
I actually hav high expectations for this show after just 2 episodes. I loved the opening showing the type of emotion expected to come and the ending was nice too.
May 7, 2012 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
akbfan said:
karimotek said:

One of the girl from AKB sister group HKT was voicing that because she can speak Russian.

wow that's amazing O.O
May 7, 2012 1:40 PM
Mar 2012
HikaruIzumi said:
akbfan said:

That sounds... creepy. Not I'm not used to those stuff but... by idol group full of overly cute girls? Plain creepy.

Actually they're not overly cute. Many of the girls...are...what..I would call dorky weirdos basically lol..Especially Team K. they seem to got the overdose of weidos there XD

They don't focus on being cute as much as people think. They just look cute, many of the girls like Akimoto Sayaka, Shinoda Mariko, Itano Tomomi got the "cool, mature" vibe while girls like Miyazawa Sae are tomboy or Oshima Yuko is..just..plain weird lol. The AKB girls done things like "Ikemen school" and "Danso" segment on their show where they dress up as guys (probably for their fangirls because danso is popular with girls in Japan)

Well since most people don't know them AKB do a wide variety of songs from cutesy ones to serious emo or hardcore bad ass ones like I listed. They also done beautiful ballad kinda of songs like Sakura no Ki Ni Naru, Sakura no Shiori, or sing songs about living on even if you become a bug like Mushi no Ballad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhEK1mxOm-I

They even did a song with the girls learning instruments (except Yuko because she already know bass)

http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=YD66X9BOWM61
akbfanMay 7, 2012 2:05 PM
May 7, 2012 2:12 PM

Feb 2012
Elite60 said:
I don't why but seeing tough soldiers get taken down by idols with their hearts and such makes me smile.

Same here, I gave up on taking it seriously haha

Chieri will be bitching for sure, I'm looking forward to drama between her and Nigasa.

I already hate Suzuko, kick her out, Sonata.

Cyborg girl is awesome, a big plus for this episode.
May 7, 2012 2:41 PM

Feb 2012
You know you can't take this anime seriously when Chieri ( Or w/e her name is ) gets hit by a falling chandelier and manages to walk it off in the end lol.

Still, the animation was great. Also surprised by the amount of detail put in the ships, mobile suits and technology. Pretty impressive and neat concepts.
May 7, 2012 4:47 PM
Oct 2010
This is so idiotic... but still entertaining.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 7, 2012 5:55 PM

Dec 2011
The girls are so cute. I really Sonata. Apparently Nagisa was already chosen?
May 7, 2012 6:24 PM

Mar 2010
sasuga Kawamori-san. This ain't no Macross and surprisingly the production values seem lower than in Aquarion EVOL but there's a lot to dig here.
May 7, 2012 10:56 PM

Mar 2011
Conclusion: To be an idol is harsher than to be a soldier
May 8, 2012 12:26 AM

May 2010
I am impress the girls from AKB and SKE could perform really well with their roles but I'm still confused as to the whole "banning idol" stuff I mean what the heck happened !?

May 8, 2012 1:29 AM

Apr 2008
Saw this anime, didn't know anything about AKB48, read the wiki, this plot still makes no sense.

Dafuq is this and why am I watching it.
May 8, 2012 1:44 AM

Jun 2011
This is one visually appealing episode and its heading in the right direction thus far. For some reason my head keeps telling me that something bad would happen to the current AKB girls but its a good thing that tragedy isn't part of the genre.
May 8, 2012 8:57 AM

Jan 2010
Goddamn I love Kawamori.

He never ceases to amuse me.
Ok™
May 9, 2012 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
Vizi_Reality said:
Conclusion: To be an idol is harsher than to be a soldier

lol
and must have a heart-shaped silhouette in her eyes and in her hair
May 9, 2012 6:15 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
McRib said:
Goddamn I love Kawamori.

He never ceases to amuse me.

So far, it's better than Symphogear.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 9, 2012 9:50 PM

Jul 2011
akbfan said:
HikaruIzumi said:
akbfan said:

Actually they're not overly cute. Many of the girls...are...what..I would call dorky weirdos basically lol..Especially Team K. they seem to got the overdose of weidos there XD

They don't focus on being cute as much as people think. They just look cute, many of the girls like Akimoto Sayaka, Shinoda Mariko, Itano Tomomi got the "cool, mature" vibe while girls like Miyazawa Sae are tomboy or Oshima Yuko is..just..plain weird lol. The AKB girls done things like "Ikemen school" and "Danso" segment on their show where they dress up as guys (probably for their fangirls because danso is popular with girls in Japan)

Well since most people don't know them AKB do a wide variety of songs from cutesy ones to serious emo or hardcore bad ass ones like I listed. They also done beautiful ballad kinda of songs like Sakura no Ki Ni Naru, Sakura no Shiori, or sing songs about living on even if you become a bug like Mushi no Ballad.

This. The girl against the wall would probably be my best friend. XD
And dorky(?)/idol + what they sing about + their personalities/ what they do = freakin' awesome. I might be a new fan. o_o

+1

----

I think the pace/ way the story progresses is fast paced or something... but I like the VAs and animation. Ending song is nice as well.
MirorinMay 9, 2012 9:59 PM
May 10, 2012 5:27 PM

May 2011
Chieri has sure changed a lot since they've last met, didn't expect her to be like that. Guessing she went through some bad shit too since they were kids. Thought they'd be all happy and stuff seeing each other again.

All of these girls got some unique personality, cool I like these 3 new girls. And this plot is pretty interesting, this entertainment ban is some serious shit and its fun to watch them fight.
May 11, 2012 12:28 PM

Oct 2011
Totally loving this so far. The girls all have great, distinct personalities, which is something that I like. Chieri's changed a lot since they first met though, I'm guessing it might have something to do with her father considering she's "missing". AKB0048 are so awesome and cyborg Mayuyu just made my day. Can't wait for the next episode.
May 11, 2012 10:25 PM

Dec 2011
I will definately drop this; too boring... I will just give it one more chance
May 12, 2012 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, so far I'm liking this. Now I hope it won't imitate idolm@ster because I disliked that show a lot.
Looking forward to more of this.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 13, 2012 5:47 PM

May 2008
So they finally met with Chieri . Dunno why she thinking like that but i guess thats what some depressing people think :(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 24, 2012 4:39 PM

Dec 2006
akbfan said:
...The AKB girls done things like "Ikemen school" and "Danso" segment on their show where they dress up as guys (probably for their fangirls because danso is popular with girls in Japan)

oh yes, Mayuyu's Danso was so nghhhhh...*--*

The "plot" doesn't really convince me but this anime sure is fun to watch x3

TurtwigFan1 said:
AKB0048 are so awesome and cyborg Mayuyu just made my day.

and this ^
Jun 27, 2012 1:23 AM

Sep 2008
Awwwwwwwwwwwww fuck yeah!!!!!!!!
Did you see Mamiko Noto's Heart Attack!?
That cute pose and everything; she is the perfect AKB member!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2012 9:07 AM
Mar 2012
I LOVED this episode ! although Chieri could use a bit more pep yeah?
Aug 16, 2012 1:59 PM

Nov 2011
These kids have so much talent, more than just singing, dancing, and looking cute.
Nov 30, 2012 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
felt homo watching this

will drop after next ep for sure
Jan 4, 2013 4:28 PM

Aug 2012
They really don't want people having fun :L
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jun 24, 2012

80 by povsuduvolosy »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:49 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2012

106 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 11, 2022 1:26 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 15, 2012

62 by Ashhk »»
May 8, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 11 Discussion

akbfan - Jul 8, 2012

45 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 12:20 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 1, 2012

54 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.