Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Major S2 Episode 15 Discussion

May 4, 2012 10:46 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Goro is just too cool. Luckily he didn't quit after that :D
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Jun 25, 2012 12:49 PM

Yeah, Goro is a pretty hard core guy. I've thought so since the season started but it's really been driven home in these last few episodes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jun 1, 2013 12:07 AM

Hell yeah Goro, way to stick it up their asses. Looks like someone is going to give it to Suo next time.

Aug 7, 2013 3:36 PM

I would've been really disappointed if Goro had quit there. He's really showing how seriously he wants to be an all rounder.

And it was really awesome of Toshiya to hand write the entire pitcher's handbook for Goro. He's a good friend.

Dec 8, 2013 5:53 PM

its so funny when they think he wasn't scouted, when he truly was.
I just can not get over the fact that hes only been a southpaw for 2 years. imagine how he would have been if he was pitching with his dominant hand....O.O
he'd be a beast!

Dec 11, 2013 10:24 PM

Nice! An all rounder Goro.

Mar 14, 2014 8:49 PM

I was worried that Goro would leave and join another underdog high school and Toshiya would remain his rival. Glad he came back with optimism, I desperately wanna see the day Toshiya and Goro become a battery.

May 28, 2014 8:06 AM

I feel like "YEAAAAAAAAAAH!" when Goro said "I love everything about baseball!" Ah! That was really cooool!

rebelakuma said:
Nice! An all rounder Goro.

THIS!
There's a limit to how much a person can improve on his own. Rivals acknowledge each other and compete to get better. That's why they can train so hard. That's why they continue to improve. And they will always far exceed our expectations. -Coach Kataoka (Diamond no Ace S2 8)

Dec 30, 2014 1:03 PM

I actually think Goro should quit. Surprised that this is the school Toshiya thought would be best for him to get scouted into the major leagues with. This school is not a school that creates professional ball players at all, but rather a school that forms a strong team with the intent of getting to Koshien. That is all fine and well but it has a huge flaw as well, a major league team isn't going to recruit the entire team, and by eliminating any sense of individual skill amongst the players, nobody is going to catch the eye of a scout. In other words it seems like joining Kaido is tantamount to forfeiting the chance to be scouted in high school.

I actually think that Goro and Toshiya should have left (Goro more than Toshiya, as Toshiya got his desired position and has the chance to learn alot), but Goro is wasting his time fielding instead of perfecting his pitching . . . This can potentially have negative results. If Kaidou doesn't want to help develop Goro's talents I see no reason why he is staying there, they are intentionally holding him back, that is not a school worth even attending. The only reason he should attend that school is if he wants to go to the Koshien, which I don't recall him really desiring, not nearly as much as becoming a pro anyways.

Feb 13, 2015 8:39 PM

im loving these past few episodes. The training camp is awesome!
i also commend this series for building the psychological tension to go with the entertainment quality. i can totally understand where the players are coming from when they want to quit, or when they're determined to overcome the odds by exceeding their normal capabilities. i especially loved this episode because you can feel the grief of trying to get the position you want to play. i can especially relate to this because the football training i had to go through before my freshman year in high school was pretty similar.

Jun 28, 2015 9:22 PM

Ohhh, Goro. You arrogant fuck. That's how we love you.

As it is right now, Kaido truly is not a place for Goro. Like the coach said, he's not made to be blindly following a manual and straight line to become a great player. That on the other hand have fixed him an interesting goal. And we all know he'll become a pitcher in the end. That mean he'll blow that game test away!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jul 22, 2015 2:27 AM

Aug 6, 2015 9:56 PM

More training, pretty interesting still.

Mar 23, 2016 1:15 AM

That director is a bit of an ass lol.

Apr 18, 2016 6:59 AM

He's not qualified to be a pitcher, I wasn't expecting that.

Aug 30, 2016 2:24 PM

It makes sense that he wasn't picked as a pitcher. He's really good at pitching, but his personality is really terrible for that. Remember how easy it was for Toshi to manipulate Goro in their previous match? It's obvious that he'll get back to his position, but wonder how his "career" will go at Kaido, considering they already have good pitchers.

This reminds me of Captain Tsubasa a bit. That one had a similar case where Tsubasa was forced to play a different, defense oriented position, while being a great attacker.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Aug 28, 2017 10:10 PM

Learning to be great all-around is one thing, but I'm not sure if Gorou should spend too much time at Kaidou if he isn't going to become a pitcher there. The one thing that has me thinking it might be okay is because Toshiya hand-copied the entire pitching manual for him (what a good friend!), so he can still be improving there in the meantime.

But if Kaidou really does stick to it and leave Gorou in his outfielder position for more than one season, then I'd say he's probably better off going elsewhere. Not devoting enough time to pitching can make a world of a difference if he wants to go pro and or go even further and make the Majors. Kaidou is about winning, not creating incredible players, as his coach said.

Dec 17, 2017 8:29 AM

One thing I really like is that one can't be sure which course it's going to take.

Gorou is taking the challenge, will be really awesome to see if he can change Kaidou or not,he has to,otherwise he won't unleash his true potential.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jan 17, 2018 12:32 AM
originanime

LOL easy work for Shimizu. After seeing Goro's pitches these woman must be slow af!

Also happy for Goro in this episode because he showed some growth in his attitude.

Mar 4, 12:47 PM

The best definition of Goro has to be "monster". That natural talent is insane.

But Goro, please, it cringes me so hard when Goro comes a big mouth with a big smile on his face and challenges other people without any respect. I always see Goro losing, that would be a real shame.

Good thing he starts to play in the outfield. At first I kinda wished to see Goro becoming the position of a pitcher. But on second thought it makes more sense to let Goro play at other positions aswell. As Goro by himself said: the best player is an allrounder.

Toshi is such a nice friend. Cant believe I disliked him during the last game against Goro... well, he acted like an asshole, but still hes such a nice friend.

Goro got the ball in the dark! Good job ma boy!

Good to see that Goro thought about his future and decided to stay. The coach seems to be a nice guy aswell.
My only regret is having regrets!