Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 5, 2012 5:08 AM

Oct 2008
kaimax said:
Knave said:
Very boring. I saw this script 500 times before.

Liar. how can you "saw" a script 500 times when you've only watched 224 titles.

Exaggeration.

www.dictionary.com
May 5, 2012 6:09 AM
Jun 2008
hmm... I wonder which part that u all people mentioned are cliche .
Can you guys list it out, I am kinda blind >.< lol
May 5, 2012 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
Ultra cliche but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

At the end I was like please don't cliffhanger her name, please don't.

AND THEY CLIFFHANGER HER NAME. WHY. D:
May 5, 2012 6:40 AM

Jun 2008
z4yd said:
AND THEY CLIFFHANGER HER NAME. WHY. D:

Just a kind warning, You won't get to know her name, Even when the LN is at Vol 11.

Knave said:
kaimax said:
Knave said:

Exaggeration.
http://www.dictionary.com

Think of a smarter line next time.

Honestly, saying things is cliched when you only watch 200-animes.. Faceplam.
I'm at 700-ish animes, and I don't call "similar" animes Cliched.
I just call them "Similar", duh.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
May 5, 2012 6:43 AM

Mar 2008
Thosse wings are pretty cool... sleek and modern yet pretty
May 5, 2012 6:45 AM
Jun 2008

HAAHAHAH The guy with the laptop won't be appearing after this episode due to some complaint of his voice. MAL doesn't seems to have much concern about that.

traed said:
Thosse wings are pretty cool... sleek and modern yet pretty

ya, I like his new wingz >.<"
MorningGloryMay 5, 2012 6:49 AM
May 5, 2012 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
kaimax said:
Knave said:

Hyperbole.

This episode was epic to be honest, the fight was okay, the wings were epic. Taku was a bit mad but hey, jealousy XD.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 5, 2012 6:57 AM

Jun 2008
Immahnoob said:
kaimax said:
Knave said:

Hyperbole..

Facepalm, nice follow through bub.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mocking

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
May 5, 2012 6:57 AM
Feb 2012
Calling episode #5 amazing would be a freakin' understatement. Glorious fight Haru had and he was finally able to man up and protect his princess. I guess I don't need to mention how breathtakingly cool Black Lotus and Silver Crow looked together? Time for the rebellion. Time to strike back. Haru, Kuroyukihime- time to kick some ass! 5/5

Oh and that cliffhanger yet again. >-<
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 5, 2012 7:11 AM

Apr 2012
kaimax said:
Immahnoob said:
kaimax said:
Knave said:

Hyperbole..

Guess why I didn't notice you were mocking him?

Because it was really bad.

Autocrat said:
May 5, 2012 7:19 AM

Jul 2011
awesome episode, unlike the manga i could feel the emotions of the fight and it was so much cooler and epic, i love the way silver crow loses his arm and carries on kicking ass and then loses his leg and flys high, it was lie the ending theme where he still carries on accelerating/fighting/going even after getting the crap beaten out of him

Also i just realized that Tin Man is voiced by Kawahara Reki LOL thats HILARIOUS XDD i never thought the original creator of the Epic Sword Art Online and Accel World would become a seiyu in his own anime

i love this anime and i hope it will continue to be amazing
May 5, 2012 7:31 AM

Feb 2008
Kuroyukihime's duel avatar was rather cool, loved the duel itself as well.
May 5, 2012 7:32 AM

Sep 2008
Intense.

I knew they were gonna cut the episode before she says her name.
May 5, 2012 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
That was a great episode. Nice mix of action and drama. Loved it :D

;___; And still I gotta say love that Haru x Kuroyuki pairing. Beautiful.
May 5, 2012 8:04 AM
Oct 2011
great episode :D
and kuroyukihime-senpai duel avatar is Coooool XD
May 5, 2012 8:47 AM

Jan 2012
kaimax said:
Immahnoob said:
kaimax said:
Knave said:

Hyperbole..

Mr. "bitch about trivial things". You can't speak english at all. Just because you play with words and use word "similar" instead of "cliche" doesn't make your statement any more valid. You know. Having 700 animes completed instead of 200 doesn't deepen your knowledge in such ways where you can expect other people to be inferior to you in terms of knowledge. Some people just need to repeat the same text 10 times before they can absorb the information while for some people, you just have to do it once. Stop picking fights and declaring yourself a winner in an argument just by stating the difference in the amount of anime you have consumed compared to the one you are arguing with.

Beign fan boy is fine but not beign able to handle criticism is just childish.
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
May 5, 2012 8:52 AM

Apr 2012
jogiin said:

Mr. "bitch about trivial things". You can't speak english at all. Just because you play with words and use word "similar" instead of "cliche" doesn't make your statement any more valid. You know. Having 700 animes completed instead of 200 doesn't deepen your knowledge in such ways where you can expect other people to be inferior to you in terms of knowledge. Some people just need to repeat the same text 10 times before they can absorb the information while for some people, you just have to do it once. Stop picking fights and declaring yourself a winner in an argument just by stating the difference in the amount of anime you have consumed compared to the one you are arguing with.

Even if i don't like how kaimax tried to "mock" (he even did a bad job there), I don't agree with Knave either.

You shouldn't write such a big wall of text for such an idiot. Makes you look worse than him (as writing so much says that you care).

Autocrat said:
May 5, 2012 9:16 AM

Jan 2012
Immahnoob said:
jogiin said:

Even if i don't like how kaimax tried to "mock" (he even did a bad job there), I don't agree with Knave either.

You shouldn't write such a big wall of text for such an idiot. Makes you look worse than him (as writing so much says that you care).

Basicly I enjoy having pointless conflicts especially with slightly retarded people who are too full of themselves. Don't ask why but it's my hobby.
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
May 5, 2012 9:21 AM

Dec 2011
That was a nice fight but the episode looked better in the preview from last week. Im dissapointed in the fact they cut the episode right before Kuroyukhime was going to say his first name.
May 5, 2012 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
jogiin said:
Immahnoob said:
jogiin said:

Basicly I enjoy having pointless conflicts especially with slightly retarded people who are too full of themselves. Don't ask why but it's my hobby.

Haha! Me too with people that lack intelligence! XD It seems we have something in common, we waste our time.

Autocrat said:
May 5, 2012 9:37 AM
Jun 2008
=.=" what a friendly argument....

Anyway, the flower(buds) that Haru brought for Kuroyukihime is actually called Lindsey Woods.It is a black lotus lol
Aug 2011
Silver crow, I thought that avatar would eventually be able to fly. I also assumed that Kuroyukihime was already able too, but, I never thought it would be such a big deal. It is a virtual world after all.

Feb 2012
Easily best episode so far, the fight seemed a bit short but was awesome, those wings really made it.

Sometimes I wish Haru would shut the hell up, it's not his appearance but his way of thinking that pisses me off. Taku made his points and you can't deny that they are true no matter what he has done and Haru didn't realize any of that and still tries to be the guy who knows Chiyu better. Thank god, we are beyond that point.

The thing about her name, wasn't neither mentioned in the manga nor in the LNs as I have read here but why is it such a big deal, it's just a name?

So, this is definitely based on the LNs, right?
May 5, 2012 9:39 AM

Aug 2011
I wonder what this anime would be like if the MC wasn't a small midget fatty, but a normal 1m80 fatty :-D
May 5, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
MorningGlory said:

Anyway, the flower(buds) that Haru brought for Kuroyukihime is actually called Lindsey Woods.It is a black lotus lol

D: Y U NO SERIOUS?

Where could he find such flowers that would fit so well anyways? XD

Autocrat said:
May 5, 2012 10:01 AM
Dec 2011
I'm really enjoying this series thus far! Great episode!
May 5, 2012 10:22 AM
Jun 2008
Immahnoob said:
MorningGlory said:

D: Y U NO SERIOUS?

Where could he find such flowers that would fit so well anyways? XD
buy from shop perhaps...
Future flower shop sell all sort of rare flower that nowadays shop doesn't sell =P
May 5, 2012 10:23 AM
Jan 2011
Oh, so without wings Mr. Little Piggy is useless.
Nasty001May 5, 2012 10:39 AM
May 5, 2012 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
So Taku's punishment was to lose access to his girlfriend's backdoor. Harsh.
May 5, 2012 11:14 AM

Mar 2010
This was an interesting episode. I hope the show starts to pick up from here!
May 5, 2012 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
Cool episode! Awesome figth!

Wings FTW!

5/5 easily!
May 5, 2012 11:15 AM

Apr 2012
Marius2005 said:

Hahahaha. But really, being jealous because they used that goddamn cable and because Haru is so pathetic that Chiyu gives him attention because they know for ages o.O.

Woah, that's stupid IMO.

Autocrat said:
May 5, 2012 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
is her name really considered a spoiler? i guess this IS from the same guy that made SAO

but damn that was still a b--- move they did about her name. i didnt really think a name would be that important.
but if he's gonna have to start saying it, than i guess we'll know next week.

May 5, 2012 12:47 PM

Mar 2012
She is alive!!!
Black lotus is so cool ^^
May 5, 2012 1:05 PM

Oct 2008
-1 Taku's giant hate of Haruyuki was really over the top. Suddenly Taku just wants to crush everything that his best friend holds dear and important to him. I know that he was internalizing these feelings beforehand, but it really was way over the top. He also had this massive inferiority complex despite being so successful in real life. I'm not a fan of jarring and extremely sudden character changes.
-3 Taku leaving Haruyuki with 1 hp and in the last moment of despair, gains a new ability and seems to be able to shrug off the damage and beating that he took. Ugh. The typical out of nowhere comeback.
-1 In general a very typical shonuen plot progression. We have Taku begging for his life when he was lifted into the air, suddenly is able to understand what Haruyuki was saying from the beginning and tries to atone via a "noble" sacrifice. -_____- It's just... so generic in execution.
-1 I still don't like the fact that this "program" is literally a kid's game and these errors can be patched out. Add to the fact that losing simply means not being able to use the program, there just isn't this sense of danger and risk.

+1 for kuroyukihime's name kept secret
+10

5/5
OmniknightMay 5, 2012 1:08 PM
May 5, 2012 2:06 PM

Oct 2011
I've never expected Haru to ask him about joining forces.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2012 2:28 PM
Oct 2010
Marius2005 said:
Well, it just means that the next time he wants to use it, he needs to ask her nicely. XD

Pun aside, there was indeed a huge difference in punishments between his and the what the one who gave him the program got... Oh, I get it. It was a licensed program, so the one getting the harshest punishment would be the distributor of the pirated software... now it makes sense... <_<
Zhou said:
Sometimes I wish Haru would shut the hell up, it's not his appearance but his way of thinking that pisses me off. Taku made his points and you can't deny that they are true no matter what he has done and Haru didn't realize any of that and still tries to be the guy who knows Chiyu better. Thank god, we are beyond that point.
Really, don't get me started. In the end it all came to deciding who was "right" according to who won the fight, arguments be damned (though they were mostly pretty lame anyways).
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 5, 2012 2:41 PM

Jan 2012
Really good episode. We are finally seeing the mc become more likable. He is growing a backbone now. His avatar is also pretty cool with wings.
May 5, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2011
Great episode with lots of action this was too great full stop
May 5, 2012 3:33 PM

Oct 2008
Immahnoob said:
jogiin said:
Immahnoob said:
jogiin said:

Haha! Me too with people that lack intelligence! XD It seems we have something in common, we waste our time.

What exactly did you disagree with me on? I did see this same script and execution play out many times before. Are you calling me a liar in that aspect?
May 5, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
Njs_Fluffy said:
The map was a lot more awesome than in the manga :D

Why compare it to the manga when the source is a LN?

Also, awesome episode, I knew Haru was going to be a great MC because he was so odd.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 5, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2011
Guess the "Crow" part of the name really did have significance after all.
May 5, 2012 5:22 PM
Mar 2012
God Dammit Haru Is To Damn Strong hahaha One Hit KO Much

But Them Wings Impressive Much haha
Great Episode And Fights But Man I Wanna Know Kuroyukihime's Real Name So Badly Hahaha
May 5, 2012 5:37 PM
Jun 2008
Knave said:

What exactly did you disagree with me on? I did see this same script and execution play out many times before. Are you calling me a liar in that aspect?
tell me.. which Anime has the same scrip like Accel world .
May 5, 2012 6:25 PM

Oct 2008
MorningGlory said:
Knave said:

tell me.. which Anime has the same scrip like Accel world .

This is an episode discussion. I was obviously referring to the whole cliche business we saw happen in this episode. Calling it "same script" is a gross exaggeration, and anyone with half a brain would know what i meant.
May 5, 2012 6:49 PM
Jun 2008
now you are referring the word "same scrip/Cliche" are just exaggeration.
I only have one quarter brain and I think this is funny .
May 5, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
MorningGlory said:
now you are referring the word "same scrip/Cliche" are just exaggeration.
I only have one quarter brain and I think this is funny .

Do you even know what a gross exaggeration is? It became a term because it's used a lot. I never said calling it cliche was a gross exaggeration, but calling it "same scripT" is. I don't see why you're having so much trouble understanding this.

"I only have one quarter brain and I think this is funny ."

Oh, my bad.
May 5, 2012 7:02 PM
Dec 2008
Not bad. Better than last episode at least. There are still some ankward scenes though :S
May 5, 2012 7:09 PM
Apr 2012
Bleh when someone is rooting for the "enemy" you know an anime is doing it wrong.Guess I'll play devils advocate.

Taku/Cyan Pile pretty much summed up a pretty normal reaction. I doubt lots of folks here have been in a situation where your girlfriend is "crushing" (I use that term very loosely) on someone.

Its a very strange situation. You know that shes your girlfriend and all that. But seeing her act friendly to someone else different from how she'd act with you puts you on edge. I'm guessing it wasn't much of a big deal before because the way Haru was treating Chiyu they would've feel out of friendship (If only). But as luck would have it Haru suddenly becomes a burst linker and holy shit got the alpha idol of school. Chiyu's suddenly become all moe for him and Taku is second fiddle.

Well screw that man. Taku was nipping this shit in the bud. Jeez een in victory I can't stand haru's luck.

Once again thanks for posting the quick read summary. Saves me wasting 23 minutes.
May 5, 2012 7:21 PM
Jun 2008
Knave said:

Do you even know what a gross exaggeration is? It became a term because it's used a lot. I never said calling it cliche was a gross exaggeration, but calling it "same scripT" is. I don't see why you're having so much trouble understanding this.
so.... "same script(exaggeration )" =/= cliche

Maybe I misunderstood the word Cliche.

To be honest, people saying the episode Cliche without referring to which part really annoy me sometimes.It felt like you are saying "the whole episode(include the story)" are just a rip off from another story.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.