Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2008 4:09 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One more!

Actually, it wasn't that bad though.
Sep 17, 2008 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
waiting for subs >.<
Sep 17, 2008 4:21 PM

Oct 2007
still in fillers?

hate it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2008 7:51 PM

Feb 2008
hehe well it turn out predicitably. so are they going back to the previous story line now? for some reason i dont care about the whole aizen story line anymore. they can drop it entirely and i wouldnt be all that disapointed.
Sep 17, 2008 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
Just got the dattebayo sub. Finally we get a good fight in these spoilers. and if i'm not mistaken, the filters are going to end, and we'll be back into the less interesting, normal storyline on october 7th, and bleach will be aired on Tuesdays starting then?
Sep 17, 2008 8:24 PM

Mar 2008
next episode will be aired on oct 7th 6PM
the next episode SHOULD conclude the filler arc and move on to something else?

as for this episode...the battle is okay...Amagi looks funny swinging that big ass bankai of his...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2008 8:40 PM
Apr 2008
Amagai looks like Broly from Dragonball Z on the end part xDDD
Sep 17, 2008 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
Hell ya finally a kick ass fight! Too bad its going to carry onto the next episode, which I'm pretty sure we all know whats gonna happen.

3 weeks till new air time. Does that mean another three weeks of fillers? Or is the next episode last of the fillers? Hopefully the story returns within two weeks to finish up this arc.

Don't rush ending this arc, finish it good, and leave no questions unanswered. That is how it should be.
Signature Here.
Sep 17, 2008 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
disappointed about the fight its boring and irrelevant
o well im glad it be back to the original arc soon
Sep 17, 2008 9:28 PM

Apr 2008
The story will get back in gear right in time for all of the new fall anime to start.

I didn't think 188 was bad. I can't stand Amagai so I wish his Bakkoutou would swallow him up already. XD Hearing Nel's voice was reassuring. :P Can't wait to get back to the main story again. It's been so long...*sniff sniff*...
Sep 17, 2008 9:37 PM
Jun 2008
good fight scene. Ready for the old story line.
Sep 17, 2008 9:47 PM

May 2008
msw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
One more!

That's true it was not bad it was
good.
Sep 17, 2008 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
i've been on a bleach "strike" since ep 175, read all the the episode reviews and jumped to this one today. im just happy that its almost over
Sep 17, 2008 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
good fight seance but so much talking

I didnt know that ichigo could stay in the vizard form for 20min+
Sep 17, 2008 11:05 PM

Jan 2008
next episode is the last in the filler arc. i figured there would be a wait for them to return to the old arc but three weeks? argh! i'm gonna die without my bleach every week. >,< but at least i can live with the fact that we'll be returning to the original storyline.

still wondering how they are going to explain Genryuusai seeing his Visored/Hollow form when technically he's not back from Huenco Mundo yet. O.o but overall it wasn't a bad ep.
kie_ said:
i know right? thou i don't think that when we return to the original it will be for that long.

Sep 17, 2008 11:10 PM

Nov 2007
really? people likied it. i felt like poking myself in the eye for this one. this last two episodes were really bad imo. everyone is watching. yami finally opens his eyes when ichigo goes into hollow form. somehow rukia knows about it.....which she shouldnt bc noone ever told her.

i dont know how to do spoiler tags but i would put in the screenshot of amagai's weapon at the beginning because it reminded me of either a piece of pink ham or the shrimp when you eat sushi.
Sep 17, 2008 11:20 PM

Sep 2007
kie_ said:
good fight seance but so much talking

Ichigo was in Vaizard form for pretty long when he was fighting Grimmjow.
Sep 18, 2008 1:52 AM
Aug 2008
ichigo had on that hollow mask for a VERY long time. He knows he has a time limit, but he enjoys wasting time listening to Amagai, but whatever its filler.

I also love how Yami was just chillin' there like the whole episode
Sep 18, 2008 2:36 AM
Jan 2008
If the timeline's placed after they rescued Orihime. Then it's not that far-fetched he had his hollow mask on for 20+ minutes? Though anime time dosen't equal real life time.

Crazy_Eights said:
yami finally opens his eyes when ichigo goes into hollow form. somehow rukia knows about it.....which she shouldnt bc noone ever told her.

I'm very sure she saw him fighting Grimmijow. (First fight.)
Sep 18, 2008 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
for some moments amagai looked like a monkey... i thought of him as a creature from the sea too. those bakkoutou thingys are fugly!
Sep 18, 2008 5:50 AM

Aug 2007
Gah, no Shinigami's Cup this time. Only one filler episode left and then we're finally back to the Hueco Mundo arc. Ichigo or Yamamoto-taichou will beat Amagai, Lolichiyo (I know that it's Lurichiyo =.=) will be save with her two bodyguards and Rukia and Ichigo return to Earth and will be back in Hueco Mundo in no time. Looking forward to see Nel again.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 18, 2008 6:54 AM

Oct 2007
kisami said:
hehe well it turn out predicitably. so are they going back to the previous story line now? for some reason i dont care about the whole aizen story line anymore. they can drop it entirely and i wouldnt be all that disapointed.

Yes. Ichigo will once again use the magical staff of teleportation which can be only activated when fillers end or start.

This was one crappy filler arc that i made me skip so damn many bleach episodes. -.-
Finally we can get back to the good old exciting part of bleach. I hope no more staffs of teleportation will be used in the future. :(
Sep 18, 2008 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
This may sounds like it's starting a flame war, but I like this better then Hueco Mundo...
~de Arimasu
Sep 18, 2008 7:34 AM

Oct 2007
Wyvr said:
This may sounds like it's starting a flame war, but I like this better then Hueco Mundo...

flame war from what?
because people have diffrent opinions and tastes?

This is same as
A: i liked the bounto filler arc
B: that bounto arc was really bad

I wonder what or whom our opinions help. :/ Maybe only the people who want to stick with the majority to be cool would gain something from this.

I would like it more if the arcs and the main story would be split. Arcs should be side stories, each with its own title.
This way people would vote each filler arc after their own likings and the original story would get its own rating. This should fix a lot of problems and we would have more realistic ratings.
What do you think about this?
Sep 18, 2008 8:13 AM
Jun 2008
I dun like how they just brushed off his hollow transformation, like wtf..only inoue has even seen in int he manga..no one else...and no one should even know about it honestly..save for his Dad..and Urahara..
Sep 18, 2008 8:13 AM

Jun 2008
I'm guessing they are going to do an hour special, because wiki has the esp 189 airing on Oct 7th and that is still under "The New Captain Shūsuke Amagai arc" and like hell they will screw us for 3 weeks only to end the fillers, so lets hope that 190 will be aired right after 189. But either way..code geass and naruto will keep me satisfied for the 3 weeks.
Sep 18, 2008 8:17 AM
Sep 2008
Peralisc said:
because people have diffrent opinions and tastes?

This is same as
A: i liked the bounto filler arc
B: that bounto arc was really bad

Bounto was bad. but im am liking this arc.

my top 3 are:
-The Substitute
-The Arrancar
-The New Captain Shūsuke Amagai

anyway... best thing i can say about this ep was you could see the mask coming out but yet he still didnt bring it out fast enough, ive been waiting for this ep all week and just watched it after finishing a different series. i dont want to bother starting the 2nd series of that now. i want to see that battle last for another 1-2 eps.

but i would love to see some more of the fully released hollow you see when he first gets the mask.
and a random youtube just googled
Sep 18, 2008 8:53 AM
Mar 2008
kisami said:
hehe well it turn out predicitably.

Indeed. I had already mentioned my point of view in the Episode 187 Discussion: it was obvious that Ichigo's Vizard form would pop up to save the day. This episode didn't really contribute at all to the story, they didn't say anything us viewers didn't know or expect.

AznSensation said:
Amagai looks like Broly from Dragonball Z on the end part xDDD

Amagai did actually resemble Brolly in this episode, I second that.

R1seAgainst said:
disappointed about the fight its boring and irrelevant

I agree with that; the fight was missing action, it was dull and boring. I miss those times when Ichigo fought with Zaraki and the other captains in the Substitute Shinigami Arc, or when Ulquiorra Schiffer appeared.

Grimmm said:
XD Hearing Nel's voice was reassuring.

Yes!!!! I am dying to see Nel in her real form XD!

kie_ said:

I was wondering that myself. Last I knew, he could only last up to 10 seconds, or such, with it. Yes, there was Grimmjow vs. Ichigo's fight, where he lasted up for quite a while with his mask, but he had to re-make it a couple of times; he had a limit.

tominator4444 said:
I also love how Yami was just chillin' there like the whole episode

Haha, not only that, but the rest of the captains are SLOW! Weren't they heading towards the Captain-Commander's room right at the end of the last episode?! Where are they, got lost?!

Peralisc said:
I would like it more if the arcs and the main story would be split. Arcs should be side stories, each with its own title.
This way people would vote each filler arc after their own likings and the original story would get its own rating. This should fix a lot of problems and we would have more realistic ratings.
What do you think about this?

That is a good idea, specially for the 'realistic rating' problem, but it would only be beneficial for us, Bleach fans. Most of the Arcs wouldn't have as many viewers as the original series, and it would be reflected in the company's profit.

Overall, this arc has made me stop liking Bleach like I used to. This fight between Amagai and Ichigo has been very weak and disappointing. The inclusion of the Captain Commander and the rest of Gotei 13 was just for show, they haven't been important at all for the development of the arch, nor have they done anything interesting or fun.

Hopefully the main storyline will be back soon, with all the action and good fighting scenes Bleach used to have.

I support brief, condensed anime reviews!
Sep 18, 2008 8:57 AM

Oct 2007
it was ok i guess, and its only me or ichigo sounded like a toy of a gun when he was in his vaizard form?from when he sound like that,he did made some weird voices but not that awful and not all the time.-_-'
Sep 18, 2008 9:08 AM

Feb 2008
DragonsWhip said:
Gah, no Shinigami's Cup this time.

The only thing i look forward to during the bleach episodes and they are gone... My heart stopped for a sec.

Then i just switch back to normal anime viewing spree mode again.
Sep 18, 2008 9:17 AM

May 2008
Not bad, Amagai looked awesome in some moments in other moments he looked like his face was completely disfigured
Sep 18, 2008 10:01 AM

May 2007
msw said:
One more!

Yeah, it wasn't that bad but i'm looking forward to getting back to the normal storyline.
Sep 18, 2008 1:21 PM

Aug 2008
yukihime said:
still wondering how they are going to explain Genryuusai seeing his Visored/Hollow form when technically he's not back from Huenco Mundo yet. O.o but overall it wasn't a bad ep.

So true! xD I was also wondering about that...After all, they don't know in Soul Society about Ichigo's Vizard powers. I think most of them don't even know what a Vizard is...And it's, well, a hollow form, so there would be much to explain...Or Captain Commander would just pretend he haven't seen anything xD

wolfsrainXD said:
for some moments amagai looked like a monkey... i thought of him as a creature from the sea too. those bakkoutou thingys are fugly!

Yeah, they're a bit in Mayuri style xD

erwinmm89 said:
Haha, not only that, but the rest of the captains are SLOW! Weren't they heading towards the Captain-Commander's room right at the end of the last episode?! Where are they, got lost?!

Well, in last episode they learned about Amagai and his treachery and they were just happily chatting about it. Hmm, maybe now they're contemplating all these explosions...Or calculating costs of next rebuilding xD

Well, it really wasn't THAT bad (except the fact that it's rather pointless...), but I hope next episode will really end this filler...

The best shape for an angel! ;)

Sep 18, 2008 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
Sep 18, 2008 1:48 PM
Dec 2007
AceSoldia said:
I dun like how they just brushed off his hollow transformation, like wtf..only inoue has even seen in int he manga..no one else...and no one should even know about it honestly..save for his Dad..and Urahara..
Byakuya knows about it, since Hollow Ichigo was who screwed him up after regular Ichigo got himself self-ko'ed (literally, since his Bankai's speed crushed his bones). Why Byakuya never seemed to mention it afterwards? Guess he repaid him the favor of saving Rukia while he still held on to the honor of following the rules.

The truth is that you should treat this arc exactly as you would treat a Bleach movie. There's no real place for it in the timeline, and they didn't bother to make one for it. Considering all the inconsistencies with the main plot, I doubt we will get much IF any elements carried on (unlike the Bount arc), and there will be nothing to remind us that it ever existed. So treat it as a null element and all the pain will go away.

BTW, I still don't get it. They didn't literally say next episode was in October from what I understood. They just mentioned Bleach was getting a new timeslot from October 7 on, and considering the Hueco Mundo scenes on the announcement it seems obvious that they meant we are back to Hueco Mundo that week. So, are we getting filler episodes the two weeks prior to that one then? Guess we are getting the fight's conclusion next week then the arc closure after that.

Sep 18, 2008 1:59 PM

Apr 2007
Amagai's sadistic little chuckle at the end made the episode for me.
Sep 18, 2008 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
Overall it was a nice episode, can't wait to get out of this filler arc.. 3 weeks without bleach though :(! Anyways, I really hated the new sounds Ichigo makes in Vizard form.
Sep 18, 2008 3:03 PM

Dec 2007
so-so episode. And the sound Ichigo was making while he had his mask on reminded me of Gekka from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki >.>
Sep 18, 2008 3:03 PM

Jan 2008
Lailerosse said:
yukihime said:

So true! xD I was also wondering about that...After all, they don't know in Soul Society about Ichigo's Vizard powers. I think most of them don't even know what a Vizard is...And it's, well, a hollow form, so there would be much to explain...Or Captain Commander would just pretend he haven't seen anything xD
Leon-Gun said:
Byakuya knows about it, since Hollow Ichigo was who screwed him up after regular Ichigo got himself self-ko'ed (literally, since his Bankai's speed crushed his bones). Why Byakuya never seemed to mention it afterwards? Guess he repaid him the favor of saving Rukia while he still held on to the honor of following the rules.

Byakuya may know about the mysterious form but whether he actually knows that it is a hollow form or even knows of Visoreds is still a question that has yet to be answered. it's also unknown as to whether Soul Society even has knowledge of the Visoreds' existence. on top of that, i would think that his reiatsu would give him away seeing as how they can at least tell a Shinigami's reiatsu from a hollow's.

Sep 18, 2008 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
yukihime said:
Byakuya may know about the mysterious form but whether he actually knows that it is a hollow form or even knows of Visoreds is still a question that has yet to be answered. it's also unknown as to whether Soul Society even has knowledge of the Visoreds' existence. on top of that, i would think that his reiatsu would give him away seeing as how they can at least tell a Shinigami's reiatsu from a hollow's.

Byakuya doesn't know what it exactly was and even if he does... well, he's not the type who would walk around gossiping about strange forms Substitute Shinigami can take. Well, maybe Mayuri knows something about hollowfication, but he-on the other hand- is not the type who likes sharing information (so where the hell could Amagai hear about that? o.O). So...yes, practically noone knows about it. And guy, who they made substitute Shinigami, having hollow reiatsu could be a shock xD

TheMoonShinigami said:
Overall it was a nice episode, can't wait to get out of this filler arc.. 3 weeks without bleach though :(! Anyways, I really hated the new sounds Ichigo makes in Vizard form.

Yes. I always kind of liked masked Ichigo's voice but... why the hell he was pretending a turkey in this episode?! o.O
LailerosseSep 18, 2008 5:12 PM

Sep 18, 2008 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
I was seriously bothered by Ichigo's BOING BOING voice in Hollow form. Way to ruin awesomeness.
And yeah, the end looked like something from Dragonball.

Wonder if Amagai will be blonde in the next episode.
Sep 18, 2008 9:52 PM

Feb 2008
Disappointing episode.Boring, generic fight scene with a ton of worthless babble.And once again, Ichigo's hollowfication limit is tossed away.

But then again, this is bleach.
Sep 18, 2008 9:53 PM
Jun 2008
Boring predictiable episode. Lets make another prediction, Amagai will be consumed by the bakkoutou when he release its full power, ichigo goes home meets his vizard friends and we continue from there.
Sep 18, 2008 11:04 PM

Aug 2007
AceSoldia said:

Seriously. -.-

This episode was meh. Made me want to poke out both of my eyes and my roommate's. The fight was boring. Its probably going to end with Amagai being consumed by the bakkoutou or however you spell that crap.

And back to Huecco Mundo we go... hopefully after the next episode. o.o

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 19, 2008 4:46 AM

Jan 2008
Gotta agree the v-v-v-vmm sounds by hollow Ichigo was really weird.

When the jets of flames started shooting out from the ground and Ichigo was dodging them, the 20th Century Fox tune started playing in my head and I burst out laughing. (Hey, they looked more like spotlights to me! XP)
Sep 19, 2008 8:35 AM
Apr 2008
i don't know how could the old man just stand there for the whole ep
Sep 19, 2008 9:14 AM
Nov 2007
I hated this episode. wtf why does soo many people like it!?

1. They made ichigo's bankai weak as fuck. (i know its filler, but c'mon give it the proper respect)

2. The voice during his hollowfication? horrible. they shud seriously tone it down.

3. Omfg, the worst bit >> they made his Hollow form weak aswell, he can barely put up a fight with that retard captain, moving what? a couple of yards for the fight?

compare this to episode 166 and 167 thereabouts between ichigo and grimjow and u'll really c the problem.

I dont know about the rest of the people out there, but for me, when ichigo goes hollow form, its ALWAYS "EPIC" nice quick bloody fights, couple of nice "getsuga tenshou's" flying here and there. knocking people half a mile across the battleground...not this...not a childs playfight. sorry but get the proper series back in, SOON!
Sep 19, 2008 9:20 AM

Oct 2007
not a bad episode but hopefully it will go back to the manga storyling soon >.<
Sep 19, 2008 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
Is it just me or does Ichigo seem weaker in his Hollow form than he was before? I preferred it when he couldn't control his Hollow.

And what was with all those pinball sounds Ichigo was making? Way to ruin the fight >.<
Sep 19, 2008 10:07 AM

Aug 2008
myexodus said:
Is it just me or does Ichigo seem weaker in his Hollow form than he was before? I preferred it when he couldn't control his Hollow.

No, he just isn't such psychopatic as Hollow within him itself xD I miss these uncontrolled hollowfications...

Coatlicue said:
3. Omfg, the worst bit >> they made his Hollow form weak aswell, he can barely put up a fight with that retard captain, moving what? a couple of yards for the fight?

compare this to episode 166 and 167 thereabouts between ichigo and grimjow and u'll really c the problem.

I dont know about the rest of the people out there, but for me, when ichigo goes hollow form, its ALWAYS "EPIC" nice quick bloody fights, couple of nice "getsuga tenshou's" flying here and there. knocking people half a mile across the battleground...not this...not a childs playfight. sorry but get the proper series back in, SOON!

That's true...I don't know how Ichigo could lost so much from his mask in this fight. It's almost te same as in fight with Grimmjow, and, really...Grimmjow would beat this lame so-called captain Amagai to the ground with one hand -.-

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.