Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 1, 2012 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
I believe he can probably dodge it with his Eye of Mind but even EX agility is useless agiant Gae bolg so his agility doesnt matter.Using both EoM and agility wouldnt give Cu Chulainn a chance to use it which ,yeah, I accept.
May 1, 2012 9:40 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
I believe he can probably dodge it with his Eye of Mind but even EX agility is useless agiant Gae bolg so his agility doesnt matter.Using both EoM and agility wouldnt give Cu Chulainn a chance to use it which ,yeah, I accept.

I meant that if Cu Chulainn commited to using Gae Bolg, there would be enough time while it activates (while saying "Gae Bolg" and getting close enough to Diarmuid) that Diarmuid could hit Gae Bolg with Gae Dearg to cancel the effect altogether before it fully activates. And then slice Cu Chulainn up with Gae Buidhe...

I agree that Diarmuid could also just stay out of range via Eye of the Mind + agility if he needs to.
May 1, 2012 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
Saber of course~
May 1, 2012 9:46 AM

Jul 2010
I think Cu Chulainn would beat Diarmuid regardless. If Lancer used Gae Bolg like he did vs Archer in UBW (throw it from a distance), I don't think there's much Diarmuid can do.
May 1, 2012 9:47 AM

Mar 2012
Okaishi said:
I think Cu Chulainn would beat Diarmuid regardless. If Lancer used Gae Bolg like he did vs Archer in UBW (throw it from a distance), I don't think there's much Diarmuid can do.

Except Gae Dearg it.
May 1, 2012 10:12 AM

Aug 2009
ataraxial said:
Okaishi said:

Except Gae Dearg it.

The only way to know that is by watching them fight- kinda unlikely.It depends on whether Diarmuid can hit/touch the spear of striking death flight or not.I mean even with all the crazy stuff in nasuverse I dont remember any scene where someone stops a spear/arrow/sword tip with his own unlike many other anime(bleach,naruto etc)
May 1, 2012 10:27 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
the rune thing was that he had the time to use them not that they would work against Diarmuid.
He doesnt need to be close with his second technique it doesnt have the same effext bad it is strong

And about stopping it with Gae Dearg.Isnt the only way for it to work just before Cu Chulainn thrusts?Isnt that the moment when the magic effect takes place?I see it the same way I see the fight with Caster.The monster was summoned with magic but Diarmuid had to pierce the book.

Thats just speculation but I see the same thing in both cases.

the moment gae bolg's name is mentioned it has already pierced the heart so gae dearg wouldnt work
however diarmuid can move out of its range like archer did in the prologue before cu chulainn says
gae bolg
cu chulainn with kirei is weak because kirei is not a good magus
also he is bound by a command spell to go easy on servants in order to gather information

with bazett...hes prob the 4th strongest servant
BloodRequiemMay 1, 2012 10:32 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 1, 2012 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
Okaishi said:

the 1 he threw against archer was not the impaling heart version
he used the anti army version
thats why archer survived
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 1, 2012 10:34 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
The only way to know that is by watching them fight- kinda unlikely.It depends on whether Diarmuid can hit/touch the spear of striking death flight or not.I mean even with all the crazy stuff in nasuverse I dont remember any scene where someone stops a spear/arrow/sword tip with his own unlike many other anime(bleach,naruto etc)

He wouldn't have to hit the tip specifically since Gae Dearg would cancel out the magic behind the attack just by touching it. So all he'd have to do is pull a Zero Berserker, except he already has the weapon in his hand which would make it considerably easier.

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
the rune thing was that he had the time to use them not that they would work against Diarmuid.
He doesnt need to be close with his second technique it doesnt have the same effext bad it is strong

And about stopping it with Gae Dearg.Isnt the only way for it to work just before Cu Chulainn thrusts?Isnt that the moment when the magic effect takes place?I see it the same way I see the fight with Caster.The monster was summoned with magic but Diarmuid had to pierce the book.

the moment gae bolg's name is mentioned it has already pierced the heart so gae dearg wouldnt work
however diarmuid can move out of its range like archer did in the prologue before cu chulainn says gae bolg

I don't think we can really say what would happen with Gae Dearg vs. Gae Bolg.
My thoughts are that Gae Bolg wouldn't activate immediately - there is some time between starting to say its name and finishing it at the very least - which would be enough time for Gae Dearg to dispel the heart-piercing effect since it's fueled by mana.
May 1, 2012 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

I think Nasu also stated that he would have won the 5th war if Bazett was his Master.
May 1, 2012 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

He wouldn't have to hit the tip specifically since Gae Dearg would cancel out the magic behind the attack just by touching it. So all he'd have to do is pull a Zero Berserker, except he already has the weapon in his hand which would make it considerably easier.

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

however diarmuid can move out of its range like archer did in the prologue before cu chulainn says gae bolg

I don't think we can really say what would happen with Gae Dearg vs. Gae Bolg.
My thoughts are that Gae Bolg wouldn't activate immediately - there is some time between starting to say its name and finishing it at the very least - which would be enough time for Gae Dearg to dispel the heart-piercing effect since it's fueled by mana.

its a causality reversing effect
it cannot be blocked in ANY way other than moving out of range before it is activated or having an absurd amount of luck
May 1, 2012 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

I think Nasu also stated that he would have won the 5th war if Bazett was his Master.

naw he will only be able to take prob 4 or 5 of hercules lives at most
and fragarach wont work on hercules either...
May 1, 2012 10:39 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
it cannot be blocked in ANY way other than moving out of range before it is activated or having an absurd amount of luck

Right, but I'm not talking about after it gets activated.
I'm talking about when it's in the process of activating.
May 1, 2012 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

the activation prana is in the words and the surrounding air itself not the spear so hitting the spear wont do anything
plus their speeds are pretty equal
not to mention that gae dearg needs to maintain constant contact
BloodRequiemMay 1, 2012 10:45 AM
May 1, 2012 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

the activation prana is in the words itself not the spear so hitting the spear wont do anything

Their speeds are most definitely not equal. A+ means that he can boost to be twice as fast as A for a short amount of time.

Also, the thing about prana being in the words makes no sense. The spear is what's affected, so the effect can be canceled by touching it with Gae Dearg. Otherwise, Gae Dearg would not be an "anti-Noble Phantasm."
May 1, 2012 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

the activation prana is in the words itself not the spear so hitting the spear wont do anything

Their speeds are most definitely not equal. A+ means that he can boost to be twice as fast as A for a short amount of time.

Also, the thing about prana being in the words makes no sense. The spear is what's affected, so the effect can be canceled by touching it with Gae Dearg. Otherwise, Gae Dearg would not be an "anti-Noble Phantasm."

gae dearg is not anti noble phantasm
it simply cuts the flow of prana
if it cannot touch prana then it wont do anything

A+ is only under certain ideal conditions

cu chulainn can boost with his runes as well
BloodRequiemMay 1, 2012 10:51 AM
May 1, 2012 11:00 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

"Anti-noble phantasm" is what it says on the wiki.
Also, according to the wiki, Gae Bolg is "charged with prana" when using the anti-unit attack. Which means hitting it with Gae Dearg would cancel its effect if it could hit it while it's activating. Constant contact wouldn't be necessary once it gets canceled for a split second since Cu Chulainn would have to react in order to continue Gae Bolg - he'd probably have to say its name again at least.

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

Why wouldn't Fragarach work?
Also, word of god on Cu Chulainn vs. Heracles:
"Lancer can use his runes and Noble Phantasm together to temporarily raise the rank to A, but it'd still be a very disadvantageous fight but 'one with some chances.' "
May 1, 2012 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

Also, according to the wiki, Gae Bolg is "charged with prana" when using the anti-unit attack. Which means hitting it with Gae Dearg would cancel its effect if it could hit it while it's activating. Constant contact wouldn't be necessary once it gets canceled for a split second since Cu Chulainn would have to react in order to continue Gae Bolg - he'd probably have to say its name again at least.

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

"Lancer can use his runes and Noble Phantasm together to temporarily raise the rank to A, but it'd still be a very disadvantageous fight but 'one with some chances.' "

gae dearg isnt anti noble phantasm...
if anything it is anti magecraft
it is not shown to affect any noble phantasms that is not coated with prana
invisible air and lancelot's knight of honour pours prana on the outside of the noble phantasm while charging may mean that prana is within the noble phantasm
if it cannot reach the prana flow then it will not do anything

fragarach wont work because berserker doesnt have an ultimate attack that will trigger it
some chances- assassin has chances against Gil too, yes a prana enforced spit can even damage him but is it likely? not really
word of god cannot always be trusted
case in point UBW also tsukihime where shiki slices arcueid 17 times in the blink of an eye
more of a figure of speech
feat wise no way
we cant just assume that hercules will stand around and do nothing
hercules has way better stats than cu chulainn and it is extremely unlikely that gae bolg will be able to kill berserker all 12 times before it develops immunity
godhand can be regenerated as well
May 1, 2012 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

gae dearg isnt anti noble phantasm...
if anything it is anti magecraft
it is not shown to affect any noble phantasms that is not coated with prana
invisible air and lancelot's knight of honour pours prana on the outside of the noble phantasm while charging may mean that prana is within the noble phantasm
if it cannot reach the prana flow then it will not do anything

fragarach wont work because berserker doesnt have an ultimate attack that will trigger it
some chances- assassin has chances against Gil too, yes a prana enforced spit can even damage him but is it likely? not really
word of god cannot always be trusted
case in point UBW also tsukihime where shiki slices arcueid 17 times in the blink of an eye
more of a figure of speech
feat wise no way
we cant just assume that hercules will stand around and do nothing
hercules has way better stats than cu chulainn and it is extremely unlikely that gae bolg will be able to kill berserker all 12 times before it develops immunity
godhand can be regenerated as well

Point is that Gae Dearg would cut off prana flow to Gae Bolg, rendering the attack useless.
Being "charged with prana" sounds very much like Knight of Honor spreading prana throughout an object to Noble Phantasmize it, so there's no justification for asserting that the prana would only be "within it."

Anyways, I was agreeing with you about Cu Chulainn vs. Heracles. Calm your tits.
May 1, 2012 1:10 PM

Nov 2009
Well ofc Gilgamesh is the strongest... I mean this isnt even a discussion... But Lancelot is cooler than all :P
May 1, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Sasaki?wth?

Well he was fighting on par with Rin-Saber. And she only beat him due to plot hax.
May 1, 2012 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah but we dont decide this by how well everyone fought against Saber.I doubt Tsubame Gaeshi would work well against both Bersrkers and Casters.

Also, how about we include True Assassin since he is a different from the one in Zero?
May 1, 2012 3:04 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Yeah but we dont decide this by how well everyone fought against Saber.I doubt Tsubame Gaeshi would work well against both Bersrkers and Casters.

Also, how about we include True Assassin since he is a different from the one in Zero?

I know, but that's probably the reason why someone voted for him. Or maybe he/she voted for him because he's their favorite character.
May 1, 2012 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:

Sure, I'll throw in Avenger too for the lulz.
May 1, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
trolls gonna troll
cant help it cuz its a poll

kojirou may be haxed in melee but there are so many ways to bypass his advantage

maybe we should make separate sabers too
rin saber
shirou saber
kiritsugu saber
and saber alter

so we dont have stuff like rin saber with avalon...or alter with caliburn or someshit
May 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2010
BloodRequiem said:
trolls gonna troll

kojirou may be haxed in melee but there are so many ways to bypass his advantage

rin saber
shirou saber
kiritsugu saber
and saber alter

so we dont have stuff like rin saber with avalon...or alter with caliburn or someshit

Nah I think that's kind of pointless. Just consider Saber with a decent-good enough master with Avalon. Because Shirou is a pretty bad master, probably the worst, so it's kinda unfair for her.
Ragna92May 1, 2012 3:41 PM
May 1, 2012 3:35 PM

Apr 2012
Ragna92 said:
BloodRequiem said:
trolls gonna troll

rin saber
shirou saber
kiritsugu saber
and saber alter

Nah I think that's kind of pointless. Just consider Saber with a decent-good enough master with Avalon. Because Shirou is a pretty bad master probably the worst, so it's kinda unfair for her.

only shirou's version gets avalon but in turn has shit stats or else its just not canon
saber alter is completely different from the normal sabers too
May 1, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2009
it would be nice to know their status without the bonus from their masters.
May 1, 2012 3:46 PM

Aug 2010
I think you should also add Karna.
Ragna92May 1, 2012 3:57 PM
May 1, 2012 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
hope you are joking...whats the point to analyze Servants that we have never seen?

The same goes for fate/extra.Shiki killing 99 Servants?where all of them Avenger or something?For me it's as canon as Carnival phantasm is.
May 1, 2012 4:04 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
hope you are joking...whats the point to analyze Servants that we have never seen?

The same goes for fate/extra.Shiki killing 99 Servants?where all of them Avenger or something?For me it's as canon as Carnival phantasm is.

I wasn't exactly being serious, but I do think it would make things more interesting.

Maybe we should start making tier lists now. Here is a Nasuverse tier list http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=650586, if anyone's interest.
Ragna92May 1, 2012 4:10 PM
May 1, 2012 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
interesting yes but besides the wikis and speculations(Rin same tier with True Assassin and Rider?)we dont have anything.If we are lucky we may get a full Fate/Apocrypha.

lowest ranking
Shit
Shinji

XDXDXDXD
ssjokgMay 1, 2012 4:53 PM
May 1, 2012 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:

Not quite what you're looking for but this helps a little:
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Servant#Container_Parameters
May 1, 2012 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

Good job. I never saw that.... too bad for "Unmodified by the strengths and weaknesses of specific Heroic Spirits"

It would be really unfair for some of the known servants.
Heracles berserker according to the above.
str:C
end,agi:D
man,luck:E.
May 1, 2012 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

Good job. I never saw that.... too bad for "Unmodified by the strengths and weaknesses of specific Heroic Spirits"

I wonder why the base stats for the Berserker class are so low.
Mad Enhancement boosts stats by one step depending on level, but still...
May 1, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

I was quite surprised at how low the base stats were for Archer class in general when I first saw this. But then again, I guess the Archers we've seen so far have been really strong due to their master and due to their NPs and other special skills.

If taking only these estimated base stats into consideration, Saber, Caster, Lancer (and Assassin) seem to be more well-rounded in stats than the others.

If we eliminate the plot armor or hacks, which servant would have the biggest chance to defeat Gil? Based on the discussions here and the limited knowledge I have about servants, would it be Archer (Emiya)?
May 1, 2012 5:22 PM

Feb 2010
Oh and I finally decided to vote for Gil after taking into consideration what you guys said within this thread xD
May 1, 2012 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
highest chance of beating Gil outside of plothax
prob archer EMIYA
depends on whether or not Gil will crash his reality marble with Ea as soon as possible or stay full retard like in UBW

followed by saber alter simply because she can spam excalibur blasts continuously

then iskander
i doubt it but since he didnt have his chariot...maybe...idk

if PIS and CIS are off...no 1 can beat Gil...
May 1, 2012 5:41 PM

Feb 2010
BloodRequiem said:
prob archer EMIYA
depends on whether or not Gil will crash his reality marble with Ea as soon as possible or stay full retard like in UBW

followed by saber alter simply because she can spam excalibur blasts continuously

then iskander

Sorry for asking this but what's "PIS" and "CIS" .__.;
May 1, 2012 5:43 PM

Aug 2009
sallym613 said:

If we eliminate the plot armor or hacks, which servant would have the biggest chance to defeat Gil? Based on the discussions here and the limited knowledge I have about servants, would it be Archer (Emiya)?

Unless Gil uses Ea or Vimana from the beginning I am sure Emiya has chances to defeat him. GoB is useless against him since he coud counter whatever Gil throws at him by using the same one.As long as he doesnt give Gil any time to draw Ea or use Vimana then he can win.Enkidu may cause problems for Archer but since he does not have any divinity he may be able to do something like spam numerous NP to it...
May 1, 2012 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
sallym613 said:
BloodRequiem said:
prob archer EMIYA

then iskander

Plot- and character- induced stupidity.
Just learned this recently, to be honest :)
May 1, 2012 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
sallym613 said:
BloodRequiem said:
prob archer EMIYA

then iskander

PIS = plot induced stupidity

example: Berserker Hercules is fighting Shirou
Suddenly Shirou pulls out Caliburn and out of nowhere kills all of Berserker's lives.

CIS = character induced stupidity

example: Gilgamesh goes easy on Shirou because he does not go serious on mongrels and eventually is defeated
May 1, 2012 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
sallym613 said:
BloodRequiem said:
prob archer EMIYA

then iskander

Suddenly Shirou pulls out Caliburn and out of nowhere kills all of Berserker's lives.

example: Gilgamesh does not go easy on Shirou because he does not go easy on mongrels and eventually is defeated

You mean "does not go serious," right?
May 1, 2012 5:48 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:
sallym613 said:
BloodRequiem said:
prob archer EMIYA

then iskander

example: Gilgamesh does not go easy on Shirou because he does not go easy on mongrels and eventually is defeated

You mean "does not go serious," right?

my bad i will edit
May 1, 2012 5:55 PM

Aug 2009
irrelevant but I just found something great(for me at least)about Prototype Saber

Every time I look at Gilgamesh I will think about how great Prototype could be.
May 1, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2010
ataraxial said:

BloodRequiem said:

example: Gilgamesh goes easy on Shirou because he does not go serious on mongrels and eventually is defeated

Aha. So basically PIS and CIS are along the lines of plot/character hax. Gotcha.

@ ssjokg: Makes sense.

I'm wondering though: Since his Vimana got destroyed by Berserker Zero, does this mean he no longer has it in his GoB, meaning he can't use it during the Fifth Grail War even if he wanted to? I have always wondered about that.
May 1, 2012 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
sallym613 said:
ataraxial said:

BloodRequiem said:

Aha. So basically PIS and CIS are along the lines of plot/character hax. Gotcha.

@ ssjokg: Makes sense.

I'm wondering though: Since his Vimana got destroyed by Berserker Zero, does this mean he no longer has it in his GoB, meaning he can't use it during the Fifth Grail War even if he wanted to? I have always wondered about that.

he probably doesnt have it anymore unless hes summoned again
plus theres no point in flying when servants have spirit form so vimana is barely a factor unless he decides to nuke fuyuki
May 1, 2012 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

It's because the Berserker class was made to bring weaker heroes up to par with stronger ones. But everyone we've seen just uses it to make strong heroes even stronger.
Though these base stats are pointless since, as said, they aren't relevant to the hero.

Also bringing up Karna is pointless (besides the fact that he's unused) because he can't use one of his Noble Phantasms on "stronger foes" and who's to say where that line falls? That said, he'd probably be number 2 after Gilgamesh, and the fight between them would just come down to whoever used their anti-god weapon first.

Also yeah destroyed Noble Phantasms can't come back, so Gilgamesh won't have Vimana anymore unless he's summoned again. Or has more than one.
May 2, 2012 3:17 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
MapoTofu said:
If in the Archer (Emiya) vs Berserker (Heracles) fight, Archer uses UBW first and instead of going head on but just shoots all of his weapons as BPs, would he have been able to beat Berserker.

Heracles Berserker isnt as slow as the anime makes him to be.And no one knows how Archer really fought him.And he wasnt at full power because of Saber's attack in the beginning.If Shirou was able to beat him I dont see EMIYA being unable to since he is a lot more powerful than his younger self.

BP takes a huge amount of prana which is counterproductive to the whole point of using UBW because the point of UBW is having access to high ranked, accurate copies while keeping cost low

berserker is several times faster than archer

and no archer cant trace avalon or caliburn because he doesnt have a connection with saber therefore he has no image

and im pretty sure he healed that wound saber gave him a long time ago

I meant he could use Nine Lives like Shirou did in HF.Even if dark Berserker is weaker than the normal one.And without the after effects that Shirou had,EMIYA would be able to use it more than once
ssjokgMay 2, 2012 3:21 AM
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.