Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2012 1:13 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Since episode 49 is a clip show, this is the actual finale, and it's a good one.

It's appropriate for it to focus on the human core of the series; Nube's love for his students, in the person of Kyouko, who's always seemed to like and trust in him the most.

It's really nice to see a series, any series, depict warm and kind human relationships other than romantic love, which has become quite the cliche. Not that this series doesn't have any, but it wisely knows that ending with one of Nube's beloved students embracing him is the way to go.

This episode also does a rather good job at melancholy and anxiety, not things you usually see in a kid's action show.

It took a while, but this series really grew into itself. This is the strong ending it deserves. That exhibition of all the characters over the opening theme was a cute send-off.
Jan 17, 2016 2:26 PM

Jul 2015
What a nice ending, I totally agree with the post above.

It was a good show overall. Some chapters have really good morals and that's always a great point.
All the characters are likeable, even Tamamo who was first shown as the main villain but as the series progressed, he became more human and even starts to help Nube in a few moments.

The action was great, the monsters were original and full of creativity, the anime was fucking hilarious at some times...
8/10, I simply can't give it less than that. Of all the series that I watched as a kid, this could easily be my favorite.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Mar 8, 2016 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
I have just been disappointed they did not adapt the Nube and Yukime wedding.
Aug 10, 2017 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
Any romance in this show?
Feb 3, 2019 7:56 PM

Apr 2009
i can't stop gawking at the thought that Tamamo would end up as a kindergarten teacher....
......like, wtf happened _xD

still, one more episode to go, then the movies and OVAs -w-
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 23, 2020 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
They've committed a major crime by botching Izuna's OL design.

Watching Christmas Cake Kyouko break down when she realizes how much she misses her youth, because it literally was just yesterday, was a pretty powerful moment. A sudden realization that you're youth has passed you by...that shit's brutal. On the other hand, as adults I think sometimes our childhood can seem a little too close in time.

However for a show about elementary school kids, meant for kids, I think they did a great job with making this the final episode. I'm not sure if I would have appreciated it as a kid though.
syncrogazerJan 23, 2020 7:55 PM
Jul 6, 2021 11:10 PM
Jul 2014
For an episodic series, that was a really good ending.

More topics from this board

» Help: Hell Teacher Nube filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Apr 7

0 by JoNuttanon1994 »»
Apr 7, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Sensei Nube Episode 44 Discussion

Fronzel - May 1, 2012

1 by FreezingKaiju »»
May 24, 2022 2:15 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Sensei Nube Episode 42 Discussion

Humstolfoza - May 14, 2014

1 by FreezingKaiju »»
Jan 18, 2022 2:55 AM

» IS NUBE EVEN REMOTELY AN ETHICAL TEACHER?

FreezingKaiju - Jan 18, 2022

0 by FreezingKaiju »»
Jan 18, 2022 2:07 AM

» How much of the manga does the anime adapt?

tr25a3 - Feb 4, 2021

1 by NickTheGreek »»
Feb 4, 2021 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.