Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2012 10:49 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kinda expected him to do at least a short stint as a cadet trainee on the ship before getting promoted to captain.
Jan 12, 2013 10:00 PM

Jun 2012
Same here, a little disappointing but it'll still be the same. He will have bad luck and we can laugh at him. This episode was a little surprising considering I don't remember anybody being killed or at least I don't remember any blood. Besides the blood from his nose that is. Good episode, I wonder how he will do as pirate bait though he has experience.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 10, 2013 2:58 PM

Sep 2012
droid: 2 girls 1guy & a space ship, am i the only1 who thinks that things are getting ugly. LOL
Dec 28, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2014
Now that was more like it! Ep 9 was the stuff.

Pros:

Tarant Shank: The revelation has been realized. We know have an actual threat and antagonist. He ties into the story as someone opposite of Seina but connected to him through unfortunate circumstances. The events from ep 2-3 have caught up with Seina and made him look into the face of evil.

Plus Shank has a Stand! S%$t be going down!

Kiriko: Her intrigue has gone up. Seriously what does she do at the GP and what squad is she part of?!

Music: This time it was the correct type. From Tarant's BGm to the threat of the pirates mowing down the gp officers.

Cons:

Seina: This would've been a great start to an arc with Seina truly experiencing the darkness in the universe and how that would affect his decisions later on. But with the quick jump to Captain, that potential is squandered.

Along with the newest twist with Kiriko would've been a great addition to their dynamic. Maybe it'll be revisited later but still a waste.

5/5. This was the start of something good. Tarant might be the Kagato of GXP and how the fights will go in the future is something to be held.

Stooges return: Not a good thing. Why are they back?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Dec 6, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
I don't think Seina got any actual instruction from Amane or Kiriko before he got shipped out lol
Seina kinda typifies otkau sensibility- happy to peep if the opportunity is presented, and terrified of female use of violence even when it benefits him directly. Though at least he got over at the end of this episode, it's still pretty pathetic. At least he demostrates some ability to think on his feet.

I'm not a huge fan of this so far, probably because of the slapstick and kinda obnoxious quality in the characters. I think the characters are kinda obnoxious. Especially NB, but I'm tired of Seina being whiny. Amane and Kiriko are pretty terrible people, going from zero to catty once they set eyes on each other- not unlike Ryoko and Ayeka, but they just seem even more obnoxious.

I don't mind a Tenchi spin-off with new characters and I enjoy the world-expanding this series is doing; the girls are pretty nice looking and are all adults or at least seem like adults, giving this anime some vaguely straight shota vibes, particularly in the protective type Kiriko and the seductress type Amane

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 7, 2011

11 by security_desu »»
Aug 24, 2022 12:05 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 26 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

14 by Hesmiyu »»
May 22, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 17 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

3 by TheKing528 »»
Sep 17, 2021 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

4 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:22 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 13 Discussion

Fallenkingzero - Apr 21, 2013

2 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.