Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Dec 30, 2012 1:32 PM

Very emotional episode.. Very well done... I loved it.

"This mustn't register on an emotional level"

Jan 7, 2013 4:41 PM
Well that was awesome. I'm really glad they spent a whole episode on Kerry's past...

Feb 27, 2013 9:50 AM

I didn't exactly dislike it, but that felt like kind of a waste of an episode. And it seems from the preview that the next episode will be even more arguably 'important' backstory...

Mar 4, 2013 4:45 AM

His past was quite interesting. I enjoyed the episode.

Mar 16, 2013 11:54 AM
hahaha
hahahahahahahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This shit right here
this is the worst fucking excuse of a backstory I've seen
anywhere
ever

oh my gosh I still can't believe it
the second that girl appears you know she's going to die
the second his father appears you know he's going to go edgy mode and kill him
ahahaha zombies
and... pffhahaha
and
"you're a good person aren't you"
what was left unsaid but heard clear as day between the lines: "well I'm not I'm bad as sht don't fuck with kerry kill people burn shit fuck school"
HAHAHAHAHA

Mar 16, 2013 12:04 PM

What's interesting about MAL is that users like that exist making you wonder what sad lives they must lead to be so...I have no words.

Mar 17, 2013 1:15 AM

wailofthebanshee said:
hahaha
hahahahahahahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This shit right here
anywhere
ever

ahahaha zombies
and... pffhahaha
and
what was left unsaid but heard clear as day between the lines: "well I'm not I'm bad as sht don't fuck with kerry kill people burn shit fuck school"
HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah...

Mar 20, 2013 9:34 AM

That is how you do a backstory.

Mar 30, 2013 12:12 PM
wailofthebanshee said:
hahaha
hahahahahahahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This shit right here
anywhere
ever

ahahaha zombies
and... pffhahaha
and
HAHAHAHAHA
wat

May 17, 2013 4:58 AM

Dead Apostle ?

Tsukihime vibes is getting to me
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

May 17, 2013 5:29 AM

Tommk said:
Dead Apostle ?

Yeah, it was pretty cool to see a cross over from other works of the Nasuverse into Fate/Zero. A nice nod.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

May 17, 2013 6:36 AM

insan3soldiern said:
Tommk said:
Dead Apostle ?

Yeah, it was pretty cool to see a cross over from other works of the Nasuverse into Fate/Zero. A nice nod.

Yeap
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

May 17, 2013 8:00 AM

Tommk said:
insan3soldiern said:
Tommk said:
Dead Apostle ?

Yeap

The magic of making every series have a connection.Even if it's a multiverse.
Modified by ssjokg, Jun 12, 2013 5:38 AM

Jun 11, 2013 5:16 PM

That was some good zombie apocalypse episode. The animation was so fluid.

Jun 12, 2013 5:28 AM

kiritsugu past hmm.. I see he has feeling for shirley.. I was think that what makes him became a professional killer :3

natalia is badass btw.. :3
poor kerry he must kill his father :/

Jul 2, 2013 3:02 PM

No wonder his eyes look heartless.

Great episode, as usual.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]

Jul 16, 2013 8:49 AM

Man, his backstory was so predictable. Except for the vampires that is, I didn't see that coming, but that only made it look more contrived, not better.

God, this series feels so uneven. At times it impresses me (to an extent) and at other times it just seems cliche and contrived.

Jul 20, 2013 7:02 PM

Oh man... young Kiritsugu went through hell.

Jul 25, 2013 9:50 PM

Pretty good backstory I guess.
4.5/5

Aug 15, 2013 9:50 PM

Kiritsugu's backstory is so sad!!! =(

Poor Shirley...

Killing your own father. I don't know about that...

4/5

Aug 25, 2013 5:55 PM

Poor Kerry.

Aug 26, 2013 12:26 PM

best filler I've ever seen.

Sep 20, 2013 11:29 PM

Damn zombies, or Apostles, swarming in the island, and his father was responsible for the experiment. I'm surprised of what Kiritsugu did when killing his father and about his past how horrible it is. Amazing episode as always.

Sep 22, 2013 8:16 PM

Dang, that was intense... He went a little overkill on his dad O__O
Life has meaning.

Sep 25, 2013 10:20 AM
zdude18 said:
best filler I've ever seen.

Indeed.

And that's how Zombie Apocalypse was stopped .

Oct 7, 2013 12:31 PM

Good backstory. And for everyone saying that this episode was very predictable, I say hindsight is 20/20.
Powerful eyebrows.

Oct 16, 2013 3:04 AM

Shuhan said:
Pretty lame back story.

This.
I'm sorry, but it just came out of nowhere. All the zombies (I mean vampires who totally look like zombies but whatever). It just felt so out of place for me.
I feel like we really didn't get to know Kiritsugu's and his father's relationship enough to just let something like this happen.
Wasn't Shirley the stupid one here who ate/drank the serum? I mean his father shouldn't have researched zombies, but it's not like he used live experiments...well, yet. It seemed like he wasn't planning to experiment until he perfected the serum.
It was just like Natalie or whoever said, it was a pretty shitty reason to kill your own father.

On an other note, I liked Shirley (I especially like her seiyuu, from two of her other works), and I'm sad that this had to happen to her :( I didn't see her getting killed (not with the knife at least), did Kiritsugu let her go?

Well anyway, I'm still curious to see more of his backstory, hopefully it won't be so weird like this.

Oct 16, 2013 3:18 AM

RazielZero said:
Shuhan said:
Pretty lame back story.

This.
I'm sorry, but it just came out of nowhere. All the zombies (I mean vampires who totally look like zombies but whatever). It just felt so out of place for me.
I feel like we really didn't get to know Kiritsugu's and his father's relationship enough to just let something like this happen.
Wasn't Shirley the stupid one here who ate/drank the serum? I mean his father shouldn't have researched zombies, but it's not like he used live experiments...well, yet. It seemed like he wasn't planning to experiment until he perfected the serum.
It was just like Natalie or whoever said, it was a pretty shitty reason to kill your own father.

On an other note, I liked Shirley (I especially like her seiyuu, from two of her other works), and I'm sad that this had to happen to her :( I didn't see her getting killed (not with the knife at least), did Kiritsugu let her go?

Well anyway, I'm still curious to see more of his backstory, hopefully it won't be so weird like
this.

These "zombies" are part of the world of Type Moon as much as Servants are.
His father knew that Shirley would try it and didnt do anything about it and yes he would test it on others,actually he was glad to see the results.
Depending on how you see the above, killing the one responsible can be justified.

Oct 21, 2013 5:57 PM

Snow-Drop said:
One by one, all this hater who aren't making any sense are coming out, huh?
Normally, I hate backstory episode, but this is splendid you mongrels.
I agree. So many Shounen fags who can only stand silly strong-willed Naruto-like characters need to reeducate themselves before actually criticizing something.

Oct 21, 2013 9:18 PM

TonyTin said:
Snow-Drop said:
One by one, all this hater who aren't making any sense are coming out, huh?
Normally, I hate backstory episode, but this is splendid you mongrels.
I agree. So many Shounen fags who can only stand silly strong-willed Naruto-like characters need to reeducate themselves before actually criticizing something.

But what would silly strong-willed Naruto-like characters do in a situation like this?
The stuff they usually do but along with some miracle(author DEM) power that would save everyone.

Nov 14, 2013 8:44 PM

Jesus this episode was intense. I loved every single moment in it o-o

Dec 4, 2013 3:39 PM

Got to say when this started I thought the wrong video had been loaded up. No warning and I quickly got rather bored. Flashback was too long imo, using up an entire episode like this felt wrong to me. Would have rather seen more time with the Servants instead of this vampire nonsense.

Dec 4, 2013 3:43 PM

The vampires are as nonsense as the Servant but anyway...

Dec 11, 2013 6:22 AM

I was not ready to relive this nightmare.

Dec 11, 2013 9:34 AM

gswelcome said:
Got to say when this started I thought the wrong video had been loaded up. No warning and I quickly got rather bored. Flashback was too long imo, using up an entire episode like this felt wrong to me. Would have rather seen more time with the Servants instead of this vampire nonsense.

Uh oh

You DO Know that F/0 takes place in the universe where vampires, mages, angels, immortals, demons and all that shit are THE focus? Did you miss that the very company who made this franchise (Type Moon) is named after the "thing" strongly associated with vampire lore of the franchise? Or the fact that the
who had the hand in creation of the three families is a sort-of vampire? Or that

Like it or not, vampires are the CRUCIAL part of nasuverse and its apocalypse mythos, as well as crucial part of humanity's VERY EXISTENCE in nasuverse.

So no. They are not "nonsense" nor a "filler", but a crucial part of the mythology of the franchise.

Dec 13, 2013 1:24 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that Kiritsugu didn't kill his dad because of the Dead Apostles, or because he was scared he'll continue making them? I think if Shirley had survived, he would have left with his dad and her. He just felt angry at his dad for Shirleys death, and the only way to get revenge was by taking his own life. Plus she took it out of her own free will to prove his inventions worked or something.

I hate episodes like these because it makes hating the villain a little harder, especially when you know what they went through. :/
If you want me to see something, or reply to something, quote me. I hardly ever check back to topics I've posted in.

Dec 13, 2013 1:35 PM

Kiritusgu understood that his father knew that Shirley would take the potion/pills yet he didnt try to stop her.Noritaka would keep doing the same to any other place they would go.

If Shirley had survived, they wouldnt need to leave since there wouldnt be a vampire apocalypse on the island and that way Noritaka wouldnt look like an asshole that doesnt give a shit about others.

Why is Kiritsugu a villain?

Dec 13, 2013 2:08 PM

ssjokg said:
Kiritusgu understood that his father knew that Shirley would take the potion/pills yet he didnt try to stop her.Noritaka would keep doing the same to any other place they would go.

If Shirley had survived, they wouldnt need to leave since there wouldnt be a vampire apocalypse on the island and that way Noritaka wouldnt look like an asshole that doesnt give a shit about others.

The only reason I saw this was because I went back to edit my post. I got Kiritsugu confused with Kotomine, so I thought this entire episode was about him ._. So excuse the villain part.

Whenever I watched the episode, it seemed to me that Kiritsugu killed his dad in revenge for what happened to Shirley. While he was loading the bullets, he had a flash back of Shirley asking him what he wanted to be when he grew up, not of the other villagers/vampires. If it were because of the others, we would have seen a little more in the flashback - his friends and him playing basketball or something. Another reason why I think he killed his dad in revenge is because he gave Natalia a "petty" excuse. He could have easily let his dad live, and face whatever charges he was accused of.

Idk, that's just my take on it.
If you want me to see something, or reply to something, quote me. I hardly ever check back to topics I've posted in.

Dec 13, 2013 2:24 PM

Politoed said:
ssjokg said:

The only reason I saw this was because I went back to edit my post. I got Kiritsugu confused with Kotomine, so I thought this entire episode was about him ._. So excuse the villain part.

Whenever I watched the episode, it seemed to me that Kiritsugu killed his dad in revenge for what happened to Shirley. While he was loading the bullets, he had a flash back of Shirley asking him what he wanted to be when he grew up, not of the other villagers/vampires. If it were because of the others, we would have seen a little more in the flashback - his friends and him playing basketball or something. Another reason why I think he killed his dad in revenge is because he gave Natalia a "petty" excuse. He could have easily let his dad live, and face whatever charges he was accused of.

Idk, that's just my take on it.

The flashback has a lot to do with the villagers,Shirley and his father.It isnt just about Shirley and him.

His father wouldnt go to prison.He would become a guinea pig of the Association.He actually did him a favor.And if Kiritsugu had it in him to let people like Noritaka live,he wouldnt become the Magus Killer.

Jan 16, 2014 4:08 AM

Dope episode, Kiritusgu reasoning is still shaky imo but the flashback gave the much needed background.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi

Jan 25, 2014 7:03 PM

A really great ep, i feel sorry for Kerry though. :( 6/5
I don't follow any of the threads that i'm in.

Jan 27, 2014 7:19 AM

I'm lucky I didn't have to wait for a week for this trash episode to air.

Jan 27, 2014 7:24 AM

Anon1409 said:
I'm lucky I didn't have to wait for a week for this trash episode to air.

Another flashback ep=trash post.

Good to know that backstories and char development are trash.

Feb 1, 2014 2:08 AM
Well, that was depressing. Really well done ep though, really enjoyed it. They did a good job of building up quite a bit of sympathy for Shirley before killing her.

Feb 14, 2014 3:26 PM

Dayum, that was a dark past...

Mar 18, 2014 5:34 PM
good episode. the woman with the shotgun reminded me of

*slight saya no uta spoilers*

Mar 29, 2014 5:39 PM

Interesting episode. So now we know a little more about Kiritusgu, and it looks as though the next one will be about the same theme. Looking forward to it.
And the very first Mage he kills is his own father...interesting.

Mar 31, 2014 10:45 PM

Damn. Killed his own father... and was very calm about it... scary. I liked how they didn't have the standard opening for this ep.

This show is like a series of magical fucked up things happening to people.
Modified by DaydreamHero, Mar 31, 2014 10:55 PM
Love and Peace!!!

Apr 1, 2014 12:37 AM

Thund3r1 said:
Damn. Killed his own father... and was very calm about it... scary. I liked how they didn't have the standard opening for this ep.

He wasnt calm.
He was gripping the gun so hard he couldnt let it go and also his answer to Natalia when she told him get his stuff.

Apr 1, 2014 11:38 PM

ssjokg said:
Thund3r1 said:

He wasnt calm.
He was gripping the gun so hard he couldnt let it go and also his answer to Natalia when she told him get his stuff.

I still say he was relatively calm for kid that stabs, then shoots his father. He didn't yell, he didn't scream, he didn't cry, he spoke quietly, clearly and with clear eyes he killed his father. He was probably very upset deep down, but what he showed was calm.
Love and Peace!!!

Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »