Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Strike Witches Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 15, 2009 7:40 AM

story wasnt consistent, what of the "friendly neuroi" why was yoshika happy the hive disappeared when it tried to communicate with her and become friends or so. its like oh they might not be the real enemy but since they disappeared who cares!
Needs more Drill Hair.

Sep 24, 2009 8:51 PM

It kind of left some questions unanswered. Like are the Neuroi really our enemies or friends? Is Yoshika's father still alive? etc, etc.

But all and all it was a nice series. 8/10

Should a 2nd season show up I'd gladly watch it.

Dec 25, 2009 1:37 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH too many unanswered questions.

...a epic end boss and feel good ending is fine too

I guess. Too bad Gonzo lost the second season, they actually did a good job with this shit ;_;

Mar 13, 2010 8:45 PM

Strike Witches exceeded my expectations; I didn't think I would like it at first, but I really enjoyed it. All the characters were nice and the plot turned out to be more interesting than I thought it would. Strike Witches was fun to watch.

This episode was awesome, loved the Warlock-Akagi gattai and the sweet action...
Looking forward to the second season now.

Apr 9, 2010 3:01 AM

Despite the rampant fan service, use and abuse of panties, and some inconsistencies and outright oddities with the show.. I kinda liked it..

It wasn't great, but it was entertaining. Although the abuse of fan service and panties actually hurt the score in my opinion. There is a point when too much is ... too much.

7/10 overall
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!

May 18, 2010 8:48 PM

What happened to the alleged "good" neuroi? They focused so much on it and then it doesn't even appear in the last episode.

So they really just disband while their talents could be saving other areas? I like to keep in mind that lots of other people are dying as they do nothing, even though this anime was void of ever mentioning death other than Miyafugi's father. People do die from laser beams after all.

The show took too many "mood swings" as well. From getting really dramatic to now everything is great. As touching as the dramatic parts were, it felt much to empty, even robotic.

Maybe I over analyze things, but most of the moves of a single person flying around would usually kill someone. Like talking while flying at the speed of sound should rip your lungs open and tear your insides apart. But hey, they're magical, so what do I care that most of the stuff they do should kill them?

The fan service was the greatest thing about the anime, it's what kept me watching more than anything. If not, it's the greatest thing it had going for it other than that awesome plot twist in episode 11 when they made it a real war anime.

The biggest problem I had with the anime was censorship, I saw a lot but I'm sure that just because they are magical, doesn't make them have magical fog in front of their lower sections. Other than that they kept the boobs and ass shots, which were very nice.

Overall it's a 6.5/10. It left me to empty inside, not to mention the plot holes. If there is a season 2 then, maybe I'll raise my score.
Modified by Yup, May 19, 2010 12:51 PM

Jun 11, 2010 11:29 PM
Waru said:
Was a great episode I await the second season.

I cant wait till the next season aether! I loved the series, I ordered it as quickly as it came out ^_^

Jun 29, 2010 8:39 AM

Pantsu wearing flying lolis + nipples(uncensored) deserves a 8/10. :-D

Jul 2, 2010 1:38 PM

Mmm, last episode was a bit of an anti climax, ima gonna give this a 7/10. The fanservice was alight at first... Then it was just too much

*beats head with frying pan*

Jul 5, 2010 4:41 AM

Enjoyed the series on the whole. Will be lookin' forward to the second season, which I believe is very soon.

Jul 14, 2010 8:05 PM
Cool final battle, and I have to admit Miyafuji using her striker unit as a makeshift missile was a nice touch.

Jul 31, 2010 4:20 PM

Nice last Episode. The whole Series gets a 9/10, even without pants. Now let's proceed to the OVA and the next season.

Jul 31, 2010 5:09 PM

I enjoyed this anime way more than I thought I would.

It's so much fun reading old posts about how people are sure there can't be a second season because **** when said season is currently airing. :D

Aug 17, 2010 6:51 PM

Great Ending!

They really pulled it off nicely at the end.

Is it just me, or did this show get epic at the end?
They could have just made it a 2 hour movie out of episodes 1, 2, 11, & 12.
It would have made a bad ass action movie!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed everything in between, it was highly entertaining.
(Though, that's almost shameful to admit :P)

But really, was any of that really needed?
Just saying!

8/10
(7.5 to be technical, always round up)

Now I have to decide if I wait for the R1 release of season 2?
(Seeing as how I watched the R1 of season...dub and all. Great Dub btw!! FUNimation utilized their cast of women perfectly!)

Or do I utilize my CR membership even more and catch up?

Urahara Out!!

Aug 28, 2010 11:23 AM

that ending was a mindfuck. season two, here i go

Sep 1, 2010 11:12 AM

Great anime :D

Starting season 2 now :D

Sep 24, 2010 9:18 AM

I wanted mostly fanservice and I got plot and intrigue. This anime was a disappointment

Oct 17, 2010 3:37 AM

Say "Strike Witches" and you will hear "flying panties"...
WHO CARES ABOUT THAT SHIT?!
We have here a aircraft carier *swimming* in the clouds! That's just epic!
Seriously.
Modified by LoliconSuspect, Oct 22, 2010 3:07 AM
Manga...manga...m a n g a...degrading, violent, not even a speck of reality, rearing up today's perverts, partially responsible for today's teenage criminals...the epitome of evil! The trickery of the little *********! - Akiha Tohno

Mar 29, 2011 10:28 AM
This show definitely exceeded my expectations 8/10.

Jun 6, 2011 11:29 AM

Wow! Excellent last episode, and the series was a suprise gem overall for me!

I was expecting a little ecchi fanservice in a shallow program but I got a realy good plot which I wasnt expecting!

Second series yeah!

Jun 9, 2011 10:09 PM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

I watched Strike Witches expecting panty shots with some gun fights. I got a show full of gun fights with some fan service just to keep viewers awake. I'm definitely impressed.

Mar 6, 2012 2:37 PM

great ending for great show cant wait to start watching S2

Nov 20, 2012 11:36 AM

Great episode, loved the battle scenes

Jan 13, 2013 10:29 AM
Pretty lackluster. For s smart sentient being is sure was stupid by doing the fusion.

Many problems throughout the series too, such as pointless filler that brought nothing, bad use of single episodes for developing characters and the plot was hardly explored, thus leading to the lackluster ending in which the Nueroi, which we also learned nothing about, being ultimately destroyed because of a human invention.

It had nice action though, fanservice was meh~good and it had a average cast of characters.

Enjoyed it quite a bit despite its shortcomings, but 6/10 at best.
Now, on to season 2.

Feb 8, 2013 1:10 PM

Nice ending, the boat fusion was quite interesting and the whole victory was quite nice, but now that the hive is destroyed I wonder what the second season will be all about although I've got some ideas with the ending and the letter!

This first season was quite nice although I do still wonder the non use of pants and wearing only underpants or swimsuits and the to much focused ecchi was a bit a downer on the whole story. The story it self was strong enough to not needing to rely on ecchi stuff to attract viewers.

Either way nice final episode and a nice anime in general, lets see what's next! 7/10

Mar 28, 2013 8:05 PM

I'm glad I watched this. I was just expecting an ecchi anime, but I really liked the story. The second half of the season was definitely better, and I really enjoyed the last boss fight. I laughed when the Warlocked merged with the ship. There's still the OVA, second season, and the movie. I guess I'll get started on watching those. Overall I'd give it an 7, but the story was better than expected so it's changed to an 8.

Dec 29, 2013 9:43 AM

Satisfying ending, the battle between the Warlock and the Akagi was pretty amazing. Everyone is here and ready to fight that Neuroin ship.Now the ending scene with a letter from her father.... Going to watch the 2nd season of it.

8/10 the fanservice without pants was kind of distracting though. Season overall is still great imo.

Mar 4, 2014 7:30 AM

Nice ending through 8/10 for me i want more strike witches looking foreard to season 2...

Apr 9, 2014 9:22 AM

I watched it for the 'yuri' and it was worth it, it made me laugh some times and I like the battle scenes...also now I ship Mio and Minna hahaha 7/10

May 4, 2014 6:19 PM

Pretty typical and expected conclusion, but was still fun to watch. I was surprised that the Witches were disbanded, considering it looks like that was only the tip of the war. Gotta love that ending, the dad pulling a fast one at the very end.

Well overall I have to say that this series was quite the treat. The ost helped intensify many of the fight scenes and it was a nice package of ecchi, comedy, cute girls/cute things, and action. Definitely reminded me of Vividred Operation so now I can see why people always compare the two.

Looking forward to getting around to season 2 later this summer, 7/10

Feb 9, 2015 2:47 PM

Think we can all agreed that Lucchini was the best <3
great show now to watch the ova!!!
cute ending
[/quote]

Feb 13, 2015 4:23 PM

I really hope the Neuroi stuff isn't just forgotten later on the next season. That'll be a bad move to make.

Apr 22, 2015 12:35 PM

When I started watching Strike Witches, my expectations weren't really high.
I thought this was just about fanservice and random action, but it was surprisingly interesting!
The characters were likeable, too.

Nice anime all in all. There are still a lot of questions about the Neuroi... I'm totally looking forward to S2!

Jun 25, 2015 1:14 PM
Its interesting how panty shot anime that on first look looks like total waste of time can turn out to be quite entertaining. First two episodes were extremely hard to watch since you pay too much attention to panties and complaining how retarded author can be, but with every episode you notice that less and less until you completely forgot about them and then you start enjoying this show. I wish they went more into political problems. Now, time for more panty shots

Jul 3, 2016 1:32 AM

Not bad but ending is too abrupt.

Wish they explained more about the Neuroi. I hope S2 will provide some answers.

Dec 5, 2016 5:00 AM

An end with a bang, you find yourself catapulted into a riot of action, peppered with many fight scenes never seen before and twists galore. The clashes' choreography is quite good, animations and drawings do not fail, showing a very good quality. The finish is unsettling. Although the anime series, could not live up to other anime series most earnest, Strike Witches, however, he manages to show that he is as bad as the plot and action.

7/10 --> 8/10
Modified by terrablu2003, Dec 5, 2016 5:27 AM

Apr 28, 2017 12:49 PM

Interesting that they ended up disbanded anyways, but there was another letter from Yoshika's father at the end. Seems like the ending doesn't know what it wanted to be, if it wanted to be 'final' or leave room for a sequel.

Well, I wonder what they did in the second season (and the recent alternative version, Brave Witches).

May 6, 2017 2:35 PM

Geez, this could've been fun.. what's worst is having a totally annoying protagonist who's preachy as hell, but is always correct! I really enjoyed the first episode, but I really dislike protagonist like Miyafuji, who does things based on her guts and/or intuition. I totally didn't like the whole twist near the end, making the "good side" turn out to be "bad". Miyafuji's insistence to get herself involved is nice, very admirable, but if this wasn't an anime, that would've been the worst decision a leader could've made by getting her, a newbie involved. If this wasn't a fiction, her involvement would've been a hindrance rather than you know, she's so talented she'd contribute regardless.

I also am not a fan of story that challenges your suspension of disbelief, by wanting to tell a serious story at the end of the series, but not taking the Neuroi seriously in the first half of the series. I guess there's a reason this series only has a rating of 7.14.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Mar 11, 2018 11:09 PM

Really good ending and mini-setup for more episodes!

9/10

(And if you complained about the lack of pants...stop watching ecchi for cryin' out loud!)
Modified by Talon184, Mar 11, 2018 11:35 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 18, 6:10 PM

That was a fast ending though, they fought the warlock, defeated all neurois, disbanded and Yoshika's father is alive. Hmm.

Overall it was heavy on the fanservice but I liked the characters, the no pants policy on the girls kinda made me not take it seriously.

6/10.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Pages (2) « 1 [2]