Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Subbers who sub older anime [ yes i know this is onging] should sub this
Apr 29, 2012 8:46 AM
Mar 2011
this is one of the anime that deifne anime and for 43 years the highest rated anime on TV i though anime fans the world over would like this anime

i ask the question above

i watch every week

DateYutakaApr 29, 2012 2:03 PM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2011
Because there are no fucking subs.
But if there were, I'd probably watch it.
Apr 29, 2012 2:11 PM
Mar 2011
Tiago97 said:

the language used in this anime is simple its a good anime to watch as a learning Comanpoin if you wish you Leran Japanese along with Nintama and Maruko
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 18, 2012 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
I think the synopsis itself sums up why its so underwatched.

"Such "boring" plotlines and the simplistic art are often a turn-off to non-Japanese audiences"

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 23, 2012 3:08 AM

Oct 2011
rederoin said:

"Such "boring" plotlines and the simplistic art are often a turn-off to non-Japanese audiences"
totally disagree....i watched an unsubbed version of episode 1, and even though i know very little japanese enjoyed it - it has the same vibe of many sixties era cartoons that were made in the u.s., but with the added bonus of that wonderful madcap japanese style of humor - my belief is that many people are just not open to older things out of sheer intellectual laziness or maybe just lack of interest in all things outside of their blinkered world view (a sickness sadly very prevalent in our modern consumer tv culture) .....just because something is foreign or old does not make it "boring" or "simplistic", but rather an experience to be savored as a window into another simpler and more warm time - it's the same reason i love to watch silent movies from the early 1900's or like to read 18th century british novels....open yr. mind!
Jul 28, 2012 3:45 PM

Nov 2011
octal9 said:
rederoin said:

totally disagree....i watched an unsubbed version of episode 1, and even though i know very little japanese enjoyed it - it has the same vibe of many sixties era cartoons that were made in the u.s., but with the added bonus of that wonderful madcap japanese style of humor - my belief is that many people are just not open to older things out of sheer intellectual laziness or maybe just lack of interest in all things outside of their blinkered world view (a sickness sadly very prevalent in our modern consumer tv culture) .....just because something is foreign or old does not make it "boring" or "simplistic", but rather an experience to be savored as a window into another simpler and more warm time - it's the same reason i love to watch silent movies from the early 1900's or like to read 18th century british novels....open yr. mind!

I was quoting something, that was not something I said.
And not everybody enjoys those "60's cartoons", so its not really a surprise this isen't that popular in the west either.

my belief is that many people are just not open to older things out of sheer intellectual laziness or maybe just lack of interest in all things outside of their blinkered world view (a sickness sadly very prevalent in our modern consumer tv culture) .....just because something is foreign or old does not make it "boring" or "simplistic", but rather an experience to be savored as a window into another simpler and more warm time - it's the same reason i love to watch silent movies from the early 1900's or like to read 18th century british novels....open yr. mind!

So its a sickness to not your taste? is that what you're saying?
Aside from the fact it barely has any episodes subbed(which once-again, is a huge turn-off), and the fact it has over 6000 episodes, thus it would take way to long to finish.

Open your mind? Everybody who never watched this doesen't have a open mind?
Do you like sounding like a elitist?
Is it that hard for you to consider that not everybody shares your taste in media?

Jul 28, 2012 4:01 PM
Mar 2011
rederoin said:
octal9 said:
rederoin said:

I was quoting something, that was not something I said.
And not everybody enjoys those "60's cartoons", so its not really a surprise this isen't that popular in the west either.

my belief is that many people are just not open to older things out of sheer intellectual laziness or maybe just lack of interest in all things outside of their blinkered world view (a sickness sadly very prevalent in our modern consumer tv culture) .....just because something is foreign or old does not make it "boring" or "simplistic", but rather an experience to be savored as a window into another simpler and more warm time - it's the same reason i love to watch silent movies from the early 1900's or like to read 18th century british novels....open yr. mind!

So its a sickness to not your taste? is that what you're saying?
Aside from the fact it barely has any episodes subbed(which once-again, is a huge turn-off), and the fact it has over 6000 episodes, thus it would take way to long to finish.

Open your mind? Everybody who never watched this doesen't have a open mind?
Do you like sounding like a elitist?
Is it that hard for you to consider that not everybody shares your taste in media?

This will be the only anime never to finish imo it has Such a Tie to people it will so it will be forever ongoing
find a subbed episode ad you will see is got Ok Humor in it

Jul 28, 2012 4:11 PM

Apr 2011
Because it is.
Jul 31, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
Maybe because there's over 6,000 fucking episodes.
Jul 31, 2012 8:50 PM
Mar 2011
noyoureinsane said:
Maybe because there's over 6,000 fucking episodes.

true but moot

Jul 31, 2012 9:01 PM

Jun 2012
i didnt even know this existed until you pointed it out
Jul 31, 2012 9:03 PM
Mar 2011
Shuhan said:

you like anime and have not herd of this befirw

Jul 31, 2012 9:06 PM

Jun 2012
Enjolras1830 said:
Shuhan said:

That is correct, if it makes any difference i just started watching anime a few months ago.
Jul 31, 2012 9:08 PM
Mar 2011
Shuhan said:
Enjolras1830 said:
Shuhan said:

That is correct, if it makes any difference i just started watching anime a few months ago.

ok but this is one of the anime that define anime

Jul 31, 2012 9:35 PM
Mar 2012
nobody subs it, it's like kochikame it's just something made by japaneses for japaneses
Aug 2, 2012 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
No moe = no interest.
That's pretty much why people don't dig this anime.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Aug 3, 2012 5:45 PM

Nov 2011
wishbook said:
No moe = no interest.
That's pretty much why people don't dig this anime.

That would imply all popular anime would have "moe", which is not the case.

Aug 3, 2012 5:48 PM
Mar 2011
Shaduge said:
nobody subs it, it's like kochikame it's just something made by japaneses for japaneses

the anime of kochi kame is under 400 eoisodes long oif some one can sub just sputh of 700 episdes of Conan 400 epiosdes sold not be that hard

Aug 3, 2012 6:33 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
Shaduge said:

the anime of kochi kame is under 400 eoisodes long oif some one can sub just sputh of 700 episdes of Conan 400 epiosdes sold not be that hard

Those anime have demand, this anime does not(in the west).

Aug 16, 2012 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
It too fucking long thats what.

If you've watched every single episode then.... thats over 1100 hours of your life your never getting back.
Aug 31, 2012 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Where can I watch it?
Aug 31, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2009
because not all of us have access to Japanese channels
and I just can't find the appeal in this
Sep 6, 2012 4:59 AM

Mar 2012
I found episode 1 on youtube

Sep 6, 2012 5:33 AM

Jul 2011
I watched the first 2 episodes just out of curiosity, though I already knew a bit what it was like, anyway, dropped.
Oct 23, 2012 4:34 AM

Oct 2010
It's pretty difficult if not impossible to follow this show outside of Japan. I mean, there are online videos but if you don't know Japanese it is absurd to watch them because it seems nobody wants to do the hard work of subbing 6400 episodes. I watched the first minute of the video by AstarQ but that's about it. I usually refuse to watch a raw series, not to mention one that is so focused on Japanese popular culture and must be heavy in situational dialogue and expressions.
Oct 23, 2012 4:57 AM
Mar 2011
jal90 said:
It's pretty difficult if not impossible to follow this show outside of Japan. I mean, there are online videos but if you don't know Japanese it is absurd to watch them because it seems nobody wants to do the hard work of subbing 6400 episodes. I watched the first minute of the video by AstarQ but that's about it. I usually refuse to watch a raw series, not to mention one that is so focused on Japanese popular culture and must be heavy in situational dialogue and expressions.

no situational dialogue is not that much oits no like the manga were each Strip covered an impoata news story for that day
yes ii read the whole manga and Cause the way in witeen is hard to Understad

The the first 2000 epiosdes of the anime[after the manga was coverd with in the irst 400 worked like this so that may be one of the issues

its not situational dialogue it maybe be lack of knownign what happened on that day in Japanese History that may make it hard to Undersatbd

this i one of the anime that Capture wat Japanese Life is to its core if you wish to Lrean how Japanese :ife is this is the anime for you the only other thing that Comes close to This is accuacy to real Life is Kimpachi Sensei Drama

Feb 7, 2013 3:07 AM

Sep 2009
DateYutaka said:
Tiago97 said:

the language used in this anime is simple its a good anime to watch as a learning Comanpoin if you wish you Leran Japanese along with Nintama and Maruko

Key phrase: if you wish you Leran Japanese. (sic)

Most people don't have any active interest in doing so, since, I don't know ,maybe they have other things in their life. Most would rather stick to Leran English, thank you very much.

The better question is why the hell you can't work out something so obvious on your own.
Feb 8, 2013 6:07 AM

Sep 2012
Klonoa79H said:

If you've watched every single episode then.... thats over 1100 hours of your life your never getting back.

Didn't know there were hours of our life that we could get back.
Feb 8, 2013 6:08 AM
Mar 2011
Avolion said:
Is it worth giving a try, ive heard this one is the longest out of them all.

its the lognest running animated show in history in pure episode count and lreght of time on the air

Feb 8, 2013 6:14 AM
Mar 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Klonoa79H said:

Didn't know there were hours of our life that we could get back.

but you can view this fatser than most show since you can view say if you begin to view one piece from the start and watch for five hours a day its would take just under 60 days to get up to date while to view this it up to the same count as op is at now would take just under 3 weeks

Feb 19, 2013 8:57 PM
Jul 2010
Tiago97 said:

Actually, there's an obstacle worse than subs and I'm really surprised NOBODY has mentioned this: This series has never been officially released on home video because the creator Machiko Hasegawa requested it before she died. In other words, she fucked the fans forever, since if you miss one episode bad luck for you: You'll probably never have the opportunity to watch it again since it'll never be released on VHS, DVD or any other home video format and even if you try looking online, Fuji TV is extremely aggressive hunting down uploaders and erasing any videos of this series.

Oh, and if you want to watch all the episodes from the beginning good luck, since this show first aired before VCRs became widespread it's practically impossible to watch it in its entirety. In fact, I doubt ANYONE has watched ALL the episodes of Sazae-san since you'd have to have watched Fuji TV every Sunday from 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. since 1969 without failing and I doubt anyone has done that without missing one episode for more than 4 decades.
The only way I know to get some of the early, very old episodes it's in one of the anniversaries specials Fuji TV airs, like the 40th anniversary one where Fuji TV aired some very old episodes from the late 60's and early 70s and broadcast them again for the first time in decades.
I believe even if someone tries to license this they wouldn't be able to due to their ridiculous "no release on home video" policy.
Mar 13, 2013 8:51 PM

Feb 2010
@NFH

Very good but saddening to know :(
Mar 20, 2013 8:14 AM

Jun 2012
You are asking why something with no subs is underviewed...

And also even if it were subbed, it seems like the sort of show you need to be a native japanese to really get fully. Plus it doesn't sound that exciting to me :P

Though if it was subbed i would be willing to give it a try, the episodes are short so it can just be a thing on the side to sometimes watch when i'm bored :P
jimbob1141Mar 20, 2013 8:17 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 15, 2013 6:46 AM
Nov 2010
Ok, this started 2 years after I was born. I know numerous current popular anime series use the Sazae-san model - especially Gintama, because it's been mentioned several times. But to sub just 10% of this would take a LONG time. I've never seen it, and I'm intrigued, but, as VCRs didn't become popular/affordable until the 1980s, and there's a no-release policy on this show, the likelyhood of anyone having the first say, 15 years worth of episodes, is slim to say the least.

The best thing is to say "oh well," and accept you ain't gonna see it. There's lots of other old series out there that are really entertaining, such as Rumineko Takahashi's stuff. Try that, it's pretty good.

Well at least when my son says which has the most eps now, I can give an accurate answer.

Oh, and apart from soap opera's no-one in the west can be bothered to watch anything that long running anyway.
Jul 12, 2013 4:48 AM
Jan 2013
What will be end much quickly: Sazae-san or One Piece?
Jul 13, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2010
You know I would love to watch sazae-san, I see it pretty difficult to find sources to watch all episodes. A raw anime with simple japanese dialogue seems interesting for people who want to learn the japanese language.
Jul 13, 2013 9:55 PM
Jul 2012
too much episodes that can't sub the whole episodes.
Jul 13, 2013 9:57 PM
Mar 2011
at lest sub the newer epsodes id say

Aug 29, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2012
NFH said:

This series has never been officially released on home video because the creator Machiko Hasegawa requested it before she died.

Well Machiko Hasegawa, fuck you.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 14, 2013 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
It's because it's one of the few anime that is viewed as "acceptable" by adults. No one want to watch something that's "acceptable".
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Sep 14, 2013 7:35 PM

May 2011
Japanese TV Ratings =/= American TV Ratings, even then, if i were to watch an animated sitcom, i would rather watch American cartoons like Ed Edd & Eddy
Sep 14, 2013 9:26 PM

Nov 2009
ainky said:
I watched the first 2 episodes just out of curiosity, though I already knew a bit what it was like, anyway, dropped.

I'm pretty sure it's best if you watch the latest episodes rather than episodes from the early 1970's...
Sep 15, 2013 10:08 AM
Apr 2011
rederoin said:

I agree with you.
It's somewhat "out" in the western world (imo) because nowadays, people like action, good graphic and/or good fanservice. I don't know if it's just me. There are people who are interested in this but not everyone is a fan of this kind of anime. We all have opinions that are different and should respect that. Not force opinions on others. -cough octal cough-

I have been a anime watcher for 5 years and never heard of this anime.
I only completed around 100-200 but still....not everything goes around. :l
Sep 17, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2013
I've been watching anime since about 94-96 when it was cheaper to buy dubbed because some retard at Viz & Pioneer decided to charges an extra $10-$15 for subs.

I too have never heard of this show.

I can accept the loss of the 1st 15-18 years when you realize the technological limitations of the time. That said maybe... just maybe someone will reverse sub the series from current stuff backwards. That's the only way I see it working, & pray this show doesn't have linear arcs. Considering each episode is 10mins it'll be a safe bet on non-linear story.

Lastly if they can butcher Crayola Shin Chan to work for westerners then they can take the knife to this. Really has anyone ever seen dubbed Shin Chan?! What the $#&* over?! Keep the topical/pop humor completely intact people.
Jan 8, 2014 10:55 PM

Jun 2010
broodo said:
Lastly if they can butcher Crayola Shin Chan to work for westerners then they can take the knife to this. Really has anyone ever seen dubbed Shin Chan?! What the $#&* over?! Keep the topical/pop humor completely intact people.

Because people want to hear jokes about transient pop-culture or politics from decades ago? That would make fansubs difficult enough, but putting money into a straight release of something like Shin-chan (or Sazae-san) is a ridiculous idea. It would never succeed.
Jan 8, 2014 11:05 PM
Mar 2011
Fronzel said:
broodo said:

Because people want to hear jokes about transient pop-culture or politics from decades ago? That would make fansubs difficult enough, but putting money into a straight release of something like Shin-chan (or Sazae-san) is a ridiculous idea. It would never succeed.

shinCahn should be a kids show and this a saflmy one both should air on TV at proper times thay fucked shin chan up to make ot an a south park clone

Jan 11, 2014 10:03 AM

Jun 2010
NoSurrender1690 said:
Fronzel said:
broodo said:

shinCahn should be a kids show and this a saflmy one both should air on TV at proper times thay fucked shin chan up to make ot an a south park clone

I don't know what you mean by "saflmy" but you seem to be asking these shows to be received in America exactly the same as in Japan. It would never work. Anime is a niche interest in America, even stuff that's mainstream and actually popular in Japan like Shin-chan, Sazae-san, or Detective Conan.

Airing a series that's so steeped in the atmosphere of 1960s Japan would never work. It's trading on nostalgia that an American audience cannot possibly have.
Jan 11, 2014 10:10 AM
Mar 2011
Fronzel said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Fronzel said:
broodo said:

I don't know what you mean by "saflmy" but you seem to be asking these shows to be received in America exactly the same as in Japan. It would never work. Anime is a niche interest in America, even stuff that's mainstream and actually popular in Japan like Shin-chan, Sazae-san, or Detective Conan.

Airing a series that's so steeped in the atmosphere of 1960s Japan would never work. It's trading on nostalgia that an American audience cannot possibly have.

Shin Chan is a Family Show and funi fucked in to a south park clone when you consider i was aring subbed in the us on Kiku Tv from around a mothn after it began in Japan till funomation raped it

its not Nostagia have you look at the ratings ofr it of late

Jan 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2010
NoSurrender1690 said:
Fronzel said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Fronzel said:
broodo said:

Shin Chan is a Family Show and funi fucked in to a south park clone when you consider i was aring subbed in the us on Kiku Tv from around a mothn after it began in Japan till funomation raped it

Kiku is a Hawaiian TV station and its a bad idea to draw a conclusion from just one state; the cultural environment of Hawaii is quite different from the rest of the US; Kiku is specifically aimed at Asians; almost 40% of the population in that state whereas it's only 5% nationally (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/15000.html). Moreover even they aired anime via partnership with Funimation for a while only to give it up because it wasn't popular enough (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIKU#cite_ref-7).
Jan 11, 2014 12:58 PM
Mar 2011
Fronzel said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Fronzel said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Fronzel said:
broodo said:

Kiku is a Hawaiian TV station and its a bad idea to draw a conclusion from just one state; the cultural environment of Hawaii is quite different from the rest of the US; Kiku is specifically aimed at Asians; almost 40% of the population in that state whereas it's only 5% nationally (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/15000.html). Moreover even they aired anime via partnership with Funimation for a while only to give it up because it wasn't popular enough (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIKU#cite_ref-7).

my ratings commeny was to lok at japanese ratings so show you shin chan and this show are not based on noslagia it based on its a Mainstream show with a real prime time slot

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sazae-san Episode 1888 Discussion

ooReiko - Apr 30, 2023

1 by iputsday »»
Sep 4, 2023 2:43 AM

Poll: » Sazae-san Episode 1 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Sep 14, 2013

5 by ehan90 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:06 PM

» How long is Sazae-san?

Izuella - May 8, 2023

2 by ooReiko »»
May 9, 2023 6:37 PM

» First fifty episodes of Sazae-san streaming on Amazon Prime Video Japan

-R - Dec 26, 2018

9 by ooReiko »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:57 PM

» How is Sazae-San Still running after 48 years and 8000 episodes?

iSpade - Nov 3, 2017

17 by tysonfist764 »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.